tawk.to

Write a Review!
Live chat support & messaging solution

4.7/5

Carine Sylvie
  • Industry: Consumer Services

The best Live chat

Reviewed on 2023/11/14

Tawk.to is a very good livechat and the back office is easy and intuitive to use.

Pros

Tawk.to is the perfect software for a digital company like mine. As well as live chat, it allows you to build up a knowledge base to guide customers through most processes.

Cons

I've noticed that the sound notification doesn't always emit the arrival of new customers on the livechat when there are a lot of processes running on the computer or when the connection speed is sometimes low.

Diana

More than impressed with this software A+++

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Very happy customer, already recommending it a lot. I'm not a programmer and I don't like to read long tutorials to manage my websites, this one was easy to set up, and the more amazing the connectivity, instant

Pros

I can't believe how easy was to set it up in my website, how easy and simple is the app, and how well works! The connection is instantaneous. I love it! I rarely write reviews but I had to find a way to shout to the world, that if you need a chat service for your site, this is it!. I'm using the free version but would gladly pay later if I need some of the other features they offer. Congratulations for a great user friendly software, wish everything in the world will work like this.

Cons

The image for the chat can't be customize, there is only 2 options, at least in the free version I'm using.

LiveAgent and LiveChat

Reasons for Switching to tawk.to

The to the point information in the page, and user friendly set up.
Brad

Good Chat feature for free

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Overall, Tawk.to has served it's purpose for us despite some frustration set backs with kicking me out of the app in the middle of the chat.

Pros

It was a free software that allowed us to add chat communication to our website. Tawk.to was easy to add to our website as well. Being able to jump into the middle of coworkers chats to assist or just whisper to them is great as well. Another good feature is the tawk.to app.

So if you're looking for a cheap way to add this type of functionality to your site, it's worth it.

Cons

It needs to refresh the dashboard constantly. It has also kicked me out of the app in the middle of chats with potential customers.

Ankit

An actually good free instant customer chat tool

Reviewed on 2021/02/20

Overall I've had a good experience with Tawk, it's easy to add to your website and practically works with most of the themes out there plus it has all the facilities like other paid tools. It's a no-brainer choice for anyone who isn't looking to spend much on a customer chat tool.

Pros

The best thing about Tawk is that it's completely free, their both the software(chat and knowledgebase) are too good to be free. Also adding the widget to your website is quite easy, even for a beginner.

Cons

One of the biggest cons of Tawk as a customer chat tool is the backend. The admin panel isn't the most customer-friendly one out there. Only if they could remove a bit of clutter and focus on the core settings, then it would be a very nice experience.

LiveChat and Intercom

Reasons for Switching to tawk.to

The main selling point of Tawk for me was it's pricing.
Bill
Bill

No-cost way to increase customer satisfaction? Who wouldn't want this?

Reviewed on 2021/12/08

We have been able to increase our "real world" presence on our web site, offering support and sales guidance to users when they need it most -- when they actually have a question. The low-footprint, web-based solution is very easy to install and quite easy to use (in most areas), and it provides visibility into the efficacy of our web pages and sites.

Pros

With a short script include into our web site and a simple desktop application to install, we have instant visibility into who is currently trolling out web site (and from where), and our customers have instant access to a simple chat solution right from any of our web pages. In the age of instant gratification, we are able to answer questions instantly for customers and turn them from browsers into buyers. We also have the ability to provide after-purchase support, which extends the reach of this system.

Cons

There are some oddities in the desktop UI that get annoying from time to time. For example, if you are monitoring two web sites and happen to miss a chat request from one site, the interface doesn't show you that missed call -- unless you happen to have that web site selected. The result is that a user question may have been posted that you don't see for days, which makes you look unresponsive at times.

Tyler
  • Industry: Automotive

The Best Bang for your Buck on the Market

Reviewed on 2023/11/23

Pros

Theres not much not to like about this company! Their chat is great, has a ton of add on functionality if you want it, but if you want bare-bones its able to to that for you as well. I was hesitant coming into a company that i had never heard of before but this thing, given its price and its robust list of great features makes it unbeatable.

