CalendarWiz Reviews

CalendarWiz

Online calendar & meeting room booking system

Suzan

Managing a large church

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

We switched to CalendarWiz in 2016 after our reception hall was doubled booked during the busy summer wedding season! Every staff member has their own account and the CalendarWiz entry tabs walk them through picking a room, setting a category, and leaving requests for the custodian (need extra chairs, etc.). We use the categories and the upcoming events widget to create customized calendars for things like music rehearsals. We recently updated our website and in just a few minutes I was able to change the calendar to the new colors. Best compliment came from a new member of the webteam - I never realized that the calendar wasn't from the website vendor!

Pros

Resource Conflict Management
Multiple Logins
Integration into our Website
Adding Events

Cons

Number of setup options can be overwhelming but the defaults are well thought out and there are plenty of help options.

Sarah
  • Industry: Libraries

Great Calendar

Reviewed on 2022/03/23

Overall CalendarWiz has been a great addition to our Library Website!

Overall CalendarWiz has been a great addition to our Library Website!

Pros

This product is easy to use and easy to update. I love that I can duplicate past events that happen annually, it makes updating the calendar a breeze! I also love that you can change the colour of the event titles.

It is also great that we can have a private calendar for staff only, to arrange work schedules.

Cons

The way images are added to the description could be made a little easier. There are just a lot of steps to add an image.

Coleen Richardson
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

CalendarWiz - calendaring made EASY!

Reviewed on 2024/02/22

I like that they understand the need to keep businesses up and running.
On a recent occasion, when...

I like that they understand the need to keep businesses up and running.
On a recent occasion, when our company payment method was compromised, Calendar Wiz support team granted continued access to the product. We were grateful that we did not have any down time.

Pros

Customer support is accessible and very responsive.

Cons

I do not have any dislikes with the features and options available for this product.

Vanessa
  • Used for Free Trial

Not the best

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

I liked how the calendar for the next few years are there.

Cons

Hard to actually use, theres no instructions. Takes time to figure out how to function.

Carol
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

So easy a Grandmother can set it up for other Grandmothers to use

Reviewed on 2023/06/13

My experience could not have been more pleasant.

My experience could not have been more pleasant.

Pros

It was so easy to set up and I like the features like categories for daytime classes, overnight stays, etc.

Cons

Can't think of what I dislike. Customer service was excellent the only time I needed it. Setting up and using the calendar was truly one of the easiest parts of my operation.

Janet
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Easy Calendar to Build, Maintain, Access by Anyone (admins & Users)

Reviewed on 2022/12/14

Right from the beginning during the trial version, I was so impressed with how easy it was to start building events, individual and in series. The customizing with our brand was simple. The calendar is so clean and easy for users to access and stay on track. I fell in love. When I contacted support, they replied quickly and efficiently. I highly recommend this program to anyone looking for a way to keep everyone up with events!

Pros

Not complicated. First off the ease of creating the calendar, the customizing including built in link option to locations so users can click the link and be taken to the online map. The weather option is a cool bonus that everyone when we spoke about it said "get out". From here I could go one but this is the "most".

Cons

I would love to see more accent options. Maybe in the way of different bullet shapes with colors, ability to designate a color in the entire calendar day square rather than a banner head

monday.com and Google Calendar

Reasons for Switching to CalendarWiz

I was looking for a program to simply post our events so users could go and quickly see what, when and where events are taking place. Just mainly event management. The others I found were emphasizing a program for team collaboration on projects and tasks.
Beckie
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

CalendarWiz Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

Please see above.

Please see above.

Pros

The CalendarWiz software had everything we were looking for. With over 90 enterprise radiology residents and approximately 40 enterprise radiology fellows presenting multiple daily educational conferences, we needed a calendar that was capable of displaying and managing multiple categories for multiple event types in multiple locations. In addition to Education, the enterprise department of Radiology hosts many other daily and monthly events across multiple campus locations (Arizona, Florida, multiple Mayo Clinic Healthy Systems and Minnesota). Setting up color coded event categories allows our users to design their own calendar view based on the events they want to see, and subscribe to email reminders. Other features we love are iCal, RSS Feeds, Mobile App, etc. The Mini Calendar option fits nicely into our multiple website widgets (WordPress) where we display all current day conferences. The Mini Calendar also offers a quick link to the full calendar view. You can also add additional calendars. Calendar managers are assigned to manage multiple events for multiple locations.

