Hotel Effectiveness

Labor management software for hotels

4,8
4,8
4,6
4,7
4,7
Tammi S.

HE is Great!!!

Reviewed on 2019/05/08

We are solving hotel labor issues using HE. It is giving Global a better picture of how our labor costs are impacting us. The reports assist us in knowing clearly where we can make adjustments. It also assists in monitoring labor costs for budget purposes.

Pros

I love the ease of functionality with this software. Everything is right at your hands.

Cons

There is not anything that I dislike about this software... If something exists I have not located it.

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you for using Hotel Effectiveness and giving us an awesome rating. Great customers like you keep us striving to be the best.

Pam P.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great tool for labor effectiveness

Reviewed on 2019/05/12

Pros

The ease with which it is to use it. The system is self explanatory and finding specific details you may need is a piece of cake.

Cons

At first it may be difficult to find specific things but once you spend a bit of time on it - everything is there.

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you for taking the time to send us a favorable review! Your comments are appreciated and lets us know we are making Hotel Effectiveness a better place for our users.

Robert O.

HE review

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

I use it everyday to help the hotel find areas where we need help and where we overspend

Pros

I like the mobile aspect it makes it easy for employees to see their updated schedule whenever I update it

Cons

I dont like the fact that it times out quickly. I also would like to see it integrate with other apps as well.

• Industry: Hospitality

Hotel Effectivness makes labor management easy!

Reviewed on 2019/05/04

It is significantly easier to manage labor, labor costs, and problomatic employees. It is also an easy way to offer praise to employees that and finishing quickly. I can see the issues on the computer and then further investigate or have a one-on-one to see why somebody is struggling to make a very reasonable time. This answers a lot of questions that we could never answer at a previous hotel.

Pros

I use this to track housekeepers daily time as well as productivity. In the morning I enter their assigned rooms to clean and can see an expected end time which helps monitor productivity during the day. I can plan my day out better when I know how long it will take to finish at the max. I can also see customized times for special cleaning projects and factor that in, in the morning. In the afternoon I fill out another option which is their actual cleans, the work that was completed. This assists in making sure every room sold the night before was either cleaned or serviced. This aligns with our time clock machine so the next day I can track how quickly or how slowly each housekeeper worked. I can see if they finished an hour ahead of time or if they milked the clock and stayed longer than it would take to do the amount of work they actually completed. I am also able to see the budgeted hours for that day or week as well as each employee (as well as department) average time per room. There is another formula built in for supervisors, managers, laundry, etc. All of the people whos jobs cannot be seen on paper but more so their efforts and time on the clock. It is very easy to follow and fill out each day. I also have a daily check in where I review the prior day and can add notes about why we were over or under in hours so that my manager and even the owners can see the trends.

Cons

There are really no downsides to the software IF you are trained on all of the options. When I first began I was taught on the fly by somebody who did not understand it too well. I was only using about 15% of the capabilities the website has to offer. Once an upper manager came in to train me on it I caught on within an hour and was able to maximize my experience.

Micah S.

Helpful Tools

Reviewed on 2019/05/04

Pros

Hotel Effectiveness has a number of very helpful tools that help track the productivity of your employees versus revenue goals/budget that you have set for your business. I also love the overtime tracker that makes it easy to keep an eye on potential extra expenses.

Cons

I don't dislike any of the software as of yet but I'm still exploring all of it's capabilities.

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

We love seeing comments from a great customer like you! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your opinions help make Hotel Effectiveness even better.

Monica S.

Love it !!!!

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

A great tool to hold everyone accountable managers and associates included.

Pros

The ability to send each associate their own schedules and communicate the reasons for accepting time off and not accepting.

Cons

Not able to add multiple job codes for communication for schedule what happens is if someone has two job codes then we cannot email or text info to them.

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you for taking time to leave a review! Your experience using Hotel Effectiveness means a lot to us and your recommendations to make our product better is always taken into consideration.

Tim C.

Efficient, Easy to Use, Easy to Monitor

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Watching labor hours is very easy, and benefits the company (less overtime) as well as the employee (even amount of hours for all on slower weeks). More accurate accounting, by being able to "code" hours to different departments. For example, housekeepers help maintenance paint one week, it is very simple to re-code the department for those hours worked.

Pros

Overtime alerts, planned hour reports, very easy to use. When certain employees are having attendance issues, it takes less than 2 minutes to print out their time sheet.

Cons

I wish we were able to export our company budget to load up on Hotel Effectiveness, I feel like some of the more advanced features are not easy to set-up (minor complaint!).

Anna F.

Wonderful Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Loved when they added the linen change and room types in.

Pros

How easy it is to use. And how easy it makes my day by doing all the hard work of assigning rooms and floors each day. The features are endless.

Cons

Not much to say. It always works great for me!

Anthony B.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

My opinion of Hotel Effectiveness

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Pros

I would have to say the one thing I like about this software is the ease to navigate through the program.

Cons

I wish there was an app to load on our phone

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

We have an app! It was recently launched in the Apple (IOS) app store and will be live in the Android store soon. Please install it and let us know what you think!

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad that overall you are happy with us.

Alvin D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

very easy and helpful to use

Reviewed on 2019/05/04

able to keep my labor down and adjust it through out the week. It really helps me to better manage my labor.

Pros

It helps me keep on track and lets me no if I needs to adjust more or less to stay on track.I

Cons

I can"t down load it to my phone(or don't know how)

Jerry E.

Labor Control

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

Customer service is top notch, they will respond quickly to your needs and issues.

Pros

Simple guide that assists department managers to complete their department schedules. Daily labor check that monitors previous days results and includes a week to date total of consumed hours; including an approaching overtime report.

