tawk.to

Live chat support & messaging solution

Rajkishore
Rajkishore
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Best Live Chat Software With Bulk Features For Everyone

Reviewed on 2021/07/30

I have integrated this software with my woo-commerce store and website. It provided us best customer support platform through live chat where we are able to solve our customers issues on spot within a moment and it gives a good impression on our business. As it is free it became more useful to us because without any investment it made our business profitable with it's bulk of features.

Pros

Easy user interface and made for everyone. No training needed to use this software. Can integrate with store, website to provide customers a better support experience. Best part is it is free for all. From single dashboard you can monitor your visitors details of your website. With proactive chat you can provide customers basic FAQ answers. Can backup chats and can send chat history to users. We can hire agents for our company with best pricing plans. Best software for livechat for beginners or small businesses. You can also access your account through mobile apps too.

Cons

On every update they are removing bugs. With free plan it is very useful to everyone. I have never faced any issue with this software. If happens they help to solve immediately.

Anthony
  • Industry: Design

Almost Instant Live Chat

Reviewed on 2021/12/09

Pros

I used this software on a clients WordPress website and was able to almost instantly setup a live chat feature for them. The beauty of Tawk.to compared to others is it's completely free for the features you really need. Of course they have their upsells like any other company such as hiring agents to work for you company, remove branding, etc. But for an out of the box solution that works well you just can't go wrong with using this software.

Cons

The only thing I always dislike about any software is the branding that comes along with it. However, with it being a live chat module it's not super noticeable since it's just in small print at the bottom of the chat module.

Tidio, Help Scout and LiveChat

Reasons for Switching to tawk.to

The client was looking for a cheaper solution since it was a startup. With everything being included in the free version that they needed it was a no brainer to go with this software.
Brad

Good Chat feature for free

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Overall, Tawk.to has served it's purpose for us despite some frustration set backs with kicking me out of the app in the middle of the chat.

Pros

It was a free software that allowed us to add chat communication to our website. Tawk.to was easy to add to our website as well. Being able to jump into the middle of coworkers chats to assist or just whisper to them is great as well. Another good feature is the tawk.to app.

So if you're looking for a cheap way to add this type of functionality to your site, it's worth it.

Cons

It needs to refresh the dashboard constantly. It has also kicked me out of the app in the middle of chats with potential customers.

Simon

Online chat

Reviewed on 2023/11/17

Pros

Great solution for your eshop. It works as it should. The free version can also be used. I used free for a long time, but I have passed to paid.

Cons

I am satisfied with everything. everything works.

Richard

Integrate chat functionality to your website.

Reviewed on 2022/04/06

Pros

Tawk.to allows us to communicate directly with website browsers. Tawk.to has helped increase conversion rates on the website, as we can guide/advise customers immediately.

Cons

There is no downside to using Tawk.to, and excellent piece of software.

Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to tawk.to

The basic package is free, which meets all our needs currently.
Diana

More than impressed with this software A+++

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Very happy customer, already recommending it a lot. I'm not a programmer and I don't like to read long tutorials to manage my websites, this one was easy to set up, and the more amazing the connectivity, instant

Pros

I can't believe how easy was to set it up in my website, how easy and simple is the app, and how well works! The connection is instantaneous. I love it! I rarely write reviews but I had to find a way to shout to the world, that if you need a chat service for your site, this is it!. I'm using the free version but would gladly pay later if I need some of the other features they offer. Congratulations for a great user friendly software, wish everything in the world will work like this.

Cons

The image for the chat can't be customize, there is only 2 options, at least in the free version I'm using.

LiveAgent and LiveChat

Reasons for Switching to tawk.to

The to the point information in the page, and user friendly set up.
Ankit

An actually good free instant customer chat tool

Reviewed on 2021/02/20

Overall I've had a good experience with Tawk, it's easy to add to your website and practically works with most of the themes out there plus it has all the facilities like other paid tools. It's a no-brainer choice for anyone who isn't looking to spend much on a customer chat tool.

Pros

The best thing about Tawk is that it's completely free, their both the software(chat and knowledgebase) are too good to be free. Also adding the widget to your website is quite easy, even for a beginner.

Cons

One of the biggest cons of Tawk as a customer chat tool is the backend. The admin panel isn't the most customer-friendly one out there. Only if they could remove a bit of clutter and focus on the core settings, then it would be a very nice experience.

