Rhumbix

Time and materials tracking for construction businesses

4,1
3,9
3,8
3,9
4,2
Richard R.

Rhumbix

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Our ability to track the labor our projects and improve our tendencies is fantastic

Pros

I initially liked the most that the customer service staff was always available to work through issues and customizations for the product. It seems as they've gotten larger they are more focused on the masses of their product which is understandable but would like implientations to not be sacrificed as much.

Cons

It seems as though a lot of their updates are pushed through without proper beta testing and there ends up being a lot of obvious bugs. I also feel like there is a tendency to fix what isn't broke which causes a lot of customer frustration having to constantly adjust to a "new" program.

Melissa E.

Reviewed on 2020/03/05

Overall my experience with Rhumbix has been good way better than our previous time keeping software About Time. I really like the ease of entering projects, the ability to customize, sync between the accounting software, and the fact it is accessible anywhere at anytime. Realistically with any software there will be things that are not so great but for me the only con that sticks out is the lack of auto save.

Pros

There are a lot of pros to using Rhubmix for your time tracking software. The key features I really like about Rhumbix are it is cloud based so you can access the software via an app or on a desktop computer, it is user friendly, customizable for your specific company, and it has the ability to automatically sync to and from your accounting software. If you do not have a sync feature it is still very easy to setup/manage projects in Rhumbix.

Cons

There are a few cons to Rhumbix I have noticed since it has been implemented with our company such as the user roles are kind of an all or nothing, when an update is rolled out it seems to cause issues with parts of the software that previously didn't have issue, and after the new issue is identified it takes some time to get fixed, exporting data from Rhubmix is easy but looks terrible and is kind of hard to follow. Lastly, it does have an auto save feature which can get really frustrating.

Desmond R.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Almost ready software

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

The program has frozen on me several times, lost information that we've entered, taken me hours to complete instead of minutes, and made my record keeping far more difficult.

Pros

I understand the goal of the software and appreciate the interface. Rhumbix has a great color scheme and easy to follow layout. I haven't had any problems finding what reports I need to complete.

Cons

Rhumbix lacks several items that I feel would make it feel less like a 'beta' tester and more like a robust program. One of the main draw backs for me is the method of data entry. I only have 14 employees on my team, but I plan to double that. Entering time shouldn't be a chore! For a daily entry, You have to add each employee(There should be a group feature that allows me to add a group of employees, similar to a distribution list), add each cost code (items they worked on), then individually add hours.

To make entry a little more difficult, if I duplicate the previous day's input, Rhumbix scrambles the data and forces me to work harder to find the person I'm looking for.

Also, Rhumbix should freeze the top panel of employee codes so that as I scroll down, I can easily see where to put my information.

I did this same thing with an excel file that was done simply with drop-down menus.

Response from Rhumbix

Hey Desmond, sorry to hear we are falling a little short of your expectations for data entry. We want to make time entry easier not harder! I've passed along your feedback to the product team.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

William D.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Rhumbix review

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Rhumbix assists in verifying hours charged to jobs both to projects managers as well as to general contractors who often question the hours charged and rates charged, i.e. journeymen, apprentices.

Pros

Provides a daily and weekly snapshot of employees hours. The drop down for each employee which shows the breakout of hours for each project worked on, is very helpful for reviewing productivity.

Cons

there seems to be a lot of clicking onto "SAVE", "Save" to retain info. If I forget to hit SAVE and then Save again, the hours do not record. I find myself at times re-doing a days time sheets.

Response from Rhumbix

We are sorry to hear about the issues with the save button, we will look into what is going on there.

Cameron N.

Cameron Nickerson's review

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Overall the experience with Rhumbix is good. I know for field management it is very good for being able to see all of the workers and walk them through all of the functions that it can do. If they could add a section for how much material they put in and where that would be fantastic.

Pros

The Ipad and Iphone functionality of this program is incredibly smooth. It is very easy to input your time. The only thing I would add is maybe an option to say who the person was working with or if you can input the amount of material installed or something of that nature.

