Avail

Real estate property management for landlords

Nathan

Great for starting out

Reviewed on 2019/05/11

Pros

Love avail for starting out as a smaller property management company; makes us feel like big company.

Cons

Could use better mobile support or app features.

Response from Avail

Hi Nathan!

Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user (and thank you so much for the honest review).

Several landlords have reached out about this (having a mobile app), and while I can say that a mobile app is on our roadmap in the coming months, I don't have an exact date for that yet. This said you can easily access our platform from your mobile device's web browser (our website has been designed & optimized for mobile use whether your device is an Android or iOS).

Thank you so much for the honest review and keep in mind that we're here as a resource for you.

Christopher
  • Industry: Investment Management

Great software for starting out

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

As a family investing in multi-family properties we're wanting to manage them ourselves but we're also starting from scratch. Avail is a great option for listing, leasing and rent collection, which is a HUGE help. It's not perfect but for the price I think it's the best option right now. I'd recommend for anyone with small portfolios or just starting out.

Pros

The software is great about streamlining processes. It takes something like listing the property, which could take hours to post to individual sites like Zillow, Apartments.com etc, and lets you post in a matter or minutes.

Cons

The software can sometimes feel like a hammer when you need a scalpel. When you post your listings the software will scrub out anything that looks like contact information. I assume this is because they want all the communication captive in the system. This is in theory but it forces us to use clunky lines of communication while simultaneously trying to make a first impression with prospective tenants. There are enough examples of how that manifests itself that my newest tenant just moved in and isn't exactly thrilled when I tell her we have use Avail for certain operations.

Response from Avail

Hi Christopher,

Robert here I'm a Community Manager with Avail. On behalf of the team, I just wanted to say thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback! We really do appreciate hearing from valued product users like yourself.

Furthermore, I did want to also sincerely apologize for any issues that you might be running into in terms of the platform not being as fluid as you'd have hoped/being clunky. We always strive to provide users with the as excellent of an experience as possible, and it sounds like this was not the case in your instance. We're making a lot of exciting changes, but in order to keep us humble and make sure we're moving the product in the right direction, I'd love to learn a little bit more about what you think we could improve.

My email is [email protected]. Please feel free to email me at your earliest convenience. All feedback is greatly appreciated and goes a long way! Thank you so much again.

@ Avail.co

Too many basic tech 101 errors not caught and explained to users. just generic error messages.

Reviewed on 2021/07/26

See Cons.

See Cons.
Stress imposed and the need to share extremely sensitive documents by email to get around the system and multiple phone calls for each application and to each party is an extremely poor experience, Lost opportunities, and put our personal information at risk, all with zero outcome and benefit.

Pros

ez to launch. that is it.
wish I could say more the review requires more letters so am just typing more.

Cons

1) poor attention to catching user errors and explaining the problem to fix so user can proceed.
2) lack of awareness of use cases that real life users experience. Seems you cant live at same address 2x in past, cant own an address other than your current address. cant have prior rent be 0 (at least give a warning for that, (ie if you owned it).. and anyone without a credit rating will get stuck with a mysterious error and no explanation (which mean no foreign people can apply, which is some regions is an illegal restriction to impose.. but this software is by lack of function imposing it)
3) API (Application connection) hand of from Avail to Transunion is horrible.. sometimes TU get some info, no info, all info.. whatever the case.. the user gets no feedback.. Software that guarantees phones 4+ phone calls to 3 different parties Landloard, Software, Credit Check Company... is NOT a software Solution,, it is a Problem.
4) UI/UX lacking basic feedback.. can I save. can I come back. how do I go forward, did that work... Im stuck, now what...

Tamara

Amazing site for landlords

Reviewed on 2022/06/27

Love it.it is free and gives my listing more exposure

Love it.it is free and gives my listing more exposure

Pros

Free to use.auto populates 12 other sites, so get more leads as landlord. One stop shop does credit and eviction report.

