SalonBuilder

Online booking, marketing, & websites for salons and spas

Amanda A.

Website Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

I have always had good experience. If there are any technical problems the company takes care of it right away. Overall it's good for us, as we don't have to worry about anything.

Pros

It's easy to use, I can redesign the website myself, since it's template based. If I need help the customer support is always available. I's real time changes.

Cons

I wish the cost was lower. The cost seems just a little high.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Thanks for the feedback Amanda. We are so happy we have been able to help whenever you needed assistance and that your experience with building and maintaining your site has been easy.

Sorry you feel like the cost is too high...I will have someone reach out to you to make sure you are aware of all the great features that are included with your membership... (client management, booking calendar, promotions and offers, email blasts, clients alerts via texting, free employment listings on SalonEmployment.com, and much more) If you utilize all these systems you should more then make up the cost of your membership with increased sales and bookings each month.

Patricia H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

SalonBuilder Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

Gives us feedback with great reports on who what and where

Pros

I can change the look in a matter of seconds for the holidays

Cons

I do not care for some of the pictures for use on my website. I thought they could be better

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Hi Patricia, thanks for the review!

We do our best to provide a variety of imagery for all Beauty Industry businesses, but we know that everyone has unique style which is why all the imagery is changeable. All you need to do is upload your own photos which you can take yourself or download from a stock photo site for a few dollars each. We will continue to expand our photo library as often as possible to give everyone a lot of choices of professional beauty imagery.

Having the ability to change your design in seconds and have all your information and photos move to the new template is one of the ways you can keep your site fresh and up to date. Glad you use our seasonal designs to bring some holiday spirit to your online presence.

Brandon B.

Salon Builder Software review

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

Having the site has helped us build a lot of new referrals with both google adwords and facebook ads. We link the ads to our website and it helps get new clients to make appointments.

Pros

We use it for our website, I like the fact that you can easily change the templates and not have to make alot of edits and it lets you easily import your own photos to post.

Cons

I don't like the way it makes some of the photos so small on the site, it is not that easy to change where photos show up on the pages.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Thanks for the review Brandon. We love hearing that SalonBuilder has helped build your clientele and increase bookings. You might want to try out one of the newer designs that have larger images available on each page.

Kelly H.
  • Industry: Design

Salon builder review.

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Pros

Easy to use. Targeted for hair dressers\ Barbers.

Cons

I have not had a problem. I can't think of anything I do not like.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Thanks Kelly! We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your experience.

Catherine G.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

I've been with Salon Builder for probably 10 years.

Reviewed on 2019/05/19

Client find me when they are searching for hair colorists.

Pros

It brings me business at a super reasonable cost.

Cons

I sometimes have trouble editing, and have had to call for support, but worked out just fine for me.

Renee A.

Easy to Navigate

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

Pros

The software is easy to set up. Very user friendly

Cons

Would like more stock pictures and more selections.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Hi Renee, We are so glad you had a good experience getting everything setup for your business. Our library of stock photos is definitely heavy on the salon and spa imagery and we could use additional tanning photos. We will make sure that our next photo upload includes graphics that fit your business. Also, keep in mind you can customize all the photos by uploading your own or using stock photos which only cost a few dollars each when purchased for the web.

Liza K.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Best ever

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

They go above and beyond!! They are always available to talk and they are great at answering questions. They truly care about their customers highly recommend!
Liza of Salon Above by Liza

Pros

It’s easy to use and I like the control I have to adjust things as needed

Cons

Paying for each add on service separately

Christine C.

Dana Lauren Salon Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

i like how easy it is to set up/modify my site

Pros

I like how easy it is to design your salonbuilder website with the dashboard

Cons

i think the design of the website could be more modern.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Hi Dana, Thank you for your feedback. Having easy to use management tools is one of our top priorities so its great to hear that you have had a good experience designing your site.

In the past few months we launched 18 new, modern, Responsive Designs and converted 12 of our most popular designs to Responsive sites. A Responsive Design moves and adjusts content to fit perfectly on mobile, tablets and larger devices. You are still using a legacy design which we recommend you update so you can benefit from the new features and imagery available with the new templates. We will follow up with you today to discuss which design would best fit your business style.

Natalie J.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Easy booking program and beautiful website

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Since it’s only me, it’s hard working behind the chair and answering the phone all the time, by allowing my clients online booking option, it frees up my time plowing me to make more money.

Pros

Easy to use platform made designing my webpage a breeze and the online booking options are user friendly for my clients.

Cons

Can’t keep logged in and would like the option to turn off appointment booking for new clients since I’m unable to accept new clients at this time, however, my current clients need access.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Hi Natalie,

One way you could continue to offer online booking but only accept current clients would be to use the Request/Response mode and only confirm appointments from clients that you know. By selecting text notifications you can easily confirm appointments from your phone within seconds of when they are booked. If you need some assistance getting this setup contact customer support.

Glad you have found designing your website easy and that your clients are happy with the online booking options. We love to hear that SalonBuilder is making your life easier and saving you time while making you money!

Rochelle C.

