GiveSmart

Mobile bidding and event management software for fundraisers

4,5
4,4
4,3
4,4
4,6
Jill M.

Best Investment Ever

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

I have nothing negative to say about this company, the platform or their employees, everyone I have had contact with has been more than helpful. The software is easy to use, but if you do have questions, the chat, email or phone availability of someone who can help you is amazing. They are prompt and efficient, which helps you to complete the task at hand and move on the next thing on your lsit!

Pros

What I like MOST about this software is the fact that people can participate in our auction from anywhere!!

Cons

HHHmmmm......the first year, the uploading process of the auction items was a bear, but they upgraded the software and since then it is SUPER user friendly!!!

Kristin C.

The Best Choice

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

From beginning to end, my experience with GiveSmart was outstanding. I have recommended them to a number of other nonprofits. We will definitely continue to use them. They will do everything they can to make your event a success!

Pros

I was very nervous about setting this up for the first time. I'm a one-person development office, and I'm not extremely technology-savvy. But once I started, it was so intuitive that it practically told me what to do. And when I ran into something I needed help with, the tutorials were great, and if I still needed help, the customer support reps responded very quickly with exactly what I needed. There was no down time!
It's also easy for our donors to use for bidding on our gala auction. We have received many compliments about that, so much so that we're using the software again on another fundraising program.
The reports available to me during and after the event have been unbelievably helpful. There was no time lag waiting for results. I could watch the action results real time on my computer and send out appropriate messages.
The software works seamlessly with Excel.
There are great resources on their website from other organizations about how they used GiveSmart for their events. These were extremely helpful when we had to pivot from a live event to an online event. They took me from fear to excitement!

Cons

I wish I had set up our site earlier. I would have been able to use it for ticket purchases, sponsors and auction donations. I will next time!

Lillian V.
Industry: Museums & Institutions

First-time mobile bidding user

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Online technical troubleshooting is minimal and mostly limited to references to existing articles. Introduction to our on-site event lead was too late, and staff/volunteer training was therefore delayed. More pre-event communication and training with our direct event lead would have been helpful. The customer service provided by GiveSmart staff at registration was poor according to guest feedback. There was little effort in trying to understand the purpose and scope of our event and our intentions in how to use GiveSmart to facilitate our vision. Many guests had trouble with mobile bidding, but did not receive adequate support from GS staff. We instructed on-site GS staff about specific check-in procedures that were ignored; GS staff had pressured guests to provide credit cards despite our instructions.

Pros

Relatively easy bidding, data readily available for auction items, ability to import registrant data with custom fields

Cons

Page customization is relatively inflexible given our organization's needs. Any changes to auction item description input and packaging is tedious given that you have to un-package items to make more extensive changes to individual items. The donor recognition is automated so it's prone to errors. Auction item restrictions are not readily visible on the mobile site for bidders. Item photos can't be saved from the platform. Item certificate and acknowledgment letter formatting is inflexible and flawed. Funds to account are not easily distinguishable between auction and donation, which does not help our accounting.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Beth D.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: Self Employed

Great resource and awesome personnel

Reviewed on 2020/10/18

The personnel and platform are excellent and make my job so much easier!

Pros

Givesmart is so easy to use and allows us to run different types of fundraising events. The more I use it, the easier it becomes, and I find myself thinking about new ways to use this platform.

Cons

The financial reporting can be a bit confusing but as I use it more, and with the assistance of Givesmart, I am able to navigate much better.

Mindee R.

Virtual Auction Support & Success

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

Pros

GiveSmart allows you to retain auction item and participant information from year to year, saving significant time on data entry.

Cons

The label printing functionality needs to be expanded/further developed.

Matt B.

GiveSmart is great

Fantastic. Highly recommended.

Pros

Fantastic customer service. Like, seriously, the best. Better than any other vendor we use. The product is loaded with features, most of which we take advantage of -- auction items, auction packages, raffle tickets, event tickets, paddle raises, donations, users, registrants, etc. It's very intuitive to use; not difficult to set up a new event; very thorough and reporting capabilities; easy to process credit cards and receive payments...

Cons

The visual design is a bit bland. Could be more pretty.

Bettyjo F.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

GiveSmart helped us to Pivot!

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/10/19

Our overall experience with GiveSmart was amazing. It was what helped us raise money right when the pandemic lockdown had started. We chose GiveSmart because of the good reviews and one other person we knew having used this product giving a good review. We had to make a decision quickly and chose GiveSmart and it was the best decision! I have referred several nonprofit organizations to this product.

Pros

GiveSmart is user friendly. We had approximately a month before our annual auction and we were able to pivot from a live event to a virtual event DIY style.