Cons

Hiding the apt number, so people don't knock on an occupied property

Response from Avail

Hi Tamara, thank you so much for putting time into this honest review. We genuinely appreciate your feedback and are happy that Avail has been able to help with making your rental property management process easier. We've also gotten this point of feedback before about being able to hide the apartment number, though listing syndication to partner sites makes it so that the exact address has to be provided. That said, it is a fair point to make and I will be sure to provide this point of feedback to the team to keep it in mind for future considerations. Thank you so much and please let me know if there's anything else we can assist with. Kind regards, Robert B. - Community Manager @ Avail.co

Eric

Keeps your home rentals organized

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Pros

The following are not in any order of importance. (They are all important>)

* Lease signing (paperless)
* Can customize your lease using state specific template
* Avail reminds tenants when rent is due. My rent is paid on time by my tenants and I dont have to do anything.
* Tenants pay rent using ACH transactions
* Listing your available rentals is easy
* Prospective tenants complet rental application on line (no work for me to input data)
* Tenants pay for background / credit check (I don't have to collect money or do anything) and then Avail sends me the applications
* Avail reminds me 60 days before lease expires (I don't have to remember anything)
* Maintenance portal for tenants to place maintenance requests
* Avail provides a simple to set up marketing website for my properties

Cons

The state specific lease for my state (Florida) was pretty basic and had some typos. I have spent a lot of time improving the lease for my requirements. But it is easy to edit and make changes. Once you do your first lease, you can clone it for your other properties.

Response from Avail

Hi Eric,

Thank you so much for the glowing review. I can't begin to thank you enough! For many landlords out there who have a lot of questions and might be hesitating to join Avail, feedback like yours makes it clear why they should.

Feedback like yours makes it possible for us to make the necessary improvements; my email is [email protected]; in addition to some simple lease fixes, please feel free to let me know any other constructive feedback you might have so we can make that feature stronger.

Again, I can't thank you enough for your glowing recommendation and would love to learn more. My email is [email protected] -- feel free to email me with any further feedback you might have. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail!

Paul

Excellent apartment management system for sole proprietors

Reviewed on 2021/11/05

Avail has an increasingly good customer service team for us as owners/managers and for tenants alike. We regularly offer suggestions to Avail for improvement and believe they take our suggestions into consideration.

Pros

The cost is affordable. We can use and adapt Avail's model lease to create excellent, personalized leases and rules and regulations. Most importantly, Avail provides lease language specific to our state. We were able to set up the structure for managing our 20 apartments in a reasonable amount of time. When we ran into a glitch, we simply called Avail and they walked us through. We use Avail for advertising apartments, leases, and for receiving and tracking security deposits and rental payments.

Cons

It would be very helpful if Avail offered an accounting process that easily integrated with QuickBooks. It isn't easy to download and provide easily understandable payment records each month. Thus we create our own spreadsheet that we provide to our accountant. We have recommended that Avail offer a limited access option for our accountant to view payments for security deposits and rent, and hope this happens soon.

I really like Avail, and it's improving

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

I have rented property for two years, starting with one and now have four properties. Avail has worked as sort of a rental guide for me. From listing, to lease, to collecting payments, Avail has helped me run the flow of being a property owner/manager. I feel like I look more professional to tenants and it keeps me at an arms length on the day to day issues.

Pros

I like:
Support: open a support ticket and they respond within a couple of hours AND solve the problem.
The notifications it gives tenants when rent is due and when they're late.
The ACH payment system
The listing tool to list my rental on numerous sites with only entering the information once.

Cons

-The lease tool can be a little clunky.
-Lease renewals are a bit difficult to figure out.
-A tenant moving to a new unit I manage with a new lease was hard to set up or figure out.

Response from Avail

Hi!!

As you may know, we are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for), but with those changes, we realize that it can take time to iron out all of the glitches and that can lead to a not so great experience. For this I do sincerely apologize. We are working on several lease updates and other bug fixes. I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me ([email protected]), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled!

@ Avail.co

Easy to use software for new landlords

Reviewed on 2018/07/28

Easy collections management, automatic payments and lease renewals.