Cons

Customer service is a bit slow at times if im being honest.

Podium
Mark
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

It's Forever Free

Reviewed on 2023/09/07

This is a fantastic product that I would highly recommend to anyone looking to add a chat functionality to their website. The setup takes no time at all and it is honestly is free for life!! That's sounds hard to believe, but trust me, it's true

Pros

The best feature of Tawk.to is that the basic chat system (which is actually quite advanced for what it is) is forever free. I have been using Tawk.to for 3 years now and never paid a penny for using it which is fantastic. It is easy to setup, easy to implement and easy to manage!

Cons

The only issue I have with Tawk.to is that notification emails from missed chats can take 30 - 60 minutes to be sent via email which means you miss the user being live on your site.

LiveChat

Because Tawk.to is forever free
Henri
Henri

Easy to integrate livechat

Reviewed on 2023/10/19

Very good for integrating livechat into websites. You should try it

Very good for integrating livechat into websites. You should try it

Pros

As a developer, tawk.to is the website I use most to integrate livechat into my clients' websites. What's more, thanks to its plugin, it's easy to integrate into Wordpress websites.

Cons

On low-performance computers, I've already missed a livechet after a certain period of computer inactivity.

Dmitrijs
Dmitrijs

A trustful side-kick for our business!

Reviewed on 2023/08/29

Tawk.to is a trustful side-kick for several of sites that we have developed. It solves the real-time user support and allows stock-piling deferred support tickets.

Pros

What stands out to us the most is the real-time chat, which allows to engage with website visitors promptly and provide instant support, while the support ticketing system ensures that customer inquiries are organized and addressed systematically, contributing to a well-rounded customer service experience.

Cons

Rarely the loading time affects the experience as the chat button appears 10-20 seconds after the main site loads. But this, again, happens rarely.

Rohit
Rohit

Best Free Live Chat & Ticketing Platform

Reviewed on 2023/10/01

Many of its features, such as visitor type, web pages visited, and location, enable us to create more personalised chat experiences, especially for loyal customers.

Pros

The majority of the capabilities that you need while chatting with users are available on Tawk.to, which is absolutely free and very simple to install or integrate into websites. You can also create tickets from the chat itself, also a helpdesk can be created with Knowledgebase.

Cons

It may take 30 to 60 minutes for notice emails from missed chats to arrive, which means you won't see the individual while they're online.

Umair

Best and Professional Live Chat Software

Reviewed on 2020/03/12

My overall experience with tawk.to is really awesome because I am using this as a WordPress plugin. Because of my company website, we developed through WordPress, therefore, we have installed a tawk.to Plugin. Me and my team members are using this platform, we always chat with our coming customers using this Plugin. We are very happy because we have increased a number of customers.

Pros

If you are searching for a Free live chat software, then tawk.to is really awesome. The setup is really easy, just copy a javascript code line and paste in the HTML of your website. If you are using the WordPress content management system, then you can also install a tawk.to plugin and if you are using Joomla then there is also an extension available of tawk.to. The dashboard is really simple to use, where you can see your user's details. You can start chatting with your website customers and users. You can also invite members of your team.

Cons

Everything is perfect because we can monitor our website visitors in real-time. We can chat and discuss with them about our products, which we are offering on our websites. It's free and without ads. So according to my point of view, every feature of tawk.to is awesome. Only the dashboard should be easier for beginners. All other things and features are really fabulous.

Ian
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Not only great for talking with customers but a great visual tool

Reviewed on 2019/10/02

We introduced Tawk.to as a way to talk with customers who are perhaps reluctant to call or email in case they get the hard sell.
We have found it useful when dealing with customers from abroad who are perhaps not confident enough in their verbal english but happy to type it.

