POS Nation for Retail Reviews

LOVE POS NATION

Reviewed on 2020/10/23

Wonderful- Highly recommend

Wonderful- Highly recommend

Pros

User Friendly, Reporting, Inventory. The best customer service and IT support. Easy set up and the POS NATION teams care about you and your business.

Cons

Worldpay take 1-2 days to deposit funds from customers paying with credit cards.

Square Virtual Terminal and Clover

Reasons for Switching to POS Nation for Retail

Best Customer Service

Response from POS Nation

TJ,

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system so far specifically the reporting and inventory modules. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

Betsy

Would recommend POS Nation

Reviewed on 2021/02/12

I know that when I call I always have someone who can guide me and answer questions. That is very much appreciated. Our Customer Success Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been wonderful through this experience. He has been kind and patient. We really appreciate the fact POS Nation is a US-based company and everyone we speak to is here in the US.

Pros

All of our needs have been met with this pos system. We appreciate that the learning curve for the software was easy and the process of integrating with our existing business was efficient.

Cons

I would like to see a printer that prints tags for outside use, such as a tree tag. At the moment we are printing onto a smaller tag and sticking them to the tree tags.

Max

POS Nation is a bad system with even worse customer service

Reviewed on 2023/09/22

Pros

Nothing. It's been a terrible system all around.

Cons

System is clunky. Not user friendly. Customer service is really bad, lots of false promises and account rep who didn't know how to use the system himself. Difficult to get an appointment with account rep (had to schedule a week in advance) and couldn't get tech support on the phone. Doesn’t integrate with QB Online. Hardware is cheap and credit card terminal doesn’t function properly. Sales reports are not refined enough. In general, a very bad system and I would advise any other small business owners to stay away.

Jeff
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Great bang for the buck

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

We have a unique environment here at ESI where we have an engineering & manufacturing facility with an employee cafeteria. There's only one register with a local receipt printer and a networked line printer for the grill/sandwich items. When we installed the software customer support listened well and understood so that it was quite seamless. Then, later when we added debit card support we ordered & received the correct card swipe terminal and were able to turn on the functionality very easily. When we've had network outage issues or had to change IP addressing POS Nation support was very helpful and was able to assist to resolve issues quickly. Overall it has been very good.

Pros

Organization, flexibility and customizability

Cons

The look and feel seems a little clunky...perhaps time for an upgrade?

Response from POS Nation

Thanks for the review, Jeff!

Sonya

CAP Retail review

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

We love this program and would recommend it to small or large businesses. We do $200,00 sales a year and it works great for us.

Pros

CAP Retail is easy to use. We use it on a daily basis in our shop.

Cons

The software is easy to setup and install and once sync your inventory, you are ready to use it. It is fast and easy to reconcile daily sales, monthly sales and year end inventory.

Response from POS Nation

Sonya,

We are happy to hear that the software was easy to setup and install! Reviews like this really make our company proud. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being a valued POS Nation customer!

Mark
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Point of Sale Experience

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

Overall experience has been great with the system and support. We can always count on support when we need them most.

Pros

Inventory reporting is the most helpful enabling our staff to track the least sold to most sold items to stay on top of what our daily customers are wanting.

Cons

Some configuration settings may need to be selected repeatedly in order to save or be enabled but this is not always the case as a minor annoyance.

Response from POS Nation

Mark,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our technical support and our inventory reporting. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business.

Bill
  • Industry: Information Services

Tech Support

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

Pros

Price Point of features/cost benefit. Seems to be a very good point of sale.
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in Tech support is outstanding. He really helped us out with very pin pointed customized features that the customer uses and likes.

Cons

Nothing so much to dislike. It has a lot of the features in a canned product that we can use on a daily basis to run the operation

Response from POS Nation

Bill,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with a member on our support staff, and that he represented POS Nation well. We are also happy to hear that you enjoy all the features and functionalities of the POS System. We look forward to working with you again soon!

Margaret Jane

Manager

Reviewed on 2021/08/26

I love it..

I love it..

