Showing 338 reviews of 323

Bokun

Cloud-based booking management solution for tourism industry

Showing 338 reviews of 323
Viktoria J.

The only booking software with options to match all needs

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

We used it as an operator (selling our products), as a reseller (selling others products) and through the API which we used in the software we were building. It was very easy to use and set up and offered help whenever we needed. As we were using the API we talked to both developers and customer support often and they were kind and helpful.

Pros

Whatever we needed it to do, it did. Rare were the cases when we could not set up products as we wanted them and then the developers listened and made the options available. If you are looking for software to offer your tours or sell other companies' products, Bókun is the way to go.

Cons

Sometimes it had down time that lasted for longer periods of time.

Technical errors & unfriendly policies

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

We use bokun for booking of tour products via our website. However, after negative experiences with Bokun we are now looking for a better option - luckily there are countless better booking software products out there.

Pros

The possibility for resellers to gain access to your products.

Cons

Fairly many bugs in the system and exploitative terms & conditions. For tour operators: If a tour gets cancelled by the customer for whatever reason (sickness, travel restrictions due to covid 19, change of travel plans etc.) Bokun keeps all fees paid for the bookings if it is cancelled later than 1 month after the booking was placed by the customer. In total our company has lost about 10k NOK due to this policy, and we are expecting to loose quite significant amounts due to all the covid 19 related cancellations. While we refund the customer, being an understanding company that treats our guests with respect and doesn't take money for a tour that the guest cannot attend due to the world being in a crisis, bokun still takes the fees leaving the tour operator not only without income but with the burden of having to pay a fee for a booking that was cancelled!! At the same time their marketing strategy is trying to make them seem understanding and helpful to its users. Pure hypocricy! After having used bokun for quite some time now we have decided to look for an alternative booking system with less technical issues, provided by a company that values its customers and treats them fairly.

Response from Bokun, A TripAdvisor Company

We are sorry to hear about your poor experience. Our support team is here to help. We believe that this particular issue has been rectified, but please do not hesitate to reach out to [email protected]

To clarify a bit, we only charge a service fee for bookings made on your website when using our online booking engine; all bookings from other channels such as offline, from OTAs, or travel agents come at no charge from Bokun. We don't charge a fee for cancelled direct online bookings that are cancelled within the same month as the booking. But we do not automatically refund for past fees you've already paid to Bokun for bookings made in previous months.

We do hope that clarifies, and again our support team is here to help always, and especially during this difficult time.

The Bokun Team

Andy M.

Bokun Continues to Improve Better & Better

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

I enjoy using Bokun and the user experience improves all the time - Keep up the good work Bokun Team!

Pros

Bokun's features keep getting better and better. With Bokun's new interface and booking widgets it's a much easier process for customers to book products. In fact, the number of clicks to make a booking has been reduced thanks to the new popup booking widget which also retains whatever has been added to the cart.

Cons

They are not many cons to using this free software - Apart from being able to have global questions which can be shared between products!

Brian C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great product with awesome features

Reviewed on 2020/04/25

This software has lots of great features. I like everything about the software and the customer service is smooth and always friendly.

Pros

The idea of using software to centralize our sales from different channels is simply amazing. Bokun helped us put in order many of our internal processes. Plus, it's simply useful to use the Marketplace to find new partners.

Cons

I'm pretty good with technology but it was hard for some of my colleagues to understand the functionality of Bókun. I guess a better design would help. Also, trying to make things more simple and user-friendly would be great.
And sometimes it delays to load but not sure what the reason would be.

Alexandra M.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

All in one easy and friendly to use

Reviewed on 2020/05/31

I'm selling my tours in several websites and agents, and Bokun was the best choice that I could have done for my company. Tried other before and this one got me to where I wanted.

Pros

When I came across with Bokun I thought it would be another headache... I was so wrong. Easy to use, friendly and suoer nice costumer support.

