Spark Chart Reviews

Spark Chart

Survey software for business consultants and leaders

4.8/5 (41 reviews)
Dylan F.

Very powerful survey tool. Fast, responsive service. Innovative approach

Reviewed on 2019/05/13

We have used Spark Chart for a variety of survey needs from gaining feedback from our customers about the services we have delivered (Spark Chart works like a dream for this) to running organisational climate surveys for our clients (very powerful and easy to set up the way we want). We have received very high response rates and our clients are very satisfied with the quality of the results.

Spark chart is very flexible - every aspect of the survey is customisable from the written content seen by respondents to the ways in which they can access surveys (anonymously or named). And it is still easy to use. I have launched simple surveys in just a few minutes and more complex surveys in an hour or two. Spark Chart also generates high-quality, shareable reports that clearly present the data. It is also regularly updated with new innovations and features.

Pros

Spark chart is a very flexible survey system. Every aspect of the survey is customisable - from the written content seen by respondents to the ways in which they can access surveys (anonymously or named). And, even with all these features, it is still easy to use. I have launched simple surveys in just a few minutes and more complex surveys in an hour or two. The system does most of the work for you. Spark Chart also generates high-quality, shareable reports that clearly visualise the data. Spark Chart is regularly updated with new innovations and features.

Cons

All my experiences have been good and the data reporting is excellent. The one thing I am looking forward to is even more complex reporting features that are in development and will be released soon (so, not really a 'con'!).

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for the great feedback Dylan. We appreciate it.

Great tool with great development trajectory

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

I am happy with SparkChart, as it helped me transition from paper to online in all my surveys. Would love it to conquer the likes of Menti...but this may not be the purpose of it.

Pros

I like the reliability and flexibility of the tool. I can do all my training survey work with it and it does so in a great way. Analysis of results is easy and straightforward. What really keeps me in the tool is the frequent improvement of the service. The people who run it listen to their users and have greatly improved the usability of the software. It's also stable as a rock. I love how I frequently get the message 'this is what is new since your last use' when I log in. Thanks guys for believing in your product and keeping it fresh!

Cons

Usability is still an issue for me. Some design decisions are just strange. why do I still have to look every time for the way to create a link to give my people? Why do I manually have to generate a link for the survey to hand out? Things have improved, but I still keep looking around for things more than I should.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate it. Please reach out to our support team for some help. It sounds like we may be able to make some things easier for you with a bit of one on one guidance. We are also building a new onboarding process right now. So, your input would be very beneficial. We are available 24 x 7.

Kevin M.

Tried the Free Tools, Glad I Paid for Spark Chart

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Very positive. The end user experience looks great and functions smoothly. The reports save us time on compiling stats and gives us insights. The learning curve isn't real steep but once the customs and design approach are understood it became a simple to use and powerful ally to our survey work.

Pros

Spark Chart's flexibility and features handles our diverse needs. We're a business strategy consulting firm so I need to survey clients workforces from time to time. We've also used it to set up a proprietary tool I designed to assess Fluidity within a company across the company, teams, or departments.

Cons

The learning curve is not as intuitive at first, but over the last couple of years the development team has managed to both add more feature and simplify the end user experience.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your feedback Kevin. We are continuing to work on more features and looking to make them as easy to use as possible.

Abe C.

Everything You Need In An Enterprise Review Tool

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/06/07

My company builds highly customized software for midsize companies, and our software gets used on average by 80-100 people in each company. We had no way of getting feedback after each deployment especially on what users thought of our software features and UX. This all changed after I discovered SparkChart. I can now send surveys to management teams and employees of each one of our customers and gain invaluable feedback.

Pros

The advanced branching logic and user management makes using this tool a breeze. I also love that I can start from a template and customize as I go. SparkChart has become a regular part of my business flow. Not to mention that the support team is top notch.

Cons

The tool can probably take into consideration more custom branding options for its enterprise users. I also had some issues getting my emails to show that they are being sent from my own company v.s. from SparkChart, but eventually got that issue resolved.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks very much Abe. We really appreciate your feedback and review. We are listening to your suggestions.

Jacob T.

Excellent Survey Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

I use it to do surveys for my clients. But you can use it in any case where you want to ask a person or more people about their opinion.

This software is excellent - and the support is far better that anything I ever have experienced. If there is silence - they are improving the product.

Just do it - you wont regret.

Pros

The incredible nice layout both when it comes the backend where you "live" and the graphics you are supposed to present to your audience. Super. Close to my reference in nordic design / japaneese design.