Cons

There were a couple of features that we would have liked to see; a customizable graphic that counts our "paddle raise" (which in our organization is a reverse auction), and being able to highlight our larger sponsors (give them more visibility for their sponsorship)

Charlotte L.
Industry: Veterinary

Creat Experience

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/10/13

It was a much better program than our previous auction software. And the customer service is top notch! They even went above and beyond this summer with a webinar series that helped us share best practices across the country.

Pros

It is very easy to use, both on the admin side and for the users. It was very easy to customize on the back-end.

Cons

There are some glitches in entering donation items and I had some photos disappear after loading them, but they were minimal.

Brittany P.

Great Platform for Event Registration and Silent Auction

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

very positive. I especially like that they highlight other clients events and work so you can see possibilities on other / different types event you can utilize platform for. Always thinking about how non profits can utilize the system for their advantage . Always developing the system to be better

Pros

Very customizable
Easy to set up
Customer support very accessible

Cons

not able to integrate with the CRM we use

Joanna D.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Good product for basic fundraising

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Givesmart has helped us to run virtual events and campaigns more smoothly. The reports allow for very easy access to attendees and donors.

Pros

The Givesmart platform is fairly easy to use and intuitive. Customer service is very responsive to questions.

Cons

I wish there was more options for customizing text and layout within the pages. Adding photos takes a lot of playing with as they look different live than on the admin side. Also, the photo size limit is challenging. More customization of donation pages would be helpful as well as adjusting sizes of the pages.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Nathalie D.

JBWS GiveSmart Review

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

Our experience with GiveSmart has been extremely positive and I would (and do) recommend them to others. I would like to see more proactive information from GiveSmart for event planning in our new virtual world - the competition is in my email daily with free webinars and informative tips.

Pros

Indefinite access to past campaigns
Reports and analysis
Attractive event website
Ease of use by participants (in most cases)
Ease of uploading items (in most cases except for raffle items)
Excellent support

Cons

- Inability to stratify sponsors - We have 5 tiers of sponsors but are limited to only standard & premium categories. Would be optimal to highlight them at their exact levels, especially title and top tier sponsors.
- Inability to bulk upload raffle items.
- Inability to bulk upload images.
- Inability to reorder campaigns on the Campaign page. All our 2021 events appear first - I'd like to view active/current campaigns first.
- Inability to copy an individual item from one campaign to another.
- No log of sent text/e-mail blast messages.
- Item title character limit is too short.
- The term "User" for event participants/donors is confusing - they should be titled as participants/donors in their own category. It's confusing when every GiveSmart staffer who provided help is included in the list of event participants and donors.
- If you are on the dashboard page of a specific campaign and want to get back to the main Campaign page, you have to click on your name in the top right corner. When you click on this, it gives you the options of Profile, GiveSmart Events, JBWS, Logout. "GiveSmart Events" is the intuitive choice but you have to click on the name of your organization (which for us is JBWS) to get back to the Campaign page.
- Please add an option for guests to choose to be invoiced for donations. We have many donors give through foundations that need an invoice for the donation to be processed. We need to let them give through GS without our manual intervention.

Amanda S.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great for in-person events, still working out the virtual event kinks

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Overall, I would recommend GiveSmart, especially as I know they will continue developing their software to provide better solutions for virtual events. It is really easy to set up your site and auction, and once users are in it is easy for them to use as well. The account managers are really fantastic and willing to help you through any questions or customizations you want to try. Unfortunately, in a virtual setting, it seems less risky to run the site and auction yourself on the day of the event. I appreciate their display, reporting and communication options.

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use from the administrative side. I like how easy it is to upload and edit auction items and do small customizations to the page to display information and even things like sponsor logos. The display for a live fundraising appeal with all the names and real-time amounts is great. I like being able to send texts very quickly. The reporting function is amazing. There are so many different types of reports to really be able to analyze the data. I like being able to livestream a youtube video with the presentation view. The customer support team is fantastic. I am excited to use the new Champions feature for peer-to-peer fundraising.

Cons

The switch to virtual events has created some kinks that need to be worked out. Whereas they typically were registered ahead of time by us as being on the guest list, or could register at the door, in a virtual setting they had issues registering themselves, especially if they were trying to register for a second event. It is not very intuitive to sign in if you forgot your password. I wish that you could customize the fonts and the order in which ads are displayed. I also would like to be able to send an email through Givesmart that would show up as coming from me so it would be less likely to be missed by event attendees. While the support team is fantastic, the on-site/day-of specialists can be hit or miss in their effectiveness.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Richelle B.
Industry: Fund-Raising

501 Auction to GiveSmart

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

I have used 501 auctions for a few years until GiveSmart took over. This is our first year working with the new company since the change and so far we have had a good experience. We assigned one staff member for all of our events, so it is great to have the same person so they are able to get the feel of the organization and the population we work with. Rather than having a new GiveSmart team member every time.

