AMTdirect

Beth W.
Industry: Consumer Goods

AMT Software Review

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

I am very pleased with AMT and hope to get Lease Administration fully integrated into AMT

Pros

Everything is in spot and accessible via the web

Cons

There are few glitches with the new FASB rules but it seems to be leveling off.

Response from Asset Management Technologies

Thanks for the awesome review, Beth! We work hard to meet the expectations of our customers, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Thank you for your continued loyalty and we're excited to get lease administration up and running for you as well!

Sherri Z.
Industry: Higher Education

AMT Manager

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

My overall experience with AMT is positive. I have a long history as a user and have built good relationships with some of their team members.

Pros

Portfolio Insight is what I like most about this software.

Cons

ASC 842 / Accounting Manager is what I like least about this this software.

Response from Asset Management Technologies

Hi Sherri, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you have enjoyed your experience with AMTdirect. We put customer experience and satisfaction as a top priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to continuing to serve you!

Dave Z.
Industry: Renewables & Environment
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Has potential once they get through growing pains

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

We signed up for AMTDirect a year ago and the experience started rocky, but is getting better. This review is from an Accounting perspective as we primarily use this software for ASC 842 capabilities. I felt that a year ago, AMTDirect was missing quite a few features that we were sold on. They have been working hard to improve and many new features have rolled out over the past year. Stability was troubling a year ago, but has improved a lot. They do still have the occasional hiccup, but I believe it will continue to improve as they roll out additional resources. There are still some features that we'd like to see, such as automated disclosure reports, better lease transfer capabilities, better mass uploads and short-term lease expense reporting. However, where the system currently falls short, the AMTDirect team will either help you find workarounds to get the info you want, or manually build reports for you that have what you need, and as I understand it, nearly all of what we want is in development. Because of this I give them high marks for customer service. I feel a lot better about where AMTDirect is heading after seeing the concern their CEO has. I believe the software in its current form is about on par with most other lease accounting software for ASC 842, which is why I give 3 stars for the other categories. As they continue to improve and roll out features, I will update my review to reflect that.

Pros

It serves as one database where all your leases can be stored. Customer service will do what is in their power to help you resolve issues, they will do their best to help you through growing pains. After writing an initial bad review, I have edited this review to increase my ratings because the CEO personally reached out to me to understand our issues and work to resolve our frustrations. I believe they do care about their customers and want to help.

Cons

There are some growing pains. ASC 842 proved to be much more difficult and far-reaching than any software companies anticipated, with each customer having unique needs. I do believe AMTDirect stumbled a bit when first preparing for this, but to be fair, they are working furiously to correct issues and roll out new features. Our experience was that we were sold on a finished ASC 842 ready product with all the features we wanted, and that wasn't the case when we signed up a year ago. Since then, the Company has rolled out a lot of new features. Not everything we need is there yet, and they acknowledge that, but there are typically workarounds they will help you with, and their service teams go out of their way to prepare things manually for you if the system can't produce them. After discussions with their CEO, I believe their intent is genuine, and they will continue to improve and roll out the remaining features we need.

Response from Asset Management Technologies

Thank you so much for your kind words, Dave. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We count ourselves lucky to have customers like Vivint Solar that continue to provide us feedback....it helps us get better every day! One of our core values is to be passionate about customer success and I'm glad you were able to feel that from our team. If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Jennifer H.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

review of AMT

Reviewed on 2020/01/31

Great people and easy to work with! AMT has been a great partner in helping us implement!

Pros

ease of use and that it is cloud based and we could share it with clients-also loved the AMT team that helped us

Cons

Still looking to develop some easier to use reports for us as a CPA firm using the software and standard chart of accounts. We are using the software to implement ASC 842 for many clients and need simple reports and easy chart of accounts that we can use on many clients

Response from Asset Management Technologies

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review and for the positive feedback. We're so happy to hear you find our solution easy-to-use and that you've enjoyed working with the team at AMTdirect. We think they are pretty great too!