The easy way to share links - both to join / invitate / and see the results.

And up til today - I havent found any important bugs.

It actually works.

Are you doing surveys in english speaking countries - then you have acces to a library of well thought out templates, wich covers alot of common situations.

Cons

There is some kind of a learning curve - as there are with any new tool. It has improved a lot from spring 2019, and I think it is really easy to wrap your head around now.

I have other survey tools that I up until today simply dont use because I cant figure out where to start or where to end. They looks fancy but are hard to get to deliver.

Response from Spark Chart

Jacob, thanks for your very encouraging and positive feedback. We really appreciate your comments. We have some more new features coming in the next week or so. Thanks again.

James B.

Spark Chart is a multi-faceted marketing tool

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

I can determine if a potential client or customer is a fit for my business, based on the answers received.
Spar Chart is part of my digital process to qualify new customers or clients.

Pros

Spark Chart is an easy tool to learn how to use, but very powerful when it is used to uncover information
and share information for your clients or potential clients or customers. It is an excellent tool for surveys and feedback, utilizing it's various templates. I like it because I can create marketing audits for my business.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like a about the software is that there were not a lot of
templates when I initially starting using it over a year ago. I just created my own templates for my
business.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your encouraging feedback James. We appreciate you taking the time. Let us know if you have some specific survey template requirements and we will build some and add them to our library.

A smart survey software!

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Spark Chart fits our needs when it comes to knowing our customers better with surveys.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to create, monitor and share surveys with Spark Chart.
If you're in a need for customers surveys that look polished and smart, go for Spark Chart. It will not disappoint.
The software is comfortable to use with its smooth dashboard. Moreover, the app seems well optimized for robust operation.
The reporting feature allows me to analyze data from responses directly from the dashboard.
Another great feature is that users can easily share surveys on social networks which often goes almost viral.

Cons

It is not user-friendly on mobile but the team has promised that this will get fixed with later updates.
Also, the price could be an issue for smaller companies.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate it. We would like to discuss your comments about mobile user-friendliness. Other user feedback has been very positive about mobile responsiveness. Feel free to contact our Help Center to discuss. Thanks again.

Kyle M.

Simple and Powerful Survey/Market Research Tool @ a Great Price Point

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

My org relies heavily on the survey/market research tools & after vetting out dozens, the decision to go with Spark Chart was the best decision that we could've made.

Pros

Customer service is unbeatable
Features that you'd expect are all there
Features that you wouldn't expect in such a tool are also available that can take the capabilities to the next level.
Then with the pricing as compared to some of the competitors, it's a no brainer.

Cons

Customization options (confirmed they're in queue w/ development). Some small areas are a little restricted on what can be changed but sounds like those options are in the pipe line.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for the feedback Kyle. We are continuing to work hard on many new features.

Gilberto V.

Great professional App for Online Polling Proyects

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

My company provides Professional Public Opinion and political Surveys through polls of all types: face to face residence polls, call center polls and Facebook Polls. Lately with all the bots an d trolls attacking and answering many times Facebook polls, I was forced to eliminate them. Now with Spark Chart, besides the IP address, i have the GPS registering feature for every reply which allows me to audit the participants and protects me from people and machines voting many times. Before I would use the PRO Facebook Polls App with no fraud protection from trolls like Spark Chart offers.

Pros

Ease of Use, Flexibility, One on One 24/7 Customer Service, Double voting GPS checking, price.

Cons

The only issue I had was the lack of some features that are now already in the new developments timetable and others have already been implemented.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your feedback Gilberto. Much appreciated.

A real sleeper

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

Very good and easy to navigate I love the new logic features

Pros

This software is quickly becoming my go to form tool so many features . Updates and powerful features being added regularly keep them comming!

Cons

User interface is not a modern as I would like but ut very easy to navigate. I'm sure they will give it a. Facelift soon

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your encouraging feedback. We appreciate it.

Thet htut O.

Comprehensive Survey Toolset

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

Simply, it is a wonderful app to use to create surveys. The app itself is geared towards business and educational surveys. I cannot use it for simple cases. Sometimes, I need more attractive and clean surveys. Then SparkChart is not a good option.

Pros

The app is clearly the comprehensive powerhouse to create surveys. I can create many kinds of surveys and it serves its purposes well. I can invite participants and review on them after the survey. The most thing I like about this software is it has complete analysis and ready made feature-rich templates.