Pros

A pro of GiveSmart is the flexibility of being able to have several different campaigns for all the different events you are hosting. We have 4-5 events a year with silent/live auctions for each so this is a great way to use online bidding for each event. With the online bidding we are able to widen our reach to individuals who do not attend the event . We have seen an increase in money raised from silent and live auction with this feature. This also takes away the annoying bidder sheets and having to text/email winning bidders. The system will automatically send them a text that they have won an item and provide the item number. Another great feature is you can customized tests that goes out to bidders and attendees. This is a great way to keep your guest up to date with auction information and send text to encourage them to donate.

Cons

One con is you can not batch checkout any accounts that are 1,000 or more. A good portion of our guests usually donate/bid over 1,000 at our bigger events of 300+. This is going to be time consuming to checkout all of these individuals. It would be helpful to select the amount for each event since the giving culture at each event varies.

Brian K.
Industry: Education Management

The best campaign based fundraising tool on the market!

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Overall, we were very happy with our decision to move forward with GiveSmart. We recently renewed and extended our initial agreement for an extra two years.

Pros

The flexibility and detail that is offered with in the GiveSmart interface to admins is truly custom. We were able to set up our auction event and run multiple raffles, instant buys, and silent auctions along with our oral auction. The seating/reservations module was an amazing addition to the transparency and planning of our event. In the end, the team support from Givesmart made this transition and the overall event set up so easy.

Cons

The donor receipts are one per item and are not very custom or adaptive. This created additional work that should be captured in the software package.

Allison P.

Excellent customer service and product was perfect for our 250 person fundraiser!

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Streamlined auction process before, during and after event. We went "paperless" and didn't have to fuss with paper bidding forms and associated headaches. We raised more than $10,000 more than we ever raised before using an online bidding system. We look forward to using again next year!

Pros

Very easy to navigate the dashboard to build fundraising website and to upload pictures and descriptions of auction items. Bidders loved how easy it was to register for the silent auction, and we benefitted greatly from launching the website and opening the auction prior to the event. There were many easy tutorials for our volunteers to watch so that they could get comfortable with the online bidding system, and they were well equipped to handle questions from guests. We benefitted greatly from having an onsite specialist with us at the event. She was extremely professional, smart, highly capable and knowledgeable about the software, and she worked nimbly and confidently throughout the night to answer any questions and even offered suggestions that contributed significantly to the success of our auction - and on top of that, she was very enjoyable to be with! After the event, we were able to easily close our books and to process all payments (a significant improvement from many years of dealing with cash and checks and tracking down payments) and to run reports providing incredible data for us to review and learn from.

Cons

I cannot think of anything to improve this software. It was perfect for our event - simple to use and very geared toward serving a volunteer-based event!

Jessica S.

GiveSmart Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

Boys & Girls Clubs of Larimer County uses GiveSmart frequently for events and other giving campaigns. It is super easy to set up campaigns and run them yourself. The GiveSmart staff is incredibly helpful on event days.

Pros

User friendly
Clean, presentable look
Unlimited events

Cons

Setting up new users with passwords tends to be difficult for us

Amazing event support

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

GiveSmart provides much needed day of event support as well as an easy to use interface for auction bidding. Reporting has helped ease the closeout process and assure everyone receives their items and we receive payment. They send continuous follow-up to donors for payment post event. You also have access to crowdfunding for 6 months after your event has ended.

Pros

Easily create auction website to link to your website. Bidders receive texts when they have been outbidded. You are able to create endless silent and live auction items for your page. Event support is so responsive and you are able to customize your support needs for in state and out of state events. Their team arrive to your event with ipads to complete donor bidder profiles on site. They will come to your booth in exhibit hall and encourage people to register for bidding. They are super friendly and outgoing and are great as live auction spotters. They raise far more than their cost and double our giving. You are able to even enter in different pledge amounts as donation items on the auction site.

Cons

They are a little costly however it's worth it for a smooth, successful event. I do wish the website was a little more attractive and grouped the silent and live items together. The items appear kind of small and cramped together.

Jessica G.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

The best product I have found in the online event fundraising market

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

I've worked with GiveSmart for many years -- from the time they were Auctions By Cellular, Gesture and now GiveSmart. I have also worked with competitors and GiveSmart is the best product on the market due to their easy-to-use platform, staff support throughout the event planning process, and their onsite staff teams.

Pros

GiveSmart has excellent staff support and they are always quick to respond to questions, timely with email responses, and most importantly their onsite staff is excellent.

Cons

Not a great platform for live auctions - still not good enough to substitute for an "old fashioned" paddle raise. Lack of customization (font size, spacing around images, content) opportunities for the auction displays.

Brandi G.

Perfect Addition to Our Events

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

We looked around for awhile at a lot of different products before we settled on GiveSmart. Ultimately this one provided everything we needed with the perfect value for our money. So glad I found it!

