Rhumbix

Time and materials tracking for construction businesses

Desmond R.

Almost ready software

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

The program has frozen on me several times, lost information that we've entered, taken me hours to complete instead of minutes, and made my record keeping far more difficult.

Pros

I understand the goal of the software and appreciate the interface. Rhumbix has a great color scheme and easy to follow layout. I haven't had any problems finding what reports I need to complete.

Cons

Rhumbix lacks several items that I feel would make it feel less like a 'beta' tester and more like a robust program. One of the main draw backs for me is the method of data entry. I only have 14 employees on my team, but I plan to double that. Entering time shouldn't be a chore! For a daily entry, You have to add each employee(There should be a group feature that allows me to add a group of employees, similar to a distribution list), add each cost code (items they worked on), then individually add hours.

To make entry a little more difficult, if I duplicate the previous day's input, Rhumbix scrambles the data and forces me to work harder to find the person I'm looking for.

Also, Rhumbix should freeze the top panel of employee codes so that as I scroll down, I can easily see where to put my information.

I did this same thing with an excel file that was done simply with drop-down menus.

Response from Rhumbix

Hey Desmond, sorry to hear we are falling a little short of your expectations for data entry. We want to make time entry easier not harder! I've passed along your feedback to the product team.

Valerie D.

Rhumbix with DPR

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Overall it's pretty good. A few minor things that I feel could be adjusted. But overall has really helped our jobsites.

Pros

I like the iPad use of it with the foremen. It's easy to learn. I had to take through them once and they got the gist of it. It's easy to learn.

Cons

So there are a few things on the laptop "website" side of things I would change / make it easier. Like in the "Daily View", when you add a new card and you have to add "Craft Worker" or "Cost Code", it is repetitive to "Add" every time you add someone new. It'd be nice to not have to click those same buttons and just add until "done". Same with adding numbers or foremen. It'd be nice to not have to do that repetitive process, and have the foremen's name pre-installed, with the option to change it. But not to add it every single time.

Great tool for field to track time

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

This helps generate time sheets quick. The lack of auto update to the current day has caused some discrepancies that were caught before finalizing time. But these are a quick edit using either the web or the mobile app. Overall a good app with a simple purpose.

Pros

It is fairly intuitive and easy for most foreman to start using with minimal instruction. Allows office to review whole job sites time very quickly.

Cons

Some functions of the web app do not flow, you can't move from one function straight into the next. When entering time, you have to click done after scrolling for straight time then add overtime in. When creating timesheets using the web app, it takes too many clicks generate a time sheet before entering time. Craft workers and cost codes can not be selected more than one at a time. Also, I cannot add notes of any type to a time sheet, so I can't add quantities to a foreman's time sheet if they forget too

Susan V.

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Re-entry of timesheets has been eliminated so we don't need as much overhead to process payroll weekly.

Pros

Completing a timesheet is much simpler now that it can be done from a phone, ipad or laptop.
The notes are a great tool to deal with some of the unexpected issues on timesheets like absences.
Quantity tracking also makes it useful for daily production tracking.

Cons

If many cost codes are involved, the search feature does not always work very well.
It would be nice if you could make a CC inactive once its complete to remove it from the drop down list.

Albert Z.

One Stop Shop

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Rhumbix is your one stop shop for organization of your time card, cost codes and daily reports. I use it on a daily basis and haven’t turn back! It has a section for feed back that I have abused in a good way! The customer support is amazing. They have taken my ideas, implemented them for use and simplified my life. A must have tool for any contractor!

Pros

- Organization
- Accurate time cards
- Daily reports
- Cost codes, reflect hours used on site.
- Great customer support

Cons

Daily report section could use a refresh to simply things.

Bruce M.

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

The future is here... One more thing that saves me time in a very busy day. Looking forward to utilizing the program more as i get more familiar with it.

Pros

Saves on having to fill out full time cards each payday, and it is very easy to add/remove employees.
I can also use the program to see how much time is being used or that is left on certain tasks.
Very handy, I almost exclusively use it on my Iphone.

Cons

I have to go back to my laptop to edit data that i have already entered.

Bill D.

Rhumbix makes my time card easy

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

Gets rid of a lot of paperwork that we really have to do for all the job titles job locations and hours and description of jobs that you do on a job

Pros

Very easy access to all my hours and job titles.

Cons

Sometimes you gotta add in your next day when he hit the reset it will not update to the next day

Response from Rhumbix

Hey Bill, glad you're finding it very easy to enter time into Rhumbix. Thanks for the feedback on next edits, we will pass it along to the development team.

Ben D.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

RMBX review

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

Pros

Very easy to use and understand. Especially being able to delete/edit time cards.

Cons

So far there is nothing that I dislike about this application.

Response from Rhumbix

Thanks for the glowing remarks.

Travis W.

Overall View

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Saves me tons of time daily

Pros

How user friendly it is for us out in the field.

Cons

Some of the updates really have trouble with the IPads. At times can be very flusterating.

Clark S.

Rhumbix review

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

When the shop updates if you job into Rhumbix I have to sign out and sign back in just to get the right job loaded.

Pros

How easy it is to use. Saves all of my time weekly and I really like the ability to duplicate.

Dee K.

Great!