LiveChat and Intercom

Reasons for Switching to tawk.to

The main selling point of Tawk for me was it's pricing.
Bill
Bill

No-cost way to increase customer satisfaction? Who wouldn't want this?

Reviewed on 2021/12/08

We have been able to increase our "real world" presence on our web site, offering support and sales guidance to users when they need it most -- when they actually have a question. The low-footprint, web-based solution is very easy to install and quite easy to use (in most areas), and it provides visibility into the efficacy of our web pages and sites.

Pros

With a short script include into our web site and a simple desktop application to install, we have instant visibility into who is currently trolling out web site (and from where), and our customers have instant access to a simple chat solution right from any of our web pages. In the age of instant gratification, we are able to answer questions instantly for customers and turn them from browsers into buyers. We also have the ability to provide after-purchase support, which extends the reach of this system.

Cons

There are some oddities in the desktop UI that get annoying from time to time. For example, if you are monitoring two web sites and happen to miss a chat request from one site, the interface doesn't show you that missed call -- unless you happen to have that web site selected. The result is that a user question may have been posted that you don't see for days, which makes you look unresponsive at times.

Henri
Henri

Easy to integrate livechat

Reviewed on 2023/10/19

Very good for integrating livechat into websites. You should try it

Very good for integrating livechat into websites. You should try it

Pros

As a developer, tawk.to is the website I use most to integrate livechat into my clients' websites. What's more, thanks to its plugin, it's easy to integrate into Wordpress websites.

Cons

On low-performance computers, I've already missed a livechet after a certain period of computer inactivity.

Dmitrijs
Dmitrijs

A trustful side-kick for our business!

Reviewed on 2023/08/29

Tawk.to is a trustful side-kick for several of sites that we have developed. It solves the real-time user support and allows stock-piling deferred support tickets.

Pros

What stands out to us the most is the real-time chat, which allows to engage with website visitors promptly and provide instant support, while the support ticketing system ensures that customer inquiries are organized and addressed systematically, contributing to a well-rounded customer service experience.

Cons

Rarely the loading time affects the experience as the chat button appears 10-20 seconds after the main site loads. But this, again, happens rarely.

Umair

Best and Professional Live Chat Software

Reviewed on 2020/03/12

My overall experience with tawk.to is really awesome because I am using this as a WordPress plugin. Because of my company website, we developed through WordPress, therefore, we have installed a tawk.to Plugin. Me and my team members are using this platform, we always chat with our coming customers using this Plugin. We are very happy because we have increased a number of customers.

Pros

If you are searching for a Free live chat software, then tawk.to is really awesome. The setup is really easy, just copy a javascript code line and paste in the HTML of your website. If you are using the WordPress content management system, then you can also install a tawk.to plugin and if you are using Joomla then there is also an extension available of tawk.to. The dashboard is really simple to use, where you can see your user's details. You can start chatting with your website customers and users. You can also invite members of your team.

Cons

Everything is perfect because we can monitor our website visitors in real-time. We can chat and discuss with them about our products, which we are offering on our websites. It's free and without ads. So according to my point of view, every feature of tawk.to is awesome. Only the dashboard should be easier for beginners. All other things and features are really fabulous.

Ian
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Not only great for talking with customers but a great visual tool

Reviewed on 2019/10/02

We introduced Tawk.to as a way to talk with customers who are perhaps reluctant to call or email in case they get the hard sell.
We have found it useful when dealing with customers from abroad who are perhaps not confident enough in their verbal english but happy to type it.

Pros

1 - it's completely free
2 - It just works, really well
3 - On top of the web chat feature I can see in real time what pages on our site customers are visiting, this gives me a really useful picture of what pages are popular.
4 - you can also see what country your visitors are from and what platform/browser they use
5 - lots of useful automated quick responses

Cons

It's not the software's fault but you do get some occasional idiots on web chat. One guy messaged "hello" then continued with the rest of the lyrics for the Lionel Ritchie song - very odd.
The live monitoring occasionally (and deliberately) goes to sleep if you're not active so you have to click to keep subscribing. I expect that's to reduce unnecessary load on the web servers so I don't blame them.
I don't think you have too many options to customise the web chat pop-up shape/size/design other than colour and the text you want to use

Mark
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

It's Forever Free

Reviewed on 2023/09/07

This is a fantastic product that I would highly recommend to anyone looking to add a chat functionality to their website. The setup takes no time at all and it is honestly is free for life!! That's sounds hard to believe, but trust me, it's true

Pros

The best feature of Tawk.to is that the basic chat system (which is actually quite advanced for what it is) is forever free. I have been using Tawk.to for 3 years now and never paid a penny for using it which is fantastic. It is easy to setup, easy to implement and easy to manage!

