Recapped

Proposal management solution for B2B sales teams

Imran A.

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Really easy to use , helped us organise

Pros

Easy of use ,
My team is always on the same page

Cons

Should have a payment options for clients to accept and pay , like linking with PayPal etc

Mario A.

Easy to use proposal delivery software

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

Pros

Very easy to create the proposals and deliver them to clients. We have been using Google Docs for years and this simplified the process.

Cons

The LinkedIn login was kind of a turn off. I understand the premise behind easy logins having built a TON of applications that use social authentication but that being said I also am well aware of how easy it is to implement alternative logins. Not a deal breaker.

Eric N.

Excellent tool for small business

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Love it, overall. It's been a tremendous tool in my sales efforts.

Pros

Gets everyone on the same page, clients and staff. Easy templates and more.

Cons

No seeing/editing of those who you have shared with - and no obvious way to find the direct link to the recap to share manually.

Response from Recapped

Thanks for the kind words Eric, glad to hear Slight Revision has been able to benefit! Happy to help in any instance.

Simple and very functional

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

With Recapped.io I have managed to centralize all my clients in one place in a simple and fast way

Pros

Ease of use for me and my clients. Very complete and that I can save templates helps me saving time.

Cons

I hope they'll soon incorporate a payment gateway. Also, the chat section has several uncomfortable faults such as not being able to write texts in long paragraphs.

Mat K.
  • Industry: Automotive

Easy tool for client collaboration

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Overall it’s a great deal for the money. Any digital marketing consultant should have this tool.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. It’s simple and self explanatory.

Cons

It didn’t seem easy to edit and update from mobile.

Response from Recapped

Thanks for the recommendation Mat, glad to hear it's been helpful

Adriano C.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Solid Tool with huge potential

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Pros

how easy it is and flexible in adding as many items as you which

Cons

it still needs improvements and let's hope they will keep on track with their roadmap

Cheri C.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

It's OK but....

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

I can see the how it would be great for my agency when I have group trips. However it has some defects that makes it almost impossible for me to utilize so that it would be productive for me.

Pros

Got it at a great value during Black Friday.

Cons

It has a lot of bugs that need to be worked out. This makes it quite difficult to use. I am hoping that improvements will be made as this could be quite useful to me.

Matt M.
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Used Other for Free Trial

evaluating usefulness for my group specifically

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

i've been in it twice. Customer Service (mark) has been over the top responsive. Month to month at that price point, at our infant stage of standing up the sales process, deters me from mentioning it in the quarterly spend, however gives me a chance to use it personally to vet then launch w/ sales team.

Pros

it exists. meaning reps do need a way to professional and quickly recap their conversations and get analytics on the next steps.

Cons

we have a growing tech stack. as sales director in a professional services firm there are a lot of tools and hands during a customer journey. we're still exploring our tech stack and where recapped fits in in best practices. so for the price, evaluating the tool and getting sales people to use. it's more of a function of defining our sales process cadence vs. recapped specifically.

Brad T.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Very good proposal software, looking forward to more features

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I've gotten my first payment for our project already. I can see this tool becoming invaluable over time, even for the small part of the workflow it has helped improve. I look forward to seeing how it evolves over time.

Pros

Having a dedicated tool that lets me focus my communication with clients is crucial, and I like the way that the page is laid out in a clear and consistent manner. The ability to get feedback and communicate in real time with clients here is great.

Cons

One client of mine had issues accessing the site using Internet Explorer. I didn't really dig into it as he was able to access it using Chrome (what I would have recommended), but since I only have a mac, I couldn't replicate his issue. According to him, all he saw was a blank screen in IE. I'm also looking forward to getting more features from the roadmap.

Response from Recapped

Congrats on the first payment! Happy to have helped, please let us know if you have any questions.

Great collaboration tool

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

I love that I can add people from multiple organizations to the same dashboard and assign clear, time bound tasks to those collaborating on a project. It allows us to share and upload various documents for all to see and hold each other accountable for tasks.

Cons

The dashboard can get cluttered if you use this for multiple projects at once, but they're apparently working on a way to easily organize multiple projects at once.

Athena E.

Recapped.io everything I needed and more

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

They took the time to walk me through the program and answer my questions personally. No trying to wade through tutorials and trying to figure it out on my own. Made it easy to use.

Pros

The ease of use (and resuse) of contracts and now being able to capture payments as well.

Cons

At this point, can't think of a darn thing.

Andrew S.

B2B sales teams need this

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Pros

Clean and zero-friction experience for the client.
Facilitates a mutual action plan and keeps everyone focused on what’s next.

Cons

Originally there were a couple key functions missing but the recapped team has been quick to update.

Randy D.

Should I buy Recapped.io

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I am a solopreneur and I have been able to communicate more effectively with future customers. I used recapped.io in place of a more expensive full-featured program. My clients want value and content without a lot of fluff.

Pros

Allows me to create a nice presentation for my prospects. It's easy to add sections and create a pricing page.

Cons

The editing features are not as robust as I would like. They need to add more standard editing features.

Eric C.
  • Industry: Entertainment

This is great!

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

Very pleased with the direction and I can not wait to see what will happen in the years to come.

Pros

My team members are having a great turn over with this platform. I wish that I could have found it sooner!