CalendarWiz is designed to handle users groups as small as 5 to users groups as large as ours, which is 2600; and more if needed.

Support is a click away. There is a "Help" button on all Admin pages with a huge Knowledge Base, and if needed, they are an email away.

Cons

Nothing. We have used this software for many years and love it.

Marguerite
  • Industry: Entertainment

Love CalendarWiz

Reviewed on 2023/11/11

An absolute stellar experience using this program.

An absolute stellar experience using this program.

Pros

CalendarWiz's ease of use is so unusual in a software program. It is so easy to customize and manipulate according to my business needs. I have been using it for many years and have never had a problem- a true stand out in today's world.

Cons

There are no cons. So far I have had no problems whatsoever.

Jennie

Great Calendar Solution!

Reviewed on 2023/10/13

Pros

CalendarWiz has solved our calendar woes! We have multiple calendars used by various groups in our church/school organization. We needed a one stop place so users could view all or specific calendars. The filter option makes this a breeze. This application allows us to streamline everything so our organization is all on the same page! We are just getting started, but I can't wait to implement all of the great features available. Beyond the product itself, the customer service has been unbelievable. I have dealt with tech companies for 25 years and I have never seen such great customer support.

Cons

I can't give you any cons. All of the features we have needed are available. The product is very easy to use and implement!

great customer servie

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Pros

great customer service . quick to reply and follow through with requests.

Cons

when you send a calendar evite to sharon and then i need to change sharon's name to carrie along with the email address , when the email is resent it has the first name still on it. staff tells me that i sent them the wrong email because of the name

Richard
  • Industry: Sports

Perfect solution for our Bicycling Communitee

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

We've been using the Calendar for about 4 years to keep our community of riders up to date on our rides. This includes information about the rides, the location, the time, the distance. Being a vacation destination, visitors can search for Myrtle Beach Cycling and find our page and then the calendar. Riders from all over have joined us on rides because they checked the calendar. The links to weather and the map are great for getting information for where to meet up and what to wear for the ride.

Pros

It is easy to setup and manage. People can find information about our rides quickly and easily. With the Map and Weather links it is PERFECT for a cycling community.The "Suggest Event" link is just what we need for group leaders to add new rides to the calendar. Creating "Locations" makes it so easy for me to add new rides without having to readd information.

Cons

I really can't think of any, except if I could change the "Suggest Event" name to "Add Ride to Calendar."

Response from CalendarWiz

Good news, you can customize your Suggest Event button text to anything you want. Go to the Suggest Event Setup tab and scroll to the "Menu Bar Button Text" to insert your "Add Ride to Calendar" button text > Save. Thank you for your review!

Annie
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Use for Parish-wide Calendar

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Our overall experience thus far has been fantastic. Our previous parish calendar was old and one day just wasn't there. Our IS website team was able to retrieve all the information and we were able to submit that to CalenderWiz tech support who walked me through, step by step, what needed to be done and within a couple of days we were functioning again. It was almost a blessing that our old calendar quit operating as we feel this new calendar with CalendarWiz is an answer to prayers - it does everything our old calendar did, is easier to work with, and will do so much more! Thank you.

Pros

The software is very user-friendly; looks great and is easy to read. Many options we haven't even begun to explore. Mobile calendar is phenomenal and easy to use; love the feature that you can download an event on the calendar to your own personal calendar.

Cons

So far the only thing that is a con for me is that when importing recurring events it doesn't bring the recurring feature over. But when entering as a new event with recurring meetings, it will populate as recurring.

Response from CalendarWiz

Hi Annie,
Thank you for your kind words and your review. We find that churches like yours make great use of feature set and grateful to work with wonderful customers like you!