Easy collections management, automatic payments and lease renewals.

Pros

Although Rentalutions offers a ton of functionality, I like how easy it is to setup a payment schedule. Cash flow is important as a Landlord, and Rentalutions will send tenants reminders about payments if not made before a certain date. The landlords also get notifications when payments are made and notified regarding the date of deposit in their account.

Cons

I wish there was a way to trim down the functionality. The new UI is slick, but I really only use about 25% of this product. I find that the screens are a little crowded now.

Response from Avail

Hi! Robert here; I'm one of Avail's Community Managers. Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback included within your review. Believe me when I say that this is something we definitely take to heart as we try to improve our product and provide an experience that users will grow to love for years to come.

As for the UI feeling a bit crowded, I do sincerely apologize for that. We're currently working on a few product automations and updates so to make the on-boarding process even more intuitive.

Robert Bates
@ avail.co

Greg

Great bang for the buck!

Reviewed on 2019/05/13

I like getting automated payments from tenants. I also like how they notify the tenant if rent is due, or late.

Pros

Once you get in, the system is easy to track tenants. From their payments, to invoices. I like that.

Cons

Its hard to get the tenant set up for online payments. You have to almost walk them through it and follow up several times.

Response from Avail

Hi Greg,

My name is Robert and I'm one of Avail's Community Managers. I just wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user (and thank you so much for the honest review)!

Many landlords have reached out about offering more resources during the tenant on-boarding process. We've made it so that, during the tenant on-boarding process, many instructional emails are sent; this said we are working to provide further in-app steps to hopefully make things a bit more intuitive for tenants who are just getting started.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Pros

It’s got a ton of options and the cost is extremely competitive. Very intuitive.

Cons

Don’t want to pay for services as an individual user.

Response from Avail

Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. We built our platform so the process of renting could become super easy, especially for property owners who have decided to self-manage their portfolio.

Again, I can't thank you enough for your glowing recommendation and should you ever have any questions or need additional help, please know that we are here as a resource for you. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail!

Elaine

All Small/Med Landlords should use Avail

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

Nearly everything to do with managing our rental properties is now electronic thanks to Avail. Saves hours and looking for things, in addition to making the rental and collections processes smooth.

Pros

The automated features are the best. Automated communication to tenants, electronic leases (with state legal updates), posting a rental and receiving applications, processing, applications, rent collection, and so much more.

Cons

The inability to have anything but the main email associated with things is difficult. Same with telephone numbers. In many cases more than 1 person manages the tenants, but everything (except add a contractor) must use the main email and phone number. Some features aren't greatly intuitive, but easy to use once you know the tricks.

Response from Avail

Hi Elaine!

Several landlords have reached out about this (the ability to have only 1 email associated with an account), and the shortest answer is for simplicity of use. Since we are built for smaller DIY landlords, we have determined that this is the best way (a lot of property management teams have requested multiple logins). While I know that multiple logins is on our roadmap, I don't have a definitive timeline. I'd love to hear more about what you'd like to see changed, and what we can do to make Avail a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me ([email protected]), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled!

Quoc
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Simplified, easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

great tech support and made being a landlord easier. Just requires some polishing. Refer to the cons area.

Pros

-listing is simplified
-personal marketing page to quick link places not on listing
-leasing is simplified
-online payments

Cons

-needs to be able to break down to individual room rentals. I rent rooms to students in my home, and it splits it up as an apartment or some weird format. When it goes to online listing, it doesn't matchup correctly and people believe its the whole house for rent.
-listing syntax needs to be worked out. seems like what we input in avail doesn't always translate correctly to zillow or zumper listings.

Response from Avail

Hi Quoc!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of Avail. I can't begin to thank you enough. Feedback like yours makes it possible for us to make the necessary improvements so we can provide nothing less than a top-notch experience.

