Socrates Learning Platform Reviews

5/5 (11 reviews)
Cindy P.

Kids Love It!

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

My overall experience has been good. I feel that it has been a good review program in math and language arts for the kids. I love that I can monitor their progress and reassign skills that they need to work on.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that the kids love going on it. The kids are learning math and language arts but then get rewarded with games, cards, etc. It is a win, win situation.

Cons

There isn't much that I didn't like about the software. It does seem like they play games a lot, but it can be controlled, so it's not much of a problem.

Michelle G.

Socrates is Always Growing and Changing

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Our experience with Socrates has been great and I love that Socrates is always willing to adapt and change the software to make it fit the needs of elementary students and teachers.

Pros

I love the benchmarking feature! It is really helpful to teachers to be able to benchmark students in an untimed, computer scored manner :)

Cons

I would like to see the software include a reteaching feature, like when a student answers a question wrong, it will reteach or teach them the skill.

Kristy K.

Socrates Ease

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

The students can access this program at home and they are learning as they turn to this program rather than a video game at home and hopefully this will happen more and more. They love competing with their peers for the most tickets & medals. Each day they want to see who received the most tickets, so it is up on the board every morning and the winner gets to turn their card to purple (which is an "I went above and beyond" token).

Pros

What I like most about Socrates is that the students love it and it keeps them engaged. They love the challenge of working towards tickets. They use their whiteboards on the math questions and this keeps their minds going.

Cons

Maybe a little less game time, work more problems before playing. The questions are fun for the students so a lot of game time is not necessary.

Angelica B.

Great for Instructional Support

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Pros

My students LOVE to solve math problems and earn tokens to play the games. They have so much fun that they don't even realize they're "learning" while they play.

Cons

The initial log-in page is very busy and I've been told by parents before that they are confused and unable to help their child because they don't know what to click on to begin the program.

Regina W.

Socrates Software Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Pros

I love that this program makes my students excited to learn! They are eager to progress through the questions and play the games.

Cons

I currently have no reservations regarding this software.

Kristi R.

Popular learning game.

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/03/22

Socrates has been easy to use and our personal service has been great!

Pros

High interest level for my students. They love the games. All students are able to use it independently.

Cons

The students can earn the rewards too easily and need more of a challenge before being rewarded and being able to play games.

7.0/10
Shanna T.

Very engaging for students!

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/03/23

Overall, Socrates is a great addition to my student's educational experience!

Pros

I like that my students are excited to get on Socrates and practice their reading and math lessons. The parents of my students love getting the parent reports weekly!

Cons

I haven't found anything that I don't like so far!

Mariah M.

Socrates_Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Great to use in my classroom as a treat or brain break in my classroom.

Pros

The software was very easy to learn and implement in my classroom. When an issue did arise, the customer support "chat" was very to use and they were very responsive and friendly!

Cons

The software is very fun for the students, but it is very easy just play and not much learning, when some students realize they can just guess randomly until they get it right to continue playing the games.

Stan B.

A New Approach to Tech Supported Learning

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Pros

I like the fact that it is intuitive. It actually is able to isolate strengths and weaknesses which is ideal for differentiation.

I also love their customer support.

Cons

It is new and therefore not complete. I am looking forward to their progress.

Dawnetta I.

Socrates for kids

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

My students absolutely loved learning through Socrates.

Pros

My students LOVED Socrates and I loved their excitement to use it while building skills.

Cons

I wish we had more class time to apply to Socrates.

Francesca W.

New kid on the block

Reviewed on 2019/01/06

Pros

I've heard about Socrates and just used it once but I wanna continue using it with my elementary school classes. I liked the engine that adjusts the content to match the learning needs of every student -in a very individual way.

Cons

I haven't notice anything negative until now.

Response from Education Revolution

Thank you for your review. If you would like to continue to use the software, please contact me and we will get you setup to continue to use it in your classorom