4,3
4,4
4,3
4,1
Industry: Information Technology & Services

An amazing project management tool

Reviewed on 2020/12/24

Pros

Its an awsome product to make project tasks easy and viewable across the team, the unique feature is the bars which automatically turns color when the deadlines reaches to its end. I can say that its a complete project handling tool.

Cons

I am using this software since year and found several important features which are very helpful througout the projects and its integration with other tools like asana is also very amazing, the free version is also good but limitations should be less

Maria helen L.
Industry: Packaging & Containers

Helen's Review

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

production planning

Pros

This software has ease of use, applicable and cheaper.

Cons

none so far. I will email or write feedback once I have found one.

Janne S.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Already an awesome product / critic on high level

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

Pros

I really like that I can go in a very detailed level and can see this on the whole overview.
I really like the easy handling of adding and changing tasks, the possibility to see the critical paths and deadlines.
It makes my life easier to keep track on several projects in parallel. Notifications about deadlines would be again but this is really for lazy ones. ;)

Cons

To provide the customer a status in form of the project plan the excel export doesn´t looks that nice. I still have to adapt too much.
I can´t send out a image neither as there are too many internal information. That´s why I created an additional project so far to simplify everything.
I don´t like that I can add an other workpackages / section. I always have to switch to Asana to do this. It could be also the case that I didn´t find the button for that.
If tasks have to be done in parallel and you like to show the critical path it is sometimes not that clear which tasks is dependent to another as it is overlapping.
If tasks are already done and to mark the tasks as done later on unfortunately that date is saved as the done date. It makes analysis about the performance at the end a bit falsified.

Natasha M.
Industry: Construction

Feedback during usage

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

It works pretty well and provides the information needed.

Pros

Navigation is easy and user- friendly. Could be improved .

Cons

Changes with template layout does not sync across all web browsers, eg, Chrome and Firefox
Need more options for timeline intervals
Needs the ability to bold/change the colour of the text
Cannot delete workbooks – only archive
Adding or deleting tasks does not sync properly

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Grant D.
Industry: Construction

Instagantt for Makers

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Really love it. Just a few areas that can be improved as above, and hopefully aren't too complex to add.

Pros

That it is online, and simple.
Integration with Asana is fantastic, and essential for us.
Works with our iPad Pros which we rely on for site use.
Great export PDF and JPEG functions.

Cons

Easy for users to make a change in Asana (not an instagantt problem). I would change permissions so there are tiers. I.e. a user that can view, but not make changes to the programme.
Need to allow for dependency lag. I.e. MS Project, set a dependency and then say +FS 1wk or similar. That is really key, and seems like something easy to implement.
Remove the limitation on shifting a "group" header. We use subtasks for material procurement and other tasks which sometimes don't need any programme/dates. We want to freely edit the group title as a task, where we have to do that from Asana currently.

Elena B.
Industry: Consumer Goods

New User

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/09/21

Love it, but program need some improvement.
Very poor communication with Instagantt team

Pros

- Simplicity
- Presentable
- Clean
- Price

Cons

- Communication with Instagantt assistance
- Cant move Project from Space to Space
- Can't manage list of users
- Cant export all views to PDF, only gantt

Agathe S.
Industry: Internet

A good product, yet some features could be improved

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

It was easy to launch, overall, the team seems to like it, it has enough features to be useful.
However, I'd like to have more visibility regarding the upcoming features, what you have planned to develop.

Some features are really painful for the tech team (entering a specific amount of hour a day to follow the workload for instance, not being able to archive done section...)

Pros

- The interface is user-friendly, easy to understand the core features of product.

- Collaboration with multiple users is easy to handle.

- There are all the basics someone would like in a Gantt, and the UI is nice.

- The workload view is really nice

Cons

- The workload management is not optimum -> I'd like to handle it with days worked and not hours, it becomes too specific when you work by the hour

- Section should disappear when all their content is done (or at lease archivable) otherwise, they remain visible forever and spoil the clearness of the gantt.

- It's also painful that the tasks can't be linked between workbooks -> let's say I want to have a stakeholder view versus a developer view, I don't want to work on the same workbook, and yet I have to duplicate all my modifications because it's the same tasks overall

- The milestone management is not usable (milestone shouldn't be included in section, and it shouldn't be movable -> if my tasks go beyond my milestone, I'd rather have the tasks turn red than move the milestone away)

- Some features seems to be glitched -> when you filter on a tag but didn't expand all, some features are missing.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Ahmed I.

