MaintainX Reviews

MaintainX

Mobile-first computerized maintenance management system

4.8/5 (84 reviews)
Matt B.

Fantastic for our needs

Reviewed on 2019/08/31

We operate an escape room business which naturally suffers from a lot of wear and tear. As we grow we were looking for a solution to manage and document our maintenance tasks rather than the very imprecise strategy of just fixing it when it breaks.

I looked at several software packages but MaintainX stood out as the most intuitive and appropriate for our needs. In addition to maintenance tasks we now use it for logging all ad-hoc tasks that are assigned to our team, whether that is administration or even just reminders.

Our full team are fully on board with the system and use it daily. It provides an easy to read oversight of all the tasks that are in the pipeline, their status and priority. The feature I find most useful, though in itself it's a small thing, is the display of user avatars next to a task they are assigned to.

There are several functions (assets, requestors, forms) that we're not currently using as they are surplus to requirements but it's great that there is the potential to expand the role that the system plays further in the future.

Pros

MaintainX is a fantastic piece of software, especially when you consider that the free package contains a huge amount of functionality.

It feels modern and streamlined and works well across all devices. My team have all become active users of the platform with no issues.

The support team is incredibly responsive and very happy to help.

The main view, especially on desktop, packs in a large amount of information but remains easy to read and understand. There is a full change log visible for work orders and the software is very easy to use for all staff, some of whom are less IT savvy than others.

Cons

The pricing structure is quite restrictive. The free version of the software contains all the essentials but there are some great 'nice to haves' in the Pro package. I was put off Pro by the very high subscription costs, especially compared to the alternative of free software. I would be much more happy to pay a subscription fee that is somewhere in the middle and doesn't give all the features of Pro but is an upgrade on free.

There is no ability to 'recycle bin' work orders, once a work order is archived it is irretrievable without contacting support.

The desktop login feels clunky as it needs to be done via a code sent by SMS.

David H.

Better Than Any Other Work Order Software or Mobile App

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

We are a full scale IT department and we have been able to respond more quickly to our end users needs. It has allowed us to be more focused on customer service and time management. MaintainX has also allowed us the ability to be able to enter work orders on the fly so we do not forget to take care of something. I have not worked with any other software or app that has given us this type of functionality with so much ease and value for the price.

Pros

The ease of functionality in creating work orders for myself, staff and end users. The ability to easily create repeating work orders for backup and preventative maintenance items. The reporting dashboard is really nice and allows me to see a well rounded view of where we stand. I think I most enjoy how fast the app notifies me of a new request and status updates.

Cons

I would like to see the ability to have work orders created based on known email addresses as well.

Mike M.

A CMMS that fits in you pocket.

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

Working with the rep and the guys at MaintainX had been great! They have designed a system that does not need a 500 page manual and are readily available if you have a question or an suggestion. I've seen main of my suggestions implemented in the matter of a few days. They are doing a fantastic job developing this application.

Pros

MaintainX is very easy to set up and use. Other systems are impossible to setup without outside help but not MaintainX.
It is scalable and they are adding new features on a weekly basis.
Everyone has real-time updates on work orders so you al ways know the status.

Cons

Lack of inventory capability but I'm assured it is coming.

Clayton L.

Awesome software

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

MaintainX is a great software! they communicate with you and they want you input on things. we use this software on a day to day basis for our jobs and it works very well this is a great program all around. good Job guys!!! thanks you for making my life easier.

Pros

we love the fact that we are able to create individual work orders, also that we can see witch tech is on witch job with the in progress and that we can put it in the done column once the tech has finish the job. we also love the fact that when a service calls come in everyone is up to date on what is going on. also the fact that we can communicate on this software is great!! it is also awesome that we can leave notes of the job for others to read on each work order.

Cons

there is not much to least like on this software. the only thing i can think of is i would love to see another column for parts on order. once the tech has seen the job it would be great if we could put it in a parts on order status in a column away for the TO DO. i think that is a huge thing because i have some techs that get stress out when they see too much to do in that list so if there would be a 3rd column that would be great.

Tom C.

Efficient and Easy to Use Product

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Very Good. I have been able to track PMs more easily.

Pros

The ability to use on devices is great for mobility. The interface is clean and uncomplicated, yet is deep and offers many options for me to save data for later use. It is quite intuitive compared to the last CMMS we were using.

Cons

Honestly not much. If anything it might be there is less focus on desktop, which is fine with me. There are some in our organization which is better for them to send me work requests. Of course this may already exist and I just haven't gotten that far yet!

Roberto C.

MANUFACTURING ADAPTION

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

It is really usefull and needs some improvements

Pros

The software is super friendly and easy to use. A real tool that you can use to manage the jobs in the shop.

