Pushpay

Giving and engagement management for churches

4,4
3,8
4,3
4,5
4,1
Drake D.

We loved PushPay but eventually had to move on

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Pros

PushPay has a great support team that wishes for you to succeed. It has a great infrastructure that has an extremely easy way for people to give with multiple options. It was our first real online and digital giving option and we loved working with them. They helped bring us into the 21st century.

Cons

Though we loved working with PushPay, when we took them on there was not much option in Canada for online giving and as other options came out we landed on a system that was integrated into our church database software better. It was not due to our displeasure of PushPay that we left but for our systems to be under one umbrella. Only real complaint is PuahPay can be a bit pricier than other options.

Jonathan S.

Pushpay - Easy to Use for Contributors and Administrators

Reviewed on 2019/07/20

Pros

The cleanliness and simplicity for online contributors and for volunteer admins.

Cons

The report capabilities compared to our previous software provider are lacking. We are unable to run custom reports with ease.

Industry: Religious Institutions

Solid but does not compete

Reviewed on 2020/10/10

Pushpay is solid but very expensive. Churches have other options that provide more features for less.

Pros

The Pushpay platform does what they promised it would do. Also, the support team is very responsive and helpful.

Cons

The integration with our ChMS (Church Mgmt System) could be better. I would like to see PP to find more ways to prevent duplicate records.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

James C.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

False Promotion of Fees

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

When our church signed up (Irving, TX), we were assured that the credit card processing fees were cheaper than other options (PayPal was specifically mentioned) and would run 2-2.5%. We used Push Pay for nearly two years. Our last several months, the credit card processing fees were 3.5-3.8%, far more than other companies. Then they raised their monthly fees from $75-99. All total, factoring in ACH, we paid 2.9% on our $13,000 of Push Pay revenue in October ($380). That is not acceptable. Most of all, I am disappointed in the deceit perpetrated in the pricing.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Limited to one bank account in processing. Overall fees are misrepresented and quite high.

Response from Pushpay

Hey Jim, I noticed you posted about about this yesterday as well and I have personally taken your complaint up to our processing team. They explained the reason why the CC processing fee was high (due to the types of credit cards used) and they would love to talk with you about it. Would you like someone to call you today? -Stephanie

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Church just switched over to this

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Overall, very easy to use. No complaints on this software. It does its job, and doesn’t seem to charge a crazy processing fee for credit cards either. That’s always nice.

Pros

It’s very easy to use ... I can text an amount and give to my church, or I can go on our church website and click the giving button .

Cons

I dislike that it doesn’t integrate with Planner, which we use to coordinate all of our church teams. We used to be able to give right in the app itself when we check our scheduling, but cannot do that with Pushpay. Takes a little while to get used to. But not that much.

Becky K.

Very User Friendly

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

Overall, it's been a good experience. I love that I have a "person" at Pushpay that I can reach out to anytime I have a question. I don't have to submit a help ticket - I can go directly to a person. He's been very responsive if I've had a question. And it's very user friendly for our congregation members. There are a ton of features we haven't even used yet, so I'm excited to keep learning and taking advantage of all the great stuff Pushpay has to offer.

Pros

It's been very easy to use Pushpay. They walked me through importing data from my old software so that I have complete data in Pushpay. It's been easy for our members to set up their donations, which they have very much appreciated! I recently did my first round of giving statements, and that process went smoothly. Overall, I am very satisfied!

Cons

There are just a couple of little things that I don't love, but nothing major. The first is that once I imported old data, and then our members went in to set up their new giving information, I was left with a lot of duplicates. I can "join" those records together, but I'm not allowed to actually just merge them. I would prefer to merge them so I am just left with 1 giving record. Secondly, when I did giving statements, I was given a list to print for all who didn't have an email in the system. There was no way to hit print just once to print them all out; I had to print each one individually. That was time consuming.

Ko-ko O.
Industry: Graphic Design
Company size: Self Employed

Helps You Stay On Top of Your Giving

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

I've enjoyed using Pushpay. It makes it very convenient to give, especially during this pandemic when many people are attending church online.

