Thomas S.

Splashtop Disappointment

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Sometimes it works, sometimes not so much. I have logged into a customer, rebooted and when the customer opens the splashtop app it goes away and there is no way to log in using splashtop. The video is sketchy and the file transfer works most of the time. Support is clueless and the follow up is very poor. If you need to service your clients in a timely manner, this may not work for you.

Pros

It's very user friendly and allows many features

Cons

Sometimes it is slow, the video quality varies from good to poor.

Kenneth B.

The LogMeIn Alternative

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

We used LogMeIn for years until they almost quadrupled their prices. We looked and found Splashtop. It offered almost all of the same functionality at a fraction of the cost. It was lacking some polish at first but over the years they have greatly improved upon their product. I use it daily to manage the users at my company remotely and I haven't had any issues.

Pros

The cost versus LogMeIn. We pay a fraction of what we were paying with LogMeIn even before their price hike. Also it allows for a lot more client machines at the same price

Cons

It was lacking some polish in the beginning but they have steadily been rolling out new features. They are on par with LogMeIn now.

Ryan N.

If you are using TeamViewer - Switch now!

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

It has been good. I was searching for an alternative to TeamViewer that wasn't going to kill my one-man-company. This lets me manage the few servers I need too without having to pay a ton of cash. The file transfer works great, and the screen sharing is solid. Stays connected for DAYS.

Pros

It works way better than other screen sharing apps I have used. It just works. I also like the cost - compared to teamviewer, it is more reasonably priced and I don't have to fight bugs all the time. It works when you switch to wifi - long time teamviewer bug!

Cons

The only problem I have had (and it was short lived) was that it is easy to close the remote client accidentally. Once you realize it needs to stay running (and don't close the tray icon) - you don't have any problems. I caught this very early on.

Catherine H.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Splashtop Business Pro is a good choice for me

Reviewed on 2020/05/29

I would also like to mention that their Customer Support is excellent. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with their rep, discussing the merits of Splashtop and the various options available. He was thorough and extremely patient. I started with the 7-day trial of Splashtop Business Pro, which they extended for an extra 7 days when I needed more time. I've needed support a couple of times, and they were very responsive.

Another thing I love about the choice I've made is the affordability. Some other services were going to be unjustifiably expensive for me, which led me to the search for an alternative. I don't need to offer 24/7 remote support, since I use it on an "as needed" basis, which fluctuates week by week.

Pros

After a relatively short learning curve, I was able to use this software exactly as required. I offer remote computer and device support to people who are, for the most part, over 75 years old. As such, it can be challenging to guide them through resolving their problem. Being able to offer remote access, is crucial with clients like this, because I can explain as I offer the visual.

The seniors I deal with are easily confused with technology, which made guiding them through installation of the Splashtop Streamer at their end a bit tricky. This was probably the most difficult part of laying the groundwork for helping my clients. So I prepared screenshots of every step of the installation process for myself, which allowed me to guide them through installation one step at a time.

Cons

For the most part, Splashtop Business Access covers all bases for me and is definitely a crucial tool in accomplishing my work.

Even so, there are two things on my "wish list", that would make the experience even better...

1. I would prefer not having to use my telephone to speak to the client, and would really appreciate if Splashtop had an audio component built into it.

2. Many of my clients have only iPads or iPhones and, to my knowledge, Splashtop does not allow for me to offer them remote support from my computer to their device. That possibility would be fantastic!

Jake L.

Great product, easy to configure and deploy.

Reviewed on 2020/12/12

Splashtop Business Access has worked flawlessly for me and I am very happy with the purchase.

Pros

I like the ability to customize and configure a deployment pack and either use a usb or link to deploy. I have not been disconnected or froze at all and there is no delay when using mouse/keyboard. I also like the resolution when connecting and ability to switch the remote monitors as needed.

Cons

The only (minor) thing I don't like is that when using a new computer to remote from is that an email is sent to add the device to the allowed list. It would be simpler to have a way to verify by simply sending a code to my phone asking for permission.

Jason T.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Perfect solution to remote access and remote support

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

really helpful during initial talks, provided large trial licence and great discount on sign up

Pros

We needed to deploy a solution for a large number of users to remote onto their desktops, initially attracted to Splashtop for the price we quickly discovered it beat the competition in ease of use, delivery and service. We have since deployed remote support SOS for agents and will not be renewing Teamviewer.

Sos UAC far smoother that teamviewer!

Cons

No negatives, this product met our requirements

Response from Splashtop

Hi Jason,

It's so awesome to hear your feedback. Thank you for the scores. It's our pleasure to have an international logistics company on board.

May we know what you use Splashtop for? I am asking because I would love to understand your scenario and how we are helping you with your business.

We also have a great news to share with you that we have now have our branch office in Amsterdam. Feel free to reach out if you ever need help. Please reach us at [email protected]

Thanks again for your support!

Stay healthy and take care!