Cons

I would like, raw materials inventory, customer data base, suppliers data base and the posibility to set the priority of levels from 1 to 10, so the operator finishes the highest level but knows what is the next right after.

Pam G.

GREAT COMMUNICATION TOOL

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

This has absolutely changed the way that we handle our work orders. It is great for communicating with other employees that are out in the field - it allows them to keep working and not have to take time out of their day to come pick up paper work orders. This also prevents lost text message that take up time from everyone's day to find out if it was received or not. Ugh! This app alerts our people when there are work orders that have not been done yet so there is no overlooking work to be done! I think it is great that I can go in and update a work order - the job changes alot of time and it is easy to just go in and edit and send it back out. Things are so much easier for us since we have been using this app and I can't imagine going back to the old way of handling the workload.

Pros

What I like most about this software: (1) how easy it is to use (2) the ability that we have to track our work orders and (3) I can create a work order to be done a few days from now and it will send out a reminder

Cons

I do not know of any cons at this point -- but I guess if I had to pick one, I would say that it doesn't cook for me.

Bruno F.

Best Maintenance App

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

Maintainx has been very helpful with any questions we have. They have always responded promptly.

When looking for an app which allows our small maintenance team to stay organized and communicate, we struggled to find something that was user friendly or not overly complicated.

MaintainX is by far the best app for our needs. It is so simple to use, yet it has all the features your team would need.

Pros

Easy to use. User friendly.

The chat feature within the app is great for keeping communication open.

Cons

None to be honest. It suited our needs perfectly

Scott B.

Outstanding Software

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Pros

MaintainX offers an easy to use, logical, mobile friendly app. Our mechanics and drivers use it to report issues and document fixes. Reporting is available and the product is fairly priced.

Cons

The team added reporting functionality, which is helpful but I would like to see additional options offered.

Evalina L.

Makes our work life easy

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Its great that the team hears my suggestions and concerns and they either recommend a different way to do it or work to implement the change we suggested.

Pros

It's great that all our work order information is in one place. It's also an easy way to invoice without making the mistake of double invoicing and if a client has a question I just jump on the work order provide pictures or information client requested and done. Our clients have trust in us that the work is getting done and I have the trust with MaintainX that my communication with the field team is clear on each work order. We also like the calendar feature so we know what is happening for the day, week, month, quarter etc.

Cons

No cons for us. We like the product and if we had any issues the MaintainX was always there to fix, suggest, or implement.

Anne C.

Excellent for tracking maintenance requests from multiple users

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

I enjoy the app and it is a great product. Problem is just getting other employees to use it.

Pros

The software allows users to send me a request so I can respond immediately if needed.

Cons

The software is great. I just have had trouble getting buy in from all facilities. I will keep at them to use for requesting service.

Norm H.

MaintainX Not Just for Commercial Industry

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

I've told these guys they should participate in the annual The Church Network Conference. I believe they could develop many potential users. We toyed with OneNote, Excel, Dude Solutions, eSpace (specifically designed for churches), and a couple more. This is the APP that was simple enough for my facility team and they actually use it!
We really haven't looked back. As we grow and need to add more users, then the pricing-by-user could become an issue. They did offer a non-profit discount that was very reasonable.

Pros

My team is willing to use it.
Pretty simple user interface (UI).
Plenty of features.
Well thought out.

Cons

Pricing per user.
WEB based on a PC, not a separate app. (This can actually be a PRO for some)

Donny J.

Great, easy to use program for your team!

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

My experience overall has been extremely positive. I was looking at MaintainX as a solution to solve auditing and record keeping for my maintenance department, and it was the perfect option.

Pros

I most liked the ease of use, the user friendly UI, the cost, and the customer service.

Cons

I feel it is unnecessarily difficult to edit certain aspects of work order (for example, if you added the wrong form template, I was unable to just delete that template out of the work order and add a new one. I had to archive and redo the entire work order).

Lisa H.

Finally the App That Has Everything I Have Been Looking For!

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

This app is very user friendly and does everything I want it to. The items most important to me: (1) I am finally able to organize the maintenance tasks I assign, and see the status of each at a moment's glance and (2) I can categorize by project type or location or anything I can dream of, and the multiple tags I can apply per work order make it easy to sort and organize.

Pros

* Ease of Use
* Unlimited work orders
* Unlimited categories

Cons

* I wish I could order the priorities within in priority type. (Example, if I have 10 high priority items, I'd like to be able to sort within those high priority items--e.g., #1 high priority, #2 high priority, #3 high priority.)

Colin G.

Keep up the good work!

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

Pros

Simple to use but organized and concise.
Chose this product because the free version allows me to get notified when a work order has been submitted.
I do maintenance for an academy and college and am the main maintenance guy but I have three people who can assign me jobs. This program allows all of them to create work orders for me where I can see them in an organized and clear manner.