True Value Website

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

The staff will change anything you get stuck with.

Pros

I'm very happy with my results from Salon builder. I've started with their stock website, then built two custom website. The whole experience was always simple and pleasant. Salon builder offers many options to reach your clients, for example, email campaigns, meta tag search, picture galleries.

Cons

I really have nothing negative to comment about. My resp is very knowledgeable with there operation.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Thanks for the feedback Rochelle. We love having dedicated business owners like you who utilize all the great features and options available in SalonBuilder. Your custom designs have always been a beautiful representation of your business.

Deana K.

It’s effective

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

I’ve used it for many years. If I felt comfortable with change, I might try something else.

Pros

It was easier than trying to set up my own website.

Cons

It’s gotten expensive and I’m not sure it pays for itself.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Hi Deana,

One of the best things about SalonBuilder is that it is more then just a website builder. Included with your membership is:

-A complete Email Marketing system with beautiful marketing emails and Drip Campaign features.
-Promotions and Special Offers with printable materials and easy integration into your website, emails and social media.
-Search Optimization and SEO assistance.
-Client Management tools with texting options.
-Booking Calendar for scheduling and staff management.
-Free Domain Name and Domain Email addresses.
-Free Job Listings on SalonEmployment.com.
-Free listing on BeautySeeker.com.
-Free phone support.
-Plus the entire suite of tools to manage your site 24/7 (no setup fees or charges to make changes)

We feel like there is great value in SalonBuilder for the cost of a few latte's a month :)

Salvatore G.

Excellent company

Love my website

Pros

Easy to use , great graphics and looks very professional.

Cons

No cons, the tools they provide are outstanding.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Glad to be of service to your Gulino. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Keith F.

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

All is all good software

Pros

Easy usage and simply access to the site. Gift gallery is great!

Cons

Booking is sometimes slow, information like adding pictures is not easy

Phyllis B.

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

I do not like how the gift certificate works and some guests had issues with it.

Pros

Ease of using it for website for our salon

Cons

Pictures do not always work right when uploading your own. Also very limited on products we can put in. We are a focus salon and many of items listed are outdated. And it will not let us upload our own in that section.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Hi Phyllis,

Thanks for the feedback. Our product list is continually growing and we add new product lines all the time. All you need to do is send a request and we will insert the logo and link onto your site. I will have someone contact you to find out what products you would like to add.

Sorry to hear you had some issues with the gift certificate feature. We get compliments and great feedback about how easy it is to use all the time. If you ever have another problem please let us know right away so we can assist you.

Overall glad you seem to like SalonBuilder and the easy to use tools for building your website.

Lisa N.

Really good site for small businesses!!

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

Pretty good experience.

Pros

How it's easy to use. I like the ability for my clients to purchase their gift certificates directly from my site.

Cons

Customer service needs help. When I have a question that needs to be answered right away, I shouldn't have to wait hours for a call back. Need more staff to pick up phones.

Renada H.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Exceptional quality and excellent performance

Reviewed on 2019/05/25

Pros

I love the ability to go online whenever I want without having to pay someone to change my information I also like at any time I can email customer service and he responds immediately

Cons

Nothing. I don't have any suggestions or change

Ellaina J.

Satisfied customer

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Overall I was very satisfied with the finished product.

Pros

You can design your on site. There are lots of options to help you to design your site to look very professional.

Cons

Some of the features I was unable to do on my own. But the customer service number that is provided will help you through any issues that you may face trying to design your site.

Dorothy M.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A little heads up

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Pros

I like the layout and the different options you have for designs

Cons

I don’t feel like the images are up to date for today’s fashion, especially in the built in images

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Hi Dorothy,

Happy to hear you like your design and layout options for your website. We will continue to expand our stock image library (new images coming very soon) and you always have the option to upload your own photos that you take yourself or get from other stock photo sites. Thank you for your input though. It's valuable to hear what is important to you most!

Angela B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Member since 2007 Love it!

Reviewed on 2020/05/16

My experience with Salon Builder has been incredible! Customer service is superb! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] along with the staff are so reliable and has been so patient with me for many years. Currently we're rebranding our Salon and Salon Builder has been eager to assist me with everything from online appointment booking, setting up online booking, graphics brand logo, customizing photos, product sales and more. When I first started with this web hosting site I had my front desk person to handle setup assuming I lacked marketing skills thinking it was hard to navigate. Now in 2020 as I'm rebranding I love the website even more with the many up to date features. I know my review is long and I must say overdue but during this quarantine due to Covid-19 I had to express my appreciation for the love and support over the years. Thank you so much Salon Builder Team!!!

Pros

I love the simplicity of navigating and managing pages with easy and the capability of editing tools 24/7 when re branding. The use of beautiful up to date changeable website templates to create a professional website instantly without paying a lot. A SEO that enhanced my online presence with high rankings. Free domain, hosting, listing and emails adds value for my money. This website increases client retention rates and search results our clients tells us how they found us. The marketing aspect is amazing, appointment system and SMS texting with an mobile version has again simplified my life so I can focus on the clients.

