Steve J.

ICON Has Been A Blessing

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

We were users of Logos for ten years. After they were bought out their customer service really declined and then they went downhill from that. We found out they were going out of business on a text support call. The customer service team never got in touch with us. When we finally sorted things out we were faced with grossly higher costs and a costly paid data transition. We began a new evaluation process and selected ICON as it met our needs at a very good price point. We upgraded from an old, thick client system that was cumbersome to a fantastic web based set of tools. The data transition was simple and we had a great experience getting started with ICON. We love the functionality and reporting.

Pros

The software is built with intuitive and simple to use graphical user interfaces (GUI). The layout of the GUI are well thought out and make the user experience pleasant and simple. The ability to move seamlessly between them heightens the experience. Whether it is managing families, people, giving or accounting functions, ICON has been a great upgrade for us from our prior software.

Cons

There are a few layout issues where the experience could be improved. The good news is that when we mention them the ICON Team listens and we have already seen improvements in the short time we have aubscribed.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the kind words, Steve! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you on board with IconCMO.

Doreen E.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

I Tell all my colleges about Icon!

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

Love the auto import for our Vanco system, and getting them in each day.
very easy to access out of the office and is safe and secure for our guests.

Pros

What I like most is the customer service. The team is very helpful when you call and they pick up the phone (no answer machine). They were helpful with the set up and anytime I call.
I have liked all the reports I have, they seem very easy for members to read.

Cons

One item we could use in the software is the grade in school is not listed.
Emailing the guests is not the best, emails going out work well, just can't reply or do a reply all on the group.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the kind words, Doreen! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Gabrielle W.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

IconCMO is the way to go!

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

We have been using IconCMO for years, and will continue to use it as our organization grows! Great customer service and tech support!

Pros

The customer service and tech support is always very quick to respond and fix issues and problems for us. The software is easy to use, and provides update notifications with in-depth detail on new features.

Cons

There are some features I wish were easier to utilize. Such as in-software text or email, newsletters, and attendance.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the kind words, Gabrielle! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Roy B.

Efficient and effective

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Very responsive and helpful even with accounting rules and guidelines that really isn't their job. Any question receives timely and patient responses with effective accounting standards built into the software.

Pros

Accessibility and security are very effective and easy to put in place.

Cons

No issues, really never had a problem that wasn't fixed almost immediately.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Roy! We appreciate your feedback.

Cynthia B.

Good experience with IconCMO

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

Pros

Without a doubt, IconCMO's customer service is the best I've encountered. We’ve always found them willing to take time, very knowledgeable and friendly, easy to contact by phone or email, and incredibly responsive. If they can’t answer our question immediately, they get back quickly, almost always that day. They even willingly consider suggestions and have made multiple enhancements to help solve our needs.

IconCMO is web based so we can use it wherever there’s an internet connection. They allow an unlimited number of users, even at the same time, without any extra charge. Working collaboratively or in parallel from different locations is invaluable.

Another feature we appreciate is emailing contribution statements. It saves the time and expense of snail-mailing and our congregants get their statements instantaneously.

IconCMO is a very robust system that does an excellent job of addressing our accounting needs. Its amazing flexibility allows us to tailor the system to our own congregation's operations. We use a large number of funds, one for each fundraiser, committee, and social justice effort and each has its own budget, income tracking, and record of expenses, so it’s easy to see how each is doing at any point. Once an activity is complete, it’s easy to transfer the proceeds of the activity to the General Fund or disburse it to the appropriate organization. Other congregations may not want as many funds, but IconCMO allows each to design their own.

Cons

Probably due to its great flexibility, IconCMO is not that intuitive. Their Help and Support Forum are useful and their customer service is superb but some people find it a little hard to navigate their way around.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the kind words, Cyndy! We appreciate your feedback.

Cindy K.

keeps accurate track of our membership, allows peace of mind knowing that our records are...

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Secure membership management and an excellent Customer Support team.

Would love to have someone come to a Synod Conference and demo and train other churches and admins on this software.

Pros

IconCMO support team is the absolute greatest, quick to respond and always willing to help until any issue is resolved. Love the Vanco import option.