Pros

1 - it's completely free
2 - It just works, really well
3 - On top of the web chat feature I can see in real time what pages on our site customers are visiting, this gives me a really useful picture of what pages are popular.
4 - you can also see what country your visitors are from and what platform/browser they use
5 - lots of useful automated quick responses

Cons

It's not the software's fault but you do get some occasional idiots on web chat. One guy messaged "hello" then continued with the rest of the lyrics for the Lionel Ritchie song - very odd.
The live monitoring occasionally (and deliberately) goes to sleep if you're not active so you have to click to keep subscribing. I expect that's to reduce unnecessary load on the web servers so I don't blame them.
I don't think you have too many options to customise the web chat pop-up shape/size/design other than colour and the text you want to use

Rajkishore
Rajkishore
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Best Live Chat Software With Bulk Features For Everyone

Reviewed on 2021/07/30

I have integrated this software with my woo-commerce store and website. It provided us best customer support platform through live chat where we are able to solve our customers issues on spot within a moment and it gives a good impression on our business. As it is free it became more useful to us because without any investment it made our business profitable with it's bulk of features.

Pros

Easy user interface and made for everyone. No training needed to use this software. Can integrate with store, website to provide customers a better support experience. Best part is it is free for all. From single dashboard you can monitor your visitors details of your website. With proactive chat you can provide customers basic FAQ answers. Can backup chats and can send chat history to users. We can hire agents for our company with best pricing plans. Best software for livechat for beginners or small businesses. You can also access your account through mobile apps too.

Cons

On every update they are removing bugs. With free plan it is very useful to everyone. I have never faced any issue with this software. If happens they help to solve immediately.

Alberto
Alberto

A good option to offer a chat support service

Reviewed on 2023/08/21

We can offer a chat support service for our start up. We have more than one hundred users and we have 3 or 4 daily chat sessions with users. We can answer quickly. Also we are saving money because we are using a free plan. We have integrated this tawt.to into our web page and into our e-learning platform.

Pros

You can start with the free plan. It is easy to configure and manage. You can integrate it with other tools.

Cons

Sometimes we had a lag with the chat session but I think it was because we were using a free plan.

Zendesk Talk

Reasons for Switching to tawk.to

Because tawk.to offer a free plan.
Nenad

Tawk about a good product!

Reviewed on 2021/02/15

it got us started with these tools and helped us see the value in a live chat on our website, by far the best starter tool out there.

Pros

It's free to get started and it has some killed features the other tools charge an arm and a leg for, It's simply the best option for a free, first time chat tool user - Loved it for months and it's value will make sure I suggest it to others.

Cons

it doesn't keep up UI and ease wise compared to paid tools - It's very one chat focused where other tools I can handle 5-10 chats at a time and it's easy to keep track of, the blocky UI here makes it hard and the agent assingment system is a big buggy when more than a few people can repond to any ticket.

Customerly and Intercom
Simon

Online chat

Reviewed on 2023/11/17

Pros

Great solution for your eshop. It works as it should. The free version can also be used. I used free for a long time, but I have passed to paid.

Cons

I am satisfied with everything. everything works.

Lekha

Best software for real-time chat

Reviewed on 2022/09/07

It is basic software all need if your business is in a budding stage. Pretty easy to use, with no complex workaround so anyone can learn the process in little time. I am very happy with the product.

Pros

Being in an e-commerce business, we will always get customer chats. Tawkto helped us a lot in meeting the customers' needs on time. We never missed a chat as we received prompt notifications when anyone opened the chat window and start chatting. Tawkto mobile app helps you be online even on the go.

Cons

It was a pretty basic software that meets the requirements of a small business. As the business grows I think it would need more tweaks so multi-user interaction will be possible. When we add more users it's difficult in assigning tickets and checking analytics.

Farhan
Farhan
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

The best chat platform for your Website

Reviewed on 2020/06/14

I use Tawk.to as a WordPress plugin in my websites which I have developed through WordPress. The plugin is really easy to use, after installation just login with tawk.to account and we can start chatting with our visitors. Especially in my e-commerce websites I chat with my users and I describe them about the products of my website.

Pros

Tawk.to allows you to chat with the visitors of your website or mobile application. The dashboard is really easy to understand. Where you can add different users. You can see online visitors of your website and you can chat with them. The setup is really easy and you can start tracking.

