Showing 123 reviews of 112

symplr

Credentialing solution for the healthcare sector

Showing 123 reviews of 112

Very Powerful

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

this program is a very powerful program and when used correctly is a valuable tool in the credentialing process. I don't have much experience with other programs but what I have experienced I am impressed and am fairly happy. even with the cons I listed, I would and do plan to stay with this program.

Pros

Makes tracking Privilege dates, license expirations....a snap....
easy to pull reports and fairly easy to input.

Cons

we switched from Visual Cactus to web based Cactus and the transition has not been very smooth. most of the bugs have been worked out but not all. it would have been best if Cactus/Symplr had worked all the bugs out ahead of implementing the new product.

Jennifer R.
  • Industry: Insurance

Visual CACTUS vs Web Based CACTUS

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

As stated above NPDB in Web based CACTUS. We have resolved a printer issue in CACTUS, however, with most of our issues our IT team figures out a work around to the problem. We feel since we are paying for this that CACTUS should be solving these problems. It took a month or more for them to solve the issue around a mandatory update with NPDB.

Pros

1. CAQH module (extra fee to have implemented)
2. NPDB Malpractice information loaded and able to copy in Visual CACTUS but not in Web Based.
3. Queries we can run for our specific needs
4. More cost effective for our needs than our IT component building something similar.

Cons

1. Customer service has decreased drastically since being taken over by Symplr.
2. We put Web based CACTUS into test 4 years ago and still have not put it into production due to the functionality not meeting our needs or what we have in Visual CACTUS today.
3. Delayed implementations, ie NPDB that required us to manually input provider data into NPDB vs using CACTUS autofill process resulting in more time to process applications.
4. We always test the product before implementation and feel like we find problems for them and we would rather have a partnership where we could test prior to the release. As stated earlier we have been testing Web based CACTUS for 4 years.

Kirk V.

I think the customer support operates at a high level. Software ease of use could be more...

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

Pros

I like the overall visual layout. I like being able to populate and move from name to name in the left hand, blue sidebar.

Cons

I have offered these some of these suggestions in the past, but nothing has seemed to change. 1. I wish that information viewing "boxes" say, in Specialties/boards, would have the capability to expand, versus being fixed and using a slider bar. This applies to several of the different "instances". 2. There are far too many redundant keyboard "clicks" required. I make my choice and then a screen comes up asking "am I sure" and I have to verify my choice. When I make a choice, don't ask me to verify. Another wasted extra keyboard click is when dropping a PDF into "images" on the toolbar of the credentialing instance. I move the document in, then a screen comes up that I have to click on stating "An image has just been added...". Every time that pops up I say to myself, "No, s#*t. I just purposefully added it." 3. When I enter a "from" date, I would like the cursor to automatically jump to the "to" date box, (like it used to do in visual cactus), instead of having to press "tab". 4. When I enter, let's say, a new license on the licensing screen, I would like for it to automatically go and populate into the credentialing instance, versus having to go to the credentialing set up, to click on the yellow icon to approve the entry. Again, I purposefully entered it. Trust that I wanted to do it. Don't make me have to do yet another verification of my actions. 5. Re: "Packets" they don't work the way they were explain to us,and sought clarification/direction 2x

Symplr Vendor Credentialing

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Pros

Easy application to use and adjustable to meet our needs with user defined fields

Customer support for process within the application and reporting is excellent

Cons

None identified at this time

Once you learn more about the capabilities issues usually correct themselves.

Sue P.

At this time I am having some issues and customer support is not able to resolve it.

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

The software has a lot to offer in terms of maintenance however, it's difficult to look at pros right now considering my comments below. There are some good tracking options and I do like that we can call for support although lately the support has fallen short.

Cons

Overall, the software is good, but there are numerous glitches such as making an entry in the cred verification screen can affect other screens and roll back dates which wipes out the new entry. I am not able to send an email through cactus which I was able to do previously and support has not been able to fix this after hours on the phone with them. Lastly, we should be able to go from one screen and function to another without having to close out each time. For example, if I a running some documents from cactus and I need to check an address of a provider, I cannot just minimize that and look, I have to close out the documents. This is time consuming and frustrating. Overall too many glitches and this makes one not trust the software - the support team needs to be better! A few are knowledgeable but lately the ones I've dealt with don't know how to address and fix it. Too much wasted time on the phone and I was told they would get back with me with a resolution and no one ever called me back---very disappointing and poor customer service.

• Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Cactus is the credentialing software my organization purchased.

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

It keeps all of our provider information in one database for ease of access.

Pros

I prefer the ease and esthetics of Visual Cactus over the more challenging and unappealing web-based Cactus.

Cons

The web-based Cactus is not as user-friendly as Visual Cactus. Also, it does not interface with my organization's other programs.
**This review is based on my time at the Corporate level. I have recently started with the managed care business unit, therefore my Cactus experience here is limited.

Jo J.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Competent customer service representative assisted with query.

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Credentialing tracking and ability of providing lists to hospital personnel

Pros

I have used the product since the days of DOS and I am used to it. I do like customer service and their willingness to assist when I run into any issue.

Cons

Too many modules, should be "all encompassing", e.g. LEMM, iResponse, etc. Also, when the "next generation" of Cactus was upgraded from Cactus Vintage, for existing customers, should have been an automatic upgrade for those with technical specifics, not fee-based.

Stephanie D.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Enhancements to the system are expensive. The new web based software is not easy on the eye.

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Historically we have benefited, but I would shop around if starting from scratch.

Pros

We have it already and it would be a big endeavor to change software. Staff is trained and it would be too expensive to change.

Cons

Enhancements are too expensive. The recent OIG/SAM querying capability should not be an extra fee. This is should be a basic function. Company has lost "family feel" since it became Simplyr.

Stacy W.

Very user friendly and great support from Symplr Team!

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Streamline credentialing processes and working more efficiently.

Pros

After using PrivPlus for so long, Symplr was so advanced and very user friendly. There are so many "Bells & Whistles" and the staff are so helpful when you call on them.

Cons

Running reports can be time consuming and trying to get the information needed into one report, even with MyReports report writer.

Amy T.

Since the acquisition by Symplr, things have gone downhill.

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Easy access to provider's information.

Pros

Easy of Use. Privilege forms for reference. The ability to attached verified items. Batch print of verification letters.

Cons

Reports get changed and then no one knows how they originally existed and they are never the same. It seems I have to be "ugly" to get anything fixed. Turn around time for tickets seems very slow.

Jill O.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Noticeable degradation in customer service over last year. Some modules need redesign.

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Tracking credentialing data. LEMM!

Pros

Flexibility with user-defined fields. Ability to view multiple tabs at one time (I understand this goes away with web)--please fix!

Cons

Degradation in support over last year. Inability to include "or" clauses in query writer (I understand that is resolved with Web version). Disappointing responses to questions.

Maggie F.

Overall very satisfied

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Pros

New updates and enhancements - new online application process has been wonderfully easy to implement and use. New and existing providers love it!

Cons

cost is a huge factor to adding new features, such as license and OIG monitoring. It's hard to cost justify these types of things when it costs so much to implement and then pay yearly to keep.

Catherine O.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

We have struggled with Cactus and the way it was hosted.

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

It has been a good start to taking our credentialing process paperless.

Pros

Source of truth for us. It makes it easy for the credentialing team and enrollment team to collaborate.

Cons

not intuitive. It is difficult to retrieve data specific to our needs at times. We, as of yet, still have not been able to make mail merge work. APp Central fax back process is awful.

Pam J.

I have a good experience

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

Pros

I love the OIG feature and how easy that is to run that report. Everything seems to flow very well with the features.

Cons

The only thing that I can think of is that it is not able to do continuous querys for the NPDB so therefore we are not using the add on because we need continuous querys. It would be nice if you could add the Death Master to CACTUS. ECHO has already done that.

Doug C.

This makes working with the government easier

Reviewed on 2018/07/06

great way to navigate the government

Pros

No one likes trying to challenge the government and all their in's and out's but this does help a lot.

Cons

This program does not change as fast as the government. But that really is it's only limitation I would say.