Cons

Instead of having to “archive” work orders, I wish simply marking them “done” would clear them from my queue.

Justin P.

This software is amazing

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Tracking what empolys are doing as well as how often we work on assets.

Pros

The ease of use with this software has been great. Being able to track work accross our facilities has made day to day operations run smoother and kept managment in constant contact with whats going on. The process to enter a work order is so easy we have our staff of over 400 set up as requestors.

Cons

Not having a password option, and having to use 2 factor logins has been a struggle for some of our older staff members.

Very happy with the functionality of the app

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

I would like to compare it very close to other hotel property management apps. The most popular one in NYC being Alice with the functionality of a chat and the options to @ a dept in the chat. If this app had that maybe it would take it to another level.

Pros

I like that I can attach photos. Typically assigning a task to another department is not easy unless you are present to show what needs to get done.

Cons

Sometimes it froze up on me when uploading a photo task could just be my phone could be the upload was slow.

7.0/10
Travis C.

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

Pros

I love the fact how we where able to go from paper to paperless. The ease of searching for work orders is a HUGE plus. The ease for the team to use in the field on multiple devices is a great plus as well.

Cons

The one thing I dislike about the app is that when work orders are closed they still.appear in closed orders for my team. I would.love to see the option to archive these while still be searchable.

Deanna C.

Huge asset for multi-property hotel group

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

It has taken a lot of coordination off of my plate and allowed a simple method of communication from the line-level staff to completion of repairs and needs. Well worth it!

Pros

Ease of use. The functionality is seamless for users in different departments and properties to communicate and coordinate. A task can be created and assigned to maintenance, who can then assign it to the ordering department when they identify parts needed, reassigned to maintenance when the parts arrive, then assigned to housekeeping for final clean and completion of the task. Also easy to customize to meet our specific needs.

Cons

There were a couple misses that we found when first using the software. For example, you couldn't filter tasks by property. That said, when we raised it with the MaintainX team they added it almost immediately!

Brent T.

Zero to organized in 6 mos

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

MaintainX has pretty well streamlined all the aspects of our fleet repair and maintenance programs. When I took this position in Feb. 2019 there was no fleet maintenance or repair programs, procedures or protocol. We were only responding and putting out "fires". With help from MaintainX I was able to put together successful work flows and implement a fleet program we are now entering month 6 and still loving it.

Pros

user friendly interface, easy to use. The neatness of the work order PDF exports is very professional. Ability to build asset profiles and share with all users.

Cons

I feel that there could be some improvement with reporting and sharing.

Michael M.

Very Easy To Use Work Order System

Reviewed on 2019/09/07

Our overall experience with MaintainX has been great. They have great customer support, a very easy to set-up system, and the system very easy for users to learn and use.

Pros

MaintainX is very user friendly. It allows users to create work orders and requesters to create work request with very little training. Users and requesters can also include pictures in work orders or work request.

Cons

No way to put in or track parts information and inventory.

Christina K.

Great for following the process

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Its a great way to monitor within the company what is getting done when and by who. It is also a great tool to use for audits if you need to prove that mainteance is being done accounted for.

Its a generally good resource for accountability and communication

Pros

That everyone has access to it across the company from their phones or on their desktop.
It helps that their are so many categories and sections to optionally fill out in order to differentiate tasks

Cons

Seeing the done vs to do work orders doesn't always show the work orders clearly.

Juan carlos G.

Game Changer

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

Overall, We are very happy with the results we have gotten from the App. There is room for growth and improvement and the developers are sensitive to client needs and respond accordingly.

Pros

I love the ease of implementation and the flexibility of the app.

Cons

At first, I did not like the search features, but they addressed that. The only draw back I see now is that I cannot create teams within my client base.

Chris B.

Great simple to use product

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Pros

The ease that it can be used and updated on a daily basis. I love the pictures and diagrams that can be added. Also like the real time reports of when my employees start and complete jobs giving me an idea of their productivity.

Cons

The reports don't seem to help much and I feel I should be able to customize them myself.

Terry C.

A view from a managers perspective

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

Our team works to accomplish 400 jobs per day and we are integrating all of our systems onto this platform in stages. The company has been very easy to work with, and always professional and precise.
I am optimistic when the reporting side is up and running this will be our long term solution to CMMS operations.

Pros

Very user friendly - the ease of use for the end user is done very well.
Short learning curve for end users
The contact folks are always very receptive, and gracious taking the time necessary to help us with issues.

Cons

The high end administrator and management tools are in development. Not very robust at this time, but the company has been very open to improvements and implementation of changes.

7.0/10