MaintainX

Manage Maintenance and Operations. Without the Paper Stacks.

4,4
4,9
Tom R.
Industry: Building Materials

Very Satisfied

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

I've now had several meetings with our maintenance team. We have completed our first weekly's and will we are in progress with our first departments monthly PM's. The software is everything that I was lead to expect and more. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been incredibly resourceful, responsive and helpful. It's always nice to make a decision after testing 15 solutions (felt like 1000) and feel confident that you've made the correct decision. I feel that way right now and wanted to share. We still have some setup to go - I'm taking the walk before run approach with the guys but this is slick. I'm looking forward to the partnership.

Pros

The seamless transition between the desktop and the mobile app make this a really nice solution. The reporting, filtering and scheduling abilities of the work orders is really nice and easy to use.

Cons

So far the only cons were identified at selection and were so minor they didn't prohibit me from selecting the solution. Little things like work orders have a really slick ability to save filters but reporting and the mobile app do not have it. It's not a huge deal since mobile users can filter to themselves and see only what they need to but it would be helpful if they could save encompassing filters such as specific departments and weekly vs monthly vs annually.

Karl L.
Industry: Real Estate

CHANGES EVERYTHING FOR THE BETTER + MORE MONEY

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

Fantastic! Everyone from the team ive spoken with is great. And the product is fantastic.

Pros

Perfect with a couple of Adjustments (personally) for my unique property management business. I have more time for my family and work, my clients are happy seeing the results easily with the use of the PDF features. And I am making more money as a result. CHOOSE THEM YOU CANT GO WRONG.

Cons

I had to make some adjustments to the way I do things, which isn't a bad thing. Only improvement I can currently think of is to make it easier to send PDF's to "clients" rather than "vendors" as it would suit my needs better.

Tom C.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Efficient and Easy to Use Product

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Very Good. I have been able to track PMs more easily.

Pros

The ability to use on devices is great for mobility. The interface is clean and uncomplicated, yet is deep and offers many options for me to save data for later use. It is quite intuitive compared to the last CMMS we were using.

Cons

Honestly not much. If anything it might be there is less focus on desktop, which is fine with me. There are some in our organization which is better for them to send me work requests. Of course this may already exist and I just haven't gotten that far yet!

Christopher W.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

MaintainX checks the boxes for my maintenance needs!

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

I oversee Property and Fleet maintenance for a small rehabilitation company that sets up clients in supported living environments. When I came into the position, there was no process for staff to submit these requests, so they would fly in by all sorts of methods: texts, emails, calls, quick shout-outs, etc. It was a mess without a method to keep communication organized. The previous person in my position would just scribble a jumble of notes to try and remember everything. After researching a few potential apps, I knew that I wanted the process to be as simple as possible for our staff. When there's a maintenance issue: 1) Take a photo (which often describes the issue in more detail than our staff thinks to do); 2) Briefly describe the issue; 3)Hit send. I also appreciate being able to reference the specific work order within the app to ask follow up questions and to let the requester know when the work order is done. MaintainX checks the boxes for my maintenance needs!

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use of the app for both myself and our staff in submitting work order requests. 1) Take a photo; 2) Briefly describe the issue; 3) Hit send.

Cons

I had a bit of an issue trying to get some of our staff to adopt the new process of using an app to submit work order requests - even though it couldn't be any easier. By old (inefficient) habits, they still wanted to text, email, call, shout-out, etc when there was an issue. As much as I tried to encourage them to use the app in these instances, I couldn't ignore their requests - which just further conditioned them to head in the wrong direction. After mentioning this issue and asking for a "Requester tab" to be available when creating a new work order, the MaintainX team worked to build this suggestion into their software (shout-out to Hugo!). Now I have the secret weapon to gently nudge our staff to learn the ease and benefits of using the MaintainX app!

Jason A.

Awesome Maintenance Software

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

MaintainX is an amazing tool to have. I have had issues with other similar software and have found that getting staff onboard with this type of software to be very difficult. When I first introduced this software, my staff was completely against it, but as soon as they saw how easy it was and what communication improvements came from this software they jumped in and have not stopped using it.

Pros

I have been searching for a good maintenance software for a long time. When I came across MaintainX I was a bit skeptical, but quickly found that it was the right software for me and the company I work for. As soon as I signed up for the free trial, I was greeted with an email from their staff, and to my surprise, when I had a question I was responded to immediately.

Cons

The only down fall to this software is that I have quite a few staff members that will be requestors, but they do not speak English well and it would be best if there were a translator option from Spanish to English and vice versa, but I have been informed by the staff that they are working on that part of the software now. I hope that this comes quickly as it would ease the pain of trying to improve communication with some of my staff.