Pam W.

This software is not user friendly at all and requires way too many "clicks" to accomplish...

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Pros

I seriously cannot think of anything that I like - a shame that PrivPlus sold out. I have nothing else to say.

Cons

Everything - as stated above - there is nothing that I like about this software. I will be very happy if and when we move on to something else

Barbara S.

Nightmare

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Cons

It is not designed to use in a regional approach. Vendor not amenable to suggestions for improvement. Conversion severly flawed yet vendor not willing to accept any responsibility. Work takes much longer than with previous software. Many more clicks, not designed to be user friendly. Would never recommend.

Karen D.

I'm halfway into training and this is the easiest software to navigate through.

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Pros

Everything is laid out wonderfully. Easy navigation from one thing to another. Great support team and the trainers are excellent.

Andrea S.

Our experience with purchasing this software has been a challenge right from the start.

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

So far, I see no benefits.

Pros

Query aspect is the only thing useful in this software in my opinion. Other than that, I regret the purchase.

Cons

Does not do the things I was promised it would do by the salesman who came out to demonstrate it for us.

Mitchell S.

excellent

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Pros

Sqlserver database -
Good customer support
I don't use the software, I report on it and I helped on an implementation. I also am an administrator.

Cons

I had a good experience working with the rep and the rest of the team for a cactus implementation of a new entity. Everything went smoothly. I was in IT and I coordinated, oversaw and tested the implementation.

Danette P.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Used Cactus for last 15+ years and love it and all it does but the customer support is bad.

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

All information is in one place, easily accessible. Expirable reports are easy to run and it is easy to keep things up to date. Queries and reports can be easily customized to what you need.

Pros

The ability to write and customize reports and queries to what we need. We are soon to move to App Central and are looking forward to that functionality. The different modules that are offered are great.

Cons

Really I cannot say anything bad about the software. User friendly. The only con I have is not related to the software - it is technical support. In the past I could never say about word a tech support, they were awesome. Now tech support if very bad. Normally the phone does not get answered, you have to leave a voice mail that some times is returned and some times not. Then there are some tech support people that cannot help you. In the past you would call, your call would be quickly answered and your problem was quickly fixed allowing you to move on with your work. Definitely not the case any more. This has been going on for months and months with no improvement noted.

Melissa J.

Declining service in the recent past and recent increases in cost will make us do a good ROI.

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Pros

The functionality of the database and ease of use in finding things on the screens. The ease of creating easy queries is great.

Cons

Letter revisions, customer support is declined. The company has grown too large, taken on too much and forgotten about the client/end user. Fragmented sections of the company that make you call the other section - Symplr needed stuff for peer review and I had to call Cactus to get them. This is not good customer support. Requests to the help desk aren't handled timely. Long time account managers are changed for no apparent reason. All in all, I have gone from a very happy customer to being on the fence about the new organization.

Travis H.

The initiation and install went well, but response to requests after go live have been...

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

We have more flexibility in changing and reporting Provider Data.

Pros

That it can handle a myriad of complexities for provider, group, entity, and facility relationships.

Cons

The reporting capabilities are not intuitive at all. It takes an advanced degree in Crystal to write reports. The import utility is also extremely cumbersome. Mass updating of products and Plans does not allow you to only update certain address types. There are also no workflows or checklists that would track a process for contracting or credentialing. Security roles also don't allow enough control of field level restrictions. It's also very difficult to figure out what field applies to certain screens to limit roles.
I went over the nature of our work with the salesman and he promised me that Vistar could handle it all and I don't feel like we got what we were sold.

Shawna C.

Recent difficulties with getting information - they are having growing pains.

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Pros

Once you understand the make up of it and what it can do, it is great to make the work flow move. Automation of tasks and processes is nice - if you are aware of them and/or are willing to pay for every add on.

Cons

It can be cumbersome - especially if you don't know what it can do. Education on new implementations and features have been little to none lately. Any time there is an enhancement, understanding exactly how to implement it into current work flows is clumsy - sometimes requiring revamp of a lot of things. More clicks per task means more things that can be missed.