Shop-Ware

Shop Management Solutions for Auto Repair - Individual & MSO

Vern N.

Vern's Review

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

Overall anytime there was an issue Support was fantastic to resolve it promptly. When we ask for new features our opinion is taking seriously and they seem to come to life. For multi-shop web based programs available, Shop- Ware is fantastic.

Pros

I love the fact that the customer can approve the work if they are unable to speak on the phone. I like the user friendliness of the program that allows for easy training. I like the fact that we can communicate easily with the customer. I also like that there is a record of everything. The log feature really helps hold my team accountable when it comes to issues with use or customers. I like that just about everything in the program is customize-able. I like the abilities of multishop where we can transfer a technician from shop to shop with ease.

Cons

I strongly dislike the inventory system. I do not like that any time a part is purchased that it adds it to inventory making it very difficult to manage our internal inventory. it would be nice if inventory could be divided into internal and external. I don't like that when texting a customer they have to click a link. Currently with certain phone providers, it prompts the customer to the log in page instead of their RO. I wish there were a way to have a text message conversation with the customer and log it like other programs use. I wish some of the reporting was easier to use and more customizable. I wish there was a way to transfer internal inventory between stores. It would be nice if repair link could integrate.

Shop Boss

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Omnique was very cryptic with its features. When reporting problems to their support team, the team ALWAYS stated this was the first time they had heard of that and rarely came up with solutions. The program was very difficult to estimate with.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Amongst others. Shop-ware was one of the only multi-shop web based platforms that could be customized to how our shop was run. We were ready to go on Shop Boss and before launch we found that we could not create canned jobs and that completely ruined it for us.
William L.

Cloud Based

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

Overall we have had a great experience with Shop-Ware. We have always strived to provide our customers with the best experience and with Shop-Ware being digitally based, that helps us to achieve this goal. The inventory management has taken some getting used to, but is also very helpful!

Pros

Although not an original feature, I really like the cloud based software and the ability to use it on multiple platforms. This also allows most operations to work very fast and very smoothly! Another stand out feature are the built in digital vehicle inspection.

Cons

As a counter person/service advisor my biggest complaint is the lack of auto-fill. There are many fields that must be filled every time a ticket is opened and it would be much more convenient if most if not all of them would auto-fill.

ALLDATA

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

The catalyst was that we are a Bosch Service Center, but the driving force is how archaic RO Writer is. Shop-Ware met all of the criteria we were looking for in a shop management system including great analytics.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Across the board the product offerings are very similar. The digital inspections are great, the digital bias of the software, and the support are good, but one of the biggest factors was being a Bosch Service Center.
Brandon P.

Shop-ware review

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

Great customer service. Slow to grow and adapt compared to industry competitors.

Pros

Ease of use. Very easy to teach someone how to use it. GP$/hr quickly available to estimator.

Cons

No two way communication with customer
Labor guide is almost always wrong
Cannot see tech total clocked in time on a ticket without opening the clock up on each individual job and manually adding it together.
When building an estimate on the main screen, as opposed to a recommended service on the right, the correct labor times do not follow the job to future tickets. Making the use of “past services” worthless unless you built it on the right under recommended services.
Would love to be able to look up fluid type and quantities within Shop-ware and not have to rely on or transfer Info to another system to find out that info.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Alldata manage online was not what we needed.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

To be honest, not if the sms systems were where I wanted / needed them to be. However, SW seemed like they would get to their faster and were better suited to become an industry leader.
Christopher S.

Robust Software Management Platform

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

I love it! You'd have to come up with something out of this world to change my mind that this isn't the best software out.

Pros

It's versatile and works smoothly—both on my Windows Desktop and reliable on my iPhone.

Cons

Honestly any issue I can think of get remediated quickly. The customer support is quick to respond and get the software updated monthly with new features.

Mobile Manager Pro

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Lack of software updates.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Came highly recommended by other shop owners currently using the software.
Pam D.

Shop - Ware

Reviewed on 2021/09/09

Once the system was in use, everyday all day, the system became very easy to navigate through. Even the technicians are able to perform the functions without problems.
I am very pleased that we were able to obtain this management system.

Pros

After using the system for a short while, it has proven to increase sales as we set up invoicing that parts have to be billed out and received prior to closing an invoice. No more parts going out the door without being billed.

Cons

It was confusing as first as the terminology is different then what I was used to. Also the preset canned jobs were difficult to modify.

Mitchell RepairCenter

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Was included in with another package deal with Castrol/Bosch.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Was included with another package we were involved with. When that deal closed, we continued with the shop-ware management system.
Tara T.

