SplitAbility

Point of sale solution for restaurants and cafes

4,7
Mario G.

Best Restaurant / Bar / Cafe POS System by far

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/01/23

IIn my 30 year’s experience as Owner/Chef/Manager of 4 restaurants, I have found this app Splitabilty and its company to be hands down the best Restaurant/Bar POS system I have ever used. After years of frustration with expansive unreliable and bad customer service systems, I have found Splitability to be extremely helpful and available, right from the word go. I have been able to customise the Splitability App to suit my restaurant and we currently run 4 x touchscreens, one office computer and about 10 tablets on a daily basis without and difficulties. I found the initial setting up easy because it uses Google spreadsheets, the cutting pasting tool, reverse editing and the safety of data makes the POS and menu customising simple and quick. I remember I had the whole system up and going in one day.

Pros

Its an App, so you can use your own hardware (Mobile phone, computers, touchscreens, Tablets) Making it very affordable to run and setup as its completely wireless. They have a free trial period and then a very affordable monthly charge which has unlimited use access and devises. As long as you have WiFi your good to go, you can access your POS, check-up on orders and make changes anywhere. Menu customising quite simple. Splitting bills is very easy for front of house.

Cons

I really cant think of anything, during the process on integration into my restaurant/bar I had a few ideas that I though would make the system more user friendly, I told them about my ideas and they actually upgraded the system with some of my ideas. Outstanding!

Response from Splitability

Thanks for the review Mario, it's a pleasure to be working with you! Casa Mia Restaurant is a glowing example of how hospitality businesses can adopt new ideas and streamline their processes. The updates to SplitAbility POS based on your suggestions have helped the product no end.

Jenny P.

Very smart app

Reviewed on 2017/07/01

not very expensive ,,
no money wasted on docket books
cash or card payments very clearly shown up
check on my phone how was my day if im not there ...

Pros

the good thing about this app is its very easy to use .... very less chance of taking wrong orders and you can use it in your i pad or phone ...dont need docket books anymore very handy....

Cons

only last thing in printing section after update the menu ....little hard but every thing else is pretty easy to update...

Response from Splitability

Thanks for the review Jenny. Time flies, it's been 4 years since Cumin Kitchen started using SplitAbility POS. Great to have you as a long term client.
To make updating the print categories easier, just cut and paste the old settings in, then edit the new ones before saving.

Peter H.

KL Kitchen Restaurant - SplitAbility POS

Reviewed on 2016/09/18

I really liked the fact that there was minimal upfront cost and that it is hardware agnostic. It will work in virtually any browser, with no special software requirements.

Pros

I like the fact that all our data is stored on our own Google Drive and that no third party has access to any of our data. Access is controlled only by a token.

Cons

Setting up and editing settings is a little bit difficult, it is not very intuitive.

Response from Splitability

Thanks for the review Peter. We enjoy those Skype conversations from Potts Point in Sydney. We tweet all of our software updates as well as posting them on our Facebook page.

Alex R.

A Fantastic Restaurant POS!

Reviewed on 2014/11/10

We have been using SplitAbility POS at Le Classic French Restaurant Coorparoo for over 2 years and it's simply fantastic! After researching many different POS systems, SplitAbility was the clear stand out.

We use one main POS screen (Windows based computer) at the counter and four Android tablets to do table side ordering. We have two printers, one on the counter and one in the kitchen that devices send to wirelessly with categories directed automatically to the right printer.

There is no limit to the number of tablets that we can use, during high demand periods I use my iPhone to take and send orders. We set privilege levels for staff and update menus regularly; all devices are updated centrally with a single push button.

SplitAbility POS is fast and reliable and has many back office features, reporting, customer loyalty, inventory and staff time management. The support is excellent and product development is ongoing.

We highly recommend SplitAbility POS. Please feel free to call or visit us to see this system in operation.

Alex - LeClassic French Restaurant
2013 R&C QLD European Restaurant of the Year

Henry S.

Good value for start-up

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

It's a good value for the software. What appealed to us is that it doesn't have a start-up cost, no lock-in contract, and quite easy to setup. The functionality is quite basic, such as the reporting. However you'll be able to access the google drive and copy those data and manually create your own report. Customer support is also good, they reply promptly. Overall, it's a good option for a start-up business and potentially more.

Pros

No lock-in contract, no up-front cost,

Cons

I need to manually do my own report by manipulating the google drive documents.

Response from Splitability

Thanks for the feedback Henry. Further reporting capabilities have recently been rolled out with more to follow. e.g. We now have best sellers, inventory count and max/min levels all on a single click. The full transaction journal shall remain for those who wish to generate customized reports. Templates can be saved and applied to any date range. For more detail see the "POS/Reports" section.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Brianna D.

Our customers were satisfied and therefore so were we ^_^

Reviewed on 2017/08/19

Pros

We had 800+ regulars saved in our system. Customers loyalty points were saved under their 'regular profile' and you could also save their regular order too. Customers were in and out faster and most satisfied with the fast, efficient service we provided.
As the software was also online based, this meant that you could also use the POS system on your phones. We did this many a time when out internet crashed or our ipad was not charging correctly.
I was able to access all of the daily past reports on my Gmail account, this was most helpful when doing the daily reports, profit and loss and necessary paperwork.

