T ryan A.

Product Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

Overall I am very happy with Centercode and would recommend them to any customer research group looking to conduct Alpha, Beta, or Field testing.

Pros

Centercode is an excellent tool that helps Bluebeam organize test participants and run multiple simultaneous customer validation projects. Being able to use data science to turn the "voice of the customer" into actionable business intelligence has made our products better and helped foster a sense of cooperation and trust between Bluebeam and our Customers.

Cons

The administrative interface takes a while to get used to. I was a DBA for several years so the "data model" and filtering make sense to me, but for some of our design and product users the ability to review feedback has been a struggle.

Simeon D.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Centercode increased my value to the organization

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

Centercode has increased the value my department brings to the organization:
-Resolving user experience issues
-Resolving technical issues with planned maintenance updates, reducing customer impact
-Help manage large enterprise testing programs with up to 5K employee testers
-Experiment with new products and services to identify marketing and improvement opportunities
-Employees reported over 1K unique issues over the past 6 Months
-Easy to establish bi-directional communications with testers
-Easy to automate communications and messaging to keep testers engaged and informed

Pros

Centercode makes it very easy to establish two-way communication, post notices and follow-ups, with participants. Speed is essential to triage critical impacting issues. Centercode makes it easy to manage the feedback loop and track individual communications in a central repository. The use of automated messaging increases participant engagement. Automate messaging helps to reduce PM communication workload to notify participants/internal members of critical fix/updates on reported issues and to communicate important information.

Cons

I dislike lease the user data import form. The more complex our projects become, the greater the need to append different types of data to participant project profile for faster triage. The import process is cumbersome, and does not work well with large amounts of data. It does not provide sufficient error messaging to alert user of specific issues with imported data.

Holger R.

Our main working platform, overall quite satisfied

Reviewed on 2019/10/02

As already mentioned above, the platform delivers us everything, we usually need. And they are going on enhancing it with new features and improvements quite often. Because of the wide selection of features and functionalities, it was not that easy to use at the beginning, but we got a good training then. If there is something wrong (a bug or if I do not understand something), the Centercode team is very quick, professional and nice.

Pros

Mighty tool: User management, communication, surveys, feedback management, release distribution, providing activation keys etc. We usually can do everything for our tests in the Centercode platform. The support is very fast and the people working there are professional and nice. Also, customizable. We were able to whitelable it quite good (custom CSS, custom string sets, banners, colors, ...).

Cons

Sometimes, we struggle with bugs. But those are mostly fixed very fast and the support provides good workarounds.

Stephen B.

Centercode review

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

We have a centralized place for interacting with our customers, the tool helps create a focal point for this interaction. Due to the flexibility of the tool, we can integrate other components we need to complete our workflow like Jira, file attachments, links to surveys, etc. I use some of the advanced features, when I have time to figure them out (i.e. tasks), so that is also great. Also Centercode provides excellent, responsive support to any questions we have.

Pros

Great forums, work on many devices (computers, tablets, etc)
Love the integration with Jira, helps get items in our backlog
Love the ability to host files, attachments
Love the 'tasks' feature for users (though I wish it was simpler)
also love the reports feature (though I wish it was simpler)
I love the ability to get data on our participants

Cons

Forum usage, admin, etc. is quite straight forward; however, ease of use for all the extra features is very, very low. Even creating tasks involves many steps that are not always clear. I would like to use CC to generate surveys but again, it is too complex so I use Survey Monkey instead.

Also I wish reports were much simpler and faster to generate because the data within them is so valuable.

Gene P.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great tool for managing your customer validation tests

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

Support from CC has always been prompt and efficient. If you need additional help such as creating reports that you just don't have time to do, you can purchase service credits to get that work done.

Their management is always listening to customers to see how they can improve.

Pros

The tool allows you to manage your testers, their tasks and survey results all in one tool. Everything from getting the testers to complete their profile to recruiting them to specific tests if very simple.