A Business Changer, A LIFE Changer

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

Pros

There are so many things I LOVE about this software that I probably couldn't even list them all. Not only do I love them, but our team loves Shop-Ware and our clients LOVE it as much as we do (maybe more). It is easy to use from anywhere. It integrates all of the components of our business into one package. Shop-Ware is easy to work with as a company and understands our needs. They are constantly upgrading and developing based on users' needs and wants. When you have a question or suggestion, they reach out, listen, and respond promptly.

Cons

The only item I wish could be different is accessing other labor guides than MOTOR. That is honestly it.

Kristie W.

Best Automotive Software on the Market

Reviewed on 2021/08/23

Customer Service is the best part of this product. No matter what the question, I always get a response right away or directed to the proper person. This is what sets them apart from the competition.

Pros

The integration of our business processes was so easy, efficient and fluent. This product is so easy to use that even senior staff that don't welcome change have been very pleasantly surprised by the ease of use.

Cons

When you go to open balances in an account, it shows the notes when I really need the R.O. total instead. I made this suggestion, but haven't heard anything back. Also, I feel the label of the R.O. is irrelevant when viewing balances.

Shopmonkey

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

We had just converted all systems over to Andreoli after paying nearly 30k for over a year and a half before going live. When we experienced a catastrophic event, they moved our "support" to accelerated status, but refused to send someone in person even though they were in the same state. Needless to say, Andreoli is anything but user friendly and their customer service is horrible.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Reading other consumer reviews made the choice clear this was the right decision.
Stacey S.

Shop-Ware SMS

Reviewed on 2021/08/31

Great experience overall, support is very responsive and features work well, would like to see improvements in parts inventory and Added CRM features.

Pros

Customer facing sms with powerful features to paint the value picture to your customers.

Cons

Weak on parts inventory management and editing control.

Daniel G.

Just make the change

Reviewed on 2021/08/25

Best we've had and/or seen. Nothing better is available.

Pros

-AVG RO increase of 30%-actual and real ROI
-Service Advisor efficiency is second to none with Shop-Ware
-Customers love the transparency

Cons

Michigan specific State Invoice requirements

Matthew S.
  • Industry: Automotive

Great product that gets better on a regular basis.

Reviewed on 2021/08/26

Easy to learn and excellent customer service

Pros

Cloud based and simple. The ability to use it from any device.

Cons

Lost some features like two way texting appointment reminders

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

To simplify and go to a cloud based system

Mobile Manager Pro

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Had more knowledge of Shop-Ware and it is required by the Bosch Car Service program
Alan S.

Shop-ware

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

Overall, I enjoy the software. I wish there was a better payment option and the 2 issues listed above were taken care of. I keep hearing it's coming but it hasn't come...... I have honestly been looking at Techmetric because the above issues are not issues on their platform. I hesitate to move because there is a learning curve and other hick ups involved with that change that I would prefer not to endure.

Pros

Digital work board. I can check in on the business or help out where ever I have internet service.

Cons

1. I can not share an inspection with recommendations without sharing price at the same time. This has been a big concern of mine since day 1 and still not changed. Its frustrating because I am essentially not using the digital inspection to make any sales. I'm certain my ARO would increase with this feature.

2. I can not break down labor cost by technician. This is again frustrating because the labor cost is NOT ACCURATE on any one ticket or job on a given ticket. It's just not accurate.

Kenny H.

Top Shop Software

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

Has been excellent, always willing to help when problems arise. They own up to their mistakes when they make them.

Pros

I love the way we can share the estimates with the customer via email and text. Inspections are easy to set up and are 100% customizable. Right now I’m a new start up and running my shop with the help of my wife. Being able to share with customers gives us 15 minutes to set up our game plan for what’s coming in next. The digital inspections gives the customers more info to make an educated decision and most of the time they have approved repairs before we ever get that call into them in that 15 minute window. Hands down the best program I’ve ever used!

Cons

There’s really not much I can say. A lot of the things I disliked about this program have been fixed or upgraded. I would love to see the ability to add more than on canned job to the ticket at a time, and be able to apply payments to accounts receivable for fleet customers easier.

Calvin S.

Shop-Ware is TONS better than Mitchell

Reviewed on 2020/03/18

Pros

The ease of pricing parts and ordering parts through Shop-Ware is TONS better than our previous software, Mitchell. Being able to pull up multiple vendors at one time compare exact parts instantly and then order from online has saved our shop countless hours of time as well as thousands of dollars in parts savings. On a side note, the software gets updated on a REGULAR basis which is a huge bonus and large help as they account for the fast changing auto repair industry.

Cons

Labor times within Shop-Ware are not always accurate according to what recommended book time is as well as they do not have all repairs in the system. We have been working with the development team very closely on improving this issue though and have already seen changes.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Mitchell was an outdated software that we had to pay per device for access. It did not allow digital inspections without a bolt on at a stupid expensive additional cost. It wouldn't allow for multiple parts vendor screens to be open. We wanted a cloud based software that was an all in one software. This has 90% of what we need, to do our jobs correctly.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

The customer support and ease of use of Shop-Ware was much better than our original experience with Tekmetric. Our sales Rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was a huge part of this!
Brad T.
  • Industry: Automotive

These guys are going to be an amazing software in the coming years. Get in now!