Cons

I would love to have more time to explore all the features more detailed. So far I haven't seen any negative points.

Rae E.

Immense value for money

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

In my opinion BOKUN is the market leader for tour software that would suit ANY sized business. Their support is terrific and they are helping us grow our business with their channel manager functions. We have direct connections to major OTAs including Trip Adivsor/ Expedia and can also offer private booking areas for hotels and small retail travel agents with personalised pricing & currency.
So far anything that I've wanted when I started, or decided along the way that I've wanted- they've delivered. I'm obviously stoked with the product.

Pros

We have been using Bokun for roughly six months now. I spent 12 months trying and discarding other online platforms for tour sales because they were either too hard to use (even for a techie like me) or they lacked functionality. We were starting with almost no online sales and as a small business our budget was quite low. I was looking for a system with lots of functionality, connections to the OTA's and scaleable pricing. AND BOY did I find it!

Cons

There's nothing I don't like- just take note that with an amazing array of functions comes many moving parts. You need to be quite good to manage it all- but if in doubt their support is terrific and can take the hard parts off your hands.

Response from Bokun

Hi Rae,
Thank you so much for your review! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any product suggestions or any questions in the future -- we're here to help!

Georg A.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Great for bookings, want to see it move to operations

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

It is OK I worry much with the new owners and what they will do with the pricing of bokun, expecting to move back to our own online booking system if prices rise and just use bokun to book other products with partners.

Pros

Easy to manage bookings, good feature set around it.
Many sales and suppliers in the system, good sales canal.

Cons

Management of the products can be complicated and often not working correctly.
Would like to see better management around staff, able to assign bookings on guide or driver guides.
The calendar on our web can be slow some times.

Response from Bokun

Hi Georg, thank you for reviewing Bokun!

We're happy to hear that you found our system useful and easy to use. At Bokun, we strive to help our users grow their businesses, including selling your products through channels like your own website, global OTAs and the Marketplace. So, if you want to explore any of this, do let us know!

Our developers are actively working on Resource Management, so stay tuned for more information on this soon!

Last but not least, if you require any assistance on product management or anything in general, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're happy to help.

- Bokun Support

Haukur V.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Gamechanger for my company

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

I love Bokun booking system! That means, I give them 10 out of 10, and I dont give that note often :-)

Pros

I simply love Bokun booking system. It's simple to use, great possibilities, Sevice is great and they listem to their customers to improve the system

Cons

I did not find any bad sides of the software because the service team they quickly solve the few problems I had.

David P.

Best Solution for Doing Business

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Bokun team support is the best my team has ever worked with in the industry. There ability to customize a system that works for us was amazing. There system is a one stop solution with opportunities for future support as we continue to increase our business levels.

Pros

Functionally easy to navigate. Very easy for my team to customize groups or set up new products.

Cons

The software meets our requirements. I would recommend to anyone.

António pedro D.

A huge change

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

Pros

I joined Bokun when they got acquired by Tripadvisor. The small commission was at drove me in, but then I realized it was so much more. It was easy to use, easy to integrate on our website with the widgets and I even found a payment provider better than the one I was using that connected well with them. But I would say the best is their customer service. The whole team is just nice and I've met a few of them at Arival as well. I always tell people when they start using bokun on my team or other teams (to which I have recommended bokun to) - the chat is your best friend, backed by very good tutorials!

Cons

Initially, the fact that the bookings could not be seen in a calendar was a difficulty, but it has been fixed.

Nicolas R.
  • Industry: International Affairs

A practical and effective tool

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

I have had a good experience with the use of the platform and the reception of executives.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use, A simple and integrated way to load products,

Cons

The classification of activities, I consider that it is more efficient to separate the activities according to the sector or product that is offered.

Response from Bokun

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your review. Great to hear that you've had success integrating your products. You can add categories and attributes to your experiences in Bokun in the product setup settings. Don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected] if you need any further information or support.

All the best,

Cody N.