Having experienced computer issues and various on site backup drive issues when I first began as Admin, I told the church Board of Management that I would only stay if we kept IconCMO!

Cons

We would prefer if when a window was open it wasn't partially covered up by the side bar or another window. This has become a major frustration.

That the app no longer is supported.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Cindy. We appreciate your feedback!

Not sure what you mean when you say a window is covered by the side bar or another window. Could you please send a screenshot?

We do have a new iPhone app and one for Android as well! Drop us an email and we'll send you download links.

Please let us know who we should contact about doing some training at a Synod conference. That sounds like an excellent idea.

Kristin S.

Daily User of ICON

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

ICON has helped us as a church to better organize and track our financials, data management, mailings, emails, communication etc.

Pros

The software is very user friendly an easy to learn. I started using ICON a little over a year ago, learned it as I went along. It was and easy very easy to use and figure out. If I get stuck customer support is right there to help!!!

Cons

Not much. The people at ICON have been making changes that continue to improve the product. When I begin to think there might be an easier way to do something-it seems like ICON is making the change.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the kind words, Kristin! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Tina F.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

I use the ICON software to stay in touch with people in our church, shut-ins, & missionary...

Reviewed on 2017/07/20

It is easy to access information. It is easy for different staff members to access the same information. I have a lot of confidence in the security of the information. It helps with our bookkeeping (tracking donations.) It helps our office to run smoothly, because it is easy to create address labels for various group mailers, and monthly birthday cards. It helps us create reports on membership, baptisms, births & deaths.

Pros

Personally, I like how easy it is to create address labels for different groups of people. I know our bookkeeper loves how easy it is to create end of the year giving reports. I also LOVE that any time I have a technical question, I get a real, live, extremely knowledgeable person to help me.

Cons

Sometimes when I am inputting information about a family or member, I make notes. What I wish is that somewhere on the Household form, either the note itself showed up or at least there was a link telling me that a notes had been created.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Tina. We appreciate your feedback!

Julie R.

Complete Church Database

Reviewed on 2017/07/20

Ease of sharing the program between the Office, Pastor and Faith Formation Director

Pros

We have been using IconCMO for almost 4 years and have found it to be a dependable database and contribution tracking tool. Whenever I have a question on where to find certain reports I have had very good support from Customer Service; usually get a response within an hour and they are very knowledgeable about the functions of the program. I did find it cumbersome when I first began using it but after using it for several months I found it much easier to use.

Cons

The location of some items I find to be in strange locations but overall a very good program. In the contributions portion of the software I wish it was easier to review the batch before posting so that errors in posting could be minimized.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Julie. We appreciate your feedback!

Linda H.

Comprehensive, Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

We use IconCMO on a daily basis and each of us can navigate the site well for our own purposes. Easy to get reports, check addresses, attendance and status of our congregation.

Pros

Easy to use for all staff, whether checking status of church member, adding new members, updating attendance or printing reports.

Cons

Some changes are made to the software with little explanation and updates are not always user-friendly for everyone. But questions/problems are answered swiftly.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the kind words, Linda! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with some of the updates. Be sure to keep an eye on your inbox. We send out an email couple of weeks with details about the updates and before and after screen shots.

Shanon H.

Wonderful customer support

Reviewed on 2018/11/08

I am putting together our church's new directory with ICON; until now it was done outside our office. Great!

Pros

I have been doing some new things with our church's ICON software and have been calling for tech support. I have found that whoever answers on the other end of the line has been professional, polite, patient, and very knowledgeable about the ICON system's features and functions. Because of this great support, I am able to use this software in new ways.

Cons

The only thing that comes to mind is that I am unable to print a directory with member info AND their picture together in the same file.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the kind words, Shanon! We appreciate your feedback.

We recently added contact information to the picture directory--I think you'll like it! :)

Julie B.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Well done, easy to learn and great staff as well

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

Overall the system is great, easy use in all aspects, it does well in all areas of service for the church and if we do have an issue the service desk is always happy to help us.

Pros

I like the ease of use for the most part. There are still a few items that need to "cleaned" up but for the most part this program is quick and easy to learn.

