Winmo

4,5 (130)
Sales prospecting tool for marketing teams & agencies

Patrick S.

Senior Marketing Manager

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

It has been great. I have used the platform for multiple years and have few major complaints. It has been beneficial for our sales activities. Our Account Manager has always been very responsive to questions.

Pros

As a Marketing Manager who creates go to market strategies and prospecting plans for a national sales force, the Winmo Edge insights, Kantar media data and client contacts are invaluable. My company uses several other prospecting tools and Winmo is by far the most user friendly platform we use. The recent acquisitions they've added to the platform have also been beneficial for me and my team.

Cons

Downloads are can be ate up quickly when using for mass prospecting activities which forces us to be much more strategic in what we export. For example, we call on agencies across the country and acquiring contacts across the account teams can be arduous project.

James T.
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Awesome product in theory.

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

It's a mixed bag. Ultimately, in our event/experiential staffing niche, we've not netted a ton of business as a result of the research and lists we've been able to pull out of Winmo to date. It's been most useful to me as a research tool, but not as a back door to awesome contacts.

Pros

- capability to search from multiple directions to arrive at the same research goal.
- I never got a bounce back on an email I found on Winmo.
- Winmo Edge is my favorite.
- Great for top down searches.

Cons

- There was a deficit of contacts in the level that I needed to connect. (Directors and Account Managers)
- Phone numbers were generally not direct numbers, but company numbers.
- Every time I change from agency search to contact search, etc., the page has to reload.
- I don't like the contact management within Winmo. I have to export them to use them effectively.

Not ideal or cost effective for mid-sized or smaller

Reviewed on 2021/02/12

Overall, it’s a nice to have platform but for the cost it’s very difficult to justify if you aren’t one of the largest organizations, going after almost exclusively the largest organizations in a space. Additionally, the limited exports make it clunky.

Pros

The predictive insights are really helpful and the daily digests and customizable alerts allow me to stay really up to date with the industry, what’s happening, and be proactive before things are very widely known.

Cons

The database itself is insanely expensive for what it is. It’s often inaccurate (outdated) and really really heavily focused on the most massive companies - which I actually find are the easiest to uncover contact information for on my own anyways. If you plan to build large lists and export for any reason, this is absolutely not the most cost effective platform for you. Same goes with needing mid sized or smaller business contacts, definitely not the place for it.

Bonnie B.

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

I find relevant prospecting information from Winmo Edge that allows me to quickly reach out to prospects and get their attention. The time Winmo saves from a prospecting standpoint is invaluable. It allows me to focus my time on getting in front of brands rather than hunting down their contact information.

Pros

Winmo is a massive time saver when it comes to prospecting for the marketing world. With a few clicks, you can create vertical-specific prospect lists that are typically up to date. I love the company profiles as well as being able to sort companies in so many ways.

Cons

I don't like that there isn't an "emerging brand" category and they don't have a plethora of small-cap companies.

Tracy O.

Daily dose of Winmo

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

Love receiving WinmoEdge every morning. The information is timely, full of great information specific to the brand, their current agency situation as well as identifying contacts. Get my daily dose and review it each day. It's a quick read and a necessary tool for client retention and business development. It's a primary tool I use each day.

Pros

Timely & relevant, identifies current agency relationships, new hires, identifies title and contact information, HQ office and more.

Cons

I can't say that I have any cons to note about Winmo at this time.

Jess S.

Help From Winmo

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

My overall experience with Winmo has been quite positive and I would definitely recommend!

Pros

I love the ease in use of Winmo. There are tons of different options to filter when searching for companies and agencies, which is incredibly helpful. It's absolutely my go-to research tool!

Cons

The only con I could note about this software is that I've run into a few occasions where individuals I was looking to contact were not listed or the email formula had been changed, but Winmo is wonderful about responding to inquiries for specific contact info.

Billi W.

Keep doing a great job!

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Winmo helps me grow my business!

Pros

I love the access to look up all categories of business, and the ability to find the right points of contact for collaborating on strategic partnership offers. The industry news, accounts and people on the move are all extremely important.

Cons

there is nothing I do not like about this software

Patricia J.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Patricia's Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Excellent. I'm always able to get great new leads on a regular basis and any leads that have incorrect email addresses are promptly revised.

Pros

Ease of use and design. Very logically laid out.

Cons

On the Recent Contacts - it would be extremely helpful to have the Agency one color and the Brand Another color. If you're unclear what I'm referring to please reach out.

Spencer B.

Winmo is a fantastic product!

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

It was very positive. Customer service was great as my two reps were very quick to respond and help.

Pros

I really like the entire database. The easy accessibility to find contacts at companies makes it very easy to prospect. My favorite tool, however, is Winmo Edge. Having access to those up to date articles is huge!

Cons

I would say that there are a lot of unbounces/undeliverables. If I were winmo, I would credit back all bounces/undeliverable emails.

