Shortcuts

Management tool for salons, spas, and barbershops.

Britney R.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Shortcuts Software

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

Through Shortcuts we have been able to take our bookings online through their online booking portal resulting in a reduction of front desk staff labor!

Pros

Shortcuts software is extremely user friendly in our salons. They have an expansive educational library on their website that make training new staff a breeze.

Cons

The only downfall we have with Shortcuts is its not a true shared database. We have multiple sites so having one pool of client data would be ideal. They have work arounds like global clients but it creates duplication in the files and data per site.

Jason S.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Shortcuts Opperations

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

Overall great experience with using the Shortcuts software package. Support is great from Shortcuts, they can dial in a fix issues if it can't be resolved over the phone via Teamviewer. Most of our students catch on quick with the basics of adding appointments and client services, cashing out and general navigation is great.

Pros

Very easy to setup and use. So many features from inventory to customer appreciation to scheduling clients with one to many employees. I know a few salons that use this software and love it. All in one package for everything you would need to run a salon/spa.

Cons

The only thing I was not happy with was that the credit card software was an add-on (like most software platforms) and since we are an education facility we had to go with the standard package. This means you have to have another solution for a standalone credit card processing device if you are not willing to pay to use the built-in module.

Julie L.

Great Salon Software

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

We use Shortcuts for salon scheduling and point of sale. It is excellent for customer record keeping and has a lot of options for marketing specifics.

Pros

Shortcuts is so user friendly. It was a very smooth transition in our salon when we started using it. I like that you can do multiple functions at the same time without losing any information. The variety of reports is very helpful. Shortcuts customer service is fantastic! Someone is available to help you 24/7 with any question or challenge.

Cons

There hasn't been anything that I haven't liked about Shortcuts. If I am unsure of how to do something, support will walk me through it.

Cindy S.

Organize hair artist

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

Shortcuts has organized myself and my salon,glad to be done with physical books!

Pros

I love looking up reports on how the salon is doing as a whole as well as individual!I like in a second being able to tell a client when she last visited us what she paid ect.

Cons

Client look up will only show you so many names and then u have to switch your look up by phone number or last name,which we cant always recall

Kelley G.

Shortcuts Software review

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Very professional, reliable & friendly

Pros

Well organized & personalized for what I needed

Cons

As a sole proprietor, wish there was a price break. Also think for the overall price remote access should be included.
Think if computer qlitches occur, should not be charged to temporarily place on another computer

Claudia B.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

So far so good

Reviewed on 2019/09/19

Pros

It's easy to use. The customer service is great no matter what time of day you call. I've called over the weekend thinking that i would have to wait till next business day and i was able to speak to someone right away.

Cons

The only issue i have is that the cost is based on how many employees you have.

Naomi R.
  • Industry: Higher Education

business manager

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

there are moment where its easy to access, but when the system reboots and a transaction is still showing pending in the system. it is pain trying to clear things up

Pros

its easy to search up customers name at some points

Cons

Its need a more creative board to allow front desk clerk to access more and key tips needs to pop u.

Jessica K.

Pretty Good

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

I feel they try to keep up and the customer support is pretty good. Extras are a but expensive. Overall it’s good.

Pros

Online booking and text confirmations and 24 hour support.

Cons

No training on all it has to offer, kind of expensive and they go up in price. Shortcuts doesn’t really help unless you ask.

Ronald V.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Good software

Reviewed on 2019/08/31

Not bad but it has room for improvement.

Pros

The graphic interface and the way the info is presented

Cons

The reporting feature is limited, scheduling employees can be confusing.

Joe M.

Shortcuts Software Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/01

Wry happy

Pros

Simplicity of the software even my older employees find it easy

Cons

I need to update my system monitor and software updates . Don’t know

Karen C.

Shortcuts Software Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Pros

How easy it is to use and the support from the Shortcuts team.

Cons

Trying to figure out the online booking. I was the issue not the software.

Dan B.

Shortcuts

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Pros

User friendly, great support and integration with other software

Cons

some options are not available with the version we have

Anna F.

Best Tech Support EVER

Reviewed on 2019/02/14

I think your help desk team are the bomb! They are patient, clever and delightful to work with. I feel they are extension of my business team. If only all help desked HELPED as well as your do. THANK YOU!

Pros

The help desk! Software will always have bugs etc or you get new staff so the shortcuts help desk are integeral part of our team to have a smoothing running business

Cons

Some of the cloud intergration is clunky however functionality overrides that. I wish with online booking deposits people could imput their gift voucher number as deposit.

Gina K.