Cons

I don't like that you have to enter the same information twice in certain places. (ie: phone numbers, emails)I don't like how difficult it is to join/sep. a family. WHEW! However, I was told to call whenever we need to do this so a step is not missed and they don't mind, GREAT help desk!!

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the kind words, Julie! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

Carol P.

ICON support is the best!

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Their support people are very knowledgeable, and consistently prompt with answers to questions. It's an affordable product with lots of functionality.

Pros

There are many things to like about the software, such as the report that you can generate that puts households with adults having different last names together, the ease in switching between household and member records, the ability to email statements to donors easily, and more.

I also want to comment that the customer support I receive is outstanding.

Cons

It is not considered easy to learn by the folks I work with, and if you don't work with it regularly, it can be easy to forget how to find what you need.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Carol! We appreciate your feedback.

Max Y.

I have found this software performs well and is very well suited for churches small and large.

Reviewed on 2017/08/13

Pros

This software (service) requires no additional software installation to maintain. It is multi user and can be accessed any where there is an internet connection. There is no need to worry about backups or recovery in the event of hardware failures. The accounting part of this service is designed for fund accounting which works well for churches and other non-profits that need fund accounting. This service also provides several ways to handle contributions statements. I would describe it as a very well thought out and implemented service.

Cons

I have found that some of the accounting reports could provide a few options that would allow the user to configure them to get exactly what they want. Another thing that could be improved upon is the envelope selection in the enter contribution process. This is designed assuming you are using envelopes. For those who don't use envelopes a different way of selecting the contributor would greatly improve this process.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Max. We appreciate your feedback!

Doris H.

First Baptist Church

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

My overall experience has been very good.

Pros

This software helps us to quickly tract our membership. We are able to assign members to different groups within our organization. It makes keeping tract quite easy. I also like on line backup so that you never lose your data.

Cons

I prefer a manual that I can keep on my desk.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the kind words, Doris! We appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have you as a customer.

We do have setup guides that you can print and keep at your desk. You can find them under "Getting Started" when you're logged into your account or email [email protected] and we'll be happy to send them to you!

Janice M.

I have been using this software for a number of years and find it quite satisfactory.

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

Pros

Ease of use. The ability to keep everything in one place. Use for finance, contributions and keeping track of our members. Able to generate a large number of reports that are helpful to numerous committees.

Cons

This is not a knock on the software, but we don't use the vendor and cheque generating function due to the size of our church. Think it would streamline things even more if we were to utilize.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Janice. We appreciate your feedback!

It's super easy to input the vendors and order checks! Please call or email if you'd like to set that up.

Larry V.

Time Saving software

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

The capture of contributions is very important to my position as Church Financial Secretary. CMO makes my entry process very simple and fast. I love the distribution button so I can add one donation and then divide into the specified funds. The end of year statement process only takes a few seconds to generate statements. Great program.

Pros

I love the ability to collect a vast amount of data and then be able to present that information in many ways to meet our church needs. I love the fact that the company is constantly improving the product and list to the users needs.

Cons

There are many different reports but the location for different ones are found in different places. It would be great to have a general report tab and then a drop down menu showing categories then drop down showing the specific reports. I don't always remember where some reports are since I don't run all of them often.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Larry! We appreciate your feedback.

Josh S.

Great Database for Congregations of Every Size

Reviewed on 2019/02/24

Pros

This software makes managing the church database easy. You can find the information you are looking for fast and easy. Also, every one who needs access can get access to the information in the database. The reports and graphs are great for showing people what is happening in the congregation. Also, groups can be created, so targeted e-mails and text messages can be sent.

Cons

It took our congregation a long time to get the software up and running.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Pastor Josh! We appreciate your feedback.

Sandra B.

ICON systems is super easy to support and maintain.

Reviewed on 2017/07/25

Pros

ICON is a comprehensive software that covers most all administrative, accounting, and volunteer functions. As an admin, it's super easy to train existing and new staff. The documentation is easy to follow and customize for our church. Embedded tips and a helpful support forum are also available. If you've got a question, more than likely someone else has already posted it and received a response from ICON support staff. I also like that ICON is proactive about suggestions. Often, there are new features or improvements based on customer feedback. Additionally, I like the newsletters from ICON, especially the stories that humanize the support staff.

