Showing 60 reviews of 50

Showing 60 reviews of 50
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Simpplr is Instagram for the workplace

Reviewed on 2019/08/24

I think this app actually improves our culture a great bit. The 5 stars are sincere. In the old days we’d go to the water cooler to get to know our coworkers. Now we’re at the water cooler asking if people have seen that new video on our Hub. So site helps fuel that connection with a virtual water coolers across the company.

Pros

Simpplr is like LinkedIn and Instagram had a baby and that baby insisted on being a business app. I know we’re not supposed to be social at work, but my favorite part is watching videos and photos that employees uploaded. Okay, maybe that isn’t the most productive use of my time but it does draw me to the site and get me to read my CEO’s weekly missives.

Cons

I’d like more emoticons. I’m joking, they actually have many.

• Industry: Chemicals

Just What We Needed

Reviewed on 2020/11/03

Extremely positive. Great implementation team, and a great product that is getting better with every release.

Pros

Simpplr has the perfect mix of features and configurability without being overwhelming. It's easy to train employees to manage and create their own content. Also: it's very flexible from an implementation standpoint, so if at any point you need to pivot on your approach, it's easy to do.

Cons

The Simpplr designed user experience is easy and enjoyable. Every once in a while you have to dip into the Salesforce back-end for user management which is less easy to navigate. It's not often, so not an issue for us, and the security of Salesforce was a big selling point so it really evens out.

Tim S.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Fast, Easy, Intuitive Deployment

Reviewed on 2020/06/19

We could not be happier with the choice we made to select and deploy Simpplr.

Pros

I truly liked how easy it was to not only learn the product but to also be an administrator of it. We had a very short timeline of 6 weeks to design, create and deploy our new Intranet site. The Simpplr team was great to work with. The Simpplr platform makes it easy to deploy new team sites, new content, employees now have the ability to be more socially engaging. Our new Intranet has never been so easy to manage and update. Leveraging the Site Owner and Content Managers has enabled us to distribute the responsibilities to the individual teams.

Cons

The only downside to the tool is the limited functionality of the page creation. It has the basics, but it would be so much better if there were more features and functionality.

Rachel J.

Simpplr is Simple

Reviewed on 2020/11/30

Overall Simpplr has been a great experience from first contact to implementation to launch. I expect that while we continue to build out our intranet that there will be more great things to come.

Pros

Simpplr is just that - SIMPLE to manage and use. The interface is very user-friendly and consistent while still offering a feeling of customization. Anyone can use it, which makes management of the intranet easy as we delegate information to specific departments and let them control their own sites and information without the hassle of a bottleneck.
Working with the Simpplr team has also been fantastic. They are responsive, informed, and invested in your success as a customer. They are available anytime I have a question, or need support.
My other favorite feature are the analytics that are simple to use and understand. Analytics hold the key to understand our audience and keep improving our intranet site.

Cons

There are a couple small glitches with the system that still haven't been worked out. For example, administrators see duplicate sites. There were some problems with the events calendar, and we're hoping to see some new features in the next couple months.

Bekie H.

Community Management Dream

Reviewed on 2021/01/29

Overall, every person that I've interacted with at Simpplr has been incredibly helpful. The sales team, implementation team, and now our customer success manager all seem like they really want us to have a successful community, and are not just trying to pile additional products to up the cost.

Pros

We recently moved our large intranet over from another vendor to the Simpplr platform. What I find the most refreshing about using this platform is that I could quickly tell they put a lot of research into the features they offer. They listen to their customers and respond accordingly to their needs. The system is a breeze to use. Their auto-governance tool is also incredibly helpful in assuring that our community is not a content graveyard, which had been a problem in the past. I've only had to contact their support team a couple of times so far, but I've been really impressed with the speed of response.

Cons

Can't really complain about anything. It's been a great experience so far.

Lynelle R.

Simpplr keeping us together

Reviewed on 2020/07/01

Simpplr has improved our organisational communication and ensures that we have a source of truth within our organisation.

Pros

Simpplr is such a straight forward system that helps our organisation stay connected. As a national organisation dispersed across Australia, staying connected is fundamental to our success. We also have a range of users with varied computer skills so Simpplr's simple interface is accessible and straight forward so everyone can use.

Cons

The feed can move pretty fast in our organisation so keeping on top of content that people should know can take some time. The newsletter feature could be improved.

Intuitive and Engaging

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

To drive engagement, we used Simpplr in place of an event management application. During our event, we discovered Simpplr didn't have all of the capacities of our previous app. The team at Simpplr heard our concerns and within months, launched new features that will allow us to use the app again at our next major event. The enhanced RSVP/Events pages and the new SMS text massaging capability are amazing.

Pros

From day one, our teams loved the homepage news carousel, engaging "twitter-like" feed for everyone to collaborate, and sticky tiles that permanently hold important information, links, social media feeds and video highlights. The individual sites for each group/department allow others to contribute valuable content without hand-holding or extensive training. Our teammates LOVE the mobile app, and the push notifications we send alerting them to important information.

