1 769 reviews

1 769 reviews
David C.

significant updates in ProPresenter 7

Reviewed on 2021/02/28

ProPresenter has been a consistent and reliable presentation software, with ProPresenter 7 introducing the ability to livestream from within the program and send NDI signals to the network. We use it every week for our worship gatherings with great success.

Pros

I love how ProPresenter leads the way in presentation software for houses of worship. It integrates with Planning Center and SongSelect, and volunteers can be trained without much difficulty.

Cons

There are a LOT of features for new users to get their heads around. Sometimes integrated programs need multiple logins to maintain connection. It uses a lot of system resources when running.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

The most powerful lyric display solution for church

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

We're using ProPresenter for song lyric display in church, we regularly also use the stage display function to show the people on stage what their lyrics and next slide lyrics are.

Pros

We've been using ProPresenter since version 5 and have only begun to scratch at the multiple levels of complexity and functions available. Each new version has brought even more capabilities which can be very useful. For example version 7 has NDI which was useful in connecting over to OBS for live broadcast. What we like the most about ProPresenter is that its very usable for the average person who is in charge of displaying lyrics, but when we really want to do something special there are plenty of features and power to help us achieve our goals. For example we would use the stage displays and iPad remote lyric displays even more in certain situations, the MIDI module has helped us synchronize complicated lighting effects with the projection. We've found ProPresenter to be indispensable to our church.

Cons

We don't have a lot of complaints about ProPresenter. I guess the main thing is the cost, especially now that the payment model has moved to subscription, we really have to factor in the cost of using PrePresenter.

Brian H.

Happy Customer

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

Over all our experience has been good.
Support has been great.

Pros

Simple to use. Communication actions. I use MIDI to unmute my soundboard channels for video clips. I also use different stage displays for different sections of the worship service. Hope to trigger some lights in the near future.
Site licence option

Cons

It seems to have some bugs. When editing a playlist it always jumps to the bottom. Or converting to lower thirds with a graphic the software will crash. Occasionally Master control on the slave computer will freeze the primary. Ipad issues with seeing the preview.
Probably the biggest complaint from Pastors is they can't see the next slide on stage display when going from the end of one item to the next. Example the end of a song in stage display show next blank slide. They would like to see the next item coming.
Sync shows that it is syncing regardless of it it is connected to the network drive or now.
Sync seems to be a little buggy. We started to export only. Delete everything from the media bin and playlist and then import fresh on the other computers.

Jason S.

Still the best...

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

We use ProPresenter to display words to worship songs, video playback, slides for sermons... basically all the content that goes on our screen that doesn't come from a camera is from ProPresenter. It's dependable & the best choice for us.

Pros

ProPresenter is the most simple to use professional display software in existence. It gives you all the features of high end character generators, like alpha key, quick editing of text and graphics, but is simple to use and train volunteers on. It is also a dependable video playback device. It's networking features give great options to sync up multiple computers. It transitions seamlessly between all these necessary functions. They are always coming up with more features and functionality.

Cons

That there is still no simple way to integrate PowerPoint slides other than exporting jpegs. The browser feature has never successfully worked for me when it would have come in handy with online polling websites.

Cliff R.

Powerful Presentation software

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

Our overall experience with ProPresenter has been excellent and has been a reliable and powerful tool for our visual presentations.

Pros

ProPresenter is the best presentation software on the market. It is highly reliable and runs smoothly on our MacPro running Mojave. I enjoy the 3rd party integration that it offers with Planning Center and SongSelect. Renewed Vision Customer support is unmatched. I once updated ProPresenter and immediately encountered an issue with interactive cues not executing properly. I contacted support and within the hour my rep pushed a unique patch to me that resolved the issue. We added a Matrox DualHead2Go unit to our system along with the Multi-screen module last year and I am very happy with the performance and flexibility of this added feature.

Cons

There are instances when ProPresenter will crash when I use the Command+Z (Undo) keystroke. There are certain features I would like to see added to ProPresenter in the future that would rapidly increase productivity. Each Sunday, we export a PDF doc of the Scripture and Sermon slides that are used in the service. In order to capture the background that was used, the background cue must be manually placed on every single slide in the document before exporting, otherwise, the export will not include it and you will only get the text against the black or white background per your template. I wish there was a key combination or command that I could use as I drag a background out of the video/image bin and onto the first slide in the document that would cascade that cue onto all of the slides in the document. I imagine this working similarly to how the grouping feature operates as you select sides from left to right.

Samuel M.

Propresenter Reviews

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Pros

Propresenter can do almost anything. The flexibility of building slides and content in the layers makes it great for clean, nice presentations, but it also means if I need to make a quick announcement slide for our church, I can grab a background, plug in the information, and make a nice looking slide using the editing tools available. Keeps me from scrambling for my laptop and pulling up Photoshop or Illustrator.