Cons

We would of liked for the reports to be a little more detailed eg, showing the most popular and least popular items sold, most and least busiest time of the day and comparisons between days/months/years. You can still find all of this information in the reports but it must be worked out manually.

Response from Splitability

Thanks for the feedback Brianna, it's important for potential clients to hear from businesses like Cafe Urban on ways the system is being used. Especially how the system can operate on the phone network if there is no Internet connection. Best selling items are now listed in the Inventory management section. We'll take note of the built-in reporting request and add it to the development schedule. Once again we appreciate the time you've taken to do this review.

Aajan T.

Labiak Restaurant - Kabul Afghanistan

Reviewed on 2017/03/05

My name is Mohammad Aajan Toorialay, I own and operate the Labiak Restaurant in Kabul Afghanistan and have been using SplitAbility POS for over a year.
There are many restaurants in Kabul selling local and other foods, most are managed in a local and traditional way and can waste time and money.
We decided to use SplitAbility POS in my restaurant because of its many advantages.
We have been able to reduce the number of staff required to operate the restaurant which spreads over 3 floor levels. It is able to operate on any mobile tablet device and saves us time placing orders. The orders are sent directly to the required kitchen section for preparation without the need to write or transport the tickets.
Our local staff find it easy to pick up and use.
You do not need to be in the restaurant to control you tables or counter. The reports come automatically and you can see your tables from anywhere you want.
We are very happy with the online support service provided, any time you have problems just call and it will be solved in seconds.
I highly recommend SplitAbility Point of Sale for use in busy restaurants.

Pros

Ease of use.
Works on any device.
Unlimited tablets.
Great support.

Response from Splitability

Thanks for the review Aajan. It's great to be working with you. We're proud to be operating in Kabul, it highlights how our system can be used remotely and in any geographic location.

Paul R.

Excellent product with support that is second to none

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

Pros

Easy to use, implement and modify. Highly customisable to suit your specific needs. The most outstanding aspect of using Splitability is the unrivaled support from rep. He is highly responsive and listens to feedback to continue to develop a superior product. Strongly recommend this product to anyone in hospitality.

Cons

Would like to see more reporting options from the product itself especially for periods greater than the trading period to close off - at the moment majority of reporting is done through the end of trade period spreadsheets. Rep has this in his work stream and look forward to seeing this to make an ever better package

Response from Splitability

Thanks for the review Paul, your phone calls and emails have resulted in many improvements to the product especially the Kitchen Display System and "fast.cafe". A "Master" report is on the way to enable unlimited reporting periods.

Zac G.
Industry: Hospitality

A system so easy to use a child could set it up

Reviewed on 2017/11/24

Pros

Being able to use your pos through any tablet/phone via web browser is brilliant. Also being able to update your menus via google drive any where you are is also fantastic. If you ever have any problems, customer support is just a phone call away and extremely helpful with guiding you through the software. There was not one time where they didn't pick up and wasn't able to fix my problem within 5 minutes.

Cons

The reporting side of this software is not very high powered and requires you to manually create your graphs and spreadsheets.

Response from Splitability

Thanks for the positive review Zac, great to hear Happy Valley Hotel in Ovens is doing so well, as it was one of the first hotels to start using SplitAbility POS for their bar. The product is evolving at a rapid pace with improvements to reporting continuously rolling out.

Clive D.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Burger shop - Point of sale

Reviewed on 2020/05/23

Very responsive customer service.

Pros

After looking at a number of POS systems, Splitability was the easiest to set up and run our burger restaurant

Cons

I am happy with the functionality of the software.

Response from Splitability

Thanks for the review Clive. Love working with Happy Belly Burgers! Your feedback on the product is highly regarded and helps us set our development priorities and the product road map. We look forward to supporting you in the future as we look to add more integrated apps. Have you got a secret ingredient in those burgers? With a Google rating of 4.9 stars over 145 reviews they must taste amazing!

Emily K.
Industry: Restaurants

Very easy to customize and set up

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

Pros

The fact that it's very easy to manipulate the back end.

Cons

It is not a fast system for some reason. We find change users and adding position numbers a challenge.

Response from Splitability

Thanks for your feedback Emily. It's been five years since Maximilian's started using SplitAbility Point of Sale so there are lot's of new features in the product. To add position numbers quickly, use the "+" button under "Check", single or repeated tap adds seat positions. To switch users faster, simply reduce the number of key strokes for hot locking. You can reduce it to a single key stroke if you like.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Nicholas K.
Industry: Hospitality

Very good software and very easy to manipulate

Reviewed on 2019/02/28

Pros

Its very easy to use, and very easily to manipulate to suit your business and purposes

Cons

Couldn't link the point of sale properly to our commonwealth bank card payment system

Response from Splitability

Thanks for the review Nicholas, a pleasure to work with Aristo cafe. We now link with the Commonwealth bank card payment system, for details go to our web site under "Payment Services" - "CBA Albert" or just search "SplitAbility Commbank". There's also a number of video showing the CBA Albert in both Master and Slave operation.

