ChARM EHR

Electronic Health Records and Practice Management Software

Charles C.

Very solid value EMR

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

For us, it was a system that would be device agnostic. Charm works on any computer or mobile device with an HTML5 compliant browser.

Pros

Easy to get started. Has a very approachable user interface. Easy learning curve. Always improving. The company listens to customers and incorporates improvements based on feedback. Comparatively very inexpensive. Integrates with labs, erx solutions, and e-commerce solutions.

Cons

Customer Service is offshore and is not "real-time". But they do respond and are usually helpful. It is a trade-off for the pricing of the software. Some design issues in billing involving the integrated billing clearinghouse and downloading ERA's, and real-time eligibility verification requires a workaround to normal practices.

Emily E.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great for solo-solo practice!

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

I am happy with my selection of Charm. I have been using it for 15 months and have worked out the kinks in my processes. As with any EHR, not everything is perfect, but it fulfills my need. And the cost is well worth it!

Pros

I like everything being in one place - office notes, appointments, faxes, documents, patient messages, appointment requests, billing. I went from a totally paper practice to Charm, and could only do so because of the reasonable cost of Charm. I am more organized and can respond to my patients as I should in the electronic era.

Cons

Creating my own templates is time consuming, but I appreciate being able to use templates developed by other practices as well. I wish it came with a virtual assistant!

June A.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Big issue with billing, very difficulty to get responds from the company.

Reviewed on 2021/04/01

EHR was OK. Billing related is nightmare. Poor responds from certain people from company!

Pros

It looks clean, modern looking, more user friendly than my previous one.

Cons

Billing and customer service is a nightmare. I started using Charm Billing back to October 2020. I got a zoom training for about an hour or two, during the training, there was one or two insurance was put into the system. After that, I was told to do it myself. However, I could not login for a long time. Finally, I had to set up another login in order to get into the right place. Until March 2021, I finally was told that the first ERA from the first enrolled insurance company would sync data with CharmEHR. It has been 5 months for one thing to work. Even today, April 1, 2021, I still not get ERA for every insurance enrolled. I has been contacting optum and Charm for discount for the time that billing not totally function. So far, Optum told me it is Charm's issue, and Charm just not respond to this request at all!! When I contacted customer service for anyone who can handle this case, the only thing I got was "sorry", and then no more after, the chat was terminated.
Not accurate patient's due and reports
No emergency help! For customer service, yes, you can email or chat with someone. For email, sometimes take a day or two to get a reply, sometimes take several days to get a reply, not reliable. One day, I found that it took forever to open Charm website on Chrome, but my assistant who use Safari seemed OK. So I switched to Safari for a couple of days. Speed was OK after switch, however, when I edit patient's info, when update phone number, not working. So I switched back

Camille K.

Happy we switched

Reviewed on 2019/12/14

Has solved many problems. Love that it links it all together in one place.

Pros

Ease if use. Everything in one program.

Cons

Glitchy in some areas. Wish there was more practice management options. Customer support is slow.

Kelsi E.

Fly

Reviewed on 2019/12/15

So wonderful genuine staff who are so helpful and positive

Pros

Customizable
Easy
Reports are diverse

Cons

How much time I have to spend on it
Still iron out glitches maybe forever

Heidi W.

Solo DBP practice

Reviewed on 2020/10/23

Charm is easy to use and affordable for my solo practice. It is important to me to be able to create documents, templates, handouts and questionnaires for my practice and Charm makes it easy. I have been able to integrate billing and electronic prescribing. It is visually intuitive and easy to navigate. I am really satisfied and happy with Charm EHR

Pros

Affordable
Functional
Easy
Adaptable
Great patient portal
Questionnaires can self populate with patient information
Templates are easy to create
Reports are helpful

Cons

Customer service is great! But they have limited hours and can sometimes be difficult to get in touch with. That being said they usually respond within 24 hours.

Monica S.

Valuable

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

Excellent

Pros

I have used this product since 2013. The advanced features and the willingness of the company to make changes made based on customer feedback is amazing.

Cons

I don’t like that it can’t be branded with our ligo colors.

Response from MedicalMine

Dear Dr. Saenz, thank you for your kind review. We pride ourselves on incorporating features based on customer feedback-- Glad you experienced the same. Happy that Charm's advanced features are supporting your Emergency Medicine practice!

Kamla J.

Easily customizable software, great for my micro-practice

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Very positive. They have a no-charge version for when you have fewer than 50 patients. I opened a new practice right before the pandemic, so things have been slow. Not having the pressure of meeting yet another start up cost has decreased my stress level and allowed me to explore the different aspects of CharmEMR. Also, the few times I emailed a question, I got clear, quick instructions.

Pros

It is very simple to write your own templates. There are plenty of YouTube videos tutorials on how to use the different aspects of the software.

Cons

It takes some time to get everything organized in your settings for your particular type of practice. It would be nice if there were a starting point of a primary care bundle, or chiropractor bundle, and then you could add and subtract as you got going.
It is also difficult to get the patient to populate parts of their chart ahead of time. I have to manually type in the questionnaire results that my patients fill out ahead of their visits. (It is possible that this is because I am using a no-cost version)

Katrina B.

