4,9
Daniel L.
Industry: Consumer Electronics

The best remote access software

Reviewed on 2020/04/01

Every employee is working from home. The software is fast, transparent and seemless.

Pros

I have used quite a few solutions to remote access software. Most are very complex and difficult to use. VPN was almost impossible for the users to use. Splash top was a breath of fresh air. I chose it because of the reviews it had.

I downloaded the trial and installed it on the desktop server in minutes. That process was seamless. Then I had each user integrate the access from their remotes. Not a single user had any connection issues. We are now all working from home as if we were in the office.

This software is excellent. We are accessing from laptops, iPhones, androids, iMacs and notebooks. No issues!

Cons

I have no reservations at all. This software is by far, the best remote access software I have ever seen.

Response from Splashtop

Hi Daniel,

Thanks a lot for the amazing scores and the review. I am Antonia from Splashtop Customer Success team. We are proud to be contributing to your business continuity and hope to have you as our customer for many years to come.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Easy way to offer helpdesk support to clients

Reviewed on 2020/07/02

It has been very good experience with software, it works ok with our needs.
there are few options and features if they are added it will be perfect software and compete with advanced solutions that have been in the market for years.

Pros

The software is straight fw....client download the software, generate the code and the tech can use the code to log into the computer remotely.
It is stable, fast and work great.
can see connected sessions or that were connected from the admin console.
depending on your license you can have more than 1 tech connected to same session and u can have unattended access as well depending on the license.

Cons

with mac we have to enable settings in system to allow splashtop to take control but this is mainly Mac os system issue.
The client has to generate the code every time from his end.....if it can work the other way it will be easier....I mean we generate the code for him or he can just install software then it appear on our end.
If there is an icon on the desktop that the client can click on to appear on the admin console it will be great.
it doesn't capture windows user password for reboot.

Response from Splashtop

Hello,

Thank you so much for the rating and review. Sounds like you are using our Splashtop On-Demand Support (SOS) which is designed for having a quick and efficient connection to your users' Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices with a simple session code and the code will be generated each time automatically to provide an extremely secure on-demand remote access solution.

Regarding your comment, Splashtop is integrated with freshservice and allows a workflow similar to what you describe for technicians who want to have remote access to their end users. The technician can reply to a ticket embedding an SOS link and later connect to the end user's computer without the end user needing to provide a session code. Here's more information for your reference:

If you would like to discuss specific points, we are at your disposal. Feel free to reach us at any time at: customer-success

Wendy H.
Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

This program is 100% comparable to their competitor and actually easier to use

Pros

It is very easy to set up and use, very consumer easy

Cons

so far nothing this program has not failed and we go out into some area with very little signal

Thomas S.
Industry: Computer Software

Splashtop Disappointment

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Sometimes it works, sometimes not so much. I have logged into a customer, rebooted and when the customer opens the splashtop app it goes away and there is no way to log in using splashtop. The video is sketchy and the file transfer works most of the time. Support is clueless and the follow up is very poor. If you need to service your clients in a timely manner, this may not work for you.

Pros

It's very user friendly and allows many features

Cons

Sometimes it is slow, the video quality varies from good to poor.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Steve I.
Industry: Performing Arts

This is the best Remote Desktop software

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

It has been excellent. Support is great and they have never tried to sell me more than I need

Pros

Very easy to use
Easy to configure
Great support
Works on every PC I have and iPhones!
I use this every single day
Excellent value

Cons

Can only access one remote PC at a time
Wish there were a bit more customizations
Need to be able to remove their icons (mouse, etc)

Response from Splashtop

Hi Steve

Thank you so much for the review and rating. We've been dedicating to deliver the best value remote access and support solutions to our customers.

Unlike other service providers, our pricing remains the same for customers and allows them to stay with their chosen package without unannounced price raises.

With Splashtop, each user can access more than one computer at a time, in fact up to 10.
And the Splashtop agent Streamer tray icon can also be hidden. In addition to that the Streamer can also be installed silently.

Feel free to contact our support team so we can assist you regarding the above.

Thanks again for choosing Splashtop!

Regards,
Antonia Wang
Splashtop Customer Success team

Mckay S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Awesome tool for a great price - SOOO much better than Teamviewer

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

It works great. I used Teamviewer in the past and Teamviewer made you put in codes everytime you wanted to use it and weird stuff like that. Didn't seem like it was meant for long-term access to certain computers.

Pros

Splashtop is really easy to use once you get it set up. I also like that it was the "wake" feature which is a lifesaver. I use it to remotely access client's computers if I need to do something for them under their network. It's quite easy to use and I can have it setup to easily select the computer I need to log into.