Andreas B.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Splashtop replaces Teamviewer for veterinary practice

Reviewed on 2020/07/25

Very good experience. All members of my team who are using it were immediately on board and delighted how it did not require any learning curve at all, even for those who had not been Teamviewer users before.

Pros

I needed a cheaper, easier-to-use remote connection solution for my team. We were using Teamviewer but did not need most of their features and found it to be overpriced for our needs. Splashtop business has everything we need and more - for a fraction of the cost. The mobile app is also easier to use and more stable the mobile app from Teamviewer.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. I have an install problem of the streamer on one computer and will need to sort it out with support once I have the time during the day. But I have not found any negative issue with Splashtop business yet.

Response from Splashtop

Hi Andreas,

Thanks a lot for the rating and comment. Splashtop is well recognized by millions of users to deliver the best remote desktop experience with the most reasonable pricing. We truly appreciate your business and we're so grateful for the trust you've placed in us.

Please feel free to contact us if you need our assistance.

Thanks again for choosing Splashtop!

• Industry: Veterinary

Splashtop

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

It has helped us in customer service to remotely help our clients reliably.

Pros

It works very well and allows multiple connections and it is very easy to switch between connections.
Lot of features that you can do without remotely connecting to the computer.

Cons

Sometimes it will crash and will require a computer reboot.
I don't think there is anything else that I don't like about it.

Jason K.
  • Industry: Research

Perfect software and easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Pros

Splashtop Business is easy to use, and it seamlessly allows remote control and operation of a number of computers. Our team uses it on a daily basis to have desktop control as well as to transfer files. It is lower cost than other leading similar software, and the support is excellent.

Cons

I wish there were a way to easily log in to the file structure and transfer files without having to open the full desktop control.

Virginia H.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Teamviewer, LogmeIn and others are overpriced compared to Splashtop

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

As we have moved to remote, my employees can just tell me they are having issues and I can remote in within 15 seconds. Users/Employees no longer have to fumble to create a code and try to learn new software.

Pros

The best feature was being able to place the installer in the shared network drive and have users just be able to double click to more or less auto install the product.

Cons

I can't think of anything yet. I think the latency is a little off but for the price it meets the latency of Teamviewer, RealVNC and others.

Rae S.

Great Software!!

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Having easy access to clients' computers & my other office computers is priceless. The connections are good, the price is unbeatable.

Pros

The ease in printing checks remotely.
Ease of setup

Cons

NOTHING!!! It works as advertised and have not run into any problems.

Jamison S.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

We needed to provide remote access to 40 employees during Covid 19 and Splashtop made the process easy and quick.

Pros

Easy to manage and deploy. We were able to get about 40 users setup and working from home in the span of a week. Like the ability to add or remove user licenses as needed.

Cons

My only con would be the ability to update the deployed streamer settings from the web console.

Response from Splashtop

Hi Jamison,

Thank you for the rating. I am Antonia from Customer Success team at Splashtop.

We take great pride in the simplicity of our software. It's our pleasure to have an educational business as one of our customers.

Regarding your deploy feedback, may we know more about your user case? I am asking because I would love to understand your scenario and find the way to suit your business better. Please reach us at https://www.splashtop.com/contact-us so that our team will be able to help you out.

Thanks again and looking forward to hearing from you soon :)

Stay healthy and take care!

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great for Remote Access Support

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

Pros

We love the ease of use for this product. We can easily find our user computers as it allows us to separate them into searchable groups. Additionally, we set this up to be deployed via Group Policy, which made the installation process for our end users seamless. Also, we love that when the remote session is over, it automatically locks the user's computer for added security (in the chance they have stepped away from their desk while we are working on it). It truly does facilitate remote access. I highly recommend it!

Cons

The only con is that the installation process was a bit more involved for our Mac users. It did not allow us to have a silent deployment for these devices, which caused our technicians to have to take time to install it locally. Although the product is great, this slowed us down significantly while trying to deploy this across 500 Mac Users.

Response from Splashtop

Thanks for reviewing.

Script-based deployment is possible for Macs, depending on the tools at your disposal. This support article (https://support-splashtopbusiness.splashtop.com/hc/en-us/articles/212725183-Command-line-parameters-to-silently-install-your-deployable-Splashtop-streamer) details script-based deployment for both Windows and Mac.

The article has a download link for the Mac deployment script. Our customers have used Munki, Casper/JAMF, or similar to make the deployment happen. Note the comment about Soundflower/Munki.

If you have further questions, feel free to contact our Support team at https://www.splashtop.com/support.

Sara C.

Amazing Price for a Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

I use Splashtop at least once a week, and sometimes more often than that. I use it to access the company's computer from home, primarily so I can use Quickbooks Desktop to run payroll or view financial reports. I also use it to work on spreadsheets and documents. I love that I can easily copy or transfer files between devices while I work. I also really like that I can print to a local printer or the remote printer.