Cons

According to my experience, there should be more chat themes with different styles. All other features of tawk.to are really fabulous and awesome.

Kenneth

Review for tawk.to

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

Overall, tawk.to is an amazing Livechat support software and it has helped us retain a good number of leads via following up on them in real time when they are on our website.

I would recommend the software to those who want to have great retention of the leads who visit their website.

Pros

I came to know about this software years ago when we were having great website visitation but our sales was low. We started pondering on the best way to convert all the leads who visit our website to paying clients. Our option was to have a live chat so we can communicate with our leads and that was when we found out about tawk.to.
It is an amazing Live chat support software with free version and a feature to help you know where your lead is chatting from.
The software helps us to track website visitors and pages they are browsing, this let us know which page to Optimize on our website in order to increase sales.

Also,the software is easy to install and it being compatible with Wordpress is a great bonus

Cons

One of the issues I have with tawk.to is it's sophisticated backend which can be confusing to non technical people. I have to take my clients through a mini tutorial on how to install the software .

Also, the mobile version hardly sends me notification.

Marcus

Feature-packed and intuitive live support program

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

After trying so many different live support programs, I decided to go with Tawk.to. The free plan has so many premium features such as ticketing, triggers and shortcuts. They put deep thought into the user experience of both the live support agent and the customer, and have an amazing mobile app that goes along with their web-based app.

Pros

My favorite feature is that I can easily take over conversations from my agents even when I am on the go with their mobile app. They have also added the support ticketing system where my agents can escalate certain customer concerns to me if they are unable to resolve them.

Cons

Canned notifications cannot be edited via the mobile app. It will be nice to have this feature because sometimes I might need to make edits on the fly.

Nick

Reviewed on 2023/03/28

Good live chat and analyst

Good live chat and analyst

Pros

Free trial and good rewievs . I liked it

Cons

No mobile application so I can't be online all the time

Olark and Zendesk Suite

Lilian
Lilian

Online communication

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Because of a lot of functions, it has like visitors type, pages they visit and location, it helps us make more personalized chatting experience especially with repeat customers.

Pros

The software is easy to use and to implement, gives demographics of web visitors so that you know in which state or country they are. This enables you even to personalise your chat thus increasing customer service. Offers its own tawkto icon on the free version chat and the flexibility to personalize once you pay. The free version is really incredible especially their features of adding someone else for support.

Cons

They add ons are pricey and not worth the amount you will need to pay

• Industry: Accounting

to talk with client

Reviewed on 2019/10/18

The experience with the program is very good, I receive the messages that the customer sends at the same time, regardless if I am on the phone, notebook or computer, which makes it much easier, because I can be in meetings or walking and can give an instant feedback. The program is very good, I get the messages that the customer sends at the same time, regardless of whether I'm on the phone, notebook or computer, which makes it much easier, because I can be in meetings or walking and can give a feedback instantly.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the possibility to talk to customers at the same time they are accessing the site, not requiring any kind of call or email to be able to contact the company directly.

Cons

I had a little difficulty configuring the software with my site, as I have no experience with this type of configuration, but in the end I was able to.

Great free software

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Perfect! It bridges the gap from people who might not be ready to call but still would like to ask a question. also people at work or who don't like to talk on the phone prefer to type rather than talk

Pros

Cons

requires someone to be there to awnser the questions. the location of people is completly off but not that improtant.

Jason
Jason

A good all round live chat service.

Reviewed on 2018/01/14

Pros

Probably the best ting about tawk.to is that it is completely free, it doesn't matter how many agents or websites you need it's free.

It's really easy to use & set-up/installation is easy to.

Cons

I find that the addons can be quite expensive, especially since you have to purchase them on a per widget basis rather than per account.

Also the Woocommerce/Wordpress widget could do with some improvements to keep it inline with the Shopify widget as it's missing basic features such as customer & order look up, the abilit to edit/cancel orders. All of which are available in the Shopify version.