Crew Control

The easy-to-use lawn care software for managing your crews

5 /5 (15 reviews) Write a Review!
4,9
Donnie W.

Nimble and Communicative

Reviewed on 2020/04/26

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been nothing be amazing. He is constantly updating and improving. The amount of changes that have happened since I started using the program are insane. If you have an idea, a question, or a change or a better way of doing things, you can just reach out, and he will either walk you through the process, update the program, or figure out a better way to solve the problem.

Pros

I can see all of the jobs that I have, drag and drop them into the slots they need to go. It lets me have an eagle-eye view of the work that needs to be done, and with ease (on both desktop and mobile) plant that job where it needs to be.

I can update on the fly, and dispatch quickly, and the changes are immediate. The crew doesn't get bogged down with notifications, the new schedule is just automatically on their devices.

Cons

Like all programs, they are only as good as the information you enter. It was timely entering all of our customer's jobs, but they solved the issue of having to enter all the individual customers by allowing you to pull from Quickbook's; so, that saved us a ton of time, and with their recurring job feature, you can set it and forget it on weekly/monthly/etc jobs. l

Michal B.

User Friendly Software

Reviewed on 2020/04/14

When i made first contact with the company there was never a time that I felt pressure to purchase.

I loved the fact they truly want to hear my feed back. The personal attention and feed back was priceless. This company truly knows Landscapers/Snowplowers needs and the functional system needed to run a successful day with multiple crews and hundreds of Clients.

Pros

I like how simple the software is to use. There was less than five minutes of training with our employees.

I liked the fact that we did not have to purchase any equipment all we have to do to dispatch is to send a text message to the crew leader's own cell phone and they would have their work orders for the complete day.

I like the fact its in real time so you can see what your crews have completed through out the day and you can add and take away work order through out the day as changes come in. I don't have to interrupt our employee's production to discuss change in their day the software does all that for you.

Cons

I can not think of one thing about the software that I dislike.

Daniel H.

Game Changer!

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Routing, Scheduling, seeing jobs completed and billable before the crews even punch out for the day.

Pros

The software has been wonderful for scheduling and routing. It has also streamlined the billing and works seamlessly with Quickbooks. It allows us the ability to look at the schedule and move jobs around which the crews can see from their device also. I have tried other software programs in the past and this one has been by far the easiest to use. For us, this has been great. The tech support is like none other I have ever experienced. Emails have been returned within minutes. Phone calls are ALWAYS answered. Constantly updating the software from feedback from users.

Cons

Nothing that we dislike at all. I wish we would have purchased sooner!

Bill H.
Industry: Facilities Services

Best Bang for Your Buck!

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

We were using an Excel spreadsheet for several years to keep our customers serviced. Our crews would do bimonthly services weekly and weekly services monthly. It was always a mess with unhappy customers and even cancelled services. We researched a lot of scheduling software and the common denominator was 'complicated and expensive' Crew Control truly has been a life-saver for our maintenance operations. Our crews are operating more efficiently, we are not missing the 'extras' invoicing and our customers are happy!

Trust me when I say it is the best money spent!

Pros

If you are looking for a simple and cheap software for scheduling crews this is it! Most software we reviewed were weeks or more getting setup and crews trained. Just too complicated and expensive to trial and error. We truly loaded all of our data one day and the next day started our crews with a two week trial but they were up to speed in about 3 days with not errors. Our crews love it, we love it and our customers love the fact we are not missing services! I know we saved the monthly crew fee the first week...possibly day with the simple efficiencies of keeping crews pointed in the right direction 100% of the time!

Cons

I cannot say there is really anything we like least since we know the program is growing and all of our immediate needs from support have been met. We have made suggestions of additions or changes and wait a week or two and the guys at Crew Control seem to roll them out! We are excited for some of the planned updates such a more advanced reporting.

Response from Crew Control

Thank you, Bill! We appreciate the kind words and glad you are benefiting from our program.

Taylor S.
Industry: Consumer Services

Wish this was here 5 years ago

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Customer service has been key for me, I had been looking for a system ever since I stepped up
and helped with getting work orders for our Crews. We had over 250 properties WEEKLY that I had to hand write. We tried a different system for 1 year and it was over priced, super complicated for both the admin and user, and the customer service was non existent.
Needless to say the first time we got on the phone and talked over what this product office and the price we immediately cancelled the other service and have been grateful for this product ever since! If you are a small or medium business and are not sure you can afford to spend the extra money, know that it pays for its self with the time saved scheduling and not waiting for all the papers to be turned in at the end of the day, being able to bill immediately after, not forgetting what customer you skipped 2 weeks in a row due to weather. Seriously, this system is a game changer!