Instagantt Feedback

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

the overall experience is good, and I suggested to my colleagues

Pros

Easy to use, user-friendly, fast, good price

Cons

ordering tasks need to refresh the whole page (not moving sometimes)

Dmitry S.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Instagantt is kinda userful service.

Reviewed on 2020/10/02

Pros

Gantt view is good implemented feature. Like it.

Cons

Working speed not the best.
Also, in Workload view I miss using gray bars summary workload for EH estimation.

Carlos A.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Looked into several Gantt options, decision based on price & simplicity but miss a few features.

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

I settled for Instagantt after reviewing many options, based on its price and interface.
It works well but I still fear that using it with a larger team could be problematic. Will have to try an see how that goes.

Pros

First I'd like to mention that I use Instagantt to plan with Gantt charts only. Not as a management software because I think it would be too scarce for that for even a small size team.
I like its price, simplicity and interface. Looked around into many and found this one to be easy to read and has a fairly compact view which I appreciate because it allows to see the big picture of the plan in one screen (most other options have extremely large o wide lines that allow you to see only a few tasks at a time). I like it is not over featured but has almost enough to work very well.
I started using it as an Asana add-on but eventually we dropped Asana for Microsoft Teams and kept Instagantt as a stand alone app because Microsoft's Gantt options are far more expensive or extremely simple compared to Instagantt . That said, I do wish Instagantt could be integrated with Microsoft Teams and Task apps.

Cons

I don't like that it has almost no security options, meaning any user could easily erase or modify the plan -if not careful- and it is extremely difficult if not almost impossible to reconstruct it well. I don't like it has no way to track back the changes or information on who did what and when.
Even when it is possible to create Baselines, it is too easy to erase them by any user and there is no option to lock that. The "undo" option works in strange ways sometimes and it will redo some moves but not others.
Although there is a mobile view, it is almost useless: you can see a plan but it's so difficult to modify it on the go that it basically works to see very basic information only.

Matteo C.
Industry: Paper & Forest Products
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

A great tool that can grow further

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

(continuing from above) a snapshot of that to share with others. But then it means that I have milestones separated from the tasks needed to achieve them...

Maybe.... a "milestones only" view would solve the problem, and remove all the nitty gritty that people don't have time to look at.

That could be an idea actually...!

Pros

I load Asana project onto Instagantt, from back when Asana did not have a timeline feature. I keep preferring Instagantt even now: it has a more detailed and professional feel, I can zoom out and have a bird's eye view on very complex projects (200+ tasks)..which is why I take time building out ganttcharts (don't need them for simple proejcts..)

Cons

It has a few bugs and sometimes is a bit finicky.
The dependencies for example, they do not always work well and I still don't seem to have understood how tasks will react to change if they are dependent or have dependants.

The view is not always very easy to read, and I sometimes need to scroll up to actually check a task against the date bar on top, to see when it's actually starting/ending (Yes, I could use the start/end date on the left, but I don't want to, since I am using a gantt chart I want to just look at the gantt chart). Making the vertical lines thicker or blacker could help. Or replicating the date bar at the bottom too.

Another small thing, being asked all the time if I want to order tasks by date is annoying. Fine to get a reminder as a new user, but after 4 years I know where to click to get that.

Finally, I don't have specific ideas to propose, but working on improving the visualization tools to get the full picture and share with others would be great. I spend a lot of time on instagantt as part of my role and it helps me a ton, but whenever I share with the rest of the team, they hardly ever take the time to look at the whole thing and try and understand,... it just looks too daunting to them !
So in the past I used to create a second instagantt project and call it "project X - high level", keeping it simple for sharing purposes. Now I simply create a Milestones section on top of the project with the key milestones and take a snapshot of that t

Tony R.
Industry: Building Materials

Rizzos review

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

Pros

I'm the only one in my company using this. I use it because I personally find it helpful. It was very easy to get started due to the free trial, and the link to Asana. After using Asana with Instagantt for a while it became clear that I didn't need Asana anymore. So for the past couple years, I've only used Instagantt. For me, the biggest benefit is the visibility of my project timelines and how they affect each other. I will admit that I am not using this software to its fullest. Probably far from it. However, I am interested in learning how and have just recently started inputting estimated hours for my tasks. My goal with that is to see if I'm overbooking myself and to get better an estimating hours for a given task.

