Humi Reviews

Humi

Human resources, payroll & benefits administration solution

4.6/5 (12 reviews)
Susan R.

Humi is a game changer

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

very good

Pros

The first thing you notice when you get onto Humi is how clean the design is. Wow Wow Wow. Usually my employees have trouble navigating softwares, but with Humi, my employees have become very independent. They just launched the Humi Go App which allows them to request Time-Off, and see their balances on their phone. No more email exchanges or paper forms for this gal!
It was hard to find a Canadian company that did everything I needed until I found Humi. Whether it was just storing employee data, running payroll, or even administering benefits, they handled it all. Its nice to have one point of source for all your internal employee needs. There is so much in the system its hard to get into everything but some of the best features are; the document center (where you can upload, edit and send out documents for signature, customized to each employee), onboarding (digitally on-board new hires to the company where they can sign contracts, fill out personal details, and access their own employee platform), and time-off (easily set up leave types and track leave for all employees). Their integrated Payroll is the icing on the cake. It really reduced the errors we had from transferring our changes to our old clunky payroll system (ADP).
The buying process was very quick and simple. We had a couple demos to showcase the platform and then we had the pricing conversation. Price is per employee and on a month to month basis and they didn't charge us for implementation which was superb.

Cons

There were a couple things they do not have that would be helpful. We currently have a couple hourly employees, and they don't have a clock in/clock out system. However we use the additional fields section to track these.

Hugh K.

Humi - couldn’t do HR without it!

Reviewed on 2019/03/04

Pros

My experience with Humi so far has been seamless and enjoyable. We’re a 20 person software startup in the process of doubling our headcount over the next 8 months, so we were looking for something easy to use, but with enough features to support us while we scale. It was important to us that our new employees be impressed with the onboarding flow, since this is their first impression of our company, and this was one of the things that impressed me about Humi the most. The experience for new employees onboarding to the Humi system (and our company) is very sleek. Overall the sales process was quick and easy - some other companies weren’t as efficient and didn’t get straight to the point. And the process of learning the software was easy - I was reassured that I would have a dedicated onboarding specialist, and they did reach out, but I opted to teach myself how to use the system instead. I was able to figure out basically everything on my own, and just had a few final questions for their team before launching the software internally. So far, the response of our existing team has been great. They’ve all started using it to request time off already, and we’re going to start to dabble with the performance and recruiting module very soon. I’ve likely only set up and configured 50% of the full depth of features that are in this product. Excited to explore more.

Cons

I did find one UX issue while creating an approval flow for a time off policy, but that’s to be expected in such a big product. From what I can tell there are hundreds of features. I’ll update my review should I encounter anything else. I also wish the Slack integration had more functionality.

Easily track payroll information and vacations!

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/03/09

Humi has completely cut down the admin we used to do when tracking payroll or vacations.

Pros

My current company is using Humi to track payroll and vacation information all in one place. It has replaced the need for spreadsheets and emails back and forth. One part that is great is that past employees can still login to update their address information - we used to have to chase people's updated information when tax season came along. Everything is self-managed for users which is the best part. It also helps to have an approval system when tracking vacations that can be approved by a direct manager. It will also tell employees how many vacation days they have left which used to be a frequent question in our organization.

Cons

I was on customer support when no one was available so it asked me to schedule a meeting at a later time. When the meeting came around, no one was available.

Colleen D.

Extremely disappointing

Reviewed on 2018/03/10

Zero

Pros

Has fairly good basic HRIS functionality, easy to set up and use with a good price point. Company was very responsive during the sales process.

Cons

Looking for efficiencies in our HR processes and had specific needs - we were promised that all needs could be met and that they would customize to do so. This was an outright lie - if your needs are on their 'roadmap' then all is good, but basic timesheet functionality (which we required) was not important enough for them to customize. Their "implementation" is free but basically non-existent - you do all the work (which we were ok with but others might not be). They responded quickly to our initial concerns and it went to Sr. Mgmt as soon as I called them out for lying in the sales process, but the response from their Co Founder was completely insincere in his promises to fix the situation and in fact, after waiting almost 6 weeks for him to follow up, he blamed me for not reminding him and actually said "Should you have sent me an email in the past two months, I would have been happy to live up to my promise in helping to align Humi with your needs" my response to him was a detailed list of all the times we had tried to get resolution in that time period. telling me "I'm extremely disappointed in our team for the experience you've had, as well as our response to your concerns...." and asking if he could have until the next day to resolve.