Cons

The website version seems to crash often and isn't as smooth as the ipad version. Also not having permission can sometimes be an issue if I went to work on another project and need to get transfered.

Response from Rhumbix

Sounds like your field is loving the Rhumbix application. We continue to work on making the web version more robust.

Patrick S.

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

The ability to get an overview of the entire companies time has helped reduce errors in payroll. We will have employees that may work on several different projects over a week and with Rhumbix you can verify the payroll will be correct.

Pros

I like the ability to look at the project budget and use the cost code tracking tool on the dashboard is my favorite feature. The ability to see the status of a project in man hours and production units helps keep the project on time and budget.

Cons

That the cost codes you use on timekeeping are not the only cost codes to choose from when you have to fill out equipment tracking. You should not have to search all of the cost codes again and there is no description by the cost code in the equipment tracking drop-down lists. The other thing is the formatting of the drop-down lists. The light grey background with the dark grey font is very difficult to read.

Valerie D.

Rhumbix with DPR

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Overall it's pretty good. A few minor things that I feel could be adjusted. But overall has really helped our jobsites.

Pros

I like the iPad use of it with the foremen. It's easy to learn. I had to take through them once and they got the gist of it. It's easy to learn.

Cons

So there are a few things on the laptop "website" side of things I would change / make it easier. Like in the "Daily View", when you add a new card and you have to add "Craft Worker" or "Cost Code", it is repetitive to "Add" every time you add someone new. It'd be nice to not have to click those same buttons and just add until "done". Same with adding numbers or foremen. It'd be nice to not have to do that repetitive process, and have the foremen's name pre-installed, with the option to change it. But not to add it every single time.

Bill D.
Industry: Construction

Rhumbix makes my time card easy

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

Gets rid of a lot of paperwork that we really have to do for all the job titles job locations and hours and description of jobs that you do on a job

Pros

Very easy access to all my hours and job titles.

Cons

Sometimes you gotta add in your next day when he hit the reset it will not update to the next day

Response from Rhumbix

Hey Bill, glad you're finding it very easy to enter time into Rhumbix. Thanks for the feedback on next edits, we will pass it along to the development team.

Dee K.

Great!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/03/26

Great! Rhumbix has been a great support and a great partner in getting this setup quick and was a true player in getting users trained quickly as well.

Pros

Easy to use and to train, even for the least tech savvy. Allows for timely entry remotely which has come in very handy!!

Cons

The ability of pdf reports. Majority of the issues we had, have worked out. Truly a solid solution for mobile time entry.

Aspen S.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Moving into the 21st century for payroll

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

Pros

It replaces the incredibly clunky excel system and I am grateful for that. I like that you can filter down codes and workers to just the ones relevant to you, while having all the company's codes and workers available. I like that it's highly functional on both phone and laptop- it doesn't feel like it was designed for one and then adapted as an afterthought for the other.

Cons

It hangs up often and refuses to save. I don't like that I can't use the "notes" function on my Microsoft Surface- just on my phone- and that I can't attach notes to particular codes. I would like to be able to put a note- like "this work was for change order number 5" or something- to a particular set of hours by a particular worker.

Response from Rhumbix

Glad to hear Rhumbix helped your company move off a clunky Excel process. Thanks for the feedback on the notes function and saving issues, we'll pass it along to the development team.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Industry: Construction

Great tool for field to track time

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

This helps generate time sheets quick. The lack of auto update to the current day has caused some discrepancies that were caught before finalizing time. But these are a quick edit using either the web or the mobile app. Overall a good app with a simple purpose.

Pros

It is fairly intuitive and easy for most foreman to start using with minimal instruction. Allows office to review whole job sites time very quickly.

Cons

Some functions of the web app do not flow, you can't move from one function straight into the next. When entering time, you have to click done after scrolling for straight time then add overtime in. When creating timesheets using the web app, it takes too many clicks generate a time sheet before entering time. Craft workers and cost codes can not be selected more than one at a time. Also, I cannot add notes of any type to a time sheet, so I can't add quantities to a foreman's time sheet if they forget too

Derek R.