My email is [email protected]; just to clarify, our platform is designed for property owners with standard rentals rather than individual rooms for rent (many of the partner sites have restrictions on listing rooms for rent as well). Still, we want to be sure to provide a balanced experience for landlords across the spectrum and your feedback is very valuable to us.

JEFFRY

Cedarstone Review

Excellent overall

Excellent overall

Pros

The software is very easy to use once you are familiar with the program.

It does a great job of helping us keep track of all of rentals in one convenient place.

Cons

Not as much with the software but with the lack of tutorials of the software.

I think it would be beneficial to have several tutorials on how to enter units into the program.

Customer service was great at helping every time we called but would have been nice to have something else to go by.

Response from Avail

Hi Jeffry,

Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. Furthermore, I wanted to apologize for the lack of tutorials.

We are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for), but with those changes, we realize that it can take some time to update our tutorials to appropriately reflect all of those new changes (which can definitely cause some confusion and can lead to a not so great experience). Having said that I'd love to hear more about any specific features we could highlight, and most importantly, would love to know what you'd like to see changed so that Avail can become a product you'd recommend to others.

Please email me ([email protected]), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled.

Andrew
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Used for 2+ years

Professional Landlord tools at your fingertips

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Customer service has been friendly and effective. I continue to use the software and hope to expand my rental portfolio using this software.

Pros

This software handles most all tools you'll need to list your property, screen tennants, create a lease, collect rent payments, schedule maintenence, and so much more. It's a good way to manage one or several properties. Also makes for a professional appearence as a landlord.
I especially like the online background check - definatly helps to secure the right tennant.

Cons

Little to dislike. The company is always improving the software and introducing new features.

Response from Avail

Hi Andrew,

Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback. I can honestly say on behalf of the entire Avail team that we are lucky to have you as a member of the Avail community. We built our platform so that the process of renting could become super easy, especially for landlords who have decided to self-manage their REI portfolios.

As you so kindly noted, we are continually thinking through ways we can continue to improve our platform.

Again, I can't thank you enough for your glowing recommendation, and should you ever have any questions or need additional help, please know that we are here as a resource for you. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail.

John

One Stop for all of Your Real Estate Needs

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Pros

Working with our tenants has never been easier! Avail makes communication simple

Cons

The options for advertising vacant listings could be improved upon but not bad overall

Response from Avail

Thank you so much for the honest review, John!! Believe me when I say this is the type of feedback that really helps us to improve the platform. Personally, I am super thrilled to have you as a part of the Avail community and if there's anything I can do to help provide a better experience, please feel free to reach out directly ([email protected]) -- if you have any additional feedback about our listing feature, I'd be more than happy to share that with my product team.

If you need anything else, please feel free to reach out to us and thanks so much again for choosing Avail. - Robert B., Community Manager at Avail.co

Christian
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Great for properties, not so much on the back end

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Avail has great reporting and intuitive features (reminders, ease of use, tenant experience) it really worked well for the partner in my business that does sales and marketing. However, we decided to go with a competitor because of the lack of financials for accounting purposes.

Pros

The ease of use and alerting features. I demoed 6 property management softwares and avail was the most modern and easy to use. I setup the software with no heavy learning curve very quickly.

Cons

While the software excels on the front end (tenants, payments, dashboards) the financial aspects are very limiting. If they made it to be an all-inclusive software to run multiple properties from the business owner side, investor side, and tax side, it would be a top-tier product.

Response from Avail

Hi Christian,

Furthermore, I did want to also sincerely apologize for any issues that you might be running into in terms of the platform not being as fluid as you'd have hoped from a reporting perspective. We always strive to provide users with the as excellent of an experience as possible, and it sounds like this was not the case in your instance. We're making a lot of exciting changes, but in order to keep us humble and make sure we're moving the product in the right direction, I'd love to learn a little bit more about what you think we could improve.

William

New Landlord

Reviewed on 2017/08/01

Property management with excellent communication.

Property management with excellent communication.

Pros

Keeps track of everything and communicates effectively with both tenant and landlord. I am new, but with this software I am very confident that I am doing it right.

