Showing 106 reviews of 92

ReservationKey

Reservation management for the lodging industry

Showing 106 reviews of 92
Charla T.

So glad we signed on

Reviewed on 2020/11/29

I can truly say that our company growth was due, in large part, to implementing Reservation Key. I was originally a "One Woman Show" trying to keep on top of reservations, Guest Emails, Payments, Website Updates, etc. We adopted RK when we had 3 units. Today, our company has 22 units, and several staff members. Having access to this technology at such an easy Monthly Price and Easy Learning Curve meant that I could scale the business, and have more free time (and less frustration). Without RK, I would have easily been burnout once I hit 5 properties, and we would have never had the opportunity to provide employment to so many great people.

I speak at Industry Events and "Have you considered ReservationKey?" seems to be a frequent piece of advice that I am giving attendees as they explain their personal frustration with choosing between Reservation Spreadsheets or Over-Priced Software.

I know ... it sounds like too glowing of a review. I've used the ReservationKey since 2009. When any company over-delivers by as much as ReservationKey as over-delivered, it shouldn't be surprising that they have overly happy users willing to write long-winded online reviews. But if you don't believe that I am a real person, and a real user, just track us down on Google. Our Company is "Rockies Rentals". We are based in Canmore Alberta Canada. My name is Charla.

Pros

Great Customer Service -- really responsive, and personable.
The Built In Website, and Payments.
Auto Scheduled Emails.
No Contracts; No Set Up Fees.
A great price -- well worth the fee even just for someone with one unit, or a small inn.
Ease of use.
Having Multiple Users.
The Mobile Version -- I have easily been taking reservations from a hammock at the beach just on my Smart Phone.

Cons

Because the software is made for a myriad of Hospitality Services Providers (Hotels, Campgrounds, BnBs, Vacation Rentals), it's hard to provide the right thing to a diverse group of users. That being said, the User Forum was amazing! If we encountered a quirk that worked well for a Hotel User, but not-quite-right for our needs, there would always be another helpful User who knew how to accomplish what we needed with just a few little User Tweaks. The entire User Forum was full of happy, generous users who were keen to share their ideas and help others.

Laurie M.

Reservation Key lodging management software

Reviewed on 2021/01/07

Since using Reservation Key our business has increased and customers say it is easy to book.

Pros

Our RV parking, tent camping, bus glamping, and lodging rooms all have different pricing, cleaning fees, and check-in info and Reservation Key handles it all. The auto-responders are awesome and can be modified to fit each rental. Customers can easily pay through the links and emails provided.

I LOVE how the software looks on our website and it is easy for customers to book.

It is a robust system and has more features than we currently know how to use. We look forward to making time to learn more.

Cons

Learning the system did not feel very intuitive. However, between the amazing customer service and training videos available it was just a matter of time.

Ron L.

Best Bang for your Buck

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

We have been using ReservationKey for 8 years now and would give it an overall rating of 9.8
We have been very pleased with its functionality and capability and for our needs it has been a very cost effective solution. We would highly recommend giving this try.

Pros

Easy to initially set up
Simple to use and menus make sense for the most part
Lots of capability for the money
Very cost effective when compared to other products/services
Integrates well and simply into our web site
Integrates with Tripadvisor so you don't need to use an OTA
Support is responsive when an issue has popped up
RK is constantly working on improvements and upgrades

Cons

There are a few reports which could be added or improved
The gift certificate function could be updated and provide more ability to customize

Pamela W.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great partner for our business

Reviewed on 2019/06/14

We are a small, family-owned, unique property with a loyal clientele. I spent several years searching for reservation software. Nothing was a good match for us. We found ReservationKey through a guest whose daughter was an innkeeper. We have a loyal customer since 2012.

Pros

As a former technology teacher, I appreciate representatives expertise with all the complexities when dealing with software and how to integrate with so many moving parts. He and his team are very customer friendly and responsive. representative is always open to new ideas and works hard to keep improving his software to meet customer’s needs and changes in the market.
ReservationKey is very customizable. It is easy to make large or small tweaks to one’s reservation page or pricing without having to pay a programmer. While this may seem like a little thing, one of our needs was the ability to mark a reservation as ‘Do Not Move.’ Our loyal customers request their favorite units and trust that we will not disappoint. This need confused other software vendors, while ReservationKey had an easy-to-use solution. I see representative working out similar solutions for other businesses’ unique needs.
ReservationKey has many add-ons. The list of reports is extensive and are extremely helpful when making business decisions. I find the User’s Forum useful, not only for the software but also for new business ideas. The software is easy to use and offers many built-in training tools for new staff.
I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to try to run our business without ReservationKey.