Rhumbix Review - Labor Management

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Once you run through it a few times, it's quite easy to use from a functional standpoint. In my case, where I deal with all the project sites, it can get confusing when dealing with multiple cost codes as some are labeled the same but with different project numbers. I would like to be able to enter times through the internet portal/interface the same way I do through the app. Having a report or view to see employees times by project would be beneficial when managing labor for multiple projects.

Pros

The software is transparent for the user.

Cons

When updating or restarting, you lose all of your Project and Cost Codes. No Android interface. Internet portal/interface can only see time entered and edit said times; you can't enter new times, projects, or cost codes. If entering multiple times on multiple projects you have to remember which cost code is which since the project title isn't listed. Can't see weekly time form a project view.

Response from Rhumbix

Hey Derek, we hope the added transparency is helping you work smarter at Turner. happy to share we recently launched Rhumbix for Android. Thanks for the great feedback on your experience, we will pass it along.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Michelle F.

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

As a whole, Rhumbix by far is the most comprehensive time keeping software we have used. Our field took to this with little resistance as it allows for more efficient time input on a daily basis per crew. We have tried a few other time keeping apps, but they would not let us customize it the way we needed. The Rhumbix team has worked with us to create exactly what we need including integration with our accounting software, Sage. The ease of integration is also a plus.

Pros

Ease of use for our field personnel via iPads. We have a lot of different codes that our field team uses to properly track each type of task and this makes it very easy for them to do that.

Cons

Our office staff has a slightly less easy time inputting their time. The wed based application is not as user friendly as on the iPad and most of our office staff do not have iPads.

Response from Rhumbix

That's great to hear your field readily adopted the application and found it easy to enter time. We continue to work on making the web application more robust.

Fritz P.

Moder Niagara

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Time entering is simple and fast..... as long as the app has not updated then I need to start from scratch. Like I said as long as payroll is good then my minor issue takes a back seat

Pros

As long as the payroll department is happy them I’m happy. If it saves them mental stress its all good

Cons

I do not like that I can see other trades cost codes. Also the order in which cost codes appear when multiple jobs are open is not the greatest. Especially if the cost code is the same but the project number is different and both codes appear next to each other.

Marcello R.

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

I really enjoy how easily it has made doing timesheets and the countless time it has saved me.

Pros

It saves time when doing timesheets and easy to review hours and make changes

Cons

It took a while to navigate to figure out to make a correction to a timesheet once in putted. Also accidentally double hours on worker when I tried to correct it. I eventually corrected it when I reviewed hours worked for the day.
It would be a good feature to be able to take a pic of persons parking and have it attacked to their time.

Response from Rhumbix

Sounds like entering time for your workers is a much easier process with Rhumbix. Thanks for the feedback on navigation, I'll pass it along to our development team.

Dustin T.

Way of the Future

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

My overall experience has been very good. If/when there are issues they are very quick to take care of the problem and continue to improve on Rhumbix. I highly recommend this software for any company, large or small.

Pros

Rhumbix is very accessible and fairly easy to use. I like that it is internet based so I can fill it out anywhere. It is also easy to edit if needed. I haven't had the need to download the App yet, but I'm glad there is one available.

Cons

I used to be very slow and lagged a lot but there were some updates that made it faster and hardly any lag now. As long as it doesn't slow down and start lagging again I can't think of any cons.

Kelly L.

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Rhumbix is more user friendly for our field employees, which is a major benefit. I like the cost code accrual report but dislike how I can't export it into a pdf. Overall it's an above average experience.

Pros

It suits my needs and easy to understand.

Cons

Some areas are a little confusing and may be too complex for our older employees. Every once in a while, there's a glitch with something. If I scroll/click too fast, the website freezes (not sure if it's Rhumbix or our server). It may be a bit too detailed on the weekly view side such as the required fields for adding a note. Not being able to change the overall status for an employee is frustrating (when it shows multiple statuses) because I need to change the odd one. I don't like how the cost code accrual report doesn't show a job number.

Neil B.