Cons

Again, I admit that I need to learn more about Instagantts functionality before criticizing. However, I will say that the user interface feels....clunky. I wish I could be more elegant with my response but it is a bit difficult to learn how to use at first. I find myself doing things a certain way because that's what I've found work for me. However, I'm not confident that's the best way to do it. It "easy" to input a project and add tasks and move things around. But having lots of flexibility inside a software can be a double-edged sword. Often I find myself being overwhelmed at all of the selections and options I have.

Mitchell T.
Industry: Real Estate

Almost Perfect

Reviewed on 2020/07/02

Very effective management tool, but lacks some of the valuable tools that other programming software has. specifically locking a task and it actually locking. currently the lock doesnt work and other users can still move dates due to dependancy tasks. Linked tasks cannot be moved without affecting the other tasks. It would be more valuable to move the task, flag a conflict, and allow the user to decide what task to adjust to remove the conflict.

Pros

We use the software to effectively manage our entire project, for task tracking and workload review, accountability, forecasting and cashflows. It is very effective to have employees justify and confirm what they are doing, how it is progressing, with evidence. The ability to cut through what tasks employees are actually progressing, and what they only say they are, is very valuable from a management perspective.

Instagantt is used to facilitate management reporting to our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Cons

Whilst Instangantt can be used to open a task in Asana, we are unable to use Asana to open a task in Instagantt. This has resulted in programs being lost entirely, as we are unable to find them in Instagantt, but can still see them in Asana.

Blair H.
Industry: Design

Great way to add Gantt and resource management functionality to Asana

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

Overall, Instagantt adds exactly the features I want to Asana. I can create project timelines, easily create dependencies, and use the org-wide workload view to balance resources.

Pros

I started using Instagantt to create timelines/Gantt charts and manage resources with my Asana projects before Asana implemented this functionality natively. When Asana added these features, I tried them, but decided I liked the way Instagantt handles these items better. In particular, there still isn't a way to see resource availability across ALL projects/tasks in Asana like what Instagantt does. I also really like the ability to customize and publish a client-facing project plan from Instagantt without giving my clients access to our Asana project.

Cons

Generally, the Instagantt UI is not terribly friendly for users who don't have project management experience. Also, when I publish public snapshots, sometimes the Gantt charts get a little wacky (dependencies not connecting or things shifting a day).

Megan B.
Industry: Design

Best Gantt Tool Used So Far

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

My experience with Instagantt has mostly been good. There was an initial learning curve, but improvements to the user experience and interface have been made through the years.

Pros

It’s wonderful how Instagantt syncs with Asana to visualize our projects and allows us to share with clients.

Cons

The resource view doesn’t give us exactly what we need and want to see. We built and manage what we need in a separate spreadsheet and use Instagantt for some of the data that goes into it. Also building out dependencies correctly to where big shifts don’t mess anything up can be a bit tedious.

Taylor H.
Industry: Entertainment
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

More Features Please!

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

I have made Instagantt a hugely important piece of software for my workflow. If it was more suited for my industry, I believe more people would use it. It is buggy and I have to reload the page more times than I would like, but what you have created is critical to what I do. It is amazing. I think there is a bunch of work that could be done to help instagantt stand on its own, at least in my industry. I would love to chat more about that if you have 30 minutes.

Pros

Seeing our entire post production slate for is incredibly powerful when needing to make quick decisions on the fly. I can see a huge amount of data with a fair amount of ease.

Cons

Legibility. One of the biggest problems I have is being able to translate the gantt into a customer friendly version. When exporting snapshots, I would like the ability to just show specific data points. Instagantt is great to plan the backend, but when I need to send the plan to a customer, it is too cumbersome.

Another BIG issue I have is figuring out where one project starts and ends, due to the title of the project being as small as any column/section made in Asana. If the titles of projects were slightly bigger or bolder, I would spend less time trying to see where I need to pop something open with the plus button or not.

A small issue is that when I change the title in instagantt, it does not change in Asana.