Clayton L.
Industry: Machinery

Awesome software

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

MaintainX is a great software! they communicate with you and they want you input on things. we use this software on a day to day basis for our jobs and it works very well this is a great program all around. good Job guys!!! thanks you for making my life easier.

Pros

we love the fact that we are able to create individual work orders, also that we can see witch tech is on witch job with the in progress and that we can put it in the done column once the tech has finish the job. we also love the fact that when a service calls come in everyone is up to date on what is going on. also the fact that we can communicate on this software is great!! it is also awesome that we can leave notes of the job for others to read on each work order.

Cons

there is not much to least like on this software. the only thing i can think of is i would love to see another column for parts on order. once the tech has seen the job it would be great if we could put it in a parts on order status in a column away for the TO DO. i think that is a huge thing because i have some techs that get stress out when they see too much to do in that list so if there would be a 3rd column that would be great.

Norm H.
Industry: Religious Institutions

MaintainX Does it Well and Easily

Reviewed on 2020/12/18

We love it and use it regularly.

Pros

We tried several other facility software apps. I had a hard tie getting my team to use them regularly because of the complexity of working within the app. When we tested MaintainX, it was really easy and relatively simple to use - user interface and all. And my facility manager really likes it.

Cons

As a church, we're always looking for ways to save money. We have limited the number of users, but have quite a few "requestor only" staff members. This keeps our costs down a little bit. Although not as expensive as the others we looked at, It would be nice if the prioce point could be a little lower for non-profits.

Donny J.
Industry: Hospitality

Great, easy to use program for your team!

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

My experience overall has been extremely positive. I was looking at MaintainX as a solution to solve auditing and record keeping for my maintenance department, and it was the perfect option.

Pros

I most liked the ease of use, the user friendly UI, the cost, and the customer service.

Cons

I feel it is unnecessarily difficult to edit certain aspects of work order (for example, if you added the wrong form template, I was unable to just delete that template out of the work order and add a new one. I had to archive and redo the entire work order).

Matt B.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Huge amount of functionality

Reviewed on 2020/09/06

Huge amount of functionality!! Incredibly useful tool for managing our maintenance and general tasks. Although designed for repairs and maintenance we also use it to assign administrative jobs to members of staff or teams. MaintainX gives us a full overview of what is outstanding, who is working on what and the status of every task!

Pros

Great features even in the free plan and even better in the premium
Very responsive team
New features constantly being added
Easy to setup and use

Cons

Mobile OTP as only login method
Premium plan not particularly flexible - a middle step between free and premium would be great as it's a large amount of money

Chris B.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Great simple to use product

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Pros

The ease that it can be used and updated on a daily basis. I love the pictures and diagrams that can be added. Also like the real time reports of when my employees start and complete jobs giving me an idea of their productivity.

Cons

The reports don't seem to help much and I feel I should be able to customize them myself.

Julie S.
Industry: Real Estate

Small company - manage one property

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Perfect for our small operation. Own/Manage 100 units. Has made it easy for me to keep track of what is and isn't getting done.

Pros

The product is easy to use. Have a new young maintenance employee and had trouble with follow through and tracking and remembering work orders. Easily can send work orders to his phone and track the progress in office.

Cons

Haven't really found a downside. It does what we need

Charles H.
Industry: Financial Services

God Provides

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/02/08

As stated above, MaintainX's support is top-notch... They have a very responsive team knowledgeable with their product.

Pros

This software/app is very user friendly. Anyone regardless of computer skills should easily be able to use MaintainX.
Within minutes I have set up multiple reoccurring maintenance work-orders.

Cons

I have found some deficiencies/lack of features however, the support team is very responsive and appreciates the feedback. One recent addition I would love to see implemented is being able to sort work-orders by assigned worker and priority level.

Aaron O.
Industry: Food Production

easy to use software with excellent support

Reviewed on 2020/12/29

i will keep using it and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a maintenance software... it works well and has excellent support when you run into a jam and need help...

it also has a built in parts inventory system and a reporting feature that you can see charts and graphs.

Pros

interface is user friendly
support and service is always there
sends emails when parts reach below a minimum quantity
ability to export reporting documents

Cons

i have no cons for the software anything i have not liked or thought they could of improved on they listened and took action and sent it to their engineers for review. some of the ideas they took action and corrected so its nice to see a company actually do something with the feedback they received.