Love this software

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

Helping us get more business, and make it easier for customers to find us online.

Pros

How easy and effective it is at sales for my business!

Cons

Customer support is hard to communicate directly with guest.

Response from Bokun

Hi Cody,

Thank you for your review and your feedback. Thank you for your comment about our customer support We are always working on improving our performance, so we appreciate this feedback!

Peter Z.

Exceptional service

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

This software is ideal for operators that run business on different selling channels as it connects and gathers data from all of them.

Pros

It does a huge job by connecting different selling platforms into one user friendly channel.

Cons

There is no cons till now. As it seems there will not be any in future as well.

Response from Bokun

Hi Peter,
Thank you for your review! Do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions or suggestions in the future.

Brittany P.

Lifesaver!

Reviewed on 2020/09/01

I use bokun as a channel manager with a direct API connection into my custom booking software. No other system was able to accomonadte this for me. The support team has been amazing along the way.

Pros

At first, Bokun may seem to lack a few features. I promise you it is there! After doing some digging and reaching out to my account manager, I was able to discover all the possibilities that Bokun can do.

Cons

Like any reservation software, there will always be some kinks or things that arent quite like you wish they were

Christoph M.
  • Industry: Sports

Best booking software

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

I used other bookingtools before and bokun is the best so far. Value for the product is awesome.

Pros

The userfriendly functionality is awesome. And the presentation of our tours and lessons is perfect. Customers having no problems in booking and it is very easy to create new experiences.

Cons

There is nothing I don’t like. But I would like to have more payment providers included.
And the new functionality of planing your resources needs some improvement (e.g. one surfboard per customer etc.)

Response from Bokun

Hi Christoph,
Thank you for your review and your suggestions on adding additional payment providers and enhancing resource management. We are continually working to improve the Bokun product, so please keep checking back on Bokun for enhancements in these areas.

Antonio G.
  • Industry: Entertainment

GOOD VALUE

Reviewed on 2019/12/08

It has been a good experience to work with Bokun. It makes your job easier.
Also, the marketplace is good, there you can contacto other companies to sell your productos.

Pros

You can manage your booking from diferente companies in just one place.

Cons

Sometimes your productos las too long to get publish on the other suites. Once you make some Changes in Bokun, it takes a few hours to get to the site you want it to get to.

Response from Bokun

Hi Antonio,
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you have been able to find and connect with other tour operators in the Bokun Marketplace! We understand your concern about the delay in changes that you've made in Bokun reflecting on other distribution sites; we've taken this feedback to our team and will keep you updated as we make improvements.

Jason G.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Bokun has made my life easy...... well easier.

Reviewed on 2020/01/23

Pros

Being a brand new business, I was trying to keep track of my bookings on my own and create relationships with providers that could sell my products-- it was too difficult to handle on my own. I came across Bokun and it has truly made running my business easier. I still have a lot of work to do, but I do not have to worry about my supply as I know precisely how many bookings I have each day. It has also opened up so many more avenues to sell my products. I am learning more and more each day, and I am excited where this can take my business.

Cons

Having never used a product like this, it was a bit intimidating at first. Initial instructions could have been a little better.... although in all honesty it could just be my lack of technical knowledge.

Response from Bokun, A TripAdvisor Company

Hi Jason,
Thank you for your review and your feedback. Your insight about the ramp up period and learning about the product is super helpful, so thank you for that! We're glad to hear Bokun has made your life a bit easier, and we appreciate your feedback. We're always working to improve Bokun, and we'll use your input here to make it better.

Ryan B.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Starting a subscription fee at the start of winter in a pandemic?!?

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

We are massively disappointed by the move Bokun has made from commission based bookings to a monthly subscription fee. This is the worst timing possible to release such a feature at the start of the winter season (most activity companies quite season) and during the COVID-19 pandemic when bookings are already low. With the additional option of paying for more additional features?? We put a lot of time and effort into Bokun setting up all our events. We will not be using there service again, we have now found a better/cheaper booking service.