Cons

Nothing. It's great. The consistent improvements address any concerns.

Jan R.

Excellent Employee Engagement Platform

Reviewed on 2020/02/27

It took us a little longer than planned to onboard due to some technology integration we wanted in place prior to launch, but otherwise the experience has been great.

Pros

We are a remote organization and were looking to increase connection and collaboration among our employees and simultaneously for a way to share important information in an alternative form than email. This platform helped us achieve both. It has a social media feel with all the privacy and protection required of an intranet. It is user-friendly and the customer experience with the support team has been great.

Cons

We have a wishlist of a few content formats we would like to see added, but the team has been very receptive to those wishes and has most on the calendar for future versions. All positive feedback so far.

• Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Best Intranet I have used!

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

This Intranet helped me feel like I was a part of a community from Day 1. Everything I needed to know was in there, and I got to know more about everyone in my team thanks to their profile page. I check my Feed every day!

Pros

I loved the user experience as a whole. As I first logged in, the quick tour feature was enough of training to figure it all out. From there, it was very straightforward. The interface feels very modern and as easy to use as my favorite social networks. The search engine was a major help as I got started. Any time I was looking for something I just typed it in the search and either found a post about it or specific files I needed.

Cons

I just wish IT setup access to all of my apps from the launchpad within the interface.

Yvonne gemmell K.
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Simpplr has helped us connect our distributed workforce

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Connecting our diverse and remote workforce, keeping staff informed, easy to create self-service knowledge base, one place to go for all staff information needs. We have been working with the Simpplr team for almost two years and have received amazing support. We have been really pleased with the product.

Pros

We have a very distributed team across 16 offices and with 30% of our employees working from home. Simpplr is great because it allows everyone to find the information they need, helps all employees collaborate on projects, and was easy to implement (we have a very lean IT team).

Chelsea S.

Most organized implementation ever!

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

I work as an internal Project Manager at my company. I support business teams throughout our company with project execution, frequently implementing new applications and working with vendors. Working with Simpplr was, hands down, the best implementation experience I've had. Their plan doesn't miss a step, and made my job so easy. They empower the business to learn and take part in the implementation process, and the implementation team at Simpplr had an answer and supporting resources for every question our team could dream up. As far as implementation goes Simpplr gets it so right and makes it very easy for their customers to set up a great intranet quickly. I'll also add that the application itself is fantastic. It's easy to use and our entire team started using it immediately. We love our new intranet.

Pros

I think the product is intuitive and fun. It's like social media for work. Our staff was easily able to start using and engaging on day one of launch.

Cons

Honestly, it does everything we needed and more. Maybe it's that on day one all the new functionality options can be a bit overwhelming, but even that our implementation team did a great job preparing us for.

Jeremiah T.

An intranet that really engages the employee

Reviewed on 2020/12/15

The implementation team really helped us with our rollout and was very thorough, ensuring we did everything we needed to do for a successful launch. Within two weeks, 94% of our employees had logged onto the new intranet.

Pros

We chose Simpplr for its auto-governance features, search , analytics and easy-to-navigate layout, but we ended up wowed by its "feed" feature that really engages employees and facilitates two-way communication and connection. The feed also makes it easy to make more sophisticated internal communication plans: For instance, after publishing a story you can have leaders or peer influencers share the story to their followers, adding their commentary on top it and encouraging engagement.

Cons

There isn't anything we don't like about it at the moment.

Karen E.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Simpplr platform - easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/11/18

Excellent

Pros

Ease of set up and use. No learning curve.

Cons

Need more formatting functionality when building pages

Teff A.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Wonderful way to connect our company together!

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Our team members are working from multiple locations and often are focused on client projects. We needed a way to share company information that was visual, easy to access and curated what is most important to each person so they can always stay caught up.

Pros

It’s easy to create and manage content in a way that is far more visual and engaging than other systems. It integrates with our other systems and the integration with Box.com makes it simple to share information without duplication. Our teams working in the field have an easy way to get key company information without searching endlessly.

Cons

We use the newsletter feature a lot. It is a great way to curate content and send it out to our team but it isn’t always able to bring the right visuals into email and it can be laborious to create content that is used just for the newsletter.

Samantha A.

Good communication and support!

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

Simpplr has been great for us to have a one stop shop for all of our important information for our employees!

Pros

Simpplr is very intuitive, adding new content and updating existing is very easy and it's a great tool!

Cons

The integration with Google was a little bumpy, as it didn't quite have the capability we needed up front. Also the calendar feature doesn't work as we had hoped.

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Good Corporate Intranet Platform

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

Pros

Simpplr is easy to use. Employees had no issues picking it up. Implementation was straightforward and the Simpplr team walked us through everything step-by-step.

Cons

While there are customizable components of the platform, its general feature set is pretty rigid and standardized.

Shannon Q.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Easy for everyone. Really!