Pros

I use my smart phone to do the majority of my online giving, and with Pushpay I'm able to easily and securely give to my local church. It helps me to stay on top of returning the tithe first, before spending any of my income. I also like that I can look back and see a list of previous transactions.

Cons

If there was one feature that I would add, it would be the ability for the user to set reminders to give at a predetermined day/time. The user could specify whether they would like to receive a text message or an email reminder. I know there is a Recurring feature built into the software, but the amount that I give weekly changes based on the amount of income I received that week, so that option wouldn't work for me. I think the next best thing would be just to have an option to send a reminder to the user.

Marissa S.

Game changer!

Reviewed on 2020/02/16

Our church uses this software for "text to give" and "app giving." Great way to be available for those who don't carry cash or checkbooks on them and want to give to a project.

Pros

I love the convenience of this software. It is linked to our church app so it is very easy to get to and use, along with the "text to give" with our church's name being the subject.

Cons

I wish it wouldn't lump the giving amounts together. It is sometimes time-consuming to figure out which giving records were lumped together.

Rebecca A.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Maintaining our giving base

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/03/17

Good. It has helped even those least experienced with technology to provide the regular contributions that they want to ensure the church receives.

Pros

This product has allowed us to receive continued support from our donor base across a wide geographic and demographic area. It has become even more critical with the changes created by COVID- 19.

It is both user friendly for the contributors and provides us with all that we need to track and record giving.

Cons

Bank reconciliation is not easy. It does require less time than processing physical giving (checks, cash), but still is a multi step process.

Grant B.
Industry: Religious Institutions

It worked, but it was a little bit pricier

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/06/11

It was definitely workable while it lasted, but we eventually moved to a different product.

Pros

I liked that once we signed up, we were able to use it almost immediately. People switched to it right away.

Cons

Once we looked at other giving platforms, we were a little disappointed with the fees and pricing. Also, filtering giving reports and lookups was very clunky at times.

Jill P.

Seemed great

Reviewed on 2019/10/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Set up was done very well and quickly. Responses were very fast in the set up phase. Once that was completed it was days/weeks/months before someone would respond via email. When you call their 800 number you're directed to leave voicemail and then they email you in response but those can also take a week or more to receive a response.
Integration with QB has been broken for months and no response. Was essentially told that our issue was not urgent and would be handled "when they have time". For months prior to that they had our account set up on the wrong time zone so deposits going into bank were different than deposits being recorded into software.
Year renewal is near and we are no longer happy with the service received or the responses. We feel as though they were more concerned about making a "sale" and no longer feel important as a customer.

Pros

Ease of use. Quality of product. Increase of online giving.

Cons

Issues with integration. Customer support once the setup was completed. Does not integrate with Quickbooks online well. Issues with data properly migrating over.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Shelley S.

Pushpay is amazing

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

Pushpay has allowed our Church to streamline our giving, texting, events and app all in one for a single user experience.

Pros

Pushpay is seamless and the Customer Support is amazing, quick and Knowledgeable.

Cons

Some features make it difficult to get the job done and reporting is minimal.

Monique H.
Industry: Religious Institutions

great if you do not have your own application

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

ease of use, great reports, excellent customer care

Pros

Our donors loved the different modes of giving: weekly, bi-weekly, bi-monthly, monthly. And, once they had registered, which took about 1 minute, they could subsequently give within 10 seconds, without re-entering their financial information. As a bookkeeper, I enjoyed the different online reports downloadable in Excel. For each donation, the report included: date, time, donor, amount, donation category, donor's email address, mobile number, credit card type.
We also received monthly reports on the transaction fees incurred. For the American Express transactions, after 1 month of usage, we were given the choice of having the fees withdrawn directly at payout of deducted at the beginning of the following month.

Cons

Service provider did not respect their promise to refund subscription fee.
At the time of signing, the service provider guaranteed a 5% offering increase. If the target was not met, they would refund the annual subscription fee.
After the contract had ended, they denied us the refund on the premise that we had nullified the guarantee because we had started advertising an alternate service provider 2 weeks before the end of the contract.