Cons

Not many. I struggle with some of the overall financial reports and find it easier to build what I need in Excel. However, that may be more a function of how I work rather than a problem with ReservationKey.

Jim H.

Suggested by Innkeeping friends

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Having used pencil and paper for our small motel for over twenty years Reservation Key allows us to offer guests the chance to book or view available rooms online and cuts out a ton of telephone calls.

Pros

We have used for several years, price is reasonable and it does what I need. Prior to using Reservation Key we used pencil and paper and took reservations by telephone (many years) wife isn't a computer person. Reservation Key allows our guests to book online and does a good job in my view. I check the RK forum often for new ideas and my education.

Cons

At the moment I can't think of any negatives, does what we need. I see others comments about minor differences in money totals, having worked with a database in a prior job, well every bit of software seems to round a bit differently.

Jim S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Easy to use & cost effective

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Fast support and great forum allow anyone to get quick and easy solutions for any lodging establishment without having to hire tech staff. It's all included with ReservationKey

Pros

As the former IT Director for a billion dollar retailer I appreciate that with ReservationKey anyone can afford a well designed, easy to understand reservation system. It is so flexible it can meet the needs of any lodging establishment, small or large

Cons

There is nothing I don't like except that the interface with expedia isn't done yet.

Response from ReservationKey

Expedia integration is high on our list. Also booking.com. These are the two channels we see our clients connecting to the most so we are putting a high priority on building these direct connections.

Thank you for your support and for being a long time subscriber.

Marlene E.

Great Value for a small B & B

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

The cost for value is great, as is customer service. I am very pleased with this product. Rep is great.

Pros

The customer support from rep is fabulous. There is always a quick reply and the problem is addressed or fixed. The system is reliable and is easy to read quickly in terms of availability etc. The reports generated are helpful.

Cons

The 2 areas I would like to make additions to are: 1 - adding a pre-tax total line on the reservation form and 2, the setting up new payment schedules. I don't do the second option often, so it is likely "old brain" issues.

Patrick C.

I Love It!

Reviewed on 2019/02/14

ReservationKey very reliably runs my business for me. Well, almost. I guess I do a little, but it's so easy it's like having a full time staff helping me.

Pros

Reservation does everything I need it to do, and a lot more. The ReservationKey staff are very responsive, both to technical support questions and to requests for product enhancements. Almost every month there's some new feature added, often something I never even thought of, but once it becomes available, I can't do without it!

Cons

I'm happy! No cons. ....................

Anne B.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great software system for small properties

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

I love this system. It is perfect for small properties and has all of the features we need but we are not paying a huge monthly fee for things we would never use

Pros

-we can tie our three properties together so we can see all three in different locations
-completely web-based so we can carry it with us on vacation
-links to other businesses in town that use the system so we can see availability to refer
-exceptional pricing
-support has always been exceptional

Cons

-sometimes the system repopulates rooms as available after cancellation but once it happens you just check
-sometimes in the AM, i think central is upgrading and we do not have access to the system for a time

Mare P.

8 year happy customer

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

Marketing to my customer history base has been easy and we've promoted our property every year. Our high season guests always need reminders and this software is easy to set up to accomplish that mission.

Pros

Cslendar ease of use, including drag and drop! Email templates, auto sending for payments, confirmations and followups.
Just the best software I've used continuously for the lifetime of my Inn.

Cons

Almost too many options, to be able to learn. But the ease of "on the fly setup" makes the learning easy

Response from ReservationKey

Thank you so much!

Julie B.

Great Vacation Home Management Software Program

Reviewed on 2018/10/04

We have been using ReservationKey for several year and not had any problems with the software. There is always quick response on all questions that have came up. I would recommend this program to anyone.

Pros

The thing that I like the most about ReservationKey is how easy it is to use. It is simple to use but has options to personalize to what best works for our company.

Cons

I like everything about this software.

Response from ReservationKey

Thank you! We have tried to develop a fairly sophisticated product, but one that continues to be easy to use and learn.

Robert S.

It's the best I've found

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

I am a former Webervations client. This system is far superior. I search for alternatives every year and have always found this to be the best.

Pros

Response emails are automatic. Easy to cash out clients and add extras. Easy to customize.

Cons

I would like the ability to send formatted text messages to clients directly from the software

Response from ReservationKey

Thanks for the nice comments.