I also love the simplicity of displaying slides. As a church we have volunteers running Propresenter for our services (which includes songs, motion backs, announcements, Bible passages, etc.) and it's that once we've built it, they pretty much just have to click through.

As the youth pastor, I also love being able to use the remote app on my iPad when I teach. That means I can go through the slides as I need to, or if I'm down a volunteer I can make things run on my own.

Cons

My least favorite part of Propresenter is also one of the things I love—double edged sword I guess. While it's incredible flexible and powerful software, it's also incredibly complicated. There are menus, features, options, integrations I seem to discover daily. This is great for myself and those who build the presentations, but it's a struggle for volunteers. Displaying slides is simple, but troubleshooting, on-boarding, etc. is difficult. I feel as though I'm constantly sharing tips, tricks, training, etc. cause there are just things I can't replicate or teach in a planned training.

Erik S.

Best in its class

Reviewed on 2019/06/26

It's been a great experience. A large upgrade over the software we used previously. I would recommend this product to anyone that needs professional presentation software for church or company use.

Pros

It is simple to use, we can train almost anyone to run the software. It is easy to setup and manage. It runs all common media files with ease. It's easy and quick to setup new presentations.

Cons

Stage display could use more customization. It works well but I think they could add some additional features in order to display exactly what we need. I'd love to be able to have it set to show slides without the background. You can do that now, but it won't keep the same formatting as the slide. We have to use "static" but it keeps the background on the first slide of each document.
It would also be nice to be able to show only the first line of the next slide- without having to move the next slide off the screen.

Randy R.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Fantastic software for churches using multiple forms of visual media

Reviewed on 2019/07/11

ProPresenter has really upped the level of professionalism and appearance of our Sunday morning services. Fumbling and "dead air" at the sound booth in terms of presentation transitions, etc. have been all but eliminated. It is very user friendly and easy to use as well.

Pros

The ability to let it run in the background while doing other things on the same computer. It maintains your professional appearance while you're scrambling to pull the next thing together in the sound booth.

Cons

We use a remote "clicker" for the speaker. When the speaker is presenting, they can click through their own slides. When the user at the computer minimizes ProPresenter or clicks into another program (for example, pulling up house music or something to have ready at the end of the sermon), the clicker doesn't work anymore. ProPresenter takes over all aspects of the presentation/monitors, it should be able to take over and maintain bluetooth clicking also, while other programs are active... that would be fantastic.

Amy B.

Excellent program that is worth every penny and every moment of your time!

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

Overall, ProPresenter has helped to advance my organization to the next level of being technologically efficient and professional. We depend on it for everything that happens in-house regarding services, and it has done an amazing job of assisting us and our representation to the public.

Pros

Where do I begin?? This is an absolutely fantastic software. As someone who helps facilitate not only the Communications department at my organization (religious institution) but also the media and our weekly services (inputting videos, presentations, music, miscellaneous), ProPresenter has proven to be a life-saver and keeps everything in one place (you don't have to click through a bunch of prompts to get to what you need). What I like MOST about this software is the ability to see all the services on on screen; for example, in the lower left corner of the software, all our services are listed: Sunday morning, Tuesday prayer, Wednesday ministry night, Thursday rehearsal, and any Friday or Saturday special services. You can easily click on the service and all your files will show up next to the service -- media, music... whatever. And ProPresenter automatically saves all that data and stores your files, backgrounds, etc so you aren't having to start from scratch every time! I could go on and on about how big a fan I am of this program!

Cons

I don't have anything particularly negative to say about ProPresenter, but if there was one thing I would request better effort on, it would be the ease of creating slides *through* the actual program... it takes quite a while to create the slide, edit the text, font, colors, positioning, etc, and then present it. I've learned to just have everything ready through Keynote (using a Mac) or even Powerpoint in certain situations.

Chad K.

Functional, all in one presentation software

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

As a church, we use presentation software all the time. It is easy to train our multi-media volunteers on the use of ProPresenter, yet there are great tools for our power users as well.

Pros

We like the ease of changing and updating our presentations. Being able to change on-the-fly without the audience knowing there is work going on behind the scenes.

Cons

Many presenters that come in only use PowerPoint. While we can import it in to our ProPresenter software, it loses some functionality in the import. Many of our presenters choose to run it from their own computer rather than lose their design funtionality.

Timothy J.

Propresenter is powerful, elegant, and user friendly

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

My overall experience has been exceptional! The time this saves me when I have to put together a service, or change something on the fly has made this an excellent investment.

Pros

Propresenter was much easier to learn and use than similar software I had used before. The church I am at used another software, I purchased Propresenter as soon as I got here and have not looked back! It also has an array of features that make it a great choice to use!

Cons

The only con I have had was just migrating all of the song library from my church's other software. That can just be time consuming at first.

