Showing 56 reviews of 43

KaleidaCare

Foster care management software for social service agencies

Showing 56 reviews of 43
Jessica W.

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

It has made my job 10x easier. System support is always responsive and helpful. I really enjoy using this product.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to customize, ability to access on multiple devices, ability to access client information without having to access the file storage room, ability to write group notes, ability to print and download easily

Cons

Staff assignments can be tedious. For instance, I would like to be able to give my Program Director access to all direct care staff hired and have it happen automatically instead of direct 1-1 assignment. Dashboard should be easier to access than it is. Silverlight is not a very cooperative program. Custom forms don't pull the best reports for data analysis.

Victoria S.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

A great way to go paperless

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

It’s a great software if you are trying to go paperless

Pros

You can potentially have all your documentation in one place

Cons

Integrating existing forms into an online format is difficult at times. Some employees get frustrated with the length of some of the forms and if Kaleidacare times them out, they lose all their progress. It’s sometimes difficult to know where information gets pulled from

Jennifer M.

Foster Care User

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

Being able to send direct reminders to foster parents is time efficient.

Pros

Being able to generate a list for foster parent payments save an enormous amount of time.

Cons

Customization could be more intuitive and easier to use.

Elizabeth M.

Great Services

Reviewed on 2020/03/14

Pros

Reporting is super helpful and I would like to learn more about reporting.

Cons

Some functions don't talk to each other.

Susan Z.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

I was very reluctant to change to Electronic Records. The initial training helped me overcome...

Reviewed on 2018/02/23

The software allows me to better monitor client's Clinical Progress as well as monitor the Therapist's reports, thus cutting down on the amount of time spent in meetings.

Pros

It is easy to access, we have support when we need it, the initial training helped me overcome my resistance to changing to Electronic Records.

Cons

There are many capabilities of this program which would be useful. However, I feel that advanced training via KaleiCare might be helpful. (I will check with one of our Administrators to see if this is possible.)

Kari S.

review of K-Care

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

it is our main data collection system for a collaborative team providing multiple interventions for children in residential care

Pros

Multiple users providing data for a multi-faceted team in social service

Cons

I dont know how to create my own queries/reports

Glenn S.

KCare for Foster Care

Reviewed on 2018/12/28

Good experience.

Pros

Quick access to our client database to watch our daily census.

Cons

Too many steps at times to view data at times when seeking out information.

Kristi H.

KaleidaCare is user friendly.

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

Pros

I like how information can be pulled into different forms. I like the tracking features. Client face sheet is very helpful.

David P.

Updates

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

It has taken us a long time to use more of the system.

Pros

Holds a lot of data
Were using more of the system now

Cons

Cost overall
Sometimes when we seek past data it is incorrect?

Will J.

User friends - great for billing. Would like to see more BI capabilities.

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Pros

user friendly, improves billing capabilities. We are able to use across multiple service lines benefit us greatly.

Cons

Limited business intelligence capabilities - hoping newer versions will include more BI/Analytics. Overall, we are happy with the software and the support we get from our rep and from KCare leadership

Deanne G.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Data collection and records management

Overall positive

Pros

The data collection function is very useful, as well as document management to maintain records compliance.

Cons

This software could definitely use some improvements with customization. This is not a one-size fits all program, and it would be very nice to be able to have a little more power over data fields in the Standard Forms. In addition, a due date feature (with reminders) should be added to document management so that we can easily see when certain documents need to be updated.

Patricia S.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Billing and Documents in one program

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

It is too expensive to get things changed that are simple. Mandatory birthday- $3000.00

Pros

I was not here for implementation but no balances were carried forward and it was a mess for the first year. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] takes the time to understand our issue and figure out a solution that will work for our needs. I like that the billing and the documents are housed in the same place.

Cons

Birthdate not mandatory, Minimum Service Minutes, Reports not paginated, No back button, Save Criteria not available on Custom Forms, Billable forms central where all billable forms billed, block inactive clients, Division does not show up on reports, cant tell who changed what and when, authorization warning information can not be pulled to different report

Vicki A.
  • Industry: Accounting

KaleidaCare Solutions7 - A True Blessing

Reviewed on 2017/02/25

We are proud to recognize KaleidaCare's generous support of the Mogra Children's Rescue Centre in Nairobi Kenya.

My whole experience with Kaleidacare has been a very positive and exciting one. Back in the spring of 2016, one of the Customer support representative worked for a long time with me in identifying the fit of Kaleidacare with the needs of the orphanage. It was truly a pleasure to work with her, she was patient, eager to share her knowledge and very supportive in my learning the system. She loved the story of the orphanage and the hundreds of little ones and she worked hard to help me sell the concept to Mogra.

The pass-over to Customer support representative was seamless and her enthusiasm and excitement about the project made the process go very smoothly. The biggest challenges we had were internet connectivity and power outages due to African storms which made on-line training sessions a challenge, but we did it. She was very patient and flexible, being respectful of our time and situation.

The implementation process was structured in a logical and methodical order, working with more than a 10 hour time-zone difference. Johanna went above and beyond what was expected in the implementation of Kaleidacare; bringing order to the information of more than 290 young souls.

She made the program fun and less intimidating - we could always count on her to quickly get back to us when we had questions. We very much appreciate having been assigned such a knowledgeable and personable implementation expert especially appreciative are the Mogra crew who are learning the system and will champion it!

The management of Kaleidacare should feel proud of having employees as dedicated and caring as the ones we've worked with! The biggest assets any company can have is their people and it looks like Kaleidacare is RICH indeed.!