Cons

This Software is amazing there's nothing I like least.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Thank you for your great review Angela. So glad we have been able to make a difference in your business over the years.

Pilar C.

Recommend highly ! & Accessible for help when you need it.

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

Pros

I can't say enough about what your getting and for the price your getting it for!!! Everyday I find another facet of this system and I'm wowed ! nothing else compares. I have been with salon for over 10 years and I had been lead astray by another once never again it only took me a couple of months to realize it was a big mistake leaving. They welcomed me back with open arms . This team goes over and above the call of duty to make sure you get it ! If you have a question they get right back to you not like all the other systems. I'm extremely happy and recommend.

Cons

I don't have anything to say but it waont submit without something ion this box

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Thank you Pilar. We never blame our members for trying out the competition and very often get return members who come back once they realize all the great features and options that are included in a very affordable membership. We do everything we can to make sure your website is a vehicle for making you money instead of something that costs you money. Utilizing all the included features in SalonBuilder makes that easy to do.

Fanit P.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

SALON BUILDER

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

THE BEST SOFTWARE FOR THE BEAUTY AND SPA INDUSTRY.

Pros

GREAT WEBDESIGN OPTIONS. CLIENT APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATIONS, EMAIL MARKETING AND MORE

Cons

YOU NEED TO LEAVE A MESSAGE FOR SOMEONE TO CALL YOU BACK.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Thanks for the great feeback Fanit! We are so happy you chose to return to us after trying out another company for your website, booking and marketing needs. We really value your membership and are so glad to be a part of your large successful Spa.

We don't send our incoming calls off to a call center across the globe so sometimes that means we are on the other line helping another customer. We do our very best to return all calls within 1 business day and reply to emails often
even faster.

Mary T.

Salon Builder for Tanning Salon

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

I have total control over the content of my website and the ability to change it at any time. I've been using the software for almost 10 years.

Pros

Easy to set up and make changes.
I can customize the tabs and features month to month.
Customer service is usually quick to respond.

Cons

Gift Card option was not as easy to set up, customize and use. Switched to another software for gift cards.
Some improvements to mobile use, but still not as polished and easy to view and use as I would like. Most photos provided are geared toward hair and not so much tanning. I would like to be able to edit the product page myself. My products are usually not in the list and I have to get it completed by customer service.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Hi Mary, It's nice to hear you have had an easy time updating your website and features over the years. Your constructive feedback is valuable to us. Sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the Gift Card options. We have a large library of printable gift certificate designs that you can choose your favorites and turn the rest off, or there is always the option to have a custom matching gift card designed to keep consistent with your business branding.

As we have mentioned to many reviewers, the new Responsive Designs have a greatly improved mobile website which I think you would love! You are still using a standard design so you may consider updating that if you aren't satisfied with the look of your Mobile Site.

Angel S.

I Love It!!

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Overall I really like the website. It has freed up alot of my time for scheduling appts for clients vs. other apps i have used .

Pros

I like the ease of use to schedule appts and market services. Its pretty easy to understand and navigate. Also the pics they have for use are a nice quality.

Cons

I dont like the and still dont understand how to change my availability for time off. I tried to put in a vacation day and it changed my whole schedule. Im still not understanding how to do a single day to block out time. Also, my clients cant use the guest book option and still no reply from support.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Hi Angel,

We are so happy that the booking system has been a time-saver and helped you spend more time behind the chair and less time on the phone.

Sorry to hear you were not able to easily schedule a vacation with the booking calendar. I have sent a message to customer support and someone will be in contact today to help you learn how that works. You may be using the full schedule updater instead of the vacation scheduler. They look similar so it may be easy to mix them up. We will make a note to add additional clarification to the page soon.

As for the other comment, your clients can login to their accounts via the GuestBook page to view upcoming appointments and purchases. We will do some testing with your account to make sure everything is working properly and get back to you soon.

Randy W.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

salon builder website and email review

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

We have been with Salon builder almost 8 years now. Since we first opened. Very responsive, user friendly, top notch product. Highly recommend.

Pros

Customer support is top notch. Website is very easy to change and alter myself.

Cons

Would like a website template that features video on the front page

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Hi Randy,

Great news... several of the new Responsive designs feature a video background option including the one you are using for your website. Take a look at another member using a video for their site background: https://www.h2osalonspa.com/

Since the video needs to be pretty small in file size and exported properly we recommend you send your video to the graphics department so we can assist you with it.

Thanks for the many years of membership with SalonBuilder. We are so glad we have been a valuable business resource for you.

Catarina C.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Salon software

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Pros

Easy access to appointment requests online and gift certificates sales.

Cons

I wish the email promotions/pictures or more modern and easier to create your own email blasts.

Response from E-laborative Technologies

Hi Catarina,

Thank you for the feedback and your many years of membership with SB. We have some new imagery and email templates coming very soon and you always have the option to edit the images in a pre-formatted email or create a blank message and add your own photos if you don't like what is offered. If you need assistance with the process please reach out to customer support.

Glad we have been able to provide you with booking and gift sales features to make your business money online.