Cons

Scoring our testers has been a challenge and understanding how much a tester is participating is something that we have had to manage with PowerBi.

Mark T.

Centercode for Beta testing

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Centercode is embedded in our organization. It has become the standard for Alpha and Beta testing projects. The efficiency of Centercode is fantastic. Once people experienced it, they recognize the efficiency and great tools and options and love to make use of it.

Pros

I’m capable to guide a large tester community (>2500 tester) in multiple test projects.

Cons

Setting up new projects from scratch, defining all authorities of testers. That’s a lot of work with many hidden settings-menus.

Dolores T.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Customer Database Content

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Overall, I like this tool, but like any tool we still feel it needs to modify some of features that we use daily

Pros

I like the way I can use filters to pull specific information based on the questionnaire we provide testers

Cons

Not all features are intuitive. Meeting with the teams who use this tool daily will bring an improved prospective as to what could be improved.

Dan M.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great tool for testing new products; great customer validation expertise

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

We are using Centercode for Alpha and Beta testing a new product. The team is very experienced and responsive. The platform is a tool. It does take a lot of expertise to use the tools at maximum potential. Overall the team and product have met our needs and we will be using them with other testing programs.

Pros

Intuitive interface; lots of ways to slice and dice information; good to facilitate discussions within communities; easy to offer feedback; good report generation

Cons

would be nice to have template reports; easier way to sort and prioritize ranked topics; would like multi-language support (Spanish, French, Japanese)

Drew M.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Solid features, but clunky user experience

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

Pros

I appreciate that Centercode makes it easy to invite beta participants, manage reports bugs and suggestions and add tasks and reminders for participants.

Cons

Many features are difficult to find and use, and don't seem to be intuitively organized. For example, all features relating to sending emails to participants should be in one place.

River C.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Involve customers for new product experience in centercode

Reviewed on 2020/11/25

Pros

We could create the group of customers to manage them in various sub forums, and easily to setup the surveys and report after customer responses. It also provides the rich filter functionalities to get the info we want.

Cons

Now community App is really convenient and popular, and we highly wish to have the connection between community APP and centercode forums. It will be better ease of use, and easily get customer engaged.

Chris M.

My #1 Software Product

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

We've used Centercode for over 10 years now for pre-release validation of the majority of our software products; it enables us to quickly identify design/implementation/quality issues & ensure that they are addressed prior to release. We always release with confidence. More importantly it has been a vital mechanism for us to establish some extremely critical business relationships with our customers. Without Centercode our ability to engage with our customers would be severely limited. I consider it to be mission critical for us.

Our relationship with Centercode has been mutually beneficial; we enjoy a very close relationship & this results in our enhancement & support requests being resolved in a very timely manner. The whole ethos of this company & their resulting products & services cannot be understated; this starts with the CEO & runs throughout the company. A real pleasure to partner with them.

Pros

Centercode is infinitely configurable especially with the most recent integration capabilities. It's always the first software product I go to when challenged with a new way to engage with our customers. Invariably when others can't find the answers/info they need from "their" systems I can use the Centercode capabilities to achieve the desired results.

Cons

Quite a steep learning curve for new users.

Brandon G.

Excellent Customer Validation Solution

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

We have seen a huge increase in the amount of customer feedback received during our alpha, beta, and pilot phases. This has led to a large reduction in negative experiences downstream after product launch. We've been able to save money, improve overall NPS scores on particular products, and take our offerings to the next level. This is all because we were able to catch issues earlier on in the development cycle, thanks to Centercode making it easy to interact with our customers.

Pros

I loved the overall feature set that Centercode came with, even at the lower subscription tiers. There are countless ways to customize the software, and that lends itself heavily to the overall positive impact that I had using the software.

Not only that, the customer service is TOP NOTCH. I have never had a poor interaction with Centercode's support team. They are, hands down, one of the best that I've interacted with. They sincerely care about their customers and their success.