Cons

Some tenants may feel that the payment due date reminders are a little aggressive. For example, two notices are sent in advance of each month's rent payment. Probably not a bad idea but I think that I would be annoyed if I were on the receiving end.

Response from Avail

Hi William,

Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers. Thank you so much for the thoughtful feedback included within your product review. Believe me when I say that this is something we definitely take to heart as we try to improve our product and provide an experience that users will grow to love for years to come.

As for the tenant notifications, I do sincerely apologize for any hassle this may have created. Many landlords have noted that rent reminders aren't sent enough which is why we do send those before the due date, but I totally understand how it could be frustrating.

We're currently working on a few product automations and updates so to make the on-boarding process even more intuitive. Reviews like yours are central to exploring how we can make things better. If you have any questions or need help within your account, let me know. My email is [email protected], and I'm here as a resource for you.

Robert Bates

Amanda
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Needs some work ok ease of use but good concept

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

It’s ok. Not the best, not the worst. Wish the ease of modifying existing properties would be better.

Pros

The tracking of rental payments, and ability to discontinue payments if proceeding with eviction, charge automatic late fees, or stop accepting payments after lease end.

Cons

It is very cumbersome to make modifications to an existing rental such as a lease renewal. The deposits to the landlords account take way too long to process and only with a paid subscription do they go faster. I was sold on this feature and upgraded my subscription only to find out the enhancement had not been made yet.

Response from Avail

Hi Amanda,

Thank you so much for the honest review -- and I do sincerely apologize that your experience concluded with you feeling as though it wasn't worth it. We've tried to do our best to competitively price our features given that it is a one-stop-shop for everything and we do have different tiers. Still, if there were issues with payments that could lead to a not so great experience which we totally understand.

I've personally noted your feedback. That said, if you could email me ([email protected]) with a little bit of info, I'd love to see if there's a way we could rectify the situation. I'll also relay this feedback to my product team as well.

Again, I can't thank you enough for your feedback and I do apologize again if we've missed the mark. On behalf of my team, thank you so much for choosing Avail and I hope to hear from you soon.

kevin

Very good product with Great support

Reviewed on 2019/09/01

small landlord rental software that is so cost effective we cant afford not to use it- centralized records, of maintenance and payments, leases , and tenants .

Pros

ease of use, price and most of all superb customer support

Cons

Wish it had accounting integration or add on.

Response from Avail

Hi Kevin,

My name is Robert and a Community Manager here at Avail. I just wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user (and thank you so much for taking the time to write such an honest review)!

We are thrilled to hear that you're finding the platform easy to use, that the price works well for you and that you had such a good experience with our CS team. This said we are working to provide further in-app tools to hopefully make things a bit more manageable from an accounting standpoint. While I can say that this is on our future roadmap, I don't yet have an exact date.

Jade

Tech issues - needs work

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Pros

I like the idea of it. Everything in one place. Listing, applications, communication management, payments.

Cons

I consistently have tech issues with it. Whether the program automatically archives an application that I haven’t reviewed or emails tenants when I elected to not have automatic emails sent to them. Support needs to respond faster as well.

Response from Avail

Hi Jade,

Robert here I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. Furthermore, I wanted to apologize for any difficulty you've experienced using your account.

As you've noted, we are making a lot of changes to the platform (all exciting updates that members have asked for), but with those changes, we realize that it can definitely cause some confusion, and can lead to a not so great experience.

I'd love to hear more about the tech issues you're experiencing (both the archiving of the applications and the tenant emails being sent), and most importantly, would love to know what you'd like to see changed so that Avail can become a product you'd recommend to others. Please email me ([email protected]), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled.

taghi

Avail review

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Pros

We like the software easy to use and the limited feature help in gathering information

Cons

It very limited and can't track utilities, taxes or insurance on this platform.

Response from Avail

Taghi,

Thank you so much for the constructive feedback. A review like yours makes it possible for us to make the necessary improvements on our end; my email is [email protected]; in addition to any platform-related questions you still might have, I'd love to learn more about some of the other features you'd like to see. Please feel free to include any other constructive feedback you might have so we can continue to make Avail a platform that you and other rental owners will love for years to come.