Catherine C.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

A necessary resource !

Reviewed on 2021/06/08

Winmo helps me find contacts for clients, which agency companies are with and their services, and new opportunities and new marketing insights. I use it everyday and I could not imagine doing my job without Winmo, It would be 10x harder.

Pros

The amount of information on this website is amazing! You can find anything from contacts to spend to new opportunities.

Cons

It does not have all the smaller/independent companies, brands, or agencies that I sometimes look for, it has all of the bigger and more known companies.

Since learning about WinmoEgde, it is now the first thing I open up when I get to my desk

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Overall, as someone who is one the phones and constantly prospecting, I would recommend Winmo to anyone who wants new data at their finger tips that can seamlessly integrate with their CRM. I notice your efforts to constantly be improving and listening to feedback and appreciate that as a customer.

Pros

Since going through a training with Shelby on all the functions of Winmo, I have been logging in as soon as I get to my desk to see new articles on WinmoEdge and really utilize the vulnerable accounts list in my prospecting efforts. I also like to see the wide array of companies you have data for as well as media spend, revenue, agency relationships and personality traits.

Cons

I think the challenge is keeping the info up to date. I do often times download a new contact and find out they have since left the company. Because you can only check on this info so often, I would propose a better process for Winmo users to requesting an append for contacts at a certain company or maybe this already exists and if so, I would like to be informed on what it is. Really glad that the duplicate feature was recently installed ... that is a big help! I also think offering companies an incentive for multiple users is a good idea because the more associates that use it within an organization, the more advocates you will have (again, maybe this is something you already do.. I was not a part of the purchasing process).

Edward M.

Ad Tech Platform - Usage Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

I have had a great experience with Winmo. When I first started my career, I would spend HOURS... putting together contact lists using AdDataExpress. Now later in my career, Winmo has made that process MUCH easier... With the dashboard. Being more senior in my past few roles, I have helped bring Winmo to three companies. To use as the base of our contact and sales funnel tool. Even leading my own Winmo Training internally. It is a vital tool in our US business.

Pros

The added information on Brands and Agencies. The partnership integrations are very helpful. The amount of info on the contacts is very helpful. I also like the Salesforce upload process and managing contact lists.

Cons

The filtering of contact results. Since its based on title names, it can be a challenge to find the right person. Another example is if a contact works on an account, say Toyota, it will have all the brands, not just that they work on Toyota, and you will get different results based on different brands of the same company. It can be a tedious process.

Also the Lack of international contacts. Digital Media is becoming more aligned globally, having access to agencies and brands globally would increase our use of the product expoendiatlly.

Rita H.
  • Industry: Media Production

Rita Hearn Hill - Winmo review

Fiilters are the best.

Pros

The new information about ads, trends, character of contact. The best!

Cons

Dated information. It's frustrating to reach out and find out someone hasn't been there for a while. Also there should be a function for do not reach out again, so I remember who told me not to do so.

Response from List Partners

Thanks so much for your feedback Rita! There's a couple tools I wanted to point out which may be helpful for you. One is the ability to "flag" a contact in Winmo (to tell us if it's not up to snuff - just click the flag icon) and two is the "notes" capability - you can record a note on any profile using the Add Note button at the top. I will have your account manager follow up, but just wanted to drop a line to say thank you. Great feedback from a valued user, we very much appreciate you taking the time!

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Prospecting for new business is always a struggle and Winmo is my life saver! without it, I'm not sure I would survive. It is my life line to all that I do. I can dig and search for about anything and EVERYTHING I do. I recommend this software to anyone and everyone I come into contact with, whether client/agency/prospect... I absolutely am their biggest advocate.

Pros

Winmo is invaluable. The insight that you can find on any given advertiser is amazing. If something you are looking for isn't there? Not to worry, just ask and they will find it for you! I can't live with out it.

Cons

nothing. To be honest, the only CON is there could be too much information, but is that really true? not in my opinion.

• Industry: Broadcast Media

Navigation perfected

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Winmo/Addata has been instrumental in business development. It is essential in navigating the a landscape where the average CMO tenure is less than 24-months. Everyone is moving all the time and Winmo is the must-have to help one navigate. Would pay for it even if my company didn't.

Pros

-The ability to query the holding company or a division within a holding company provides the results you need.
-Like how the DiSC assessment in included in a contact's profile

Cons

-Not a fan of the pop-up query before every search
-When doing a query, you go into your list, review a contact and then hit back, it's like you have to start the query over

Jackie C.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Winmo Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Pros

I like that it is super easy to use, and is a top source in my industry to find contact info for sponsorship and marketing decision makers.

Cons

I have really struggled with finding accurate contact information in the last year. I always have to double-check LinkedIn to make sure titles are correct, and often there are discrepancies, or the people no longer work at the company. There is also a lot of missing info all together... I find a lot more people on LinkedIn than are included in the Winmo Database for various companies, which is frustrating... because my purpose of using Winmo is to get those email addresses and phone numbers.