Chad F.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

The best option for a worship service

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

It is without a doubt the best option for our needs. It seems like the more we continue to learn about the software, the more powerful it becomes for our purposes.

Pros

All the features, and I love how new features have been added through updates without charging extra for them.

Cons

The learning curve, it takes a bit for new volunteers to figure it out as everything is not necessarily intuitive. For instance getting to the display settings when you add multiple displays. We have had to google solutions for issues like that. But once we figure the solutions out we are once again very pleased with propresenter

Robby S.

ProPresenter Wins

Reviewed on 2019/06/26

ProPresenter has made our lyric and video presentation far better than it was before we used it.

Pros

ProPresenter just works. It far surpasses other presentation software.

Cons

Has some intricacies that you really have to learn, but it’s worth diving into.

Aloysius S.

Excellent Solution for Worship

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

We are using this in our main and youth worship services.
It is great and very easy to use and allows us to be creative in superimposing bible verses over live video.
We use this together with a video mixer.
Very easy for new users to pick up and very intuitive user interface

Pros

Comprehensive features - Bibles, Songs, Media, Web, Stage View, Mobile, Alerts
Site licensing

Cons

Hangs once in a while
Too big a media library causes issues
Can't import web bibles

James A.

Gold Standard For A Reason

Reviewed on 2019/06/26

We're sold on ProPresenter and use it consistently in all of our larger venues. It's been great, and Renewed Vision continues their development to make it even better!

Pros

While there can be a fair amount of setup involved depending on your needs, once set up it fits into the definition of "it just works" (particularly on Mac). It has all the functionality you could need or want for worship services and events, and consistently does what it's suppose to do - and looks good doing it! We use NDI to send text over to ProVideoPlayer and the relationship between those two is just flawless. We also really like the automation (communication module) functions using MIDI and DMX.

Cons

I found the cost of the alpha keyer module to be excessive for a software feature option (although I paid it because it did what we needed done), and it would be helpful if the Planning Center integration could be a bit more smooth - possibly provide options to utilize PCOs lyrics function to make it easier to match sequences, and sync PCO Media items into a playlist without it trying to re-download everything every time. Those are definitely wants, not needs, and it's hard to say how much of the limitation is ProPresenter and how much is what the PCO API will support.

Travis W.

Simply the best

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

Pros

Pro-Presenter is an essential, excellent, and intuitive application that allows us to bring high-quality experiences to our church without lag, errors, or distraction. It is intuitive enough that ANYONE can run the presentation in confidence with little training, and deep enough for those who want to take the experience to another level.

Cons

Every Bible translation must be purchased separately. Not a big deal, whatsoever, but it is what I like least.

Tami G.

Great Presentation Software

Reviewed on 2020/01/14

I love that I can connect my CCLI license and import songs and copy right information. When I took my position here at the church, I was given three 2 hour training sessions on ProPresenter so at first my slides were rather simple but have improved over time.

Pros

ProPresenter is so simple to use that even children and tech challenged people can learn how to use it. Slides look great and the possibilities are endless because you can add motion videos, audio, photos you name it.

Cons

The watermark. We are one church and do not have another campus and we only have a single license so the first computer to open ProPresenter does not display the watermark. Both pastors and myself all work in ProPresenter on a daily basis but to purchase additional licensing is too costly.

Eric B.

A Great, but Imperfect, Industry Standard

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

We have been using ProPresenter in all of our larger spaces for over 8 years now. I wouldn't select another software package. It's been a great partnership for our church.

Pros

When if comes to working with lyric and video playback in a church service, there is no better option than ProPresenter. The song library management is top notch, it integrates with SongSelect, the standard lyric database and copyright licensing for lyric display. I have had very little to no major issues with he software in a long time. The computer hardware compatibility is very stable and while updates are somewhat frequent, if you are careful to not update just before a service, you will probably never suffer an outage because of an update.

Cons

I wish they depended less of BlackMagic for SDI interfaces, hopefully NDI will remove some of that dependency as they move forward with that implementation.

Barb M.

Love ProPresenter

Reviewed on 2020/03/20

We use ProPresenter over several ministries in our church; main service, children's program, small groups, teens and it has been very useful in all areas.

Pros

The functionality is incredible for running slides, videos, audio, pictures in our church services each week. The support is great.

Cons

Because of the vast functionality, there is a steep learning curve. We have been using for over seven years and I'm still learning new and better ways to use it. We use the "Sync" function and we sometimes have issues with it actually syncing on some devices and it syncs items that were previously deleted.

Kris L.

The goto Church presentation software

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

We like ProPresenter. We used version 4, 5, and 6. Each version got bettered better. There are some features we don't use. And some features we use each week, like countdowns, looping videos and images, and moving backgrounds. In the end, even though this software was orignally designed for Mac, and the early versions had bugs for PC, with version 6 we are confident that we will have a quality presentation every week.