Reviewed on 2020/03/13

They truly care. Again, this is a software company that cares. You need to find partners to ensure success in your business. Shop-ware is a partner.

Pros

Shop-ware is still flexible since they are rigid like a RO Writer. They truly work to help their customers have success using the software. They are still young, so features are coming out still and some more abilities are being added. They have a ways to go on tires.

The inspections portion of the software is great. I think this is what attracted is at the start and keeps us happy every day we use it.

Overall they will work with you to get a product you want to use.

Cons

Doesn't not work well for tires. You must use Quickbooks and it's hard to "balance" at the end of the day to know you have the correct cash and credit cards.

The way they setup parts is difficult. There is no pricing matrix and parts all link to a main nomenclature. They works well in certain instances, but not well in others. Everything is a give and take. Overall you can work fast within the software.

TireShop

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Pace could not keep up with the times and implement technology.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

The staff at Shop-Ware truly won us over. They worked with us for a long time to get prepared to switch. I also felt their user-interface is by far the BEST! The software is not perfect, but they have a good team behind them.
Micah S.
  • Industry: Automotive

Awesome complete shop management system

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

The customer interaction with the program is great and customers love it. We even have customers who will view their repair order and authorize repairs in the evenings or mornings when we are not open.

Pros

We had different shop management system for 14 years I wanted to add the DVI but I didn't want to buy a separate program so we switched to shop-ware. It's cloud-based so it would work for a multi shop location, It has improved productivity and customer satisfaction because of the capability to share information with the customer. Service writers and the tech's love it because of its simplicity and the learning curve is very quick. Customer service is absolutely amazing. If there is an issue they will return an email or phone call quickly compared to previous experiences with other software. They will take the time to listen to an issue and explain how it works or if there needs to be an improvement, it will be addressed.

Cons

I am struggling to come up with cons. There are little things that I feel could be improved but it does not interfere with the programs capability.

Lafayette H.
  • Industry: Automotive

Best way to communicate with customers

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

I also LOVE that I can track who has viewed the page. That way I can see if my customers are constantly moderating the work, and if they have seen a price quote, and are considering the job. It helps me know how to more efficiently sell work, and which customers I need to focus my energy on with the communication and sales side of my staff.

Pros

My customers love the transparency of my auto repair business as a result of Shop-Ware. The ability to add comments, upload photos, and communicate directly with my customers also keeps things organized. Instead of looking through texts, emails, and writing down notes from phone calls, all of the communication is kept neatly in the comment thread. Customers upload media as well, such as images of ROs of previous shops, or video of a car misbehaving that they were able to catch in the moment. My customers also love the constant updates, which keeps them from calling the shop. As much as I love talking to customers, I do not like to be disturbed while I am working on a car. The customer is able to log on to their online RO, and then see which items have been completed and which items are in the works.

Cons

I am looking forward to a phone app, so that I do not have to open up my internet browser on my cell phone and log on every time. I think that's the only con I can think of at this point, and it's very minor.

Brandon M.
  • Industry: Automotive

Great company to team up with.

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

Because it is an internet based program, everything is so simplified. The parts ordering integration works really well and speeds up the process of getting the customer handled as quickly as possible.

Pros

Ease of use is incredible. After having ROWriter and then being sold Protractor, ShopWare is in a class of its own.

Cons

I haven't really experienced any cons. I can run it with my iPad from anywhere as long as I have cellular signal.

Shop Boss

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Ease of use, .com based, They tried to make protractor work like old school Reynolds and Reynolds or ADP which are franchise dealer based. Swing, and a miss!

Protractor.NET

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

For my decision the upfront transparency was a big thing. The company spent a lot of time with getting us to a point where we understood the product and got us training videos to watch to make sure we were making the right choice for us. Also, the rep was always available when there were questions asked prior to purchase.
Dean S.
  • Industry: Automotive

I’ve used the rest, now I use the best.

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

I have seen my GP, average ticket, and up sells go way up - like 25% and more up. I’m no spring chicken. I’ve been in this industry for 32 years and have used every major software platform out there as well as a few minor ones. I can tell you, they care and they listen. I had the opportunity to spend a good amount of time with the owner of Shop-Ware in the beginning and since have seen the entire staff emulate her approach to customer care. I have never experienced customer service remotely close to this.

Pros

Customer interaction, ease of use, ACCURATE inventory, superb customer support, uncanny reception to customer input, hi-tech image for any level shop, incredible customer reception, true gross profit optimization, user friendly, and reasonable terms with no contracts. They believe, as I do, that if you like the software, you’ll never leave hence, no contracts.