0.0/10
Mike M.

Humi is a breath of fresh air

Reviewed on 2017/06/14

HR headaches gone - and the price is right!

Pros

I didn't realize how painful HR was until Humi came along and removed all the headaches. As a business owner, it's fantastic to have a cloud-based, delightful, solution to manage all my employees. So thankful to be out of word, google sheets and the antiquated world of PDFs!

Cons

Applicant tracking is still being built out. I'm very much looking forward to switching from our existing solution to Humi's but some functionality is still missing here. I'm told, however, a major update is on it's way!

Jamie M.

SaaS HRIS at its best. Effortless setup, great customer support.

Reviewed on 2017/06/14

All the employee information in my company, always updated and available in the cloud.

Pros

The thing I like most about the software is how easy it was to set up and roll out to our organization. I was able to do our company setup and send out links to our entire team to fill out their information in about 20 minutes.

Their pricing model makes it super easy to trial the application and to drive value from it before Humi tries to charge you for the results.

All of the employees in our company who use the app find big value from it.

Cons

The app is still in the early days. As they build out new functionality, they need to make it discoverable for users like me.

Tiffany K.

Excellent service, accommodating and helpful staff

Reviewed on 2017/06/14

Storing all HR items in one place and electronica.

Pros

I thoroughly enjoy the tracking system for earned vacation time. Uploading documents is clean and simple

Cons

my least favorite item about HUMI is the delay time it takes to see product development changes. Some items have taken more than a month.

Damien V.

Amazing, powerful and simple to use HR management software

Reviewed on 2017/06/15

Less time spending managing HR and more time growing the team.

Pros

Powerful, simple and free. Perfect tool to manage a growing organization without the complexity of other software on the market

Cons

I wish there was a link to payroll but I heard it is coming in the next few months. They also need to include the management of global offices such as Europe.

Amel M.

HR CRM

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/07/17

The support team is amazing and they always ask for feedback.

Pros

We were looking for a solution to manage our HR department, the guy from Humi was very helpful and resourceful .
I know that this software can be a game-changer in our business.
Easy tracking of every one evolution in the team, easily signed the paperwork, you can make a survey for each member.

Cons

Since I was on free trial it wasn't easy to see all the features.
You really need to set everything to see how it works.

Response from Humi

Hey Amel! Thanks for the review and for the feedback regarding the free trial experience. We'll make sure to consider this in future builds. Have a great day. :)

Tyler H.

Humi is like Advil for HR. It takes away the headache of dealing with it as we scale.

Reviewed on 2017/06/14

HR without the headaches.

Pros

I like that it's a repository of employee information. As we grow it's increasingly important for me to be able to dive into Humi to check out employee time-off, phone numbers, birthdays, etc.

Nicole L.

Locked in

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/07/28

We evaluated them as part of a search for an HRIS

Pros

Some good features for a smaller firm that doesn’t have anything in place - would be an improvement.

Cons

Having to be tied in with a benefits broker relationship as part of the pricing and access

Response from Humi

Hi Nicole! Thanks for your feedback. As for your concern about being locked in, that's the opposite of how we want you to feel. Humi customers have two options: they can either go the benefits route by making Humi their broker, or they can pay the no-contract monthly fee.

If you have any questions or want to clear up the confusion, feel free to email us at [email protected]

- Kloe from Humi

5.0/10
Bonnie P.

Easy to implement and use

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2017/06/16

Pros

I like the Overall information that is available and can be entered for future review. I also like the analytics and reporting.

Cons

Finding some information isn't intuitive as to where it is located, i have had to ask a few times where to find things, but the response has been incredibly quick. Also looking forward to a payroll feature being added.