Pros

Once you get things setup (songs entered, sermon powerpoint, video clips, backgrounds, etc) and ready to be used in the bins, the software doesn't require a lot of training to use. This week we had a brand new person in the booth run the entire service with 10 minutes of training. (last minute emergency pulled the scheduled person away).

You can mix and match backgrounds. Both static images and moving backgrounds
You can create the sermon powerpoint right in the software, or import .ppt
Once you enter a song, you don't have to click save, it automatically saves.

Cons

We have had minor issues with .ppt fonts not showing up correctly, or items not in the correct places on the slides. Some installed fonts slow down a song slide (special brushed looking fonts). And on PC it doesn't always like .mov movie files (so its best to use .mp4 or .mpg).

Eddie R.

Media Presentation with style

Reviewed on 2019/07/04

ProPresenter is very well put together and well documented for every feature in it you have videos and a support staff that is there to guide you.

Pros

ProPresenter is the defacto choice for media presentation across any organization. I have used it for over 10 years now and I can say it has grown to be a very robust and feature rich media suite. Now that it is both windows and Mac capable with a site license you can get your whole staff on any computer to create presentations that are great looking and easy to display.

Cons

ProPresenter is feature rich, however it can be a bit overwhelming at first. The learning curve is steep but manageable. There are lots of videos to view that can help you get the hang of this big but amazing program.

Fox W.

The Best Option for Presentation Software

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

It's an easy-to-operate software that pretty much anyone who knows where the spacebar key on a keyboard can operate. It's intuitive, understands the needs of customers, and is totally modular and customizable. I have rarely experienced issues with it, and when an issue arose, Renewed Vision customer service is top notch.

Pros

Flexibility. ProPresenter has so many user-editable features and design components that allow the end-user to customize the entire presentation (including the GUI), so that the software does exactly what they want it to do. And, it's totally easy to understand and operate - even if you aren't good with technology.

Cons

It can get expensive. If you're anywhere beyond needing three screens, additional modules will need to be purchased. If you're looking to cover a multitude of screens, or one ultra-wide aspect ratio screen, the need for additional hardware and licenses is necessary. Standalone, this product is great for most users - but users with a menagerie of screens that need filling will have to pay extra.

• Industry: Music

Great presentation software with great updates and functionality

Reviewed on 2021/04/06

I have had very good experiences with ProPresenter. Whenever I had troubles activating my license customer service was quick to respond and when I needed assistance connecting my CCLI license they were extremely helpful. The fact that it is so widely used means that there are tons of resources online when I have a question or difficulty with what I am trying to achieve. Like I said previously, using PP has allowed me to consolidate multiple computers and software tools into one and make my workflow faster and easier.

Pros

The ease of use AFTER setup is my favorite part of the software. While there is a slight learning curve, the cleanliness and overall functionality whenever you open up the app makes it worth the effort to learn the software in the beginning. I love the new integration with Resi and livestreaming directly from the software. In my situation, I had to use multiple computers to run different pieces of software but ProPresenter has allowed me to consolidated multiple jobs into one computer with one operator. Lastly, in all of the years I have used PP, it has always looked clean, professional, and run smoothly without any bugs.

Cons

My least favorite part about the software is when you have to first build your slides and presentations. The interface, while intuitive, is not as similar to other presentation tools as one might assume and makes the first setup somewhat time consuming.

Ian F.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Greatest product on the market.

Reviewed on 2019/07/11

We use Pro Presenter every week for showing lyrics and video on Sunday morning during church. I've used this product to presentations when I was in college as well.

Pros

This product is easy to use and easy to train people to use. It's added plugins with other programs and growing features are better than anything else on the market. It is smooth with transitions and video quality. It runs motion backgrounds seamlessly. There has rarely ever been something I wanted it to do that it didn't do. To my knowledge, there is no other software that even compares to it. I have been using this since version 3 and each new version included all the additional features I would have hoped for.

Cons

There have been at times minor hiccups with screen management. I wish the stage display was easier to operate while also using the standard display mode. I have never had to contact support but it challenging at times when I have had questions to find videos that give me an adequate tutorial. It would be nice to have a more interactive support system for questions. I have often wished that I could do several output signals to do multiple screen images. To put it simply, it would be nice if Pro Video Player and Pro Presenter were combined as one software rather two separate products.

Jeremy H.

ProP Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

Overall, I love the software. It makes doing my job as tech director easier at the church.

Pros

ProPresenter is by far the easiest presentation software to use. I also has a lot of other uses other than just for worship or presentations. I use it for our announcements on the TVs in our hallways

Cons

There are a lot of bugs. They aren't dealbreakers but they can be frustrating sometimes. And sometimes they persist for a few updates before they are fixed. Sometimes I feel like I have to find the new bugs after an update comes out and then figure out how to live with them until they are fixed later on