Abdallah Y.
Industry: Civil Engineering

Great Tool

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Very good, Quick Customer Feedback.

Pros

It's quick to learn, Nice presentation, Collaboration, Easy Export Features.

Cons

Mainly the issue is that it still does not complety replace Primavera, so we will pay for Primavera (Industry Standard) + an Primavera Expert along with our instagantt subscribtion which is our biggest problem. The main features that have to be added as soon as possible:
1. Planned & Actual Duration of each Item
2. Capability to add the delay in every item in a diffrent color so that the user can visulaize the Pland Duration and the Days that it was delayed in. (Currently we are limited to just extending the item that is delayed and the client has no reference to how much it was delayed) a delayed days coloumn would be great as well
3. The overall project process never matches with Primavera which causes a big issue. Feature like exporting overall project process into an excel chart would be very very helpful.
4. You have to add an export feature were you can print the gantt chart on multiple A3 or A4 papers. Because especcialy for long projects the gantt chart tends to be very wide and we have to print it on A0 then cut it which is a big hassle.
5. Capability to add comments or Alerts next to each item.

Andrew C.

Instagantt review

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2021/01/12

Pros

Instagantt adds a really solid gantt chart on top of asana task lists. Asana integration is useful.

The usability is great, very intuitive features i.e. baseline overlay, auto sort by date, moving with dependencies, adding tasks directly to chart, etc etc. So many great features.
Prints very well & share mode is great too.

Cons

Nothing major.

Lack of a task list. I personally only use asana for it's integration with instagantt. I'd use instagantt alone if there was a task list similar to asana.

Reporting isn't as strong for me. I use the progress burn up chart, but I don't resource the project through instagantt (or asana) so workload/overview aren't great for me.

Brandon D.
Industry: Machinery

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

This software has help me run the business smoothly. I highly recommend it.

Pros

Very Easy to use and has a lot of required options

Cons

The software could do with custom templates (created by user) of repetitive tasks that occur within one project that can be called upon anytime you need.

Taeyong K.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Affordable and easy to use project manager

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

It has the very core functionalities need for a small company.

Pros

I could buy only Gantt functionality need to manage my project.
Other solutions had too much functionalities with higher price, which I didn't need at that time.

Cons

Some part of a project needs to be copied to other project.
This happens when some of the tasks of a project is to be moved to next stage.

Martin M.

Happy user

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

Just easy to use simple software that has everything you need to make gantt charts.

Pros

For me it is a very easy software that focus on gantt timelines. I like the fact that the tool is separated from the issue tracker.

Cons

This is one of my most favorite software! I cannot name something that I don't like.

Lisa D.
Industry: Animation

Very satisfying app

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

This app has upped my efficiency by a lot !!

Pros

I love that it syncs to Asana !! This is GOLD !

Cons

Having difficulty bringing people on board who are used to scheduling with excel. Also can be pretty heavy when not planned properly or if we have too many episodes.

Shagufta W.
Industry: E-Learning

Project Manager view

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

Pros

- Gantt chart view clean and beneficial for easy view
- Like the option of having a master link so can be shared with client

Cons

- Project schedules built in Asana don't 100% carry-over to instagantt
- Sometimes tasks get misplaced or misaligned
- Subtasks don't show up in work load view therefore, cause discrepancy in resourcing

Raymond M.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion
Company size: Self Employed

Good but not perfect.

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

It has been good because I just get in and manipulate different chores straight away. I'm still on a learning curve regarding the groups function as well as broader tasks with smaller tasks etc. Trying to find my style, but for this product to really excel the undo function and some glitchy stuff needs utterly resolved.

Pros

Allows me to do the gantt without so many other features and steps beforehand.

Cons

I'm not a fan of the undo function. It is highly unreliable and offers up past stages that seem to not ever have existed.
I've also tried to create groups of tasks and seen the tasks dissappear completely, then when I use the undo they don't even come back. Critical issue!! You guys should sort this kind of glitchy type of thing out.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Andrew E.
Industry: Media Production

The most important decision you'll make

Reviewed on 2021/01/13

Picking up and building a quick timeline and schedule to make all parties privy and able is next to the impossible outside of this tool.

Pros

Ease of use and accessibility is unparalleled when working with other tools.

Cons

A bit unintuitive when it comes to more advanced features.