Restaurant365

Accounting and operations for multi-unit restaurants

Michael N.

Review from a Finance Manager

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

Our overall experience with the software has been great. It integrates nicely with our other systems, like our POS and invoicing system. We as a company may not be fully utilizing the software and trying to retroactively getting different sections up to date takes a long time, if you have multiple concepts. The system runs slow at times but it is nice to be able to see and analyze all of our financials under one login unlike quickbooks in which you have to switch back and forth between logins to see your different locations.

Pros

I like that it easily integrates with Toast and Aloha POS. It is also very good at breaking down the different financial statements like the profit and loss and balance sheet. If you have multiple locations, it is nice to see everything in a single login and that you don't have to switch back and forth between locations.

Cons

If you don't have a little financial background it may be a little hard to navigate the software. The software is nice and comprehensive but if you come in as a user after everything has already been set up, it is a little hard to understand. I would like the training materials to be a little easier to understand or at least have videos. Sometimes the software can run slow which can be inconvenient if you are trying to do things in a quick manner.

• Industry: Accounting

Huge Upgrade if Coming from Quickbooks

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

I'm a big fan of the system and would recommend it. I hope the company continues to put resources into support as they get more customers and more users and more features. I also hope they don't sell to a larger company. That always spells a reduction in service and quality and I'd actively look to switch if that happened.

Pros

I love that it's cloud based and has unlimited users and allows for uploading of excel CSV files (to replace manual data entry). It's great for multi-unit where Quickbooks can't handle that well.

Cons

The software will sometimes glitch in core functionality when new features are added even though that's not related. Support has been better lately, but struggled to keep up with new clients and new feature development.

Callie S.

Restaurant365 catering experience needs a few improvements, but overall good.

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Pros

I like that we can assign the jobs within each account. I like that it is simple and flows very well. There are many functions that we have not utilized yet but plan to, the walk throughs from support have been really great, straightforward, and not difficult to follow. Inputting recipes can take quite a bit of time but worth it in the end.

Cons

We work in a team, so it would be so helpful if they would implement a way to email from the software, letting everyone on the team see emails back and forth to keep up to date.
The only thing hindering us from implementing the catering portion amount is the client cannot pay through the software.

Bruce N.

CFO review of Restaurant 365

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

One of the best aspects of Restaurant 365 is that the accounting tool allows for custom periods so that P & L statements can be easily compared to budgeted projections. This feature allows our managers to adjust to line item expenses on a daily and weekly basis. Although no new software integration comes without some pain, Restaurant 365 is now permanently ingrained in our culture.

Pros

The accounting and GL is stronger than any other combined analytic and accounting software I have reviewed. The budgeting tool is excellent. I greatly enjoy the ease at which data can be exported to Excel and reimported back into Restaurant 365. Overall, Restaurant 365 has help me train my operation managers to become business managers!

Cons

Does not handle credit card tips paid out in server and bartender paychecks.

Caleb R.

On the way

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

We have streamlined our accounting process. It still needs work, but it's much better than using quickbooks online. We use the invoicing, payments, and inventory weekly if not more frequently.

Pros

Ease of use, in depth customization and all of the information that you can need for restaurant management

Cons

Bugs, crashes, faulty features, but that's about it

Robert M.

Restaurant365 Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Having a cloud based software is the way to go! You get the benefits of accessing the system anytime, anywhere. Our operations team can now access their P&L's and they love it! Being able to drill down into the P&L's and Balance sheet is simple and the analytics in the reports are very useful. Unfortunately we are not able to be POS integrated so we cannot use the software to it's full advantage but from what we get out of it right now it is a step above where we use to be. It's an innovative company that is always looking to better the product and frequently releases new features. Overall a great product and would recommend!

Pros

Pros include - cloud based system, unlimited amount of users, ability to have invoice images attached to invoice entry, bank reconciliations are quick & efficient and rock our socks off, there are multiple reports available that are pre-built and can be customizable, the ability to drill down into P&L's and balance sheets has taken our team to the next level with auditing financial statements.

Cons

Some of the cons we have experienced is that the dev team can't fix issues in a timely manner. We'd like issues resolved quicker but it may take more time than we hope. We wish the search function was a little better. You can search anything but in order to get results you have to know how it was entered into the system.

Michael Z.

OUTSTANDING SYSTEM

Fantastic. Strongly recommend.

Pros

Master Chart of Accounts, Vendors, and Customers. Easy to navigate for inexperienced users. Vendor AP FTP/EDI integration. POS integration. PR Adjustments. Bank integration. Ability to filter and search across all modules. Intercompany transaction automatic entries, cloud based. Constantly evolving.