New look

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Overall experience with Rhumbix has been positive, customer service is impeccable.
This system has helped reduce office paper work. Electronic filing is a breeze.

Pros

Over all I Like the new look, some what easy to use. Foremen still have questions on how to use certain features which is easily explained.

Cons

Cannot divide hours among multiple task codes, this is a problem.

Nicky H.
Industry: Construction

Overall a good product, needs some improvements

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

Overall I am happy with our experience with Rhumbix. I think for the price it would be able to do more that I want it to do.

Pros

I like that it is easy to import the time to our accounting software. It is fairly easy to make corrections and enter time.

Cons

I do not like the limited parameters on certain features. The fact that it only reads from particular cells in our accounting software. I do not like that time can be entered on jobs that are closed, this creates a lot of problems. I cannot remove team members from projects. I wish that the default job on weekly view would be "All Projects". Under the time entry view I would like it to say the job name not the cost code name.

Jackie K.
Industry: Construction

Rhumbix is a Game Changer!

Reviewed on 2019/03/07

The Rhumbix Team listened to our companies needs and worked diligently to create a file that would successfully import into our payroll / accounting system. By using Rhumbix, we reduced the amount of time it takes to perform payroll by DAYS!

The program is very user friendly, our team was up and running the first week without any issues (both the field staff inputting the time and the office staff exporting the time)

I cannot speak highly enough of their customer service or the entire Rhumbix Team.

Pros

The amount of time Rhumbix has saved us in completing our payroll input process. This along with the accuracy of the data being input into our job cost / accounting software. It completely removes the possibility of clerical input error. Other companies claimed they could create the import file, but Rhumbix was the only company that actually could!

Cons

Reporting, there needs to be reporting functions. This is something that is necessary.

Response from Rhumbix

Jackie, wow your results on Rhumbix are incredible, we're glad to hear you found value in the software so quickly. More comprehensive reporting is on our roadmap, stay tuned!

Bob S.

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

The Edit process did not exist at first, we had to get administrator to do changes.

Pros

Learning curve is fairly easy, you can input time for multiple employees that are working on the same code.

Cons

When your inputting time for an employee, you can’t do the whole days work all at once if you have multiple codes you have to save change for each code

Allen H.

Forman

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

Keeps track of time which is instantly relayed to management

Pros

You don’t have to hand write any time or equipment

Cons

Entering equipment is hard when you use multiple pieces on multiple jobs

Response from Rhumbix

Glad to hear you're enjoy a digital solution for time and equipment tracking. Thanks for the feedback around equipment, I'll pass it along to our development team.

Michael A.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Almost perfect!!

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Pros

The ability to keep track of my hours and progress easily. I also like how easy it is to submit my time cards!

Cons

I dislike every time the app dose an update, I have to renter all my cost codes and and works. When you have a large crew and are using a lot of different cost codes, this can be a huge inconvenience!

Response from Rhumbix

It's great to hear you're able to easily submit time cards with Rhumbix. Thanks for the feedback about the updates, we are working to make updates more seamless.

David P.

Why it works

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

Hours reflected are up to date daily!

Pros

All imputs are viewable for others to view.
We are able to view and edit.
Able to document all actions including pictures.

Cons

Job names need job numbers associated with them for users to identify.
Currently is not set up this way. Very inconvenient.

Brooke D.

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Overall, the switch to Rhumbix from a paper timesheet procedure has been smooth and easy. It has drastically cut down the administration time required for our payroll processes. It has been easy to get even the less tech-savvy of our field staff on board.

Pros

Time entry is easy for field staff, which makes getting time to payroll much faster. I like the accessibility of being able to go back over past periods to view time. I like the daily and weekly views for easy reviewing of time. Exports work fairly seamlessly so uploading time is easy.

Cons

I would like some pdf printable payroll reports. For example being to print a pdf report of an employees daily, weekly or time-period specific by job, or total hours.
Field staff are somehow able to double up 2 days time into one, resulting in for example, 16 hours in one day. Some thing to prevent this happening would be helpful, as I then have to get them to go back and fix the time. Maybe some sort of alert or special authorization.