Daun S.
Industry: Facilities Services

Great Maintenance Software

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

Has bee great any time i have a question the MaintainX team is will to meet my schedule to get it answered

Pros

how fast I was able to get it up and running

Cons

the only thing i would change is the PDF export

John B.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Well made work order system

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

Im a building chief engineer and we have a very wide variety of work throughout the building. I've used many other work order systems (webTMA, LMN, serviceAutopilot,etc...) and this is probably one of my favorite apps. This app is just too easy to use. The customer service is unlike any other I've seen. If you have a question or an issue they are there to help almost immediately. They listen to users needs and update the app. I don't see us using any other work order system.

Pros

Very simple layout. Easy to set up the work order and it's just as easy for your team to use in the field. App allows for communication within the team and within each work order.

Cons

Harder to track materials used than done other apps I've used in the past.

Nathan A.
Industry: Environmental Services

Super easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

Pros

Adding pictures is a great feature, along with leaving notes and assigning due dates, team members, and such.

Cons

I wish I could add an address easily to the area that needs service. Printing out in a pdf changes the format in a way I don’t like.

Marc D.
Industry: Performing Arts

Great!!!

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

We saved a lot of paper, ink, time and i don't need to remind my staff to do their task. Very useful.

Pros

The notification of our daily task is very helpful.

Cons

Cannot add a user using e-mails only. Some of my staff they don't want to share their phone number.

Jonathan P.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Easy to use, nice flow.. minor issues.

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/05/20

I really like the program thus far. Looking forward to potentially subscribing.

Pros

The overall simplicity of the program is very nice. Everything flows pretty well.

Cons

The application does not allow for multiple assets to be used in a single work request, expanding this would be beneficial. Also, in a work request, having the ability to click on the location and being brought to a map would be nice.

Max H.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

MaintainX Review

Reviewed on 2020/02/27

Pros

It is easy to get started, easy to understand, and you can add work orders without having to be at a computer.

Cons

It took me a while to find out how to search for previous work orders using the filters and search tools.

Riley K.
Industry: Automotive

Great Software

Reviewed on 2020/03/02

Been very easy to use since day 1

Pros

I enjoy how easy the software is to use and how basic it is for anyone to be able to pick it up.

Cons

Can't add multiple locations or assets to specific tickets

Tim D.
Industry: Construction

Great Software

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

This program allows to retrieve information concerning work order, so then I can create a invoice based off information from maintainx

Pros

That all users can access the work order from there cell phones and can upload photos and group chats.

Cons

That you have to log in on the desktop computer with either a text to phone or email. Wish it would remember with google passwords.

Gerald H.
Industry: Automotive
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Best Software Ever

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

I work for a carwash chain that I cover 68 locations and this app makes it so much better for me and my team to control and know what is going on at the locations. I highly recommend this software for any one who has multiply sites and or team members they deal with.

Pros

First the great support that comes with the software.
The ease of the use of the software.

Cons

It keeps you busy all the time. ( Which is not a bad thing)

Lonnie F.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Improvement not really cons

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

Really like the overall easy of the app and the ability to orgainize and see a list of items

Pros

The cons are just things that would be helpful to me

Cons

May want more information on locations? Address, City, State, Zip, phone, location contact person, and number. Ability to sort by location. Cost of work order completion for future orders.

Tina C.

RCHL

Reviewed on 2020/03/02

Tracking

Pros

Accountability and reporting .

Cons

Everyone not being able to view all tickets

Response from MaintainX

Hi Tina,
We are really sorry to hear that you haven't had a fantastic experience with our product to date.
As far as everyone not being able to view all tickets, that is a setting that your Manager has put in place on the permissions side to restrict the visibility of sensitive information to certain folks on your team. We followed up with him and concluded that the restrictions were intentional and working as desired.
If you are having issues viewing Work Orders that you believe you should have access to, please feel free to reach out to your MaintainX Administrator or our support team and we would be happy to assist you.

We really appreciate customer feedback and want to make sure our customers have a 5 star experience every time.

Please feel free to reach out to a member of our team if there is anything we can do to help clarify any other issues.

Thanks,

Team MaintainX

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Kimberly S.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great for tracking maintenance activities with varying degrees of detail.

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/09/18

My husband is a maintenance technician for a major hotel chain. They use an app to assign and close out tasks for the maintenance engineers. That gave me the idea to search for one for home use. We love maintaining out house. My husband like this app more than the one at work. I've recommended it to friends who struggle with their "to-do" lists. I get notified when my husband completes tasks and I have tasks assigned to myself as well :)

Pros

I like that I can quickly enter tasks, assign people and most importantly deadlines and priorities.

Cons

I could probably use MORE notifications about outstanding tasks.