Excellent Choice My Small Practice

Reviewed on 2016/11/19

I started using ChARM EHR in my practice in July 2014 when I wanted to move away from paper charting. I had worked with hospital-based EHR systems in the past, and I am delighted to report that ChARM EHR has been far more reliable than the previous hospital-systems I used. I love the ability to fax and receive records directly from the system without having to print. Charting, uploading labs, uploading documents, and communicating securely with my clients has all worked well. There have been a few minor bugs along the way, but the company is very responsive to the support reports that I have sent and they are continually making improvements to the system that I love. Some of my clients have had difficulty accessing the online scheduling and filling out the online questionnaires, while most of my clients seem to use these functionalities with no issues at all.

Pros

Online faxing directly in the system
Customization of chart notes and labs
Ease of charting
Reliability
Ease of communicating with clients

• Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Excellent product for patients

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

Pros

I use this software as a patient and think it’s fantastic. I use this product to communicate with a naturopath, and because of the nature of my treatment, there is a lot of information and document sharing. The online patient portal is one of the safest and easiest I have used.

Cons

I say this a lot, but any sort of app would be great—especially for the patient portal.

Shantha I.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Best EHR that I have ever used!

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

We have worked with several EHRs in the past. This EHR had all the features that we were looking for especially for an Integrative Medicine Conciege Practice!
Looking forward to an updated version.

Pros

Ease of use, multi-functionality, very affordable, great patient portal messaging, ability to create templates, share handouts , ability to personalize the app which the patients can access through their smart phones

Cons

E prescription - takes longer time to finish, needs updated ICD 10 codes, wish they had another option for integrated credit card transaction than Blue Fin

1990s style is not ChARMing at all

Reviewed on 2021/01/29

Pros

It appears to have all the features required.

Cons

System is 4 panes arranged horizontally with no way to resize. Messages are displayed in the right-most pane, but on a tablet or phone that pane is squished so you only see a couple characters per line. The website is Buggy, as customers were unable to read messages this week. ChARM isn't responsive to customers, must have authorized contact forward bug reports to ChARM to get them fixed. Also the system does not allow providers to adjust message limits - which is definitely needed during covid lockdowns. There are better solutions out there.

Response from MedicalMine

Thank you for your feedback! We're sorry to hear about your experience. We would love to connect up with you to see if your problems can be corrected. If you're open to discussing this further, please email me, Ranjani at [email protected] We'd greatly appreciate the opportunity to make things right and work toward a smoother experience.

Angelina S.

Solo Practitioners solution

Responsive customer service.

Pros

Automated many functions including online scheduling, email reminders, online payments to reduce administrative burden.

Cons

Right now I don’t have any pertinent cons.

Karen G.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Dietitian who needed a new system.

Reviewed on 2016/09/08

Pros

I like that is is very easy to use and has saved me a great deal of time.

Cons

I wish it had a better appointment reminder system.

Nerissa B.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Love my EHR

Reviewed on 2021/03/15

CHARM has made my life so stress free. I love it and even my families love it. They love the portal and the ease of using it. When COVID hit, I was able to transition seamlessly to Telehealth. The fact that the organization even offered it free for several months to encourage users to use Telehealth was amazing.
I highly recommend this product and have told others about it because it is so easy to use!

Pros

What I love about CHARM is that it is user friendly. I have my own part time private practice and I knew I needed something that I could get up and running quickly, keep me organized and compliant. CHARM is the answer! I never loved EHR systems before I found CHARM. Having tried other packages when I was in academia, everyone gripes about EMR systems. But CHARM "works like a charm!" I could make my templates by dragging and dropping easily, I could make changes if needed easily. I uploaded all my blog handouts to then quickly put in patient portals. SO easy to use! I love the quick text feature. I love the auto populate feature too!

Cons

The only thing are these: 1) in the event that I have a patient whose parents are divorced, they both want and need access to me to send me updates. The portal right now can only accommodate ONE user log on. Sometimes divorced parents do not want to share--which is understandable. 2) Support is not instantaneous. They have a chat but someone is not necessarily on there 24/7 to answer and provide support in real time. I had two instances where I could not get logged in right before a clinic day. Luckily it was fixed in 20 minutes but again It would have been nice to have someone right there responding to my urgent messages knowing it would be handled.

Bianca B.

Great for Physician-Owner in Psychiatry

Reviewed on 2021/02/28

Overall, this product is affordable and easy to use. I can communicate easily with patients from their initial intake, through their ongoing care. One of the greatest benefits is the ability to securely capture and store payment information with pre-existing templates for Superbills. I would chose this EHR again!

Pros

ChARM has served me well in my solo psychiatry private practice. Prior to selecting ChARM, I researched a number of EMR's. I have all of components needed to run a practice - built-in video component (even before pandemic), secure patient communication, billing, payment collection, and e-prescribing. It is easy to use with many YouTube videos available. If/when I expand my practice with other providers, this software can accommodate other providers. This product is also very affordable. My practice is small and growing. At present, my monthly bill is low because I am serving fewer than 50 patients.