Pros

I like that it is very organized, and easy to make reports, if no one else is logging in from another location .
I know yor employee was right letting me know all has access to my store.
I have had numerous problems,but i think its because our company has several locations in which all have access to my location which has been very disturbing.
I appreciate all that you guys have done for me and I am hoping my boss gets employee numbers to keep this from happening again..

Thank you so much for helping me today..

Best,

Jane Brady

Cons

I like it all Basically..
I think its awesome..

Response from POS Nation

Thank you for your kind words, and for taking the time to share your feedback of our company! We greatly appreciate you and your business.

Sharon
  • Industry: Tobacco

We love POS Nation

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

We pay the monthly maintenance fee, which is very helpful when needing assistance in the evenings. We are open from 9am until midnight, so we need support during a wide range of times. POS Nation offers that coverage.

Pros

This software is great at inventory tracking. I use the Advanced Reporting also that allows me to customize various reports that are not offered as a standard report.

Cons

I wish is had a way to export several fields all onto one report into an excel file. The only export offered is from their list of standard reports. So I have to download 2 or more reports into excel and then merge the data together to get the needed information.

Jane
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great Software and Even Better Company

Reviewed on 2020/11/13

Excellent. The team is very easy to work with and actually cares about our business.

Pros

The software is incredibly easy to use. Our Customer Success Manager helped us with onboarding and training, and we were up and running in a matter of days. The software helps us track inventory and issue purchase orders to our vendors. Overall, it's helped us tremendously with running our business.

Cons

Nothing really. If I had to say anything, some of the buttons are a little small.

Response from POS Nation

Jane,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our software and someone within our Customer Success team. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business and thank you for taking the time to write us a review!

Carol

Dependable software/Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

We are very happy with the product. Otherwise, we wouldn't be such long-time customers. We can track sales hourly/daily/monthly/annually as well as by sales code. We can offer discounts to customers and track on type of discount given. Also, helps us keep track of inventory costs/turnover, sales taxes and much more.

Pros

Have been using the CAP POS system in our employees' store for 20 years +. Easy system for cashiers and administrator to learn and use. On the very few occasions that we've had issues, tech support was very responsive and fixed the problem on the first contact. No need for call backs.

Cons

Wish there was some way we could link it to our website so it could automatically track inventory on our online store and show items as sold out. Right now , we run reports daily and adjust manually. But Reports module is very easy to use and provides many different real-time reports with variables depending on info you are looking for.

Response from POS Nation

Carol,

Reviews like this really make our team proud. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being a valued POS Nation customer for over 20 years! We are so happy to hear that our technical support team has been very responsive to fix any problem that you have had throughout the years. Again, thank you for your feedback and kind words.

Bob

CAP POS Software

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

Our largest benefit was the integrated Pennsylvania plcb report. We found that most of customers a re small business operators and they were not looking for a $25,000 software package. It is a reliable product that fit our customers needs.

Pros

It's pretty easy to set up and then train our customers to use it. CAP tailored the product to accommodate our PA beer distributors by creating an integrated PA PLCB Beverage report. CAP support has been very helpful. CAP has most of the features that 99% of our customers actually use/need. The price point is good.

Cons

There are not any substantial cons with CAP that we have encountered.

Response from POS Nation

Bob,

We are happy to hear that our POS System is easy to set up and train your customers on how to use it! We are also happy to hear that the integrated PA PLCB Beverage report has been very accommodating and crucial for your business. Thank you for taking the time to give us a review that makes us proud! We are glad to have you as a customer.

Brian

One of the best

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

Been using CAP for over 14 years

Been using CAP for over 14 years

Pros

Very easy to use and train on. Well thought out and designed.

Cons

Having the ability to save credit cards encrypted on file was a nice feature in the other POS system we had

Response from POS Nation

Brian,

Bony

System Support

Reviewed on 2022/06/12

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] Called Tech Support team with PAX Machine issue!! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] hoped on the computer and directed me to do couple of troubleshooting and it was all fixed with in mins.