Again, I can't thank you enough for your time, and I would love to learn more. My email is [email protected] -- feel free to email me with any further feedback you might have. On behalf of my team, thank you so so much for choosing Avail!

Reggie

Stop Looking

Reviewed on 2022/07/07

Pros

The pros are it’s a one stop shop. You can do your background checks, credit checks, rent analysis, post the availability of your property, all in one place. I like the ability to look at each property independently which you can see statuses.

Cons

I haven’t come across anything I don’t like yet!

Response from Avail

Thank you so much for the kind review of Avail! We are so happy to have you as a part of our community. We love to hear you've had a great experience with the product, and even more so that everything checks out in terms of meeting your rental management needs. Once again, thank you so much for the kind words and the detailed feedback! Please feel free to reach out if there's anything else we can help out with.

Kindest regards,

Kevin
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Dishonesty Use of Personal Information

Reviewed on 2019/11/02

All it takes is one dishonest act to steer me away from a company. After reading reviews of Avail, I decided to try using it for one of my properties. I have a Google number that I use for business because I do not want business calls on my personal phone. When I placed my first ad for a property, I received the message about not being able to prove my identity with a VOIP number. I absolutely understand this. So, I went ahead and entered my personal number to prove my identity. I was given the usual “We will not share your number with…bla bla bla.” Just imagine how infuriated I was when I learned that my personal number was now part of my public ad on Zillow, Hot pads etc. This is unacceptable.

Pros

Looked very useful at first. Did not have enough time to evaluate.

Cons

Misuse of personal information. Dishonesty.

Response from Avail

Hi Kevin,

Robert here. I'm one of Avail's Community Managers, and I wanted to follow-up to say thank you for being a valued Avail user. Furthermore, I wanted to apologize for any difficulty you've experienced using your account.

As you've noted, we do require a real phone number in order to verify the user account. Still, I do sincerely apologize if it wasn't made clear that a different company contact number can be entered within your account settings; once that company number has been entered, that is the number that is syndicated to the partner listing sets.

I'd love to hear more about the issue that you ran into. Please email me ([email protected]), and we can get a follow-up call scheduled.

christopher

Avail Software

Reviewed on 2023/02/07

Because of the difficulty in generating a simple lease renewal I had renters leave through frustration.

Pros

Easly tracks and maintains income processing and late fee notifcations with reminders sent to renters in a timely manner

Cons

Very cumbersome to generate a lease and very very difficult to understand the functioning of the software in general.

Response from Avail

Hi Christopher! Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate any feedback from our users. Your feedback on the lease-generation experience is really important to us; please know that I've shared it with our product team.

We'd never want renters to leave due to the difficulty of using a feature. If you'd like to share more about your experience, please send us a direct message or get in touch with our customer care team at avail.co/contact.

Thanks again for your time, and for being an Avail user!

- Brittany M.

Patrick
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

New property manager

Reviewed on 2022/06/02

Very Good

Very Good

Pros

So far it great... there is a learning curve like any other program

Cons

I recommend a video ICON in the sections of user's input areas providing a pop-up to video view allowing the user stay on page and ease of use. 2nd I wish I could create customize URL. 3rd Wish I code generate a HTML code allowing to put on my other websites direction to landing page for the property.

Response from Avail

Patrick, thank you so much for the kind review of Avail. We are so happy to have you as a part of our community. We love to hear you've had a great experience with the product, and even more so that our rockstar support team was able to assist when you had additional questions you had as you were getting started. I also want to offer an apology for any shortcomings of ours, or additional features we don't yet offer. While I can't promise that these additional changes will be made, I will definitely be sure to share your feedback with our product team. This kind of review definitely goes a long way in terms of building an even better experience. Once again, thank you so much for the kind words and the detailed feedback! Please feel free to reach out if there's anything else we can help out with.

Kind regards,