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

Great! Rhumbix has been a great support and a great partner in getting this setup quick and was a true player in getting users trained quickly as well.

Pros

Easy to use and to train, even for the least tech savvy. Allows for timely entry remotely which has come in very handy!!

Cons

The ability of pdf reports. Majority of the issues we had, have worked out. Truly a solid solution for mobile time entry.

Barbara K.

Not intuitive at all

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

See above.
This s/w looks and performs like it was created by an accountant, not someone familiar with easy-to-use customer interfaces, such as those found in most apps. There are so many good models to follow, this is just not even close to what technology is available right now. I am not a fan. Bring in a good tech team and upgrade this asap.

Pros

The calendar is easy to search. That's about it.

Cons

There is so much duplicate entry involved! if I work the same hours to the same cost codes each and every week, there is no way to easily duplicate that. the process to duplicate requires going into each daily entry, duplicate, create the new date, save, then do again and again. I find myself repeatedly clicking to create something simple with multiple clicks and attempts. That's crazy . . . there should be an option to just repeat a whole week at a time.
Also the method to change a day from a regular work day to a sick or vacation day is not intuitive and takes too many strokes to accomplish. I end up looking into my past calendar to find a similar situation to just copy it, because filling out each of the various line options is way too time consuming.

Maurice C.

Moe says about Rhumbix

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Helps to keep hours organized to track cost codes and labour

Pros

The fact that I can email hours / directly summits; saving time;
Eliminates scanning; eliminates paperwork

Cons

No major issues..............................

Kevin K.

experience so far

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Good, still learning as we go and update

Pros

No papers flying around, not a tech person easy to learn and use

Cons

Its a bit finiky when signing not sure if its Rhumbix or the I pad

Stephen R.

Good features

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Pros

Good features with so many option to input.

Cons

So many things you have to click that it suppose to be easier.

Michael V.

Time Cards Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Pros

I find this easy to use once employees and cost codes have been set up. When having a crew working on the same cost code being able to select a group of workers and only entering hours once saves time. Weekly and daily viewing is a great feature.

Cons

Still lacks the option for expense reporting...

Response from Rhumbix

Michael, we love to hear you're saving time with Rhumbix. Thanks for the feedback/idea on expense reporting, I'll pass it along to the team.

Melissa E.

Rhumbix YaY or NaH?

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Pros

Pros: real time, easy to navigate, easy to setup and maintain, auto saves entries, user friendly, great search feature that allows you to search for projects multiple ways, cloud/on-line based, and great access ability (desktop, ipad, app).

Cons

Cons: reporting is very basic (not ideal for job costing), limited user roles (all or nothing), no export to PDF feature, and you can only view entries 1 week at a time.

Response from Rhumbix

Thanks for the great feedback, we'll pass it along to our development team.

Rachel U.

Rachel's Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

So far it has been a good experience.

Pros

You can keep time fairly easy. I also like that when you take a person off that they are not archived.

Cons

I did not like that when you duplicate the time card it moves all the people around. You put them on their in an order that the time comes in and when it moves the people around it is inconvenient.

Tyler C.

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

I like how it adds everything up for you and keeps it all sorted out

Pros

It’s easy to use it once you understand it I highly recommended it to everyone

Cons

At first it was a little hard to understand but after using it it got easy

Response from Rhumbix

Tyler, thanks for the high praise! We will continue to ensure our on boarding and adoption process support team's as they are getting up to speed.

Brian M.

rhumbix review

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

compare to excel spreadsheet (what I use to do timesheet with) it's much faster.

Pros

add time and cost code under multiple workers at the same time

Cons

- should only see electrical workers
- not able to add comments. when a worker gets paid foreman rate for a day or two would be nice to have the option either add a comment or change the rate

Victor N.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Vic’s Rhumbix review

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

Pros

I like the simplicity and the user interface as well the tacking capabilities.

Cons

Navigation can sometimes be a little difficult until you become familiar I found making notes for payroll such as sick employees and absenteeism a bit awkward.

Response from Rhumbix

Thanks for the feedback on entering notes, we'll pass it along to our development team.

Dan M.

Reviewed on 2019/03/16

Pros

Tracking large numbers of cost codes enables me to manage my job hrs and stay on track. The daily time cards eliminate potential confusion when it comes time to submit them in the traditional way.

Cons

After getting a tutorial on Rhumbix I can’t think of any cons!

Robert F.

Not Happy

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

I am very displeased with Rhumbix and I've requested our shop not to use it.

Pros

There are no Pros to me. I have nothing positive to say.

Cons

The software has glitches. It locks up, won't upload the time and I've had to delete and upload the App at least once a week to complete my time cards.

Michael C.

Supervisor

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

So far pretty good but still learning

Pros

If a mistake is made you can always reset. Can basically go and do your work anywhere anytime.

Cons

When you reset you have do redo all of your info.

George N.

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

I realized I liked "NUMBERS" much better.

Pros

The thing I like about Rhumbix is that it is very simple to use.

Cons

That it is so simple. Rhumbix limits the way you can track and record past labor history. For example when your on a job that is budgeted you need to be able to go back a few months to see if mistakes were made. Also the person ultimatly responsible for the budget can not review or edit your task codes and allotted hours. The forced update on Friday 15 minutes before quitting time was also a wonderful surprise💩