Cons

The learning curve can be somewhat high, but I think that's more a result of how one implements the software in their organization, rather than Centercode being hard to learn. That being said, to get the full value of Centercode, it did take me a while to get the hang of it.

John B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great product with extensive features and incredible customer support!

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

Centercode is a great product. We were initially in search of a platform that would allow us to distribute BETA product software builds to external program participants. The search lead us to Centercode which provided the basic functionality we needed plus so much more. Fast forward almost seven years later and we are using Centercode to completely manage our Product Validation Program including BETA release distribution, tester management, feedback collection, bug tracking and reporting.

Pros

- BETA release management including attachments and download tracking
- Feedback forms with customizable fields
- Communication options with email templates
- User (tester) segregation via groups ("Teams")
- Data export options including reports and email ("External Destinations")
- Site configuration with custom branding ("Visual Themes")
- First class, top-notch, incredible customer support team!

Cons

Customer support is typically only available during US West Coast (GMT-7) business hours

James S.

CenterCode Review

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

Excellent people to work with. Always prompt, courteous, and professional to deal with.

Pros

Excellent collaboration tool with our beta customers. Tool is the back bone at how we interact and collect data from our beta customer testers

Cons

The reporting module really needs some help. It is almost unusable as it is impossible to manipulate / customize look and feel of charts and tables into usable / publishable reports. The tool needs the ability to export report data into customized PowerPoint template. Because of the reporting limitations, I typically export the data out into CSV files and then manipulate it in Excel as work around. This creates extra work on my part as I have to hand build weekly beta reports in PowerPoint using the Excel charts and tables. I see this as the biggest limitation with the tool. If Centercode can improve this then the tool would get 5 / 5 stars easily.

Julia P.

Centercode SaaS Platform

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

Centercode is used for our Enterprise Software betas - I've been very pleased with the ability to provide a 24x7 support platform for our beta testers to find information, access code and request assistance. I'm also able to report on feedback items to ensure timely responses.

Pros

The flexibility, data capture and reporting

Cons

Would like more included APIs to easily integrate with other systems

Keith G.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Centercode does a great job

Reviewed on 2020/03/23

Overall our experiences with Centercode have been exceptional

Pros

The ability to create macros to perform smaller functions is always very helpful..

Cons

While it's simple on the surface, it can be quite complicated the deeper to dig into it. Which can be good, but in order to get anything working as you'd like it, there always feels like there is a larger overhead of 'programming' it to do what you want.

Ken N.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Centercode is invaluable!

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Pros

My favorite part of the tool is the sheer amount of functionality that is available. In my projects, there is a lot of feedback that I need to keep track of. Centercode allows me to keep track of this feedback and also communicate in organized fashion with my users.

Cons

There is a large learning curve to this tool so it takes a bit to figure out all of the functionality and how it is useful.

Mikael B.

Usefull, Easy and saving time

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

Very nice experience, support is A1 , very quick .

Pros

Very easy to use, we save a lot of time when creating Survey and reporting

Cons

tool is in english only, we can't have a bi-lingual version

Rachel W.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Dense tool that requires training to utilize well; good for forums but not great surveys and...

Reviewed on 2021/03/10

Overall, I am glad we are using Centercode but I think they have room to improve in making the tool more user friendly.

Pros

I like that it keeps our 200+ monthly Beta users organized for us in one place (before, we had to manually track who was in our Beta in Google Sheets. It makes it really easy to communicate with our users all at once and automatically give them ongoing surveys. I also like the forum elements like praise, ideas, and problems where users can add things and upvote others. This helps me with prioritization as a product manager.

Cons

The survey report tool is so clunky and takes a long time to create a report with all the right filters etc. I have to re-add all the filters for every single chart or graph in my report, so the whole process just takes forever. It is a dense tool with lots of options and features so if you haven't gone through the training, the UX is not intutive.

Ashar K.