Cons

The app is hard to navigate around. I had to play some time around to get used to it. The survey templates are feature rich but not very attractive yet. Sparkchart needs better UI and easy navigation.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your review Thet. When you have time we would love to discuss your feedback in our Help Center. It sounds like there are features you may not have seen in your Spark Chart account. I am sure we can help to make sure your surveys are really attractive. We can also discuss your specific feature needs and get your ideas for any improvements.

Survey's with Power

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/06/04

I am very happy with the survey power Spark Chart gives me.
Without these templates I wouldn't know where to find the best in class business surveys, much less how to put them together.

Pros

Sparkchart is the best in class survey software for power users.
It lets you create very sophisticated surveys.

Including
Net Promoter Score Surveys
Aggregate selected rating scale responses into a single chart
Corporate Board Survey
SWOT analysis survey
and more...

In addition they just completed a major UX remodel and the site is getting easier to use by the day.

Cons

The old UX was not great. But it is much better now!

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your feedback and review. we really appreciate your support.

Alan R.

Spark Chart Success

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

Surveying our staff/students and community has never been so easy. This is providing us with documented evidence of requested information that is guiding important school decisions. The ability to create a user friendly survey is capturing a wider audience. Very happy with Spark Chart!

Pros

Ease of use - myself and other staff members with limited IT knowledge have used this software to create staff surveys to guide our schools Professional Learning Plan and many other areas.
Functionality - Plenty state of the art features which allow you to create a user friendly survey and then at the click of a button, it will graph your results.
Play Tour - Provides you with a quick overview of the program in a easy to understand process.

Cons

With such a plethora of options, knowing the best one to use to suit my targeted audience is my only dilemma.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for the review and great feedback Alan. We appreciate you taking the time. If you need help with anything then let us know.We are available 24 x 7.

Ivan C.

Spark Chart packs a lot of power at a reasonable price

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

We signed up for a good deal and have emailed the team a few times about issues and questions. We also get a reliable response and from tech support. The listen and release new features often and that's important in the SAAS world. Continuing to innovate is imperative.

Pros

The ability to schedule and automate review requests.

Cons

There's some features and terminology that are not clear when interpreting the results on an individual and group basis. They've been making improvements.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your review and feedback Ivan. We are continuing to work hard on new features. Feel free to contact us directly with specific features or requirements you need.

Alex C.

Great tool for surveys

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

Spark Chart is a must tool to have to be able to gather information from your customers, and in our case from our clients' customers. This information is key to be able to develop products and services perfectly aligned to solve their problems and satisfy their real needs.

Pros

I like that it is a complete system to create, send, and analyze surveys

Cons

Their UX is not as intuitive as we would like it to be, but we've been told they are working on it so we now improvements coming soon

Response from Spark Chart

Alex, thanks for your great feedback about Spark Chart providing a complete survey system. We hear you about making the UX easier. We recently released a lot of changes to the UX but we also are working on more, including a new onboardng process. Surveys are inherently complex, which creates challenges, particularly with all the powerful features we have added. But we are committed to making everything as easy as possible. In the meantime, we are continuing to work on new fetaures and also providing 24 x 7 support and advice. Thanks again.

A great way how to talk to your customers

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

We improve the brand awareness on behalf of our clients by sending out beautiful customer surveys to recent and long term customers.

Pros

Spark Chart is a great tool for nurturing your existing customers, keeping them happy and engaged for better retention.
We have found out that people love giving feedback if the whole process is easy for them.
And this is exactly where Spark Chart shines - it makes the process of creating and evaluating of feedback and follow up campaigns really straight forward.

Cons

We hope that the promised features will get implemented as fast as possible.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your review and feedback. We are continuing to work on new features as fast as possible.

Leonard C.

Powerful slicing & dicing

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

Pros

SparkChart is the best among the survey platforms I use when I want the ability to slice & dice the survey results - whether for my own analysis or to be purposeful about how I present results to others.

Cons

It's not the prettiest of the survey platforms that I use. It's not bad-looking, it's just not eye-catching. However, that's because SparkChart was made from the ground up to be a powerful survey platform first and then give eye-candy second.

The very pretty platforms are eye-catching but don't offer the same degree of analytical power after collecting results.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your feedback Leonard. We appreciate it.

Sanjay S.

Surveys done easy

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

This helped my organization sort out its priorities on the needs of the customers.

Pros

Spark Chart has tons of templates to begin your survey campaign. It is easy to send out surveys through emails. If your first round of emails do not get a response, you can send out a premade reminder email. Everything has been thought out for you.