Pros

Flexibility and somewhat customizable, consistency of menus and screens, easy access to reports. Ease of information dates.

Cons

This pilot project was implemented in Africa, so some of the fields were not customizable - ie phone number format. Wouldn't be a problem if the agency is in North America.

Kaylee V.

Great software!

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

Overall, my experience with KaleidaCare Solutions7 has been GREAT!

Pros

Having used a few different EMRs in my career as a mental health provider, I can honestly say Kaleidacare is one of the best. Its layout is user-friendly and clean, data input is easy and customizable, and customer service is amazing. Some EMRs can be cumbersome or feel like they're built for IT professionals and not users in the medical/mental health fields. I love that Kaleidacare is not like this. In addition, I have truly enjoyed working with the individuals at Kaleidacare. Whether on the sales team or the troubleshooting team, all the individuals I've worked with at Kaleidacare I have known on a first-name basis and have been kind, helpful, and professional.

Cons

I think my only complaint about Kaleidacare is it is sometimes difficult to extract data.

Patricia D.

Review of Solution 7 software system

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

There are so many new releases ( at least once if not twice a month) and it is hard to keep up with all the changes and implement them with our staff, we have been with KC for many years and it feels like we are not using the system to its full potential because of this.

Pros

Was part of the Solution 7 upgrade several years ago and appreciated the thought/planning that had gone into making the transition easy. Our agency uses the billing module and has appreciated the quick response when issues arise from support.

Cons

Building custom forms is very cumbersome and time consuming. Sometime when contacting customer support it is hard to describe issues I am experiencing to get results.

Dan S.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Why KaleidaCare is a great solution

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

Outside of the things that make the system work well, the level of customer service will exceed all of your expectations. From meeting with a sales rep, to building your system and implementing it, and beyond to when you are fully live KaleidaCare takes time to make sure the system meets your needs. They will make sure that any issues you have are addressed quickly. The training that is provided is at the level of the learner and even folks who have never used a system like this will be able to pick it up quickly.

Pros

The best part of this software is the ability to customize it easily. We are able to create our own forms and make changes as needed to those forms in house without the need to contact support.

Cons

The one thing with the software is that you have to put the time into learning how to navigate from place to place. Until you really dig into the software it can be difficult to know how to navigate. That said, once you learn the system it is very user friendly.

Danielle J.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

I have been using it for 5 years and its user friendly. As a supervisor I would like to attend the conference to learn more about all that kcare and really utilize it more with our agency and teach others how to use it more efficiently.

Pros

Its simple to use, easy, our foster parents are able to enter their daily notes and understand how to use kcare which makes our job a lot easier.

Cons

Mileage- When my staff enter it into your data base its a few cents off so we have to do some additional math to ensure that the staff get paid correctly.

Bob P.

Great Software!

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

Pros

For me, it is easy to use. I like how all features are easily accessible from the drop down menus.

Cons

Program updates, but this is getting better.

Dorothyanna C.

KaleidaCare Earns 5 Stars!

Reviewed on 2016/04/08

Having worked in the social service for over 15 years, I have used several software programs. I have been very impressed with KaleidaCare's product and the amazing customer service that we receive. KaleidaCare's software is very intuitive and user-friendly. Our agency has used KaleidaCare for over 10 years and is used in our Foster Care and Adoption, Intellectual Disabilities, and Residential programs. We are now in the process of implementing KaleidaCare in our Mental Health programs. KaleidaCare's customer support is very timely and they are always professional and friendly. It doesn't matter the time of day or day of the week, someone is always there to respond to our user's needs. KaleidaCare offers Online User Groups and Online Trainings, which is very helpful and keeps us informed about newly released enhancements and functionality. KaleidaCare definitely earns 5 stars!!!

• Industry: Accounting

Tracking

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

Pros

KaleidaCare Solutions 7 has been a big help for us. We use it to track our clients, our building maintenance, work orders among other things.

Cons

I don't have anything that I do not like about KaleidaCare.

Deidre W.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2017/02/24

Kaleidacare is very user friendly and the implementation team was awesome! We stayed on track the entire time and even started using it before our projected date.

Pros

It is user friendly and easy to train new employees on.

Cons

Some times when a staff is working on a large entry they will lose their information before it logs them out.

Milo W.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Advanced and expansive care management tool

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Our non-profit agency has benefitted greatly since becoming a Kaleidacare customer. Kaleidacare allows us to have a central database to track all of our clients and facilities, as well as staff and their notes and documentation. With Kaleidacare, we've become much more "Paper-lite". This software has truly transformed the way our social workers do their work, and how we access information for the better.

Moreover, the Kaleidacare staff is phenomenal. All interactions with the staff has been positive and even exceeded expectations. Your agency's happiness is very important to them and they will go out of their way to ensure you are utilizing the system with maximum efficiency.

Pros

We love the software's robust reporting capabilities as well as the tracking tools, custom form builder, and the vast amount of data you are able to track in Kaleidacare.

Cons

Kaleidcare offers regular live webinar trainings and has a pretty extensive FAQ section, but I would love to see more video tutorials, perhaps even courses in the future! I can't say there's anything I actually dislike, though.

Sean K.

Kaleidacare Simplicity

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

Pros

Most features are used the same way making it easy for new user setup. The ability to customize forms makes the software easily expandable.

Cons

Want more customization options with building custom forms and lack of a comprehensive security auditing tool.