Cons

I wish it were easier/more intuitive to integrate lab ordering and tracking. No other cons, I am quite satisfied.

Phyllis R.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

A Practical Approach to Integrating an EHR into a Medical Practice

Reviewed on 2020/10/23

I would definitely purchase this EHR again. It is saving time which is now spent on developing and maintaining our patient base. The recall system has been most helpful. Automating the process for upcoming appointments and lab tests has eliminated a patient from not having the proper screenings prior to the Doctor's appointment. It also keeps the patient from getting 'lost' because a recall wasn't done.

Pros

The software is user friendly. Setup is not difficult. Learning the system is logical. Being able to access the different elements of the Charm EHR helps with training the employees using the system. As they begin to integrate the information about the practice into the Charm EHR their initial orientation reinforces the information they need to complete their tasks. Being able to add different programs is a plus factor. You don't become overwhelmed with too much information at one time. If there are problems support is there to assist where assistance is needed.

Cons

I would like to see Charm use videos with explanations that can be downloaded as slides in order to be able to quickly reference the items being taught. Chatting is fine but when you are interrupted and come back to what you were doing there maybe a lapse of time whereby you are not able to recall exactly what you were suppose to do to resolve the problem. Perhaps U-Tube could be an answer if Charm doesn't have their own site setup. This would be a more user friendly method of learning the EHR.

Melissa T.

Awesome EHR

Reviewed on 2019/12/14

We are very please with charm and have recommended it to three other practices

Pros

We love a lot about this software and how it has optimized our buisness- the calendar is beautiful and the features are very thoughtful.

Cons

We wish you could add a resource to the provider calender and book the room- the kiosk feature does not actually check in patients - and insurance is very not user friendly for patients

Lonna H.

Excellent EMR for Internal and External Efficiency

Reviewed on 2020/09/21

This is been the very best experience across my work with this current business enterprise, and my past extensive experience in other industries. The software is excellent and the support teams are always responsive and willing to go the extra mile

Pros

This software is totally intuitive with seamless integration into many other programs

Cons

I really can't think of anything that we disliked

Nicole A.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Good value for small medical office

Reviewed on 2016/11/21

I've been using Charm for about 1 year and am pretty pleased overall.

Pros

I like the options to customize some templates such. I don't use billing features but it's great that it's included.

Cons

You cannot enter information directly on an invoice. For example, if you want to add a product into an invoice or a service that is out of the ordinary or brand new, you cannot just enter it and have it remain on the invoice. Everything has to be entered in inventory before hand. This is sometimes too time consuming.
Some fields cannot be modified, like vaccines. Most patients do not know details, such as injection date. This if field is required so I enter visit date and then have to make other notes.

Naturopatic D.

ChARM works well for my small practice.

Reviewed on 2016/11/18

I have been using ChARM since about 2013, early in their business. They have been continually updating features and making the interface better. I find it particularly well-suited for my natural medicine practice as I am able to track supplements and medications separately, as well as created customized templates for the types of visits I see. The downside so far is that the customer service response time is quite slow--it is very difficult to get someone on the phone, ever. Usually responses are by email, days or sometimes even weeks later. I have to admit, due to the small size of my practice, I do not pay for the EHR, so perhaps this would be different for larger, practices who are paying customers.

Michael P.

Frustrations from the beginning

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Pros

Touted features sound great, but the implementation needs work. Cost is reasonable. I like the idea of the Kiosk, but the app was thrown together.

Cons

1. Customer service is on the West Coast and they do not pick up until 12:00EST
1.5 Actual team that fixes problems is in India so NOTHING GETS FIXED until the next day!
2. Customer Service rep needs to find another line of work, he does not do well with customer service.
3. Every day there are new challenges with the software. Today, all of our patients disappeared for the day, yesterday, we could not get into and view the schedule. Lets see what tomorrow brings.
4. No higher-ups we can discuss issues and the aforementioned frustrations!

Karen A.

SUPERVISING PHYSICIAN COMMENTS

Reviewed on 2017/11/27

Pros

FLOW OF INFORMATION IN THE CHART. I LIKE THE EASE OF ACCESSING PATIENT CHARTS AND BEING ABLE TO SEND MESSAGES TO MY NURSE PRACTITIONERS.

Cons

THIS SYSTEM MAY NEED MORE DETAILED TABS FOR A FAMILY MEDICINE PRACTICE TO DELINEATE INFORMATION SPECIFICALLY FOR MEANINGFUL USE.

Andy K.

Charm

Reviewed on 2019/12/15

Pros

Documentation and support. Nice to see such attention to detail.

Cons

None. We are currently integrating with charm health.

Cindy T.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Charm EHR review

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Pros

Has many features that other EHRs do not have such as open library shared amongst all users; it is completely customizeable for templates; versatile

Cons

Pay for extra services; image annotation isn't multipurpose; the app cannot be used for comprehensive visits