Showing 14 reviews of 7

Tom's Planner

Web-based Gantt chart solution

Showing 14 reviews of 7
Matt G.

Tom's Planner is great for Gantt Charts!

Reviewed on 2018/03/28

Pros

The Gantt Charts have come been greatly beneficial for our team to see our entire year of upcoming project timelines.

Cons

Aside from the Gantt Charts, we haven't really used Tom's Planner for anything else. We use another project management software for other uses.

Marissa P.
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Planning Tool for Visual People

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

Tom's Planner is very east to use. There are a lot of small features where you can personalize your project plan to fit your preferences.

Pros

I am a visual planner an like to see my project plans in a spreadsheet but also in a visual format. Tom's Planner offers that visual that helps you plan your small and large projects.

Cons

I wish there was a way to copy your project plan with future dates so it lined up perfectly.

Tom's Planner review

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Pros

What I really enjoy about Tom's Planner is that it's one of the easiest gantt chart software out there. It's not hard to learn how to use this software. Aside from that it's easy to drag the timeline and making changes/edits.

Cons

What I like least about this software is how it's not customizable in terms of colors and designs. I also feel the design of the software is a little outdated. I still like the software since I enjoy UX more than UI.

Vilius R.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

The best Gantt chart maker out there

Reviewed on 2020/05/17

Pros

I rarely leave reviews, but their Gantt chart maker is excellent! Functional, visually pleasing and simple to use! Amazing!

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, it's absolutely fantastic!

• Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

Easy to use!

Pros

Uncomplicated way of setting up a shareable/collaborative Gantt chart quickly!

Cons

Wish there was a function to limit the calendar size (ie just create a chart for a week and not have the weeks before and after appear)

Colin M.

How hard can it be to get a simple Gantt chart

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

If you need a Gantt chart without the hassle, Tom's Planner is the go-to tool. If you prefer to spend time with your tools rather than getting the project done, this probably isn't for you.

For those of us who focus on delivery rather than endless deliberation, Tom's Planner does a specific job well and is a great one to have in the toolbox.

Pros

Tom's Planner has a simple selling point - anyone can use it. Even you.

You need a Gantt chart - something for yourself, your team or to show to clients.

You aren't building Hinkley Point, Crossrail or HS2 (is anyone?).

You don't have a PA, EA or a team of people to do your bidding.

You might have access to MS Project, Primavera or some other PM tool, but you need something for the presentation tomorrow and it would take you that long to configure a project - or persuade someone else to do it.

You thought Excel could do this, but - guess what - it's a bit more complicated than you imagined.

Head over to Tom's Planner and get your project setup and a have a pretty Gantt chart ready to show off in a matter of minutes.

Export it, share it - or just screenshot it for your magical PowerPoint presentation.

The point is, it gets the job done and saves endless messing around - if only your project could work like this as well!

Cons

My only criticism of Tom's Planner is that I didn't find it sooner. I'm sure there are things that could be improved, but often good enough is good enough.

I don't want new features and a different interface every time I want to use the programme.

I'm only there for one thing and I only want to be there as long as it takes to get the job done.

Tom's Planner Review

Reviewed on 2018/08/16

I like it so far except for the pricing. For a software that takes times to put together and something that we just refer to on a weekly basis, it's quite expensive and also limited in terms of how many we can store on the system. It's a bit of hassle deleting old projects to make room for new ones. Upgrading from 10 to unlimited is a bit ridiculous if I were to only use 20, but have to pay way more than my initial budget. However, I still do enjoy using this software.

Pros

I like that Tom's Planner is easy to use and customizable.

Cons

What I like least is that when there's a long range of data on the dates, the exported images can get really small. It's hard to find the gantt chart data useful when the data are so squished and small. Is there a way around that?