Cons

Purchased item setup for EDI integrations

Richard P.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Really a product still being tested

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

Nice people that try to cover the problems with promises rather than solutions.

Pros

If you only listen to what they are selling you, then this is a solid product. On boarding was outstanding and setup was handled well. Nice that it is cloud based. Dashboard took a long time to reflect the correct information. Now it no longer works and we have been told for a month that additional resources are being added to solve the problem. If they could do everything the sales people claim the program will do then it would be a solid solution. Unfortunately, sales and functionality are not in sync.

Cons

Misrepresentations. There were a bunch of features discussed before our decision to transfer our systems from Compeat but have spending multiple hours trying to figure out why many inventory features like PAR's do not work we were finally told that the feature was still being developed. Here are the types of answers from support we are getting after a year

"There were some issues discovered that forced us to roll it back with the intention of re releasing it shortly after. It has been deprioritzed since then however I am expecting it to be re released this qtr. I will follow up with our product team to get a more concrete expectation for you. "

Or "They are working to correct in a more targeted fashion with additional resources now involved in the project. Regardless, I escalated your inquiry just to make sure all parties are aware of what you are experiencing."

No solutions

Ben A.

Restaurant 365

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Great experience. I would recommend the software to anyone looking for a quality product.

Pros

Very easy to use, great interface and no problems at all working with the software. Training was quick and new hires caught on quickly.

Cons

I honestly didn’t have any issues with the software. No problems that required a major overhaul software wise. Occasionally I would have problems but typically they were on our end.

Syed H.

R365 Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/27

Its a very useful product, it helps us as an organization to be able to keep a lot of our transactions in one place. We keep a close watch on our COGS and other important metrics to adjust and improve things.

Pros

As an accountant I really love the fact that I can dive into all the details of a transaction and have the ability to upload documents as a backup to all transactions.

Cons

System updates. Whenever there are system updates being pushed out, the software takes a good week to get itself back to full functionality. And in the process a few other things fall out of place.

Cary M.

Comprehensive....

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

Pros

I like that it's a 'one-stop shopping' for my organization. We are able to consolidate old systems into a substantially more focused, contained suite.

Cons

going 'live' with features that were not adequately constructed for our needs. I fell this is somewhat reasonable to expect as early adopters. We learned a lot, as I'm sure r365 did.

Moises H.

Great change, easy to use on most plataforms

Reviewed on 2017/09/15

Pros

Predeterminate Reports are great, easy acces to information, inventory entry from your phone, easy to change data as ap, items info, masive ap invoice upload, masive journal entries upload, easy uploads formats, quick access from one screen to anotherone

Cons

Bank reconciliations.
Hard recipe configuration
I do not like that vendor can set up aditional info on the electronic invoices

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

Its been great. Easy to use and straightforward. Wish we had the ERP though..

Pros

Has good integrations with other F&B Tech

Cons

No ERP which is really a bummer. Takes a longer than needed to update reports. With ERP, reports would auto-update.

John O.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Potential is not easy to attain

Reviewed on 2019/07/06

Good but not as good as expected. Some of its our fault. We have limited resources and we opened an airport location smack dab in the middle of our on-ramp with R365. Help has been good. Their knowledge can be daunting and "over the head" of the R365 neophyte users. Their 1 hour lesson and clock can often time be way to fast. Trianing lessons should have much more interaction and the new user should have quizes to perform in front of their trainer.

Pros

integration of operations and financials.
Pushing work load down into grills (AP & Inventory Entries)

Cons

the lack of dependability. When learning, the learner seeks to find solid grounds and dependable actions. R365 has too many issues with not updating in a timely and clean fashion. Maybe its due to R365's cloud-based software, but the inconsistencies drive the new user whacko!

Tiffany W.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great idea with a few flaws

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

Pros

I love the idea of everything this program offers. Their accounting processes, while complicated at first, are very well done and there are a lot of features that make accounting much easier. The ability to tie our POS system into R365 saves us a lot of time on daily reporting.

Cons

They are continually improving the software which leads to a variety of bugs and features that were previously working to have issues. They are usually resolved within a week or two but sometimes that causes a pileup of work waiting to be done.

Louis C.

Why to Convert to R365!

Reviewed on 2019/04/15

Great way to have the team all add their own invoices per location - Great tool with so many benefits for our company.

Pros

Super user friendly! All the Managers in the company are extremely happy to use!

Cons

Need a better APP for phone! :) Need to have more user friendly app that looks more modern in my opinion!