Cons

I wish there were more options in the partner marketplace (e.g., online giving). I also wish there were regional user groups and support staff.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Sandra. We appreciate your feedback!

John S.

I use just the People and Contribution sections

Reviewed on 2017/07/26

It keeps track of our membership and its giving histories.

Pros

The flexibility I have to review the accuracy of my work and the relative ease I have to make corrections

Cons

Why do I have to scroll down long list of years to get to 2017? Also, I prefer your old fonts to the new ones.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, John. We appreciate your feedback!

We don't automatically roll the date forward because we can't know if/when someone has finished working in a particular year. Every year you'll need to go to the Organization: Preferences: Personal window and set your fiscal year to the current year.

John L.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

We looked at many packages and this won in almost every category

Reviewed on 2017/07/20

Accuracy of our statement and better tracking of members and friends

Pros

The cloud based approach that ICON provides is exactly what we needed for our small church. Having multiple users able to access it from home, or even mobile devices is perfect for us.

Cons

Can't customize reports easily. For instance, the P-L should have a line for Operating Income/Loss, that ignores investment activities. I manually add that every month to our statements

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, John. We appreciate your feedback!

Bob Z.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

I have learned how to make the software work for me and can generate most reports that I need.

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

It beats the socks of of QuickBooks when it comes to non-profit/fund accounting.

Pros

I think that it does a great job of doing the work of Non-Profit Accounting. I love that everything is in the cloud. I also like how easy it is to set up different funds and how the main chart of accounts can be used by any fund.

Cons

If I want to change the comment section on a check, payable, deposit or receivable I have to delete the entire transaction and start over.

The payroll section taxes each rate card individually instead of calculating the entire pay for an individual and then calculating the tax. We have several people that are paid out of many different categories and this causes the withholding taxes to be terribly short.

Accounts receivable. I appreciated the recent improvement but I don't know why the payments have to applied directly to each item purchased. We are a school and families purchase many different things.

We have several different checking accounts. If I accidentally record a deposit into an incorrect checking account I cannot go into GL-Register and repair it. I have to delete the entire transaction and reenter it.

I wish that the payroll section would print out the actual W2s, W3s, 1099s. and Quarterly Federal 941s. It is a hassle to have to go to the IRS websites and reenter all of the employee information.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Bob. We appreciate your feedback!

Tim W.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Works great in most aspects. Payroll is its weak point

Reviewed on 2017/07/21

Pros

Easy to read reports. Pretty easy to navigate and understand as long as you have basic accounting skill. Don't need to be CPA to use. Does have fail safes to prevent bad entries

Cons

Payroll deductions are a little challenging and doesn't link to a electronic deposit. Can't split accounts when changing a account on a posted expense. Same thing when changing a fund cant split the fund.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Tim. We appreciate your feedback!

Frances C.

Wonderful staff have always been helpful the numerous times I've called.

Reviewed on 2017/07/31

Pros

It's great and easy to work with when you know what you're doing. Reports are easy for finance committee to read.

Cons

It's not helpful at all when you don't know where to find things. Every time I've called for help, the Icon staff has been courteous and readily available to lead me step by step. Thank God for them---otherwise I wouldn't have lasted 6 weeks with the program.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Frances. We appreciate your feedback!

Jolene R.

Contributions and Membership

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

Customer reps. have been wonderful to explain and help me figure out things. I am grateful for good customer support and ease in switching over to ICONCMO from Revelations.

Pros

I am a new user since September but a long time user of Revelations. We basically had to move to ICONCMO and asked many questions ahead of switching over. Even with the questions asked, you don't fully understand a program until you use it. I have to say it integrated very well from Revelations features to a more up to date program. I am still learning features everyday as a new user but so far, I like the ease of contributions and the import of the Vanco system. I really love emailing statements!

Cons

I don't have anything I like the least but just figuring out where to find different reports in this program has been a bit harder. But I email or call and get my answer. The more I use this program, the better I will be finding and using. I may know better next year at this time what I like the least.

Response from Icon Systems

Thank you for the review, Jolene! We appreciate your feedback and are grateful for the opportunity to work with you.