AppFollow

App store optimization and review management solution

4,7
4,3
4,3
4,7
Industry: Consumer Electronics

Perfect integration for Customer Support Team

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/04/15

We are tracking downloads and reviews of our app, by platform, which is a bonus, because the initial goal was just to be able to respond to customer reviews through FreshDesk, our customer support software.

Pros

Very easy to integrate. The only affordable app that works with FreshDesk to track and allow us to respond to customer reviews, which we were previously doing through other logins and did not have side-by-side metrics for the iOS and Andriod users. This is great to compare the two platforms and keep everything in one place.

Cons

No dislikes so far. I'm very happy with the interface, simplicity, and detail of the information.

Response from AppFollow

Thank you for the review! Let us know if you need any help with Freshdesk integration.

Regards,
Olga

Catherine N.
Industry: Music

Saves my time and nerves

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

I use AppFollow everyday, as well as my team. Both tech and support teams are satisfied, and it's quite easy to share apps' data between them to see the whole picture. I look forward to seeing what new features they will add.

Pros

As a product manager, I strive to increase my apps' visibility across app stores. AppFollow gives me all apps' data and reports right on my email, and that's is such a time saver, when you have 4 apps. Last year we got to use Zendesk Reply to Reviews app for our support team, so that we can cover more user feedback from the stores. And I can see how our apps' rating grows.

Cons

I wish there would be more features for Zendesk app. They've recently added auto-tags, so I really hope we will now cover even more user reviews.

Response from AppFollow

Thank you, Catherine, for your review!

Sam L.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Awesome free tool... Wouldn't pay for it though

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

AppFollow is used by our mobile app company evaluating our app store metadata and keyword positions in both the Android and iOS app stores. We also have AppFollow integrated with Slack therefore we are able to get real-time app reviews on our product. Currently, only our marketing department uses AppFollow ASO research and tests. AppFollow for us addresses our all our app store needs from benchmarking against competitors to viewing our rankings in international markets, and integrating with other business apps and sending email detailed reports.

Pros

We don't check AppFollow every day. With that said, it's important for us to get daily and weekly reports from AppFollow about our ASO performance. You can easily check which reports you would like, how often, and where to in a matter of seconds.

Another key feature to AppFollow is their integrations. Being able to integrate AppFollow with Slack has been extremely helpful. With this integration, we are able to see reviews in real-time and respond to them right from Slack.

One of AppFollow's core features is their keyword rankings. With both our Android and iOS app I'm able to view the keyword and position of our app for that keyword. I'm also able to toggle the dates and see the history positioning. Not only is this available for US app stores but global app stores. This is extremely helpful when A/B testing.

Cons

I'm not sure if this is a feature or not, but it would be extremely helpful to be notified if one of our apps becomes featured in the app store. Essentially an alert to let us know to expect a ton of volume or a heads up not to send out a new build.

Even with the paid plans, you don't get many keywords. We were on the Essential plan for a few months but began to realize that we weren't getting that many keywords, only 3x more than the free plan. We decided to look into higher volume keyword tools because of this restriction.

Response from AppFollow

Hi Sam,
thanks for your feedback, happy to be helpful to your marketing team.

1. We do have alerts when your (or any) app is featured in the App Store. It is sent to your Slack or email one day before it happens.
2. All the plans are customisable, so you can request any number of keywords you'd like to track. If you could drop a message to our support team, they would be happy to show you options.

Regards,
Olga

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Petra H.
Industry: Internet

Must-have tool for app businesses

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

App metrics monitoring, competitors monitoring and isights

Pros

AppFollow gathers all important app metrics in one place and sends Slack alerts when critical changes happen. Simplifies my routine as there's no more need to manually gather and update reports.
When our competitors change something about their app or get featured we are also notified and take immediate action not to lose our users.

Cons

No cons actually, really helpful tool for app owners

Response from AppFollow

Happy you find it useful, Petra!

Industry: E-Learning
Company size: Self Employed

All in one dashboard

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/11/28

Pros

Very nice to be able to see your metrics all in one place. What gets measured gets improved and the insights are valuable.

Cons

I wish you got more keywords for the essential plan. Other than that a very useful tool and look forward to using it more.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Evan L.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Good Service For Convenience But Not Necessary

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Pros

It's got a great UI/UX that's very easy to use. On top of that, it makes it convenient to see all your data in one place in easy reports.

Cons

Its service is something your app should already be doing by itself with more robust software such as Appsee, Mixpanel, Appsflyer, or Branch and all the ASO work can be done by yourself with a little bit of knowledge.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10