SalesVu

4,2 (8)
Cloud-based point-of-sale system for small to medium firms

Sheri P.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great Service Every Time!

Reviewed on 2015/11/03

Pros

It's easy to use and customer service is readily available if and when you need them.

Cons

Occasionally I have to reset my swiper, but now that I know how it's no big deal.

Kari T.
  • Used for 2+ years

Simple Software

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

I generally like the software because it does what I need it to do. But, I do wish there was a version for people like me who JUST want to run credit card payments and not have to deal with all of the other functions.

Pros

- Once you figure out how to use it, it's pretty simple, even if it takes a bit
- The reports are simple and tell me what I want to know
- It takes no time at all to process a credit card on the website
- It sends out payment receipt emails to whoever and however many people I choose (I like to get a receipt emailed to myself, as well as the client)

Cons

- Sometimes it takes me awhile to figure out that what I want is actually possible. And sometimes I never find it. Like a list of all payments for one specific customer. It's probably there, I just have to play around too long to find it. Quickbooks has that information, so I don't SalesVu to get it for me, but if others are relying only on this to keep track of sales records, it might be frustrating.
- You can't just run a credit card payment. You have to make an order for that amount first (which I don't need, since I use Quickbooks for invoicing), then pay the order. I only want to use it to run credit cards, but I have to do double record keeping in order to do it.

Kasey C.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Constant change

Reviewed on 2020/11/29

Pros

I have been using this product for over seven years, and have had to battle constant change to the user interface in both the POS side and the back end of the system. This system has allowed simple adding of new products, management of existing products, POS sales and electronic receipt deployment.

Cons

My biggest issue is that on many occasions I have to re-learn the interface and new system additions, and now the interface of the system is very different from the one that I originally chose for my business, started and ran my business with and myself and my staff had become familiar with. The back end used to have modern buttons for its functions which were recognizable at a glance and made for efficient use. Now I have to scroll through lists of the available functions that are displayed amoungst other lists and reports. It now has a cold and unfamiliar feel and has become laborious and less efficient to use. For a while I was able to keep using the interface that had attracted me to Salesvu in the first place, but now they have decided that it will not be supported anymore and I have no option but to try to find another POS system that has the simple, instantly recognizable user interface that Salesvu used to have, and go through the considerable costs and hassle of changing thousands of products to a new POS system. I feel very let down.

Billie K.

SalesVu System

Reviewed on 2015/10/29

Pros

This product has been functionally great for my store in many ways, such as, printable reports, inventory and cash register system, all in one.

Cons

The system does not offer a free Gift Card system or a Return Merchandise System, but I have found ways to work around it.

Spancer P.

Good S/W, Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2015/10/29

Pros

It is cloud base product so we can log in the store or at home and can link up many devices if want to. This vendor is young and with a lot of energy and trying to catch up demands from their customers.

Cons

S/W will hang easily, new customer entry is too much steps, receipt print out does not have the capability to do marketing. this product is only able to work on 2 transaction companies which they may need to consider to expend it more so that user can pick the best credit card processing company. reports which need to give customer capability to modify to get customer report on each screen.

Janet H.

SalesVu provides a Simple but Effective Point of Sale system

Reviewed on 2015/11/04

Pros

Any time I have had an issue and send in a request for help, the response is quick and very helpful.

Cons

I would like to have better report options for booking into our accounting software but there have been improvements made in this area and I hope to see more!

Matt W.

SalesVu Review

Reviewed on 2015/11/04

Pros

The simplicity of the app and the availability of the reporting online are the most important factors for us as a company. The app is easy to use for our employees.

Cons

It would be nice to have the ability to add a new customer from the App itself when placing a new order.

Josh T.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great Service and User Friendly

Reviewed on 2015/11/02

Pros

No monthly expense and easy to use the back office system and user interface is easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes the system is a little slow and we have had some complications with the card reader, but they have been helpful in solving it.