Response from Pushpay

Thank you for your response Monique! We appreciate your feedback.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Stephanie M.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Pushpay makes transactions easy!

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Pros

The Pushpay app allows a user to interact with an organization easily to process payments. We use this for a non-profit organization and it streamlines all of our gifts into one simple platform. A customer can make changes and set up recurring payments at any time. Pushpay has been great to work with!

Cons

The is not a way for an administrator to help a "customer" adjust their payment while on the phone- it requires the customer to login and make those adjustments. In a day in age where customer service is of utmost precedence, this would definitely add a layer of top notch care to their experience. Another con would be the limited options for a customer to pay recurring payments. The 1st and 15th are good options, except for those who want to ensure that their paychecks clear before they process their payment. These customers need to set up two recurring payment options to work best for their financials.

Pushpay Hype & Followup

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

On a whole, the experience has been a positive one. However, moving forward, we now have specific items we will ask about when inquiring with other businesses to better fulfill our desired experience for users.

Pros

Pushpay has allowed our organization to move into this century. We were behind and now have the capabilities that the younger generations are looking for in terms of interacting with our organization. From electronic giving to development of a mobile app; we are incredible thankful to now be functioning in these areas. And within the app, our favorite function is the ability to send Push Notifications.

Cons

We would love the ability to better update our app from a mobile device. Currently using the web browser on a mobile device is extremely difficult. Even if we had the capability to send Push Notifications alone, that would be helpful. And then, another major frustration is the notifications do not show up on mobile devices as notifications for the app. Users of the app have to search within in the app for Push Notifications, instead of being reminded that they have a notification from our organization with the red bubble with the number of notifications remaining unseen.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Brent P.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Moved a large church to Pushpay about a year ago

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Pros

They are very flexible and knowledgeable with regards to setup/migration/install, etc... We've had zero problems but have had to get most of our users migrated on our end. We did a rapid change over the course of a few months (they recommend 6) and all went well. We sync it to Rock RMS for giving records and it works great too.

Cons

Cost was a hike over what we were used to, but the feature gains and the ease of mobile giving and setup of recurring online givers helps make up the difference. A lot of competitors also include claims of 5% boosts in income with their solution, but we really did see that with Pushpay. Not sure what is attributable to Pushpay's system vs normal growth, but it was nice to not see a drop across a major system migration!

Michael M.
Industry: Religious Institutions

We use pushpay for all of our online church giving.

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

Increased users.

Pros

PushPay makes giving very simple, gives you a free app you can use along with their app and software. They are very helpful in terms of customer service and very responsive to inquiries and problems. We also integrate pushpay with our Rock RMS database, which has been very nice,

Cons

The price. It is a steep price you pay to use pushpay. A monthly + fees and percentages, it all adds up to quite a bit. They do make giving much easier for your church so some cost is offset by the addition of new and first time givers who were maybe turned off from the previous system. We are still working through some of that and considering if in the end it is ultimately worth it for us.

Response from Pushpay

Thank you so much for your review Michael!

Earle K.

Excellent Giving App... Giving Kiosk experience is horrendous.

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Pros

Push pay is an excellent giving platform. It encourages online and automated giving. The app and txt option are easy and straightforward! We are getting ready to launch this at our campus and cannot wait!

Cons

As an I.T. support team member, I am hyper sensitive to providing a positive user experience. We currently have 2 giving kiosks deployed in our atrium. They are extremely easy to use. A gift can be completed in less than a minute. There is no typing involved (outside phone number and amount of the gift. Pushpay does not have a giving kiosk experience. The solution (for them) is a one time gift, and the user has to type out all of their information (name, address, phone number, email address, etc.) Then, on the next page they have to input their CC information (number, expiration date, security code), and this info is not redacted on the screen at all. This entire process (with an above average typing speed) takes about 3 minutes. This is not a good experience. It is not secure. Shoulder surfing becomes a major concern! That is why I have given a 2 star rating on the features and functionality. I understand Pushpay is trying to encourage giving on an app or automation, and I am all for that! However, if this is the case, they should not offer this "in-between" solution that is neither an app nor a kiosk. When we contacted support about the non-redaction of the CC info, we were met with indifference at best. It is almost as if they are wanting to punish the user for wanting to walk up to a kiosk to give their hard earned money. At least, this is how I felt when I was testing the system.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Philip R.
Industry: Religious Institutions

It's an option, but don't forget there are more and possibly better solutions for your church

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/07/24

The benefit is an online giving solution, but I found a better solution for our church.