Response from List Partners

This is helpful feedback for us Jackie, thanks for taking the time to provide a review. I'll have our account management team reach out to address some of your missing info concerns - and an inside scoop - we're in the process of a big sponsorship contact addition project which will hit Winmo shortly, I think it will be a big help! Thanks again for your feedback.

• Industry: Sports
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Winmo for the Salesperson

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Throughout years in sales at different companies, Winmo has always been a tool that I have taken with me for my career.

Pros

Without Winmo, prospecting in a sales job would be next to impossible. The in-depth information allows me to find and connect with potential partners. From contact and company information to brand planning and budget trends, Winmo provides an overview that is not available anywhere else.

Cons

I would love a feature to populate a company or find a contact if it is not listed in Winmo.

Erika M.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Sales Optimization Gold

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

WinmoEdge is a key competitive advantage when reaching decision makers at my top accounts. I definitely feel better positioned when cold calling into accounts after having sent a compelling POV Winmo helped me create.

Pros

I use Winmo daily for research and intel on the account/contact level. Everything from key contacts specific to your niche, to compelling events happening at the account uncovered through someone at Winmo writing easy to consume points that sellers can use from 10k's, quarterly earnings reports, agency and leadership transitions, quotes, linked articles, - basically gold.

Cons

I work on the brand side, some of the intel can be agency heavy/focused.

I got to have my Winmo!

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

In my line of work - I really can't live without it. It is perfect for advertising media prospecting. Thank you so much!

Pros

With great ease - you can discover who is the most likely name to go after within each company or agency listing. I also love the fact that OOH is in the breakout of media spend - as it should be.

Cons

Sometimes some of the newer companies I prospect are not in the database and I have to reach out to customer support for help in finding them. But that does not happen often.

Zev S.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Quality Prospects At Your Fingertips

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

This product was explored as an option but ultimately our company went to Salesforce instead. It was considered downstream to use at a later date

Pros

Large amount of contacts in their database so that you can get in contact with the correct person. The information is not outdated and typically up to date. Really liked the list building feature

Cons

there are some occasions where the information is not correct but that is to be expected. I'd like to see more integrations with other sales software tools

Francesca P.

Great resource for vendors

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Overall experience has been great. I continue to use Winmo daily as a primary resource for news and contacts.

Pros

I use Winmo almost daily! It is great for finding contacts at brands or agencies and keeping up to date on daily news across marketing topics. It's Winmo Edge feature is especially useful (Winmo's news platform that publishes content on everything from campaign launches to RFPs.)

Cons

Not a lot to complain about here. Sometimes there isn't a ton of information on smaller brands or startups - however, Winmo allows its users to request information that isn't already available, such as contacts.

Winmo can be a better sales prospecting tool

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

I've used numerous sales prospecting tools and Winmo is just a few points higher than the rest. It could improve especially with the data for start-ups then it would be much better than the rest. So far, it's just similar to other tools.

Pros

What I liked the most about Winmo is it's added features. That is what separates it from other sales prospecting tools. With WinmoEdge, it provides the latest news on companies and brands. You'll be able to use Adbeat to view media/ads stats of brands. You can also see media spots from the previous campaigns they ran. I also love the company filter 'Social Demographics' (Beta) giving more filtered results as well as the 'Company Specialty' which helps me better look for companies and brands that fits our target market perfectly.

Cons

As a sales prospecting tool, you'll expect to have data for most of the companies you are searching for. The common issue with most of these tools is that they are very limited with small to semi-medium companies and start-ups. I think that's what will make Winmo better if it starts adding data for small to medium enterprises more.

Caryn T.
  • Industry: Media Production

The best lead provider in the world.

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

I rely on Winmo to keep me abreast of the industry's updates. As it changes daily, recewiving the information each day is vital. Because it's sent to me via email, I don't have to go anywhere on the web to find the information. It's right in my Inbox.

Pros

Current. Ease of use. Daily emails. Simple to use for looking up agencies, contact, companies.

Cons

No U.S. teritory (Puerto Rico/St. Thomas) information, but you can't have everything.

Kristin W.

Helpful tool for more than just prospecting

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Overall I do like using Winmo, it's my first go to place followed by LinkedIn and SellerCrowd.

Pros

I like the search functionality and how we the brand team is separated by the company contacts. I do appreciate the level of information offered on the individual account.

Cons

I wish it would update more frequently as I sometimes see discrepancies between what I cross reference on LinkedIn.

Blanche J.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Feedback on Winmo daily use for Sales Prospecting

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Its a helpful tool to use when prospecting for business would like to see it categorize by industry by city

Pros

I like that I can basically google search the account or agency that i need to reach out to.

Cons

very frequently the email info is wrong and also some of the companies are not listed and I have to google on line for the company website but again does not have the contacts that I need on it