Cons

There is nothing regarding this software that is not to like, simple to use.

Dave G.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Best Product for Hotel Labor Management

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

It allows us to control labor and know exactly where we are at in our most controllable expense.

Pros

It makes scheduling based on forecast easy and only requires a couple-minute review each day to see where we are at.

Cons

Its power is in the integrations and therefore if the integrations are not functioning the value of the product is diminished.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Keep your hotel labor in line!

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

Great for scheduling, keeping labor in line.

Pros

Helps with keeping labor in line for my hotel.

Cons

Needs better integration with our payroll system when an employee is in multiple positions.

Seberina H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

wacth over housekeeping hours and in rooms

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

if someone late or no call or show up for work

Pros

everything help learn more about keep on keep

Cons

nothing,I like this software and help me out a lot with target of this ladies or gentlemen

John F.

it is a good software

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

Pros

it is easy to use. it has many features to help you

Cons

nothing it works well and is easy to use

Rebecca M.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great Sofeware for Scheduling and Time Clocks!

Reviewed on 2019/05/05

Easy to use and great customer service!

Pros

Very easy to check employee times and adjust if needed.

Cons

The absence monitor can be incorrect due to people switching shifts.

Pankaj T.

Feedback

Reviewed on 2020/02/17

Pros

User Friendly, training program is the best

Cons

Customer service can be better and faster

Ashley J.

Very Effective Program

Reviewed on 2019/05/13

Pros

Managing and being able to control labor

Cons

This is a great program. I do not have any negative feedback.

Mandy E.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Good for labor scheduling and reduction of overtime

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Helps cut down on overtime

Pros

Produces reports that are very effective in many areas...

Cons

It doesnt take certain things into account..

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you for the thoughtful review! We are glad that you have seen overtime savings as a result of our product. Most hotels also find savings in contract labor and scheduling inefficiencies, all of which can add up to a big boost in operating profit.

As you know, our standards are fully configurable, so you can take into account any business driver or rule that you like in order to build your labor plans and schedule templates. Let us know if we can help you with this setup process!

Rachael B.

Integration and Ease of Use

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

Hotel Effectiveness should be called Hotel Efficiency as the information we input from the Night Audit Entry to the Scheduler, to the Gameday to the 5 minute Daily Labor Check In keep our managers from manually calculating minutes and allows them time to do other tasks. Companies who are not using this software are really missing the boat and causing unnecessary work in a world where CPOR rules the day. We have this software integrated with our proprietary back office software and it is amazing to see everything in one place, for someone like me who is over 11 properties. We have recommended this to other hotel ownership groups and will continue to do so.

Pros

Hotel Effectiveness is able to integrate with a variety of software; this has allowed my company to seamlessly view labor without having to log in to a time clock server and run reports. We are able to train our team members from Night Audit to General Managers in one day on how to navigate the system. Labor monitoring a simple RED/GREEN System (truly does not get any easier than that). The training provided on-line is an added benefit to those who may want to get to know the system further. We use the entire suite and have had no issues when we onboard new properties/ team members to our company.

Cons

If I had to pick one item it's the salaried team members (who clock in and out) auto flow against the labor plans. We called support and were shown a work around.

Liz W.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Hotel Effectiveness Review

Overall pretty good.

Pros

Overall, the system is fairly simple to use. I love the "assume user" feature as this has helped troubleshoot user questions. I have not had to use technical support, which is always a good thing. They layout is fairly simple.

Cons

In time and attendance, it would be beneficial to be able to search an employee instead of having to select from a long list. I use the control F function to locate the employees, but it would be easier if the system allowed for it. The system seems to work most effectively with Chrome (which I love), but Internet Explorer users have a difficult time using it. Customizable reports are a bit complex to build, this could be simpler.

Response from Hotel Effectiveness Solutions

Thank you for the thoughtful review! We are happy that you have found the tool easy to use, and if you ever need any advanced assistance, do not hesitate to ask.

Employee Search is part of the core labor management system. You can find it in the Employee Explorer (look under the Employees menu). You are correct that employee search is not part of our current Time & Attendance functionality, but we will add this to our development list. Thank you for the suggestion!

Our system works very well in the more recent versions of the major browser applications. For Internet Explorer, users should use IE 10.0 or later for full support - older versions are no longer supported by Microsoft and are not recommended for our users.

Pamela C.

Hotel Effectiveness Rocks

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

I can't thank this company enough for their fast, efficient, pleasant customer service. I adore the entire team - their service and attitude is impeccable!!

The product produces labor, ACA, punch, revenue, audit, housekeeping, plus many more reports. Having several hotels - I am able to compare data and identify inconsistencies in a breeze.

Pros

The product is easy to use; it offers online training and Q & As. The data is valuable to the hotel operations and easy to pull. The canned reports are invaluable!

Cons

Completely satisfied - we have no desire to search for other options!!

Tim M.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

They are responsive when I have questions and were willing to add functionality for us. Easy to train to team members and drive profits.

Pros

The ease of use and ways to find any areas where we are over spending in labor, immediately.

Cons

At this point there is not anything I do not like about the product

Anil P.

Great Hospitality Analytical Tool

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

Labor Savings,

Pros

Daily Labor Analysis, Daily, MTD and YTD Revenue Analysis, Effective tool to manage labor hours, Effective tool to reward employees in meeting target minutes

Cons

Reporting need more work, need additional reports to assist in decision making

Hufriz P.

Hotel Effectiveness

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

It is a very effective tool to monitor labor hours with the forecasted and budgeted hours.

Pros

Ease of calculation of scheduled man hours and planning for labor wins

Cons

The screen where we input shifts for an associate does not reflect the budgeted hours for that group of users