Pros

Super user friendly for both the admin and the user!

Cons

I only wish that we could use this for other departments (Human Resources. Etc.)

Tripp H.
Industry: Environmental Services

Organized scheduling and less stress

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

Crew control has been great for us. The ability to plan ahead, prepare better for our jobs and be sure they all get done more efficiently was a big step in the right direction for us. Crew Control has even allowed us to accomplish more without hiring another manager. Crew Control has become our “whiteboard schedule” at the office, but now it is with us all the time. No need to take a picture of the whiteboard when leaving the office.

Pros

The software is easy to use, goes with all of us everywhere we go so when we need to make changes, we can make them immediately. Because it is easy to provide details and send photos for each individual job, we have less confusion, quicker response to customer requests and less call backs. Implementing this into our daily routine was well received with little to no resistance by our crews. Let’s face it, crews typically don’t like change, but our crews have liked this change. No need to carry paper schedules and no lost revenues due to the electronic paper trail on everything we do!

Cons

There isn’t anything I really don’t like. There is always little things that can make processes better, but the good thing is the owner is taking any feedback we have and working towards making it better than it is.

Vanessa S.

Great software program!

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Amazing!!!! I have the ability to type notes or create/ manage/ change checklists in Spanish which is super helpful with crew members who are not strong in English.
It is very easy to use and understand!

Pros

I like that we communicate any needs or suggestions and the customer service response is truly the best! They listen and if they need better understanding, they ask to be able to provide help as best as possible!!!
Also very user friendly for both admin and crew member use.

Cons

There is really nothing I can say I like least because any suggestions I bring to their attention they are very quick to respond to help find a solution.

Alec K.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

scheduling

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

this has made my communication with my crews much better.
with real time instructions and adjustments, it has made communications with employees much smoother and quicker.

Pros

easy to use and love the constant updates

Cons

i would like to see more color to differential services and products.

Bryan P.

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

Crew control has eliminated paper work for my crews. No more lost papers. I love that I can dispatch a schedule remotely and I have real time updates on when jobs are completed. Customer service has been second to none.

Pros

How easy it was for my crews to use it.

Cons

There is nothing I don’t like so far. Any of my concerns were answered immediately.

Sissy M.

Easy App for Managing Crews

Reviewed on 2020/02/08

Pros

It has what I need for managing crew. It is easy for administrators and users. There are weekly updates based on customer feedback.

Cons

Any small issues I had have been resolved or addressed, so really I don't have any dislikes.

Anabel S.

Crew Control

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

Great communication with customer service. Constantly listening to issues/changes needed for improvement. Great to work with.

Pros

The Software is very user friendly, easy set up.

Cons

Not available as app and mobile site was limited but have seen improvements since.

Jey N.

Perfect scheduling app

Reviewed on 2019/09/22

Great experience, developers are extremely responsive to any issues that may come up

Pros

Very short learning curve with well designed layout

Cons

The fact that it took me so long to find out about them. Wish I found them years ago

Rick C.
Industry: Consumer Services

Owner

Reviewed on 2019/04/27

Easy to schedule jobs and track where the crew is during the day. It is also easy to move jobs from crew to crew depending on customer needs. The software gives you the flexibility to add, remove, and move jobs as needed at a moments notice.

Pros

The ability to see where the crew is in "real time"

Cons

I would like the ability to see multiple crews on the screen at one time.

Response from Crew Control

Hi Rick,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We actually have the ability now to view multiple crew schedules at the same time by selecting the day of the week while viewing the weekly schedule. I hope this helps!

Scott J.
Industry: Utilities

Great Software

Reviewed on 2019/07/12

I love crew control. Made my life so much easier. The rep has helped me a ton with this. Being able to speak to him directly has made life so much easier.

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate through.

Cons

Wish the start and stop notified the customer that you started and completed the property.

Austin H.
Industry: Construction

Easiest and Most efficient way to dispatch crews

Reviewed on 2019/07/11

Pros

Its very easy to navigate and move jobs around when needed!

Cons

The thing I like least is that it logs you out after 2hours of non use.

Response from Crew Control

Thanks, Austin! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and will look into improving the time-out experience.