Restaurant R365

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

Pros

Restaurant 365 is user friendly and easy to navigate. Customizable columns in AP transaction screen.

Cons

Can be a little glitchy sometimes. We are unable to upload multiple commissary orders at once. Sometimes slow to download larger reports. I used to be able to upload a file to an approved invoice but now I have to unapprove the invoice before uploading.

Lydia M.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Trending in the Right Direction

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Pros

Tech forward, upload features are good, very easy to set up new legal entities and locations. Reporting is good and getting better. Bank reconciliation feature is great when working correctly. Great software for multi-unit companies.

Cons

Software can be glitchy at times but issues tend to get fixed quickly.

Restaurant 365 Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

Overall, I think Restaurant 365 is great and I wish I had transitioned sooner!

Pros

What I like most about Restaurant 365 is the cloud based functionality and the direct integration with other industry software's (e.g., point of sale system). The financial reporting ability is crucial to my Company and when we transitioned from QuickBooks to Restaurant 365 I saw an immediate return. I appreciate the emphasis that Restaurant 365 puts on continued evolution as a company and as a resource to the industry.

Cons

What I like least about Restaurant 365 is the Ad Hoc reporting - I don't find it to be very intuitive. I also dislike the vendor and customer profiles and the inability to to navigate the transactions section with ease.

Michelle W.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Good software, but some flaws that need some work

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

Pros

Overall this software has a lot of very good features that have saved a lot of time. The automatic inter-company transactions have saved a lot of time, and having an EDI connection with the majority of our vendors saves a ton of invoice processing time. Server issues seem to have evened out, initially had a lot of connection/downtime issues.

Cons

Development time for new features is very slow and buggy. There have been features that were promised to be coming 'very soon' when we first implemented it that are barely out now after almost a year and a half. Reports in the system are wonky and not very customizable, options for categories are overall strange and don't make the most sense. The screens for processing invoices and journal entries is a mess on the eyes and it's not very easy to distinguish when there's multiple people processing/approving invoices. They just now added workflows as a feature but its still lacking from my experience with other softwares. There's barely any communication when there's going to be downtimes from the servers which creates a problem trying to get work done on a regular basis.

Things have gotten better over time, and things seem to be more stable performance wise.

William S.

Restaurant365 for Multi Unit Restaurants

Reviewed on 2019/04/08

Love it!

Pros

I love that it is online based and can be accessed from anywhere. I also love the tabular set up which looks almost exactly like excel which is how every accountant is already used to using already! To go along with that, it is extremely useful that virtually every report can be exported to excel.

Cons

Sometimes processing times are slower than I would like, but that is part of being a web based software.

Brian B.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great all in one accounting/operations platform

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

Pros

The system is very user friendly. It has the ability to eliminate a lot of other "bolt on" software products. The reporting is detailed and accurate, and the feature to have people set up as different roles is crucial.

Cons

There have been a lot of bugs and software/development errors that have impacted us. Customer services is in a different time zone, and is not the fastest to respond or have any sense of urgency.

Kevin H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Owner

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Accounting product is great sometimes features are released without being “fully baked”

Pros

The accounting product was comprehensive

Cons

Managers log & Scheduling are inferior products. Much better products on the market

Kerri L.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Product has become wildly unreliable

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

Stay away from R365 in the short term!! Hopefully, they will utilize the millions in private equity funding they've received in the last year to drastically improve development. The ineptitude of the current development team is appalling. If I was an owner in R365, I would be embarrassed by what has taken place with this company.

Pros

General ease of use, cross functionality between accounting, restaurant opps, inventory + recipe costing.

Cons

The product is unreliable. We keep experiencing the same bugs, only to have them return after a system update. Support has become increasingly detached and slow to respond.

Another serious deficiency is a lack of an audit trail function to track changes within the system or accounting transactions.

Narie C.

Restaurant365 - pretty good bang for your buck

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

Pros

1. Bank Activity - You can import bank transactions and based on rules you've programmed for the respective bank account R3 will automatically match and post transactions for you.
2. AP Invoice/Journal Entry Imports - With a few clicks, you can import bulk/large invoices (allocate expenses across multiple locations in an excel s/s, all of your rent invoices for a month) + journal entries (i.e. Deferred Rent for the entire life of lease).

Cons

1. It can be glitch-y i.e. DSS will poll out of balance without explanation from Support.
2. Reports only pull information for up to 2 years back - very inconvenient.
3. There's no add-in in Excel like Compeat eXcellent Functions so you have to manually download and entry GL Detail into a excel model.