Shortcuts for Cosmetology Industry

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

This could be a great software, but customer service takes too long to get to and the features are not very easy when it comes to scheduling students (employees).

Pros

I like that setting appointments and checking out are pretty easy

Cons

Working with students (employees) scheduling is very cumbersome and not easy to use at all. Setting schedules is very time consuming and the software does not make it easy to do.

Adam B.

Solid, good number of features, a little clunky

Reviewed on 2019/08/05

Using Shorcuts to run a franchise salon.

Pros

Most features are implemented well. Good support videos. A lot of functionality. Can eventually figure out most things by myself.

Cons

Touch screen functionality is of limited use. Some menus, use cases make no sense. A lot of ‘garbage’, such as settings, configurations, data pile up and little can be done about it. Configuration issues aplenty and sometime impossible to track down what is actually happening. Poor integrations with some providers and tools. Loyalty program setup lacks sophistication. Customer support can be difficult to deal with. Trainers are fair to poor.

Robbin B.

Great software for our Barbershop

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

It’s been a great software, easy to learn and they have great quick friendly tech support, when needed. Rarely needed.

Pros

Shortcuts keeps accurate account of our daily production, money & client information.

Cons

That it’s not free, lol. We have no complaints.

Easy to learn and use

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

It was simply to use and easier to get staff to use it quicker. Training was minimal.

Pros

Features are not as robust as other POS systems, so manuevering around is quite simple. It is easy to learn.

Cons

Features are limited, therefore we cannot get everything running the way we wanted. We had to do some workarounds to get the software where we wanted it to be. Some reports we wanted are not available.

Dustin G.

Shortcuts Salon Management Software

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

Pros

Very powerful with good reporting and great customer support.

Cons

Some of the navigation is cumbersome, occasional bugs, customer reviews are directed to mylocalsalon rather than Google, not all features are available via cloud.

Ryan F.

Jacksonville Beach Hair Salon

Reviewed on 2010/10/21

Yes, shortcuts is awesome! If I were to do it all over again, I would def make the same choice!

Pros

Tech & Customer Support! Everyone at Shortcuts is very helpful and willing to spend the extra time to make sure you fully understand and get the most of their product/software. Eric has been our account rep - and he has been awesome!

Cons

Set & Forget - tho its an awesome feature, it does need to get a few kinks worked out. I'd refer to it as 1.0 version (maybe 1.5) when we wish it was a 3.0 version =) The features are really cool, it really does let you "set & forget", but it is a pain in the a** to set up.

Hans V.

Kids Salon Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/29

On going issues with credit card processing system

Pros

Ease of use. Logical steps and functions.

Cons

Redundant steps such as using done every time you do something.

Katrina H.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

GRRRRRR 2 step login!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

Pros

The simple KPI reports I would really like don't feature on Shortcuts, in an easy to follow area for my staff.

Cons

I REALLY don't like being FORCED to use the two step authentication log in screen, when I'm not even a cloud based user!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liz S.

The program and their Staff are the Best !!!

Reviewed on 2011/01/14

Highly Recommend to anyone !!!!

Pros

Always there and willing to help us solve our situation.
Couldn't ask for better and kinder Staff and just plain Great Customer Service !!!!!
We love the program and how it just does the work for us and always updating to stay with the times and trends!!!!
Thank you Shortcuts, and Eric your the Best !!!!

Cons

Sometimes we feel the computer is smarter than us, but that's human nature.....don't you think !!!

Lisa P.

Shortcuts simplified

Reviewed on 2010/10/21

Very highly recommended! We had SAM, prior to this and never used it because the set up was so difficult.

Pros

Quick, efficient, easy, thorough, lots of reports and info available

Cons

Books on days marked holiday or day that employee is off with no warnings. Would be nice if there was a master schedule for each employee, to just go in and change instead of doing each day separately.

Caitlin J.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Don’t Bother

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

Don’t do it! Plenty of web-based systems that allow you to cancel at any time with free trial periods. This has been the most upsetting and costly experience.

Pros

It’s a diary, not easily web-based like new online systems, the app is terrible and it doesn’t work well for Mac even though they say it does. I had used it previously at another business and wasn’t too bad. With my own business- After 7 days, I gave up, they are making me pay out a 3 year term.

Cons

Everything. I have had 4 case managers now trying to cancel a system that is not compatible with Mac like they said it was, they don’t care about small business at all.

Nicki S.

Absolutely love this software!

Reviewed on 2016/12/19

Easy to use, manages all aspects of my business and keeps up with industry changes with regular functionality updates!