Cons

The only issue I have with Tawk.to is that notification emails from missed chats can take 30 - 60 minutes to be sent via email which means you miss the user being live on your site.

LiveChat

Because Tawk.to is forever free
Sourav
Sourav
  • Industry: Higher Education

Awesome and easy to install chat support system

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

This software has helped me generate more sales from my website as I am directly able to chat with potential clients the minute they arrive on my website.

Pros

For a startup with small funds it was difficult to afford expensive chat systems on our website but this was one thing we absolulely needed as customers wanted to talk to a human when they got to our site. Tawk to solved this so efficiently. Not only did they provide this service for free (yes there is a paid tier also and one where they provide you with CC agents). Their chat widget is extremely easy to install, supports wordpress and customizable. To top it all they even provide an Android app which I use when I am travelling to talk to visitors on my website.

Cons

There is an issue with their mobile app as it does not always notifies you when someone is on the site. Though this is not a common occurance, still its not non-existent either. Another thing is that their web dashboard is a bit cluttered, atleast that is how I feel. They could give a little thought to the UI and UX of their website’s dashboard.

Abid
Abid
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

The Incredible and Awesome Chat Software

Reviewed on 2020/04/27

I am really satisfied with tawk.to. There are lots of reasons. First, it is free. Then I have installed tawk.to in my WordPress websites with the help of tawk.to plugin. I sell online products on my e-commerce website, so I allow my visitors to chat with me before purchasing any product. It’s really easy to understand and use. For my websites, the importance of tawk.to is too much. Because it has helped me to communicate with my visitors and customers. Even I have installed this on my other websites which I developed using Joomla and Magento. I am really happy with tawk.to features.

Pros

If you want to monitor your website visitors and if you want to chat with them, then the tawk.to is really best for you. You can easily set up and it’s free forever. According to my experience, the software is also too much secure. Within 1 minute you can set up the tawk.to on your website or app. Just copy the easy line of JavaScript and paste it into the HTML of your website. After that, instantly you can see the chat widget on your website. You can answer to the chats even from your Mobile device. It’s really awesome and amazing chat software.

Cons

For me, every feature and use of tawk.to is really easy. Because I am using this chat plugin on my own websites and also on my client’s websites. So, I am really aware of the dashboard and interface of this plugin. Only for the beginners, the interface should be easier. All the other features are very good.

Ana Carolina

One of the best Chat for websites.

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

It is a great tool and feet that is very useful for any type of website. if used correctly it can become a means of sales for your business.

Pros

An easy way to enhance our website is through a chat tool, and one of the best is taw.to, it is very easy to install and use. Its administrative panel allows to control in an organized way the communication with the users that visit our web, besides we can configure forms with welcome messages and add the fields that we create are useful to establish the communication, for example in my case I usually request the name, email, and phone.

We can use it in HTML sites and also in CMS as wordpress, since there is a plugin for this. We can also download the APP and use it through our smartphone from anywhere.

Cons

Actually this tool pleases me a lot, but sometimes there are flaws in the browser and we can lose communication, but it is not serious in most cases I usually solve easily by reloading the browser or starting a session again

Amrut
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Wonderful Features

Reviewed on 2023/03/07

Pros

very easy to chat with live visitors, real time tracking of how many visitors are online, chats can be initiated by the user,, graphical report, chats transcription, everything is awesome

Cons

the chat notification music, that is toooooo loud

Pure Chat

Simply Chat Interface between Business & Consumer

Reviewed on 2018/07/09

Pros

As the individual in charge of maintaining contact with consumers looking on/requesting information on our website, tawk.to has made the communication both parties seamless. Not only are you able to notice guests looking at your site in real-time, you are able to observe the text that they are preparing to send to you as they write it... allowing extra time as the company to respond with a proper and successful response. Statistics involving location, time, and IP are added benefits when studying visiting consumers.

Cons

There are hardly any negatives about tawk.to. The chat software is simple, non-intrusive, and ready to be of use when need be. The only negative, which should be taken with a grain of salt as it is such a minor detail, is that the incoming text of the consumer can occasionally come in sporadically, or a brief one or two second time pause between existing and currently being written text. This results in a quick jump in the conversation. Again, however, this is the worst experience that you may encounter.