Pros

Splashtop is extremely easy to use, and the view quality is really good. I have used other remote access products with much worse viewability...and they were more expensive. Splashtop is really quick and easy to launch from the app I installed on my home computer. It is much less cumbersome than other products I have used.

Cons

I haven't run into anything that I dislike about the software.

Michel C.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

great product

Reviewed on 2020/12/13

Like it a lot will resubscribe next year

Pros

Easy install ,easy use and the price is good

Cons

Should have the Sos feature for 1 user always good if they dont have accès there's email

Arlene Y.

Highly recommend

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Excellent service !!

Pros

The speed, ease of use from laptop or smart phone but most of all.. pricing is competitive. I’ve used logmein and few others. But hands down what swayed me was pricing

Cons

There are no dislikes, I like everything about the service

Dimos S.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Splashtop delivers stereo sound

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Pros

My job between others, is educating young students on music production, compotition etc. And part of this is working on their projects in real time. Have you heard orchestral music in mono? Its really difficult and this was my reality until i found splashtop. This is the only program delivering stereo sound and for audio applications this is really precious. I highly recommend.

Cons

There is a slight confussion when you try to set it up for the first time cause admin and users don't install the same program. But some google and youtube searching will get you there.

Allison M.
  • Industry: Accounting

Splash top for remote working

Reviewed on 2020/08/28

Great experience overall. We went from in office to fully remote in 2 days thanks to splash top. While there are some growing pains for the most part it is user error and not the software.

Pros

This software was essential during the COVID pandemic! It was quick to set up on 30+ computers and the end users quickly adapted to the platform. The option for full screen record is also a great bonus feature.

Cons

The training aspect of explaining how video and voice calling through the system was complicated for some users. If there was a best practices module when activating the software I feel end users would have a better experience.

Response from Splashtop

Hi Allison,

Thanks for the comment. In response to the recent coronavirus outbreak, Splashtop provides the best WFH solutions for all kinds of business scenarios.

For the installation, you could also visit our support page. I believe you will find lots of auxiliary tools for your business. Here's the one for your reference: https://support-splashtopbusiness.splashtop.com/hc/en-us/articles/213193383-Installation-Tutorial-Video.

If you would like to share more details with us, please contact us at [email protected]

Darla M.

A Great Alternative

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

Pros

I love the interface, that you can transfer files back and forth, and that you can sign on the remote computer without someone having to be at that remote computer.

Cons

It was difficult, at first, to get the software to connect through the firewalls. One chat with Customer Service took care of that.

Response from Splashtop

Hi Darla,

Thank you for the score and review. We now have lots of account firms as customers accessing QuickBooks remotely through our software. Here's the web page for your reference: https://www.splashtop.com/accounting

For file transferring, we do support "copy and paste" and "drag and drop". Information at https://support-splashtopbusiness.splashtop.com/hc/en-us/articles/212725323-FILE-TRANSFER

Thanks again for choosing Splashtop!

James P.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Splashtop during Lockdown

Reviewed on 2021/01/19

We had to work from home during the Covid lockdown and used other software which was not so user friendly and required a password each time we connected. If the PC went to sleep then we could not get connected without going to the office. I initially had a free trial with Splashtop and it was so easy to use that we purchased a licence

Pros

Splashtop was very easy to use and connects to my work PC easily giving full access to my files and applications in a familiar layout

Cons

At the moment there is nothing to criticise about Splashtop as it is doing exactly what we require

Mitch S.

Great service!

Reviewed on 2020/11/15

Pros

The software is easy to use And serves all of my needs. I especially like the file transfer option

Cons

Set up was a little difficult. But after installing the software and understanding how it works, there was no problem

Judy T.

Use of producct

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

My clients are very pleased with this product and I have referred this to many people.

Pros

The ability to add more clients and print to my office.

Cons

I am please with the product and have not complaints

James E.

Well Worth the Switch

Reviewed on 2020/04/13

Ability to access multiple computers is great. Customer support very accessible.

Pros

Straight forward set up. Easy to connect.

Cons

Permissions for sharing computers was a little confusing to set up but support was very helpful.

Alexander K.
  • Industry: Media Production

Splashtop helps us in crucial times access is needed

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

My teams overall experience with Splashtop has been awesome! It’s come in handy so many times.

Pros

I love the high quality streaming of the remote access. The options in settings let your prioritize quality or speed and it comes in handy depending on the project or task you are working on. Also the pass through audio is so important when accessing computers remotely so you can listen or review details.

Cons

There’s nothing I don’t like about it. The platform is solid, affordable, reliable, versatile and of high quality.

Todd G.

Best Remote Software

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

Easiest deployment and user experience ever. The purchase was simple and the reliability has been fantastic.

Pros

Easy to set up, deploy and manage. Training was a breeze and users were able to access and install upon invitation. Management is simple, reports are easy to read and digest and monitoring is ideal for our industry.

Cons

I have not found anything that I don't like. I have one user that has had a hard time connecting 100%, but this could be a setting or configuration of the computer.