Pros

The best feature of PushPay is their customer service. They are willing to take the time to answer every question you have. I set up a phone call/demonstration for our team to review PushPay as a possible vendor for our church. They gladly worked around our schedule, took plenty of time to teach/explain it to us, all the while, they knew we might not be using their product in the future. Their eagerness to assist was unparalleled.

Cons

It doesn't provide the easiest end user experience. In my research, there are other companies that provide a better experience for the end user and at a cheaper price. PushPay does a phenomenal job marketing their company and making sure you know who they are, but just because you know the name, that doesn't mean they are the best for your purposes. Check around before making the decision. They might be the best fit for you; they might not be.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Kayla S.

Review of Pushpay

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Pros

What an amazing software! I have nothing but good things to say about Pushpay. One of the best features of this app is the customization they allow when you use Pushpay as your host for your app. We worked with a great team from Pushpay who listened to our requests, were very responsive to our questions, and helped suggest things that we missed, all to make our app the best it could be. With Pushpay, our app gets used daily by many people, and it allows us to engage our people on a whole new level. I highly, highly recommend this.

Cons

With any new software, it can be intimating to learn the ins and outs. However, Pushpay's customer support is outstanding. They have answered all of my questions in a very timely fashion.

Robin D.

Great for online giving

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

I believe it encourages generosity in our church because it is incredibly simple. It's not just techies who give through pushpay!

Pros

It is simple to use, either online or by text. The auto withdrawal is invaluable. The daily reports I receive on giving are easy to work with

Cons

They send a lot of emails with a parent organization (I think). I will receive emails from Church Fuel or something that, at first glance, I don't associate with pushpay.

Roger F.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Good donation solution, better options are available

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

Overall this is a good platform and it is one of several really good options for church donation systems. Pushpay also ads app development to their features which is a nice addition.

Pros

We used pushpay for over two years with great success. It is a great giving solution with a lot of features. It has online, text, and app based giving and ability to enter cash and check gifts. End of year statements is well setup and provides easy printing and emailing as needed.

Cons

It has gotten better on reporting but there was a time that you could only run 3 months at a time. This has been extended with latest updates. The transaction fees are not exposed clearly to administrators so it makes it hard to tell what the costs are. Additionally there is a annual fee that is surprisingly high compared to competitors.

David S.

Pushpay

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Pros

Our diverse congregation has engaged with Pushpay and reported that it is simple and efficient, and every interaction with a team member has been positive.

Cons

The cost went up significantly raising questions about its value versus competing software.

Industry: Religious Institutions

PushPay; The Best Giving Software.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/10/09

We feel a safety and security that we won't experience any sudden issues with our giving whether that be in regards to people not being able to give, glitches, or security when they give.

Pros

If you want a software that makes giving easy to handle behind the scenes, and offers an experience for users that's effortless? PushPay is the option for you. Not only can you give online, but you can give from your mobile device with the touch of one button. They use leading security standards to make sure your accounts are safe from any intrusion. The process of implementation is incredible, they walk with you step by step in moving from other giving platforms and it makes everything feel like a breeze.

Cons

We are currently using F1 as a church and we have integrated F1 with PushPay, this can sometimes cause a headache, but eventually we plan to move from using this integration and use PushPay alone.

Nolan F.
Industry: Religious Institutions

The best in the business

Reviewed on 2020/02/10

We love push pay and have seen an increase in donations and gifts in our church. Customer service is great as well!

Pros

Push Pay app makes giving a breeze
Easily link to church app and website
Year end reports made simple

Cons

Low transaction limit. We’ve had some members have to make multiple gifts as a result.
No option for user to pay transaction fees.