Cassie L.

Great company,

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

Pros

It always has new options added which is great. Support by the Compnay, had this system for 3 years never had a problem.

Cons

Little hard to use at the beginning but stick with it as once you learn it's easy to find your way around

Response from Splitability

Thanks for the review Cassie, we value feedback from our long term clients as new clients hold this in high regard.

Chorfa P.

Multi platform use easy to use and extremely fast

Reviewed on 2016/03/16

Pros
Fantastic Service and easy to work with company.
Great to have maps attached to delivery address quick look up.
Everything backed up to google drive easy to use with bookkeeping
Cons
Receipt font not able to adjust, older staff have hard time reading the ticket
Printers are to expensive however work at incredible speeds

Response from Splitability

Thanks Chorfa,

We've added adjustable print fonts to the development schedule. To be included here as they become available:

We appreciate your feedback; it drives product development.

Ross Orr
Founder / Developer
SplitAbility Point of Sale

Cindy M.

Feedback needed

Reviewed on 2016/10/29

I am the owner of a café that is using splitability. I find the system very good & reasonably priced. I have one main screen on the front counter. It is an ipad but it doesn't fit everything on the screen & so I have to keep flicking to different screens when putting an order in. I first bought an android screen but it wasn't very compatible as it made the tabs very small. If anyone can tell me a good screen for front of house that will fit a lot on it without flicking to lots of different screens I would love to here from you. As it is now it takes too long to put an order through & this makes customers wait longer.

Response from Splitability

Thanks for the review and feedback Cindy. There are a lot of users using Android devices, but be sure to test any device to ensure it gives smooth operation. As a general rule, the faster processors in higher end devices work better.

Larger screen sizes enable you to display more items and minimize screen flipping. There are lots of options but I would recommend an all in one touch screen PC, e.g. A 17" touchscreen gives a lot more screen area than an iPad and doesn't cost that much more. There are videos on our site that show these screens in operation.

All registered users have 24/7 phone support, so feel free to call and discuss.

Great service, the team are always happy to help

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

Training for our staff has been easy, the program is very user friendly and great sized buttons for ease of vision and access. Updating of menu items is so easy no problems at all and the trainees have been able to do this with no hassles. Able to itemise each thing on the menu and then the drop down lists are great.

Cons

Having to clear a sale prior to starting a new sale is a little painful. On the iPad sometimes need to make the screen bigger or smaller due to the font. This could be an Apple issue not the software but thought I would mention it.

Response from Splitability

Thanks for the review Donna. There are auto clearing options in Settings - Admin - Ordering Modes. Options include "Manual", "Auto on Paid" and "Auto on Paid and Served". If you are printing kitchen dockets then it's best to use "Auto on Paid". Clients that use the built in KDS (Kitchen Display System) typically use "Auto on Paid and Served". For more details on this just search "SplitAbility Ordering Modes".

Jose J.
Industry: Restaurants

Very comprehensive system at a great price!

Reviewed on 2020/01/22

Lightning Fast and Super Easy!

Pros

What do you like most about the product:
Love that it's one fixed price and includes lots of builtin features.
Table management with the ability to transfer orders between tables.
Inventory count works automatically, no setup required.
Live dashboard that has daily, weekly, monthly and yearly charts.
Menus are just on-line spreadsheets that can be changed and uploaded remotely.
Support is always available 24/7 and you speak with a system expert.

Cons

Does not work with older docket printers.

Response from Splitability

Thanks for the great review Jose! Good to hear that SplitAbility POS works well with your Malaysian & Chinese restaurant in the NT. Unfortunately the older docket printers don't support category splitting, print routing and printing from multiple devices of different type but we are constantly adding new features to the product so keep an eye out for them.

Nicola S.

Simple and cost Effective

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

Pros

I love the saving in cost with the ability for the staff to use the phone for access to split ability
The monthly subscription cost
The ease of use

Cons

The functionality and reporting could be improved

Response from Splitability

Thanks for the review Nicola. Especially for noting SplitAbility POS can be used on all devices including staff mobile phones. We have added a video of your restaurant to our site showing staff using their mobile devices to send orders directly to the built-in Kitchen Display System. Check out the new dashboard feature, it includes charts for hourly, daily, monthly and yearly sales with a custom date range calendar.

Dan N.

Perfect Pizza POS

Reviewed on 2016/04/27

We use SplitAbility Point of Sale in our Pizza & Pasta Take away restaurant.
The system is fast, easy to use, and has lots of features that help our business operate smoothly.

A Great POS System!

Dan & Sharleen
Perfecto Pizza n Pasta
13 Eastern Rd Browns Plains
QLD

Response from Splitability

Thanks Guys, We appreciate your feedback and enjoy working with you. Fantastic Pizza!
SplitAbility POS Team

Vicki K.

Best POS I've ever used

Reviewed on 2017/02/02

Splitability was so easy to setup and use in my cafe. With menu items changing all the time, it was super quick to keep on top of it. Training new staff took very little time as the layout was organised and the simplicity of the system meant less time in the back end as well. Highly recommended.

Response from Splitability

Thanks for the review Vicki. It has been a pleasure working with you.