We have considered adding a module to be able to send text messages from the system. This may be an option we add in the future.

Juergen R.

nice reservation system

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

Pros

Has most things you need. very individual to set up, lots of nice features. includes booking engine, automatic emails, connection to channel manager...

Cons

just 1 thing missing: for bookings where more than 1 invoice needed (ex. touroperator orders and pay for room - guest pay for food and extras) you have to add 2 bookings and hide 1 of them. Would be nice when you can create 2 or more accounts in 1 booking.

Mark T.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

A+ software and great support

Reviewed on 2018/09/29

100 stars, CSR is awesome. We have been with them since 2009. Save alot of money and never look back. It is worth 10 times the price.

Pros

I love the online booking, discounts is shows, the owner reports, and so much more.
There is not one thing that we do not like about it.

Cons

There isn't a thing that I would change. They are continuing to add more features as technology changes.

Response from ReservationKey

Thank you so much! And thank you for being a long time user.

Ileana R.

Excellent software

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

I have solved the calendar of my properties and my website with online reservations.

Pros

It is very easy to use and Customer support is always there when one needs it

Cons

needs to modify small details to make it more useful to have vacation rentals and it would be great if the website is in Spanish and English

Vikki W.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Superb service snd easy to use program

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Keeps my reservations online so potential guests can book 24 hours a day and don't need to contact me

Pros

Easy to set up
Easy to change data
Top of the line customer service
Good customer forum

Cons

Nothing i like everything about this program

Fabiana C.

I can not live without it !!!

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

Pros

EASY TO USE. FROM PHONE OR COMPUTER . NOT EXPENSIVE

Cons

I LOVE RESERVATION KEY . I DON T SEE ANYTHING BAD TO TELL YOU

Rebecca M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Quality and time saving software!

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Very simple, well designed and easy to train software. Helps to stay focused on my hotel verses having to multitask.

Pros

Was able to complete several tasks within one software. No more commissions to third party vendors.

Cons

Nothing but the fact I wish we would have started using a long time ago. Definitely a game changer.

Daryl ann K.

I love Reservation Key!

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

I love knowing that the online interface is up to date. I love being able to check just who canceled. I love that it saves everything even when I forget. I love that it connects to channel managers and Square. Did I mention that I love Reservation Key?

Pros

First, this software is easy enough that an old Great Granny like me can do it. That in itself is a huge plus. Admittedly, it gives me an opportunity to learn and grow (senior brain plasticity is a good thing)! However, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his staff are ALWAYS timely in answering questions. The Forum provides quick answers from Customer Support and gives suggestions in one spot. The Forum is one of my favorite places to head when I have trouble. The videos also show just how to set things up.
On a very personal level, I know that team lead developed this software and has remained at the helm of the business. Dealing with the owner directly is a huge plus. I feel like a well-loved family member rather than a business customer. What incredible customer service!

I also love the housekeeping reports. Those keep us clean and take the confusion out of running multiple reservations.

This year we added RV Sites and Hunting to our facility. Customer Support help was timely and generous. We've used Reservation Key for at least 10 years if my (admittedly elderly) brain serves me correctly. I would not think of changing! Thank you, Reservation Key, for being part of our lives and business!

Cons

This software goes above and beyond my expectations. So grateful!

Pelin U.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great automation for multiple online room reservation channels

Reviewed on 2020/11/26

RezervationKey is making a great job for us by unifying the management of all sales channels at one place, that would be pretty good if they were adding local sales channels day by day and helps us to expand our marketing channels with more local online channels that are specific to each country.

Pros

ReservationKey is compatible with website builders such as Wix and Squarespace -which is a great aspect from my view point- so that enables to create commision-free sales channels as well as unifying all online booking platforms that we are present in one single and lean management panel where we can update anything such as availability, change features, add new room types etc and ReservationKey reflects any update to all booking channels that we are integrated to.

Cons

Although ReservationKey is great in covering the global reservation platforms it is weak to have integrations to the online booking platforms that are specific to each country. It would be the most powerful solution for us if it was helping us increasing our sales in local markets through local sales channels.

Natalie C.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great company, reasonable price, good support

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Good experience. Cannot talk to a person if having problems but they do respond promptly to email

Pros

Reasonable price, ease of using once set up. Responds to email promptly. Does have a area for recent problems and how to solve

Cons

set up or changes can be stressful for persons that are not tech literate. Not able to talk to a person if you have questions.