Cons

The visuals on the site are minimal since this is designed to get data. My young office staff complain about the simplicity of the website; however, I love how I can get straight to the data. It has a simple layout, which is good for me.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your review Sanjay. Ask your team to get in touch via our help center. It sounds like they may not have seen the powerful filtering and graphical charting options when creating and sharing reports. We can show them how to easily access the features.

Adam F.

No.1 Survey Solution

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

We achieved 3x open rates for our surveys since we switched to SparkChart.

Pros

I have been successfully using SparkChart for several of our clients to get them valuable feedback on their customers.
The surveys look amazing and are also fun to do for the recipients, so the reply rates are much higher than with the traditional email approach.
The app is highly functional yet simple to use even for non-techie people.
Warmly recommended!

Cons

Apart from certain missing features that are on the roadmap, I have no issues with SparkChart.

Response from Spark Chart

We appreciate your feedback Adam. Thanks.

Ian H.

The Only Survey Tool I Use

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

I use this survey tool since year 2017 and love it very much. I already recommend it to few of my friends who are event organizer and they like it too.

Pros

I love the tool because it is very easy to use, and they have many ready-to-use templates library. This save me a lot of time to build a complete new survey project. Their support team is very helpful as well.

Cons

I hope they will develop mobile app for both iOS and Android in near future.

Response from Spark Chart

Ian, thanks for your feedback about the ease of use, the survey templates and our support. We hear your request about a mobile application for managing surveys. Spark Chart is responsive on mobile but we will certainly be looking at a mobile app in the future. In the meantime we are continuing to work on new features with a new release coming very soon. Much appreciated.

Powerful tool for creating surveys

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

We are able to get valuable data from customer by sending surveys to them. The surveys are really easy to create and are also easy to do for the recipients.

Pros

This is the must-have tool for any SMB that is serious about creating and nurturing connections with customers and clients.
Spark Chart provides huge value in getting valuable information from customers to be able to provide more personalized services to them, based on their feedback.

With simple and effective surveys created by Spark Chart, there is a ton of data waiting to be uncovered that would be otherwise unknown.
This data could make or break a marketing campaign, and it will definitely improve the long-term customer value when used wisely.

Cons

There is no direct integration with other tools - namely, email automation.
And, please give us the Android app soon!

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for the feedback and requests.

Troy O.

High quality survey, great value!

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

The Club initiated an annual member survey in 2017 and now extend this to a number of levels across all operations. We have found the team at Spark Chart to be extremely professional and responsive to any queries or suggestions.

Pros

The reporting flexibility is exceptional and provides for valuable survey results which can be used on multiple levels.

Cons

Took a little time to get used to the terminology, but once accustomed the software is very easy to use and customise.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your review and feedback Troy. We really appreciate you taking the time to lave your positive comments.

Russell P.

Spark Chart is Worth Your Time and Attention

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

We use SparkChart in higher ed applications at a community college (ask about education discounts) and it fits the bill nicely.

Pros

Great alternative survey creation/tracking software option.

Cons

This is solid software that keeps improving, but one small complaint: it uses British spelling in the UI and templates. Of course, if that's the worst thing you can say, that's not bad!

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your feedback and review Russell. Sorry about the British spelling of some words. We are Australian and struggle with the s versus z decision. It is something we continue to debate.

Shawn B.

An asset in Consultancy and Social Services

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Sparkchart has great flexibility to be used in health and social services industries. The support provided by the Sparkchart team in survey development and reporting was excellent and has helped me use the full range of the capabilities of the software.

Pros

The personalised control over all aspects of Sparkchart is invaluable. You can customise and brand the surveys, messaging, reporting and analysis across all aspects of the software.

The ease of use by participants on mobile and other devices is a great plus for better response rates.

The live updating of completed surveys and presentation options saves a great deal of time and effort . The final product looks professional and easily lends itself to reporting to clients again saving time and money.

Cons

There's nothing yet that has been a problem.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for the great feedback Shawn.

Peter C.

Very versatile and useful

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

I've been very happy with Spark Chart, and recommend it to others regularly now.

Pros

The options that are available to the user. It's incredibly flexible and versatile.

Cons

I had a major problem with the way the functions were named. The creators of the software continued the theme of sparks and rockets etc throughout the platform and it became really confusing. However, they listened to user feedback and completely overhauled this. The software is so much easier to use now, and simpler to understand.

Response from Spark Chart

Thanks for your review and feedback Peter. We are working hard on new features as well as a new onboarding process. So, there is a lot more planned.