Pros

Easy to use, used to be great for small businesses.

Cons

We had some issues with customers paying on the mobile phone through stripe on Bokun and has now become unaffordable for small businesses.

Response from Bokun, A TripAdvisor Company

Hi Ryan, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm sorry to hear that you are not happy with Bokun's transition to a subscription-based model. Our Pro plan is currently free until the end of the month, after which it will cost $49 per month. Opting out of this plan shouldn't take more than a minute; it can be done easily in your account. You can always opt in and out seasonally, as subscription is on a monthly rolling basis.

We understand that this is a challenging time across the industry, and travelers can't wait to start booking trips and activities again. Our customers that use our widgets and website are seeing great conversion rates. We have invested in more sophisticated features for Bokun that we believe will help suppliers secure more bookings.

If you would like to discuss further how we can make Bokun work for your business, please contact us at [email protected]

Angele N.

Great support for users

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

It has helped us to increase our business!

Pros

If I have any issues I can call or have a chat with Bokun representatives and they will try and sort out your issues step by step!

Cons

At first we did not know where to start however the more we used it the better we understand. Then there is the great support staff that have assisted us

Response from Bokun

Hi Angele,

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you have been able to increase your business. Thank you for the kind words about our support team, we're always ready to assist.

Tatenda tarzan M.

Delighted with efficiency

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

Pros

When we launched our company, we know we could not do alone we need a reservation system. We started our research and we found out bokun is all what we want. The crew helped us from the bottom and make us a better company. I want to make a special thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for her support. I recommend Bokun so highly .

Cons

Maybe if they can reduce steps taken for a customer to complete a booking online.

Response from Bokun, A TripAdvisor Company

Hi Tatenda Tarzan,
Thank you for your review and your feedback. And thank you so much for recognizing our team for their support! We are making improvements to our online booking engine booking flow to make the process even easier for your customers. We will keep you posted with those developments!

The Bokun Team

Jorge M.

The best software

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

Pros

the ease of seeing reservations and the link with other programs

Cons

change language and availability change

Response from Bokun

Hi Jorge,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback about changing your language and availability. Are you looking to change the language in which you view your Bokun account or in how you display your tour information on your website or other channels? Please see https://helpdesk.bokun.io/en/articles/474493-company-settings and https://helpdesk.bokun.io/en/articles/106940-how-to-translate-content-to-a-different-language for more information about how to do both. And see our Helpdesk article about editing availability here: https://helpdesk.bokun.io/en/articles/2740905-how-to-add-availability-to-experiences And please email do us at [email protected] if we can help.

Marcus K.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great, ever expanding software

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Pros

Frequent updates, Easy to use, Quick support

Cons

Can be a little bit slow at times, but overall not much to complain about.

Response from Bokun

Hi Marcus,
Thank you for your review! We value you as a customer and welcome any additional feedback or suggestions on how we can improve the product. Simply send any ideas to [email protected]

Gudmann Í.

Great value for money

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

We are using Bókun to keep track of our total number of passengers and nationality.

Pros

Easy to use and reliable system. The Bókun staff reply our questions fast and solve all problems quickly and accurately with personal service.

Cons

I would like to be able to customize the system to our tours and that is sometime not possible.

Medal H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great Help

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

I have connected my website with bokun online booking engine. I hope it will work. I trust that it will improve my website to get more customers.

Pros

Bokun really help my business to grow up. I could get more booking over the world because of Bokun.
Thank you so much Bokun. You have given me a big chance to have more customers every month.

Cons

I like everything in Bokun. I could get important informations for my business.

Helen maria B.

CEO

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

very good

Pros

user friendly, connects resellers with tour operators, good overview of bookings for guides and office workers, nice data base and well displayed.

Cons

it very rarely closes down, so nobody can book the tour online or we cannot see bookings