Pros

Very user friendly, all of the features we were looking for in a software program.

Cons

There are certain things we cannot change/update ourselves. We have to contact support and have them do it.

David W.
Company size: Self Employed

VERY PLEASED AFTER 10 YEARS

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

I have used since the early days of the company (ABC) for several different nonprofits I ran. The ease of use and customer support has been terrific and is THE main reason I come back year after year.

Pros

Ease of use. Intuitive. GREAT support. Love the addition of the "Champion" fundraising option

Cons

It is a little costly but still in line with other "similar" software

Tara M.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great resource for virtual fundraising

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

GiveSmart has been a great resource for our online fundraising. We used the platform prior to the pandemic, and have increased our usage since. With endless access to the platform during the subscription period, we are able to come up with unique ways to fundraise and know the platform will help make them happen.

Pros

GiveSmart is fairly intuitive and easy to use. There are a lot of guides that are easy to follow. The GiveSmart team has been very helpful in assisting our organization transition to virtual fundraising during the pandemic. GiveSmart has offered numerous webinars filled with tips regarding virtual fundraising. We love being able to customize many aspects of the platform to fit our fundraising needs and like that we have endless possibilities and uses for the platform. We are grateful for the ease of pulling comprehensive reports. This allows to easily and accurately move the data into our data collection system.

Cons

Be sure to read and understand each feature and ask questions if something is not clear. We had an issue thinking that a feature on the auction meant one thing, but in reality it meant something totally different. The GiveSmart team was able to help us easily remedy the problem the miscommunication created on our end.

Maggie B.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great product and support team!

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

We started using GiveSmart in 2016, and we see no reason to go with a competitor. We have been very pleased with our overall experience.

Pros

This software is easy to implement for our annual Gala fundraising and auction.
The support team is always very responsive if we have questions, and the platform is easy to use for our attendees. The back-end reporting is also very easy to run. We always have several GiveSmart reps help at our event, and they have always been professional, capable, and helpful.

Cons

We'd like to see some sort of real time thermometer incorporated to help track our progress during the event. Other software alternatives seem to have this capability.

Kenneth M.
Industry: Military

HIGHLY satisfied customer for over 5 years now. Amazing customer support!

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Nearly full event management by using this software.

Pros

Easy to use, customize and edit and update. Features offered have improved each year we have contracted with Givesmart. "One stop shopping" for event and auction management. We have utilized more features each year. What started as just utilizing auction management capability with limited effort into making the online auction site attractive has evolved to guest ticketing, table assignments, a highly customized auction site that reflects the event theme and with real time auction progress and bids scrolling on large screen ad televisions throughout the event venue to increase people's competitive bidding nature. After action information has been vital to determining what auction items had the most interests and highest profit margin. Has enabled us to better focus solicitation efforts for the next year.

Cons

Really very few cons for the software. Only limitation observed was limited printing options for auction item description for printing on card stock. There needs to be several options for the size and information/photo of the descriptive card tents.

Bettie S.

Fundraiser Support

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

Easy input of our items & images, because of the Excel sheets provided. Really happy with the reports available.

Pros

We have used GiveSmart for almost 3 years. Everyone I have been in contact with has been helpful, will go that extra step to make sure I understand. I'm including the Resource area, I have used it several times and if I need more help I use chat. We usually have a large Fundraiser set up each year with Sponsor Recognition, Silent & Live Auctions and we have GiveSmart provide us with 6 GiveSmart support. They help with Registration and Checkout, which makes the fundraiser very streamline.
This year is different, we have had two Virtual Fundraisers, which was a very quick transition for us. GiveSmart was a great help and the first one was a great success and we are currently doing the second one now and so far no problems.

Cons

The only problem is that we do not have an easy connection between GiveSmart & our accounting system. Our Treasurer has trouble with what she receives from GiveSmart.

Janice C.

Give Smart for Non Profit Gala

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

The past two years have been a good experience with Give Smart. The support team and the Customer Service Teams are professional and extremely helpful.

Pros

The software based on our users feedback is easy to use. Once someone is registered they appreciate their data remains in the system. We did a virtual gala this year, and with help from the Give Smart team, we were able to set up our entire gala on Give Smart with not alot of effort. The mobile bidding is easy for users for our silent auction and this year being virtual for our "live" auction as well.

Cons

We feel that some features could be improved. One is when adding sponsors even though there are two categories, premium and standard, if you add a premium sponsor after adding other sponsors they show up in random orders. It would be helpful if once you added the sponsors you could drag and drop them in the order you would like them, especially since most sponsorships are based on a dollar range. On the global settings screen and the home page there should be more flexibility with fonts and ability to add additional items not just the specific ones that are there like location and date and time.