Cons

Not a big con.... but I do to learn a long way around attaching payment methods, Zelle / Paypal and the others, to my documents (but it looks nice)...

Super Easy

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

easy to use and helpful support

Pros

Realy easy and modular based. Helpful in situations where you need to create template based proposals with espcialy for those that requires action.

Cons

Limited features. I would love to see more ready template based components that can make proposal building as drag and drop.

• Industry: Media Production

Recapped to stay in touch

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

Pros

Makes it easy to stay on top of the key items that you need to work on with your clients.

Cons

I would've liked a skillshare or similar type of course to figure out how to fully leverage ReCapped

Kevin M.

Fast & Easy

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I like using recapped for fast proposals or projects that doesn't require a busy overly complicated process for myself or my clients.

Pros

You can have a proposal/client space set up in under 5-10 minutes with recapped. Simple UI makes dragging your proposal blocks easier than you'd expect. Out of all the platforms used, clients never had a problem learning the platform. No "hoops" to jump through.

Cons

The low number of ways to log in and switch login methods are a pain. But I believe changes were being discussed.

Response from Recapped

Glad to hear there you're enjoying Recapped, Kevin!

Meliza zaneta S.

Loving it so far!

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

What I like most about this proposal tool is being able to assign responsible parties to a certain task or milestone. It's also easy to use and drag and drop certain sections of a proposal. I also like their responsive CS team.

Cons

While the feature (adding other currencies) I asked was already deployed, I am still unable to use it because I would want to assign different currencies per project proposal, not as centralized setting. I hope this can be done in the near future.

Recapped Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

I definitely appreciate the personal touch/care with customer service

Pros

Its serving its purpose of being able to keep everything in one spot... I like that you can attach documents and I like having a checklist

Cons

Wish it would be live with edits as opposed to having to refresh the page to see them (i.e. live like a google sheets doc would be).

Also- if we're constantly adding the same person to be invited onto all our recappeds.... I wish there was a way to just click their name/have a favorites invite tab

Response from Recapped

Thanks for the feedback! We actually are working on making everything "live" (like a Google Doc). Keep a look out for the updates in the future

Jayme A.

Recapped.io = Intuitive and user friendly

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Overall, I have been happy with recapped.io. I think at this price, its an absolute steal. I am happy to use it and my clients all like how simple and easy to use the software is!

Pros

Recapped.io was my choice after moving from a more complicated software that left my clients and I wishing for something a little more user friendly. I love that this program has all the major features I want without being bloated with useless features or overly complicated menus. The ease of use for my clients and I is definitely the biggest selling point.

Cons

The software is new, so it does not have every integration you could want. The team there is very supportive and is working hard to make sure that the user base's needs are met. I have full faith that they will roll out more useful features and integrations in the near future!

Evan H.

FilterEasy Evan Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Failure to launch with partners who don't successfully do the assigned tasks without constant supervision

Pros

Simplicity and Reminders. Ability to assign direct tasks to direct party responsible.

Cons

Not much, would like integrations with SF and Outreach so it can be added to our workflow.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great Idea - Not Working as Intended

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

I enjoyed setting it up and getting organized. However, I ended up realizing that I was trying so hard to make it work. Also, my clients were frustrated.

Pros

I love how easy it was to log in and use the system.

Cons

The system has the bones of a great resources for me and my clients to work collaboratively. However, there are so many features that look like they work as should but dont. I tried my best to make it work, but I ended up stopping it's use and going back to my shared google docs. One main function that is so frustrating is that you cannot delete comments, or edit them. So weird, especially if you make a mistake on a comment to an action item.

Response from Recapped

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having issues with the software. We added the functionality to delete comments over a month ago, as well as some other features.

Would you like to have a Customer Support rep walk you through and show you how this can be done?

Alexx L.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Streamlines Sales

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

Pros

It's easy to use. I love the idea. It streamlines the sales/onboarding process which is a common problem area in so many companies. Thank you for building this.

Cons

This may be a feature and I haven't figured it out yet. But I'd really like it if we could upload our contracts and use E-signature through recap to allow our customers to sign as easily as possible.

Response from Recapped

Hey Alexx, thanks for the great feedback!

If you're using another vendor for e-signatures, you can add them to the recap by adding a "link block" (under "add content" when creating a recap). Just insert the link to the e-signature page and it will be added.

Eleanor G.

Quick & Simple Proposal/Project tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

I like the simplicity of the tool. It enables me to send out proposals quickly.

Pros

Quick and simple. Everything is in one place and you know when stakeholders have viewed and opened the proposal. I want to get my proposals out fast with the minimum of fuss and without superfluous fancy bells and whistles.

Cons

Would like an email notification when stakeholders open the Recap.

Response from Recapped

Hey Eleanor, we're actually adding the ability to receive emails when a client opens your email later next week! Be on the lookout for updates :)

• Used Other for 6-12 months

Mediocre for our needs

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

I think if we had simpler proposals to share and our clients weren’t on mobile, this might be a more attractive solution.

Pros

Most anything cloud based that works well is great and Recapped is that for sure. It’s easy to access, share proposals, and get feedback.

Cons

We are an IT Services business and our proposals can be complex. Recapped has some flexibility, but a spreadsheet works better for our more complex proposals. Also viewing the site from a mobile browser is kinda clunky. Desktop browser for best results.