Centercode Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

Overall experience is pretty good. The reporting feature is great.

Pros

The tool is very robust and can do a lot.

Cons

Sometimes too complicated and there are serious feature enhancements that need to be added ASAP to improve the UX.

Rami B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Centercode user exprience needs improvement. Its very hard to find features/settings in a...

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

Centercode is a very powerful project management tool but is too customizable at some points that it's hard to get the basic stuff done because you have to navigate through many screens to accomplish your goal.

Pros

It is very customizable. You can create very custom feedback forms, informational education for users and change the behavior of each project managed in centercode if needed.

Cons

User experience needs to be improved. Its very hard to find how to change a setting for a project. I'm unable to find which screen/page contains the settings/customization that I'm looking for. Its easy to get lost while navigating through the various options of a project.
It's also hard to invite someone to a specific project if you have multiple projects in centercode. The invite screen has some options that are not clear and sometimes I wasn't able to invite a coworker to the project.

Developer documentation and experience need to be improved as well. As a developer trying to implement an external feedback form on a mobile app that would submit to a centercode project is quite complicated. For example I wasn't able to turn off email validation (I want users to be able to submit feedback even if they aren't invited to the specific project).

Adam G.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/11/23

Overall, Centercode was on top of the project. The communication was great.

Pros

The software made it very easy to test what I needed to test.

Cons

I would have liked to be alerted when my testing software had updates.

Kathy D.

Single Platform to Manage Alpha/Beta Programs

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

I think the positives definitely outweigh the negatives - so glad to have a single platform where I can manage, collect, and review alpha and beta feedback. Not sure how I lived without it!

Pros

Centercode is a fantastic solution for any org wanting to run an efficient alpha or beta program - it allows you to manage the entire end-to-end process in one platform. Onboarding users is a breeze - the platform allows for surfacing of appropriate NDA's, the builds that you want the users to access, and all of the tasks that you want your users to tackle. We leverage the forums to encourage feedback and discussion from our testers, and to promote discussion between testers.

Their online guides + educational materials available online a superb and super helpful.

Cons

The overhead of setting up a project is not always intuitive - you sometimes end up digging through the various Project Tools to determine where things need to be setup. The way Centercode has determined you should gather feedback is okay 90% of the time - on the odd occasion that you need to run an alpha with a little less overhead for gathering feedback, it can be a little rigid.

Joy T.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Every Company Should Implement Customer Validation Testing

Reviewed on 2021/03/10

One stop shop for all my beta tests. Great platform that gets better over time. Customer support is outstanding. I've never had a poor experience using the platform for going on 2+ years.

Pros

That I can be creative and create the exact test space needed dependent on the products / app I am testing and structure the surveys and feedback based on my teams deliverables (goals).

Cons

Just minor things like having to replace survey links test over test (annoying when I am running multiple tests). My team also has to separate iOS and Android as individual test spaces, it'd be nice to be able to hold everything in the same test space but shield iOS vs. Android testers.

Tillmann R.
  • Industry: Music

Music technology is a long-term experience

Reviewed on 2020/03/17

Centercode is an one-stop-solution for private beta testing. There are great things about it and things that could be improved. At any time the Centercode Team will be there for you, to train or explain to you how things work. So overall it's a pretty good experience.

Pros

Centercode helps with getting long-term feedback from a dedicated community of (private) beta participants. It's an all encompassing tool supporting our needs for:
- hosting and communicating with our UR & QA communities
- collecting unsolicited feedback (forums, suggestions)
- collecting focused, solicited feedback (surveys, emails)

Cons

Workflows are abstract and usually there is one, abstract way to setting something up. The IA is mostly centered around artefacts not workflows, which doesn't help. If you don't use or set up workflows all the time, you need to constantly relearn a lot. This can lead to fewer users (internal users, like designers or developers) engaging with the software. The whole user experience definitely leads to a bias in external user participation, only technically inclined people will participate actively on this platform.