Ramindu
Ramindu
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Comprehensive support chat integration

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

We use tawk.to to manage customer queries on many websites and frontend applications.

Pros

Integrating a customer support chat window in to a web application can be a harrowing process. You can either build your own which would take a considerable amount of resources or you could buy an expensive solution that requires hours of integration. tawk.to bypasses both these scenarios with a relatively cheap support chat solution that is super easy to integrate in to any website and provides awesome options to response to customer requests. The integration only takes a few lines of code and the mobile application that is provided allows the customer support team to respond to requests from anywhere at any time. Extensive backend reporting also allows analysis of how well customer requests have been responded to with comprehensive analysis and reports.

Cons

More complex configuration for more specific scenarios can be tricky; if you're trying to do something complex that's not provided out of the box, configuration tawk.to can become difficult.

Few things to keep in mind about Tawk.to

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

It adds great value to your business.

It adds great value to your business.

Pros

1. It a great add on to a web application (websites) if you want to allow your users to contact your support team easily.
2. Tawk dashboard is impressive, it usually provides everything you pay for such as real time visitor, previous chats, chat statistics including the graphical representation and tabular as well.

Cons

1. It also provides few add-ons as Putting your own brand and get rid of that tawk.to label at the bottom, but honestly speaking it is more expensive than it should be.
2. Mark my words, this one literally frustrates me by not giving any notification whenever a chat comes. I don't know what is wrong whether it is the browser or the tool itself.

Jaron
Jaron
  • Industry: Hospitality

Excellent value. Tons of features, maybe even too much

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

Pros

It's free! When you run a business, you can't afford to pay for 30+ software programs that aren't critical to your business. Live chat isn't a HUGE part of my business... so I can't rationalize paying for a super slick online chat app. Tawk.to gets the job done and it still looks pretty fresh on my website. My office admin can use it under her account, and overall it ain't too bad.

Cons

It can be buggy, and it can be complicated. Honestly, Tawk.to has so many features, more than we need, and I feel some of that effort could instead go into making the website and app more reliable and easy to use. There are so many settings that it's easy to get lost trying to figure out what is what. For example, there have been a handful of times where our live chat is just turned off for days at a time before we notice it and we have to go in and figure out why. User management can be complicated. The app is not the easiest to use either. But, I really can't complain because I am benefiting from it all for free.

Adetayo Kolawole
Adetayo Kolawole
  • Industry: Design

The Best Chatting System For Business

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

They have a free version and also a paid version and you can add it to your desired CMS either Wordpress, Magento. Easy to setup for beginners also.

Pros

I have been using Tawk.to for the past 3 years now. They are the first chat app system that I ever know that implement an auto-respond whenever you're not online. You add a chat to your website and let your customers talk to you live. Either on your eCommerce online store website or company website.

Cons

With this website, you can convert your traffic to paying customers. Get a full detail of where they chatting from, the current page they are on your website and also transfer them to another support team.

Muddassar
Muddassar
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Free and Easy Live Chat Platform

Reviewed on 2020/06/29

My overall experience with Tawk.to is really outstanding. I chat with the users of my website and talk with them regarding the products of my website. In this way, I have increased the number of sales in my business.

Pros

Tawk.to is the best Live chat platform. You can integrate the setup on your website or mobile app very easily. If you are a WordPress user then you can install Tawk.to plugin. Register free, install on your website, and start chatting with the users of your website.

Cons

Tawk.to interface is really easy to understand and use. Every feature and function is perfect. So according to me, there are no cons.

Great free software

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

Perfect! It bridges the gap from people who might not be ready to call but still would like to ask a question. also people at work or who don't like to talk on the phone prefer to type rather than talk

Pros

Cons

requires someone to be there to awnser the questions. the location of people is completly off but not that improtant.

Anuj
Anuj

The Must have live chat tool for your website to improve your ROI

Reviewed on 2022/05/27

I am totally in love with this tawk to tool because it is so easy to install on your website so you can provide a live chat support feature to your customers. I love these tools, you guys are amazing.

Pros

So we are using this for more than a year it has amazing features like live notifications about new chat conversations and it has a mobile app as well so you can use it while you are on your mobile as well. And this tool has amazing widgets that make your website use form for the visitor to leave their information and queries even if your agents are not available. So this is the most good to have features to improve your ROI in any business .

Cons

I think they have enough features so your website can have a live support chat feature apart from that I think there should be a call feature in it so agents can start voice call conversation instantly with the visitor.