Team is always helpful.

Pros

User Friendly!!
Inventory management is super easy!!
Tech support available 24*7!!

Cons

PAX machine disconnects too often!! only issue we have with this POS

Payal

CAP Software is good.

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

Overall, great product.

Overall, great product.

Pros

Cap software easy to manage and operate.

Cons

Support during weekdays and during weekend ( Saturday) has lots of challenges. It’s hard to reach the support time.

Response from POS Nation

Hello Payal,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your honest review! We are very happy to hear that you like the CAP software! We also appreciate your honest feedback on our technical support, which we will use to continue improving our processes. If you have any questions for us, please feel free to email us at [email protected].

Nick

Best POS For Liquor Store.

Reviewed on 2020/11/07

Pros

Easy to operate and maintain POS .
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are best in team.

Cons

Only future it has to be add like Daily Journal Reports so you can see whole day details.

Response from POS Nation

Nick,

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system so far. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

Genevieve
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

CAPS Team

Reviewed on 2020/12/12

Tremendously satisfied

Tremendously satisfied

Pros

Easy user friendly Compared to other POS systems I’ve used this one is right on point

Cons

Can’t think of anything. No complaints on anything.

Response from POS Nation

Genevieve,

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

Cherryle

POSNation Review

Reviewed on 2022/01/26

Inventory is a breeze and balancing is a breeze!

Inventory is a breeze and balancing is a breeze!

Pros

The ease of use! I, the owner, and my staff love how easy it is to ring up customers!

Cons

I did not have any adverse things to say! It’s perfect!

SHANON
  • Industry: Food Production

GREAT PRODUCT AND SERVICE

Reviewed on 2019/03/17

WE HAVE HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY SINCE WE BOUGHT THE SOFTWARE. IF I EVER HAVE ANY ISSUES, POS ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP ME.

Pros

I LIKE THE EASE OF HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS. IM VERY IMPRESSED WITH HOW WE CAN KEEP UP WITH INVENTORY MUCH BETTER THAN BEFORE.

Cons

HONESTLY I HAVE NO DISLIKES WITH THE SOFTWARE

Jay
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great product thus far, Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

Wonderful customer service and support, good value for the money.

Wonderful customer service and support, good value for the money.

Pros

Easy to use software, durable design, only had 2 issues with it in the first full year of use, both were resolved by restarting the system which only took 5 minutes.

Cons

I wish the screen would include an Anti-glare feature as it is used in our Garden center and is always exposed to sun.

Response from POS Nation

We're glad you're enjoying your system, Jay! Thanks for the review.

Scott
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

review

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

fantastic

fantastic

Pros

ease of use...comprehensive...detailed...

Cons

everything is perfect no negative issues very happy

Response from POS Nation

Scott,

Emily

Easy setup and great support

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

Pros

Easy to use software and very helpful staff

Cons

Reporting could be customized further to include or remove information needed or unneeded

Response from POS Nation

Thank you for the review, Emily! We appreciate having you as a customer.

Mitch

POS Nation was the best decision I've ever made.

Reviewed on 2017/06/22

Pros

It helps me run my business! It gives me the information I need to make decisions. I know my best and worst sellers. I know my margins by department. I can run promos to get my customers back in the door.

Chris

POS Nation Review

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

pos nation have the best best customer service i have ever see and the tech support is awesome

Pros

how easy to set up the software is easy to learn and operate

Cons

i do not have any fined i do not like least about the software

Response from POS Nation

We're happy to hear about your positive experience, Chris! Thanks for the review.

Tony

Great System for a Liquor Store!!

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

As mentioned above, getting the Iowa bottle deposit figured out was great. The Tech Support was great to work with. The POS system has a lot of great features that will be helpful in the future. I would recommend this system to any large or small retail business.

Pros

Has everything for my needs as a small Wholesale/Retail liquor store. It has a lot more than I need now but it will come in handy later.

Cons

Tech Support was great in helping figure out a way to get the Iowa bottle deposit configured as a tag along item. Works very good.