Cons

Even with the wake feature, it doesn't always work (probably due to the computer not being connected to the internet etc.) but it's much better than alternatives. Really it does everything it is supposed to do so I don't have any other complaints.

Elizabeth C.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Love Splashtop

Reviewed on 2020/08/06

My experience has been great. Was having speed issues at first, call customer service and they weren't as helpful as I would have liked. They just told me to go to the FAQ on the website and go from there. Of course nothing helped the speed that was on the FAQ but I found out from my tech guy that it was the internet on the accessed computer that was slowing me down.

Pros

I like that I am able to access up to 10 computers, I like that I am able to access multiple computer simultaneously. I also like that I am able to reboot the accessed computer with ease. I also enjoy the viewing options to ensure a clear picture of accessed computer.

Cons

I have not had a chance to utilize everything but I do wish there was a better way to message the accessed computer. I'm not sure what it looks like on the other end so not sure if they are receiving any messages.

Darla M.
Industry: Accounting

A Great Alternative

Reviewed on 2020/07/09

Pros

I love the interface, that you can transfer files back and forth, and that you can sign on the remote computer without someone having to be at that remote computer.

Cons

It was difficult, at first, to get the software to connect through the firewalls. One chat with Customer Service took care of that.

Response from Splashtop

Hi Darla,

Thank you for the score and review. We now have lots of account firms as customers accessing QuickBooks remotely through our software. Here's the web page for your reference: https://www.splashtop.com/accounting

For file transferring, we do support "copy and paste" and "drag and drop". Information at https://support-splashtopbusiness.splashtop.com/hc/en-us/articles/212725323-FILE-TRANSFER

Thanks again for choosing Splashtop!

Regards,
Antonia Wang
Splashtop Customer Success team

Steve A.
Industry: Internet

Simple and effective

Reviewed on 2020/10/02

Pros

Splashtop is extremely simple to set up and use. It's been extremely reliable so far in terms of connection speed and quality and is superb for the price.

Cons

Has some initial issues with the File Transfer tool not working but these seems to have resolved itself in the past week or so.

Holley B.
Industry: Graphic Design

The best alternative to those other guys!

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

Pros

It's easy to use, easy to setup and feels just like other remote login software I've used.

Cons

Sometimes the screen will flicker, not sure what it's a function of, possibly a screen print issue when I'm working in Photoshop remotely. It hasn't bothered me enough to really look into it.

Angie I.
Industry: Environmental Services

Awesome software for the now more common "stay at home' worker.

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

I had been using another software prior to switching to Splashtop in March, it was a free version because I had only need to access my work computer from home minimally and that was only to access our accounting software, everything else I needed was in the "cloud". The free software I was using had a horrible lag and terrible visual quality and once our state got stay at home orders, I began working from home full time, the lag and poor visual quality was not an efficient way to work. I looked into upgrading the free version but couldn't verify if the lag would be fixed and the price was outrageous so I opted to look for an alternative. That is how a came across Splashtop and decided to give the trial version a whirl and I am so glad I did, I knew with a day or 2 that I would be purchasing a license.

Pros

Super easy to use, with a lot features including fast access anywhere from Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Chromebook, HD quality, file transferring. remote print, ability to switch between multiple monitors, all for as low as $5/month ($60 per year).

Cons

I access a computer with 2 monitors and will I can switch between the 2, I wish I had an option to make all everything open on one monitor because dragging between the monitors is not the smoothest when you can only have 1 monitor visible at a time. Although I believe viewing multiple monitors simultaneously is a feature in the Pro version, I am using the Solo version as working from home should only be temporary but if it were more permanent then I'd probably upgrade to Pro.

Response from Splashtop

Hi Angie,

Thank you so much for the scoring and telling us your user experiences. It's truly our pleasure to have an environmental protector/maintainer as one of our customers.

Regarding your feedback, have you tried our monitors switching hotkeys? Here are the articles for your information:

If you would like to have any further assistance, feel free to reach out any time at: https://www.splashtop.com/contact-us. We are at your disposal

Kenneth B.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

The LogMeIn Alternative

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

We used LogMeIn for years until they almost quadrupled their prices. We looked and found Splashtop. It offered almost all of the same functionality at a fraction of the cost. It was lacking some polish at first but over the years they have greatly improved upon their product. I use it daily to manage the users at my company remotely and I haven't had any issues.

Pros

The cost versus LogMeIn. We pay a fraction of what we were paying with LogMeIn even before their price hike. Also it allows for a lot more client machines at the same price

Cons

It was lacking some polish in the beginning but they have steadily been rolling out new features. They are on par with LogMeIn now.

Ben M.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Splashtop puts others to Shame

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

Controlling machines, the fact that it supports UAC prompts, file transfer ability, all of those are reasons that this works well for our business.