Just in case other churches are reading this post, here's a link to CalendarWiz success guide for churches:

George
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Finally! Calendar Software that meets our needs.

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

Moving away from pen to paper scheduling. The email design feature for invitations, reminders & announcements will generate add on services. This software will pay for itself. We booked a $699.00 Soft Wash for 2020 simply because our client seen the service in the reminder footer of the email. Good Stuff!

Pros

As a higher volume window/surface cleaning company, we have been searching for a few years to find a calendar software that checks all the boxes. This is it! Easy to use, affordable, along with great customer support. A big shout out to our rep for answering all our questions and going above and beyond to get us up and running. The locations feature, along with the color coded legend simplified our scheduling and has eliminated some other unnecessary processes. Our customers are loving the email reminders. The email design feature for invitations, reminders & announcements will keep us in touch with our client base in real time. Simply speaking, this software will pay for itself.
Thanks CalendarWiz!

Cons

We've only been using for a short period, at this point there is honestly nothing we don't like.

Booker and Jobber

Reasons for Switching to CalendarWiz

CW checked all the boxes for us.
Jean
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Checked off all the boxes!

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

I searched for just the right calendar platform. It needed to look good, be user-friendly, allow us to manage our many buildings, rooms and spaces for events and meetings. CalendarWiz checked off all the boxes.

Pros

Customizable
Integrates well within our website
Allows the scheduling of rooms and events
Many features
Customer Support is excellent

Cons

You cannot enter multiple times for the same event title in the same day without starting a new event entry. Not a deal breaker though.

Response from CalendarWiz

Hi Jean,

Good news, our Development Team is working on a setup/clean up time feature. This new option will allow you to add ONE event that includes an event's actual time as well as add a setup and clean up times associated with that event.

Website calendar visitors will see only the actual event time while logged in users/admins can view the setup and clean up times. Thank you for your feedback! We'll be in touch as soon as this option is available.

Alanna
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Travel Calendar

Reviewed on 2019/04/21

Our 80 regional team members travel on a weekly basis, 52 weeks a year. I wanted a way to upgrade to a calendar platform that everyone could access easily, and as an administrator I could update users effortlessly. I piloted multiple platforms and found that CalendarWiz was the most user friendly. Now, our regional team members can update their travel schedules on the go and everyone can access the information in real time. As the Director of Travel Services, it has saved me a significant amount of time in manual input and when scheduling meetings/events. The cherry on top is the amazing customer service. I have always received such quick responses from the CalendarWiz team. I'm thankful to have found this platform!

Pros

It's great to see all employees travel in one spot, in real time. Very easy platform. Also, love the customer service, they always respond right away.

Cons

Since it is not specifically a travel calendar, certain words do not pertain to our usage. Ex: Title of Event, we use as individual user name. So I just had to educate your employees on what to put in specific text boxes.

Josie

Excellent for Shared Calendar Needs!!!

Reviewed on 2022/05/23

I am very happy with my experience, for 5 years now!

I am very happy with my experience, for 5 years now!

Pros

Very user-friendly, easy to schedule, easy to import data.

Cons

It would be great if, when SEARCHING, that the dates would show from the 1st of the month to the last day of the same month. Also, as mentioned previously, it would be convenient if I could invite ANY person/email rather than only calendar users.

Sven
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

It just keeps getting better.

Reviewed on 2019/10/30

A lot of churches use a free product and sometimes our board asks us about moving to such. But Calendar Wiz is worth so much to our small organization. It allows staff and volunteers to schedule things, sends out reminders automatically, and now even allows us to share on our social media platforms with just a click. With a small staff, it does a lot of the work for us.
Additionally, their support team is awesome. When we have a problem, they are quick to respond, get things resolved and even suggest tips that might be of use.

Pros

The functionality and customer support are great.

Cons

We can't get it loaded on our webpage - an issue with our web provider, not CalendarWiz.

Vicky

Thank you, CalendarWiz!

Reviewed on 2022/07/07

We continue to enjoy great relationship with CalendarWiz and support this product completely!