Fred B.

Great Product/Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2015/07/07

AMTdirect has been a great solution for our company to switch from a client server based system to a cloud based application. The product is very user-friendly and creates a single data source for our Real Estate departments. In addition to portfolio management and accounting processes, AMT has been a great solution for our document management needs. AMT has a very robust reporting tool allowing user-defined and ad-hoc reporting. The AMT team is wonderful to work with and they truly care about their clients. The support and customer service has been remarkable.

Patsy W.
Industry: Machinery

Not favorable

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

manage leases globally for compliance with US GAAP

Pros

It is in the cloud. Storage of documents within the software.

Cons

Promised features and functionality does not exist. Software outputs must be validated manually as it has been unreliable. Reports are not covered by SOC reports and often are unreliable.

Response from Asset Management Technologies

Hi Patsy, thank you so much for your feedback. We set a high standard for ourselves, and we're so sorry to hear your expectations were not fully met. Due to the complexity of the new lease accounting standards, we quickly shifted the product roadmap to solve the financial lease accounting needs of our customers. Because of this, certain feature enhancements were re-prioritized. We would love to have a conversation with you to ensure we understand your specific needs and see if we can make it right. Please reach out to us at [email protected] Thank you again for your feedback!

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Emily B.
Industry: Retail

Harder than It Looks

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

We have had several 'owners' of AMT and not one, including the lead for our dedicated real estate management team were able to input, integrate and communicate information about our leases from AMT. The software may work if there is a fairly sophisticated team available to update, upload, reconfigure, and manage the numerous datapoints with each lease. These comments may be biased because we have only the most basic package. In the basic package, standard reports can convert to Excel. But the excel reports come out in a clunky font 97-2003 version that is not pivot ready and generally unusable. Not intuitive, except perhaps for the very most skilled real estate professionals. Useless for accounting for monthly payments by month or posting a monthly journal entry to report rents in accordance with GAAP.

Pros

Maps are included with location address.
Customer support is responsive and friendly.

Cons

See above.
Difficult to use, difficult to validate data is complete and accurate.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Carlene B.
Industry: Semiconductors

AMT Direct

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/02/04

I know that it is needed, and so we are trudging forward.

Pros

The forms are great, once we are able to get to them.

Cons

It is hard to decipher all of the items that are needed.
Your User Training is Very Large, Your Knowledge center is also huge.
It takes a great deal of time just Trying to populate and print out the forms, etc.

Response from Asset Management Technologies

Hi Carlene, thank you so much for your review. We actually just dedicated one of our senior resources to focus solely on improving the customer experience of our user training and Knowledge Center. We would love to hear specific feedback from you, so I'm going to pass your information to our Sr. Training Manager. Again, thank you for taking the time to give us feedback...it just helps us get better and better!

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Justin P.

Time Saver

Reviewed on 2016/03/29

AMT puts all of our leases at my fingertips. I can quickly log in and find the provisions I need. It would take probably 5x longer to do so manually. My only con is that the system times out way to quickly. Keep up the good work!

Response from Asset Management Technologies

Thanks Justin! We are delighted that you are happy with the system. We appreciate the feedback about the time out. We'll take it under consideration as we delicately balance security and convenience.

Scott S.

Excellent product that still needs some tweaks.

Reviewed on 2009/01/30

Excellent product that still needs some tweaks.

Pros

fairly easy to learn.

Cons

customizing reports is too difficult. The info is there but it is not easy to pull out.

Stephanie S.
Industry: Building Materials
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Looking for lease accounting software? Keep looking.

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

When they're not experiencing outages, it does most of what we need it to... usually. Underwhelming, to say the least. They rolled out the accounting module too quickly, and without enough input from SME's.

Pros

The user interface is, for the most part, ok. Easy to navigate.