Pros

To be honest value is the number one reason I love this software. Compared to other solutions the cost is lower, but the product is high quality and is used on a daily basis.

Cons

No support for Linux. We have several Linux machines that we would like to manage, but the support for Linux has been little to none. They have an old version for Linux, and it has not been updated in a while.

Mike B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Clean and Easy

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

I use it for tech support of all our computers inside or outside my network. Great for those road warriors that are gone all week.

Pros

Can remote into existing computers from a list it gives you at will using the small client software or buy the SOS module and have the user go to a website, give you a number, and you remote into any computer. You can setup different admins to see a different list of computer to remote into. Once you setup the credentials you can remote in easily at will.

Cons

When doing a file transfer sometimes you closes the connection. They have been working on this and may have it fixed by now.

David B.
Industry: Computer Hardware
Company size: Self Employed

This software saved my business

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Most of the support tasks that I perform now are with Splashtop Business Access, and physical visits to clients are now rare. Much of the work is after hours when businesses are closed, so it works very well for me.

Pros

The one thing that had me committed was the low cost after the massive price increases I was experiencing from Logmein. Splashtop has improved in performance, reliability and feature-set considerably over the several years I've been using it, and I cannot praise it more highly. The company also listen carefully to their users and have fixed minor issues along the way. All versions of Windows from XP upwards are supported, including servers.

Cons

There are very few cons. Very old PCs with poor graphics capability maybe rather slow, but there is an add-on driver that helps. Thankfully these issues are very rare, and those machines should have been upgraded anyway. Full Dual Monitor support is an additional paid option, but I can live without that.

Ryan N.
Company size: Self Employed

If you are using TeamViewer - Switch now!

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

It has been good. I was searching for an alternative to TeamViewer that wasn't going to kill my one-man-company. This lets me manage the few servers I need too without having to pay a ton of cash. The file transfer works great, and the screen sharing is solid. Stays connected for DAYS.

Pros

It works way better than other screen sharing apps I have used. It just works. I also like the cost - compared to teamviewer, it is more reasonably priced and I don't have to fight bugs all the time. It works when you switch to wifi - long time teamviewer bug!

Cons

The only problem I have had (and it was short lived) was that it is easy to close the remote client accidentally. Once you realize it needs to stay running (and don't close the tray icon) - you don't have any problems. I caught this very early on.

Chris B.
Industry: Plastics

I have been using Splashtop for some time now and have had very few issues with it overall.

Reviewed on 2018/01/05

I am able to start my day from home in order to get my crew working sooner with what they need whether I am there or not and I can do it from anywhere which gives me more flexibility as a business owner.

Pros

I do cad work and thought it was better than LogMe In Pro which I had used for several years, but the file transfer function is very useful as I work from home at times and need that ability when programming or modifying various programs at times. I also do a good bit of estimating and that also requires the ability to transfer files or even log in to Quickbooks to send the quotation. It serves my needs very well. The support team is superior and I had a very good response from them recently when it was determined that it was my pc causing the issue so a clean install was all it took to put me back to where I was originally. All of these types of software apps can have quirky issues that can be a problem at times but I find that Splashtop really works well with very few minor issues. It gives you a lot of options on how to use it as well and that is always good in varying environments or situations.

Cons

There is very little to complain about and as I said previously, I think any issues that I have experienced were due to an install that maybe didn't go well but how would you ever know until you ask the support team and once I did the problem was fixed! I really like that so no cons to report here!

Catherine H.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Splashtop Business Pro is a good choice for me

Reviewed on 2020/05/29

I would also like to mention that their Customer Support is excellent. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with their rep, discussing the merits of Splashtop and the various options available. He was thorough and extremely patient. I started with the 7-day trial of Splashtop Business Pro, which they extended for an extra 7 days when I needed more time. I've needed support a couple of times, and they were very responsive.

Another thing I love about the choice I've made is the affordability. Some other services were going to be unjustifiably expensive for me, which led me to the search for an alternative. I don't need to offer 24/7 remote support, since I use it on an "as needed" basis, which fluctuates week by week.

Pros

After a relatively short learning curve, I was able to use this software exactly as required. I offer remote computer and device support to people who are, for the most part, over 75 years old. As such, it can be challenging to guide them through resolving their problem. Being able to offer remote access, is crucial with clients like this, because I can explain as I offer the visual.

The seniors I deal with are easily confused with technology, which made guiding them through installation of the Splashtop Streamer at their end a bit tricky. This was probably the most difficult part of laying the groundwork for helping my clients. So I prepared screenshots of every step of the installation process for myself, which allowed me to guide them through installation one step at a time.

Cons

For the most part, Splashtop Business Access covers all bases for me and is definitely a crucial tool in accomplishing my work.