Pros

Our church has used CalendarWiz since 2009; never had a problem! All features very easy to use and/or format for individual needs. Rarely asked for support, but, when asked, we get immediate response and suggestions for our church site. Being able to easily advertise events is wonderful! Being able to notate between general, meeting and staff bookings are great! Overall, great product!

Cons

We have no negative comments about product!

Michele
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Tourist at a glance county events

Reviewed on 2022/03/17

Absolutely amazing support. Always prompt and extremely professional. Have been patient with my learning curve(s) and offered help/suggestions for any issues encountered. High praises to the support team....job well done.

Pros

Ease of use. Ability to imbed calendar on website. Accessed by others to submit events.

Cons

When a event is suggested by someone other than the authorized users, they are not able to submit pics or select a range of dates. This means they have to submit for each day and I then have to add pics once they are emailed and saved. Adds a few more steps to the process.

Timothy
  • Industry: Entertainment

Gentle Guide loves CalendarWiz

Reviewed on 2022/05/04

Painless. And considering other software that I’ve tried for this, that’s saying A LOT!!! Will always recommend. Changed my entire system when I found this, and better off for it. OH, and the support team is GREAT! Quick, easy, and responsive!!

Pros

Quick, easy, set up my whole year in a week and left room for updates and more. Love this software.

Cons

Whatever difficulties I had initially were my own, and quickly and easily solved with the support team from CalendarWiz. I’d used this a couple years ago, before the pandemic, and then had to walk away for awhile until my needs were more current. They kept everything active for me, and I jumped right back in where I was, with their help.

Travis
  • Industry: Online Media

Awesome for organizing!

Reviewed on 2019/09/07

My overall experience has been great. It has made managing stuff to do much easier.

Pros

I like everything that CalendarWiz has to offer. I like being able to share my calendars to my desktop and mobile whenever I want to. They have flexible pricing which is always great. They have great features like public and private calendars, preventing double booking, and invites with RSVP among many others.

Cons

There is not a single thing I don't like about CalendarWiz. Its great and everyone should try it. Anyone that has not tried this yet should because they have nothing to lose. They will be pleased if they try CalendarWiz.

Richard

Why I chose CalendarWiz.

Reviewed on 2022/09/21

Easy to use. Printouts are perfect.

Easy to use. Printouts are perfect.

Pros

The simplicity and full monthly view of details is AWESOME!

Cons

I am currently a single user. I bought it many years ago when I managed a small company. I wish there was a lower price for a single user.

Marie

CalendarWiz

Reviewed on 2022/09/28

I am very happy with CalendarWiz. It does almost everything I need it for.

I am very happy with CalendarWiz. It does almost everything I need it for.

Pros

The software is easy to use. Everyone can see the calendar or you can print it out. It will let you know if you are trying to book a room and it has already been booked. You can also color code your categories to help make events pop out.

Cons

There is no way to just print a calendar for one organization or event. (like the boys basketball schedule). I like to give each organization a copy of just their own schedule for them to use.

Bill

This calendar is genius!

Reviewed on 2022/09/30

It's been superb!

It's been superb!

Pros

Set-up was fairly easy. The color coding capabilities set this software apart from the others. Plus, ALL your events appear instead of just a couple, followed by a tiny arrow in the bottom corner of each date. It's everything we need it to be. For that, it's a bargain!

Cons

Probably wouldn't hurt to allow more administrators. We're a school of 400+ employees. As you can guess, everyone thinks they should be an administrator.

Krista

Used CalendarWiz for more than 8 years!

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

Our organization works with many animal shelters, rescue groups, and other organizations, and we have maintained a courtesy calendar of animal-related NYC events on our website for many years. Managing and displaying all of this info got so much easier when we discovered CalendarWiz in 2011!

Pros

I love the flexibility of being able to use the calendar in many different ways, including choosing to show only one type of event, or being able to embed customized calendars in different ways on websites. Being able to create, update, and use a list of event locations is also a great time-saver.

Cons

I can't think of any cons at the moment. Over the 8 years my organization has been using CalendarWiz, it has been consistently improving, with issues being fixed and features added.