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

In evaluating intranets I knew we needed something that would be easy to administrate in the long run and even more than that we needed a product that was easy for our users. Simpplr has an A+ in my book for both of those.

In addition, working with everyone at Simpplr has been very easy and they are quick to respond.

We rolled out our first three departments in 6 weeks and went live on-time. Simultaneously we started our next round of teams and after only 4 months (since project launch) we have every single department live and every single user has created at least one piece of content. There's no way we could have done this so quickly with another application (I'm looking at you Australia).

There are definitely some quality of life improvements I would like to see Simpplr make but I'll take the ease of use over more advanced features any day.

Pros

Ease of use.
The setup and ongoing administration was the fastest and easiest software implementation I've been part of. On top of that, my users had a single 1 hour hands-on training session and they've been able to create hundreds of content pages without any help from me.

Cons

They don't use their own application for the help portal information.
The support team is great and responds quickly but if you're just trying to look up information on their help site it's a bit tedious. I'd really like to see Simpplr have an Admin Site and a User Site that I could enable in my own environment that has how-to articles and short videos. Instead, right now I have to find the information through the help portal and then copy it into my environment for my users.

Amber G.
  • Industry: Banking

A Modern Intranet Easy to Deploy & Use

Reviewed on 2021/01/29

We had a desire to improve communication throughout the organization. The Simmplr platform has provided us a way to easily and quickly make updates and disseminate them to staff. Plus it's a visually appealing and engaging system that many staff enjoy using.

Pros

We transitioned from an outdated home-grown intranet solution to Simpplr. The two systems are night and day! From a user perspective, Simpplr is modern and easy to navigate. From an admin & content creation perspective, it's intuitive and fast - and you really can't screw things up. Everything is easily adjustable, which makes experimenting with new content and features very easy. We were also able to transition all of our knowledge documents to be hosted on Simpplr, instead of having them on various servers and systems throughout the company. Plus, everything is easily searchable - from PDFs to content pages. It has really enabled a "one-stop shop" for our employees.

Cons

Because it's a 3rd party software, not all of the features are customizable. For example, we couldn't change the name of one of the tabs from "Apps" to "Links" (like our old system had) - so that required a bit of a learning curve at first for our users. We also discovered after launching that in-site search bars are only available to admins or site managers. While users can see the in-site search bar, if they use it, they get no results. It's a minor issue, but still a little odd.

Timothy M.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Top Notch Intranet Platform

Reviewed on 2020/02/28

Overall, we are highly satisfied with the product. It's simple to use and the phone applications are super intuitive.

Pros

Simpplr is easy to setup and administer. The native phone apps helps our users to engage with each other whether they are in the office or out of it. The organizational chart syncing with our HRIS system saves us a ton of time.

Cons

Unfortunately, at this time Simpplr doesn't have native calendars which forced us to find a different solution to our scheduling needs. Also, there is a "not useful" flag that users can use on content posts. It would be nice if that was an optional feature.

Mike F.

Our Company Hub

Reviewed on 2019/10/21

Every company needs a place to store knowledge and receive company information. This one is easier to use and looks cleaner. Before Simpplr, we have various locations for information: Salesforce, Box, Sharepoint, etc. Now we have one place to go with one search across various repositories.

Pros

Simpplr’s intranet, branded the Hub, is a great place to find up to date documents and stay informed on company news. It’s easy to use, responsive, and always up-to-date.

Cons

I wish more of the company could align on this single employee portal. It’s great to have one place for our critical information.

Morgan H.

Great Platform

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

Pros

Having a single source of truth that can easily be shared across teams is a real game-changer for us. It was incredibly easy to create content and to onboard other teams to get theirs uploaded as well. Prior to launching with Simpplr we had business-critical information in a lot of different places, and this tool helped gather everything into one elegant solution.

Cons

Our only real issue was the heavy reliance on images to drive content, as we don't have a huge repository of options for this.

Kevin D.

Happy Customer

Reviewed on 2020/08/07

Pros

Great value for the price and easy to implement and use.

Cons

No real cons from my perspective. Tool is easy to use and easy to implement.

Dan S.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Exactly what we needed!

Reviewed on 2020/11/02

Simpplr has brought a greater sense of cohesion and community to our company, and that was so important in these unusual times.

Pros

We were looking for an easy-to-deploy, modern, graphically-driven intranet solution, and Simpplr was the clear choice. We have been thrilled with our implementation, and the after sales care has been outstanding.

Cons

Would like to see an awards or incentive functionality, and an embedded survey tool.

Mollie N.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Intranet for Employees to Find Each Other

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Before Simpplr, we did not have an intranet and Simpplr has really changed the way we communicate across departments and locations. The org chart and user friendly search feature allows for everyone to be involved and collaborate as a whole team.

Pros

Extremely user friendly & intuitive! The new org chart and bio feature really connects the whole company.

Cons

There has been slow adoption with a few Accounting employees, but that is more of an us issue.