Even so, there are two things on my "wish list", that would make the experience even better...

1. I would prefer not having to use my telephone to speak to the client, and would really appreciate if Splashtop had an audio component built into it.

2. Many of my clients have only iPads or iPhones and, to my knowledge, Splashtop does not allow for me to offer them remote support from my computer to their device. That possibility would be fantastic!

Steven C.
Industry: Law Practice

Excellent User Experience!

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

I'm able to work remotely with no loss of productivity and also able to provide support to other users who do not know how to solve computer issues themselves.

Pros

I was particularly impressed with the sound transfer features of the software. I selected my desired sound settings on setup of the program, rather than having to select it with each session. There was no delay or latency and the full screen function makes it appear that I am sitting at my office computer. The cost was low and the value very high, especially when compared to other similar software, some of which costs 10 times as much.

Cons

Two different software programs, a streamer and a business program, must be loaded. It would be nice to only have to load one program, but this was not that much of a hassle.

Jason T.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Perfect solution to remote access and remote support

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

really helpful during initial talks, provided large trial licence and great discount on sign up

Pros

We needed to deploy a solution for a large number of users to remote onto their desktops, initially attracted to Splashtop for the price we quickly discovered it beat the competition in ease of use, delivery and service. We have since deployed remote support SOS for agents and will not be renewing Teamviewer.

Sos UAC far smoother that teamviewer!

Cons

No negatives, this product met our requirements

Response from Splashtop

Hi Jason,

It's so awesome to hear your feedback. Thank you for the scores. It's our pleasure to have an international logistics company on board.

May we know what you use Splashtop for? I am asking because I would love to understand your scenario and how we are helping you with your business.

We also have a great news to share with you that we have now have our branch office in Amsterdam. Feel free to reach out if you ever need help. Please reach us at [email protected]

Thanks again for your support!

Gary D.
Industry: Government Administration

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

The software boots up very quickly, makes quick connections with remote computers and makes remote access a breeze.

Pros

Splashtop is fast, allows using any printer on your local computer and is inexpensive.

Cons

When copying a new set of files from a remote computer, I've had to occasionally rename the existing files in order to have an error free transfer. This has mostly happened when attempting to overwrite Quick Books files, but either renaming the existing files or deleting them solves the problem.

Russell S.
Industry: Education Management

Great software that works

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Claim to fame: I was walking around the Louvre museum in Paris on vacation, when we had an inspection at work back in Florida. I was able to move the files they were looking for whilst standing in the Egyptian area on my phone and in 10 minutes, my staff had everything they needed to complete the inspection.

Pros

I am a small business owner and the only person who needs to remote into my business. In my scenario, I no longer need to be in the office to work so often do some electronic paper pushing in the evenings and weekends (like most small business owners, we are 24/7!) and when staff have computer issues, I can remote into their desktops to fix the small issue no matter where I am in the world.

Cons

There is nothing I would complain about at this point.

Daniel H.
Industry: Civil Engineering

How to get the best bang for your remote access buck!

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

My users, as well as myself, enjoy the simplicity and ease of use of this software and how it gets out of the way and allows us to concentrate on our workflow.

Pros

This product was very easy to deploy, setup and install for the administrator as well as the end users.

Cons

The ability to show only online/active computers and users on the web portal management/sessions page.

Response from Splashtop

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the rating. I am Antonia from Customer Success team at Splashtop.

We take great pride in the simplicity and capability of our software. It's our pleasure to have a surveying and mapping business on board.

Regarding your feedback, may we know more about your concern? So that we will be able to know how to improve us to deliver our next level of remote access software. Please share with us at [email protected]

Thanks again and looking forward to hearing from you soon ;-)

Philip S.

Real value a fair price

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/05/22

I found Splashtop to be easy to use, and having the features like File-Transfer, Chat, Remote reboot, Desktop-Sharing, like their major competitor, but with up to 10 client PCs and at a significantly lower/fairer price, is a great and welcome value for me and many other small to medium, businesses!

Pros

As a sole proprietor PC Repair business owner, budget, security and diagnostic and remote desktop features are my highest priorities and Splashtop fits most of the bill.

Cons

I would rather be given a new password by my client and have to input it before I can remote-in on their PC each time. I have already had them be concerned about this. I told the client, people shoud always have a password or PIN login for Windows instead of an auto-login option for their own security. Other than that, I love Splashtop Business's features and performance.

Roger M.
Company size: Self Employed

Great remote support software for reasonable cost.

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Splashtop saves me countless trips to customer sites and I am also able to support long distance customers which extends my company's market reach.

Pros

Light on resources. Can customize deployment packages for the customer to download themselves via a link.

Cons

I haven't seen the feature of being able to boot into Safe Mode and control the desktop yet.