Cons

Where to begin? Let's start with their Report Builder, which is archaic. If you need anything other than canned reports, it's incredibly cumbersome. Or I could talk about the technical accounting functionality: It's been over a year, and they still haven't developed the capability to CLOSE OUT A LEASE through the automated batch entry process. You'll have to track your expired leases, and create manual journal entries to clear the ROU asset and amortization. Let's move on to response time: I opened a ticket 2 MONTHS AGO for an issue that impacts our ability to even create a system generated entry for one of our largest leases. I have been creating manual entries (which are guesstimates, since there's no FASB schedule either) for the last 2 months, with no end in sight. If all you need is lease accounting software (not the full lease management suite of products for a lessor), this is not worth the headache.

Response from Asset Management Technologies

Stephanie, thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. Customer satisfaction is one of our top priorities, and we are disappointed to learn that we didn't live up to your expectations. Our product leader will be reaching out to you shortly. We'd greatly appreciate the opportunity to make things right. Thank you again for your honest feedback and we look forward to speaking with you.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Tanya C.

AMTDirect - My Lifesaver

Reviewed on 2015/06/04

Detailed information at my fingertips whether on my laptop, cell phone or tablet. Keeps me organized and informed to make better business decisions for the company. Allows me to handle lease negotiations, maintenance/repairs and provide organization for projects concerning the locations in our portfolio.

A lot of fields and home page are customizable to suit my daily tasks and needs and to be on the same page with our industry lingo. A great tool for history as well on each property with regards to maintenance and repairs if you have the Facilities Module. This can also assist with lease renewals/negotiations.

A little cumbersome at times, because it does have so much information and requires detailed abstraction. But so worth it! You can have AMTDirect abstract for you, but I enjoy abstracting the leases and it really helps me to know my leases.

Lauren J.
Industry: Accounting

Disappointing to say the lease

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

Pros

None, I do not have any pros because we have not yet had success in the system being used as intended.

Cons

It is bare bones and doesn't even do that correctly. A lot of system downtime and every day is a new issue.

Response from Asset Management Technologies

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize that we haven't met your expectations and hope we can make it right. I can see that John Hopkins Real Estate is currently in implementation. I'm going to pass along your feedback to our Professional Services team so they can personally reach out to you and investigate your feedback further.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

John M.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

AMTdirect does not provide consistent service and is not user friendly

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

Pros

The lease overview screens are well organized and informative with a large range of information.

Cons

AMT often has service disruptions that make it difficult to rely on and can impact data. It is also difficult in some cases to determine what reports to use for certain information.

Response from Asset Management Technologies

Hi John,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for bringing this to our attention. We sincerely apologize that we haven't met your expectations and hope we can make it right. Over the past few months, we have made huge strides in improving the stability of AMTdirect. I can see that John Hopkins is currently in implementation and your colleague left us a review as well. I'm going to pass along your feedback to our Professional Services team so they can personally reach out to you and investigate your feedback further.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Kaleigh Y.
Industry: Restaurants
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Wonderful lease management suite!

Reviewed on 2017/03/09

We love the ease of access, the quality, the customer support, and most of all, the features and functionality! AMT has made our jobs more efficient and effective.

Pros

Features and organization

Cons

The report builder can be cumbersome

Peter B.

Without hesitation, I recommend this product and this company.

Reviewed on 2009/03/03

Without hesitation, I recommend this product and this company. We have saved significant amounts of leasehold expenses, far in excess of the cost. My job is easier and I sleep better at night having our lease database with AMT.

Pros

Web-based secure platform that even a real estate rep or an atty can readily use. Customer service is fabulous. Have built company specific institutional knowledge of our needs and abstract requirements.

Cons

Occasionally lack of need report is readily remedied by AMT.

Kathrine L.

Excellent system! Makes my job much easier

Reviewed on 2016/03/14

AMT has saved me and my company time and money. The system is easy to use and keeps me well organized on a daily basis.

Response from Asset Management Technologies

Thank you so much Kathrine! We are delighted by your support.

Vanessa A.

Wonderful tool-but building a report is too complicated

Reviewed on 2015/08/12

Great tool, use it daily but customizing reports should be more user friendly.