Cons

Still new and a few growing pains but really, very few, and they are punching through real working updates and features at the speed of light.

Vinnie L.

CoAuto loves Shopware & you will too

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Overall experience has been great, we have been with Shop-Ware for many years now and seen many improvements along the way.

Pros

Ease of use from the digital inspection process & building estimates to the text to pay feature & text approval process we love what Shop-Ware offers. The customer support is always fast, friendly and helpful. Very client friendly, ease of use for clients is a plus. One system takes care of what we used to need 2 or 3 systems for.

Cons

Lack of ability to add text or symbols to photos, hard to navigate the initial approval process for clients, no texting options, cannot delete duplicated parts, cores being a separate part vs included in the same line.
Estimator hours could be improved by using a better estimator, the hours are off when compared to Alldata.

Shop4D and Tekmetric

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Ease of use, digital inspection process was difficult to manage, needed multiple platforms to be efficient.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Price, customer service, ease of use
Matt C.

Game Changer

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

They initial switch over to Shop-Ware was the most difficult part. But once everyone was trained and use to using it on a daily basis is has made work flow easier and productivity smoother all around. We've never looked back!

Pros

The software allows for best transparency and communication between or staff and the customers.
A lot of our new customer complement on how convenient the program is to use on there end, and how it makes the transaction of getting information about their vehicle to them much easier than other shops they haveused in the past.

Cons

The software is being updated with new features on a regular basis, which is also good. But the updates can sometimes cause bugs or glitches when they are released, Which cause confusion during regular use.

Pat S.

Excellent Shop Management System

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

Our overall experience with Shop-Ware has been wonderful. From the sales side, to the implementation and transition, to the support side - we are very happy. We fully believe that to be successful in our business we need the best people and the best tools available, and Shop-Ware has proven to be just that. It has helped us grow our business!

Pros

Customer review of work order including technician's notes, photos and videos is wonderful. Puts the customer at ease and allows full control of their decisions. Parts integration is wonderful; 6 vendors at the touch of one button rather than individual phone calls, websites and passwords. Digital Vehicle Inspections is also great.

Cons

Reporting is a little on the light side; data can be found and manipulated with a little effort.

Ryan S.
  • Industry: Automotive

Continuous improvement and responsive customer support team.

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

Our company demo-ed many different systems before making the choice to go with software. The time that we first tried the Shop-Ware demo to when we made the leap was over 18 months, and after detailed examination of at least 4 SMS/ POS options.

Pros

This is a system designed by a high performance business, and has great usability at many different scales. The structure of the system lends itself well to seamless information transfer from the back of the shop to the front, and out to customers. Software updates arrive pretty consistently with truly usable features.

Cons

Some of the modules are a little under-developed. Internal notes vs external notes need to be a thing. The inventory module needs more flexibility for any business with a high volume of inventory. The integrated labor guide is poor, requiring us to maintain separate subscriptions for labor times without a direct integration.

Shop4D and ALLDATA

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Lack of live information transfer between office staff and technicians, inefficient data input for meaningful reporting.
Phil C.

Transparency realized

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

Amazing company to work with and grow with. Customer service is unmatched.

Pros

Shop-Ware is easy to learn, clean, collaborative, easy for clients to interact with and improves productivity. Love it!!!!

Cons

I wish that we found it sooner. It has been very helpful for our growing business.

Protractor.NET and Tekmetric

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

I wanted a modern solution to software with Multi-Shop operations that was clean and easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

The interface is very intuitive and the customer service was so awesome.
Justin B.

We love Shop-Ware!

Reviewed on 2019/07/26

We love the ease and speed of it, the best part is being able to share with customers pictures and notes.

Pros

shop-ware is very easy to use and learn and is extremely up to date. Making the switch from an old platform which didn't seem like it was updated since 2005 to Shop-Ware helped with speed of service and modernizing how we do things. One of our favorite parts is the ability to take pictures and notes and the ease of being able to send it to the customer. The parts ordering process is quite nice and easy as well.

Cons

The reports could be a little easier to pull data from and it would be nice if they could make them accessible to read through the software and not to have to use Excel or Google Sheets.

Mike M.
  • Industry: Automotive

Demo'ed many auto management programs, Shop-Ware is the best fit

Reviewed on 2020/03/07

After hours training was very helpful. Had questions after going live, Shop-ware was a phone call away.

Pros

Shop-Ware seemed overwhelming (like many management programs) at first, but after 2 hours training I was ready to go live. Creating and sharing estimates with customers is simple and fairly quick.

Cons

I am not not a paperless shop (yet). My tech and I still like to write notes on work orders. Other that printing a screen shot of the work order, there is no option to print a work order for a technician. The screen shot contains all pricing and etc the tech does not need to see.