ComputerEase Cloud

Construction management software

Janis B.

Poor at Best

Reviewed on 2021/03/08

None, currently shopping for new software

Pros

There are no pluses for this software, many other better choices on the market

Cons

Not user friendly, does not work with any other programs, will not live 2 way integrate with other software packages

Annie M.

User friendly

Reviewed on 2020/11/17

Pros

The customer support is amazing, they will walk you through any issue you have.

Cons

Some parts seem a little outdated (the overall design) but updates are taking care of that.

Mark B.

Overall, very pleased to be using CE as our accounting software solution.

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

I had researched and implemented CE many years ago, when I was working in the commercial construction industry. When my current company (an industrial construction company) had the opportunity to use a different accounting solution, I recommended CE. I was very glad we made the switch and the recommendation was taken.

Pros

Very intuitive interface. Workflows are great for frequent operations. Good module interface between modules. Relatively easy to train others to use.

Cons

Some inflexibility when comes to the equipment module. Does not let us easily input our equipment use the way we use equipment. Would like equipment functionality in FieldEase.

Response from Donna

Hi Mark, we are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this note. To hear that you recommended ComputerEase to your new company from the researched you did years ago speaks volume. Please reach out to us with any suggestions or questions you may have. Thanks again, Donna, ComputerEase Representative

Beth T.

Great Construction Software - Lacking HR component however

Reviewed on 2017/03/20

This software would be complete if it contained the HRIS component.

Pros

Job set up, tracking, tax reports, AP & AR systems ease of use, GL accounting system, contract/subcontract/p.o. templates and ease of payroll.

Cons

Lacking the HRIS component - Had to purchase a separate HRIS (Human Resource Information System) through BambooHR that our employees could log into to track their time off, for benefit enrollment and tracking and for supervisors/foreman to perform performance evaluations and post job openings.

Amy F.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

This product gives you several ways to set up and track work items. Some jobs you want more detail and others not so much. You choose by job what info you want to track. It is great for small companies as you don't have to use all the features to get the info you want. You choose which modules you want and only pay for those and not others you don't need.

Pros

Practice company makes it easy to see if a journal entry etc. affects accounts as you thought it would do without changing anything in the live company.

Sheri L.

ComputerEase Construction Software

Reviewed on 2016/03/30

Pros

ComputerEase is easy to use and very intuitive. Offers numerous management, budgeting, costing tools & reports for tracking your production process from start to finish. Control Centers for Jobs and the other modules offer great charting and one stop viewing of all facets of a project.

Cons

Has all the essentials for accounting side, payroll, financial reporting etc. Would like more detailed payroll report options for historical purposes. But overall it does a great job.

Heidi M.

Valuable

Reviewed on 2017/12/12

Pros

This software had made our construction business much more profitable because we have the tools to review all aspects of our building process.

Cons

Takes time to learn all the ins and outs of a new software program. Because it can do so much it takes a while to learn.

Response from Donna

Hi Heidi, thank you for writing a review about ComputerEase. Being a small company, most of our customers are referred to us by existing customers. Potential customers want to hear that they can review all the aspects of their business. Just like you and your company, they understand that this is an important aspect of having a successful and profitable business. Let us know if there is someone we should reach out to. Thanks again, Donna, ComputerEase Representative

Jeremy M.

This fulfills all of our accounting needs.

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Pros

This program works as described. It takes a good deal of set up time but that's to be expected. Overall a great product.

Cons

I don't have any major complaints about this software. As I said it works pretty much as described.

Response from Donna

Hi Jeremy, thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave your review on Software Advice. Two of our key values here at ComputerEase is customer satisfaction and providing a great product. Hearing from you that our product is great lets us know that we are doing just that. We look forward to serving you and your company. Please feel free to contact us if you need anything! Thanks again, Donna, ComputerEase Representative

Lyndon L.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

ComputerEase saves the day

Reviewed on 2018/09/23

It really works well in small scale company, but like us it has a struggling the need of project manager.

Pros

This software is easy to use and it helps your company to improve your existing process and there customer service is so great , they teach you things that you may not know step by step also they has also the answers on your problems .They know there product well.

Cons

there is no way you can directly export your works to Microsoft excel and in terms of scheduling its better to use MS project maybe limiting some field in 10 words also make it hard to use.

Keith S.

Great next step from Quickbooks

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Solid accounting program that lets me know how my projects are doing and helps me manage my cash flow.

Pros

Really is a great accounting program that handles multi-state payroll, Prevailing wage, and AIA billing. Customizable reports - Qtools are great. Revised estimates, WIP, job cost summary reports are great. Time card app integration works great. It has its shortcomings but I have yet to find anything that is a no brainer for a replacement.

Cons

The added PM module leaves you wanting more. should integrate with more third-party apps. Field Ease also leaves you wanting more. The service module is terrible. It has been a while since any substantial updates

Lesley H.

Reviewed on 2012/05/16

We are a 400 employee mechanical contractor serving the Midwestern US. We specialize in large commercial, medical and industrial construction. We currently have 60 users using ComputerEase everyday. Project manager, foreman and service technicians enter their time daily via the FieldEase web-based timesheet system. Project managers are also able to access real time job data by accessing the web with iPad, iPhone or any web enabled device. Our invoices are routed electronically and approved by project managers using their web browsers. This has saved so much time.

Job costs are now updated daily, in real time processing. Project managers can now turn on a dime to correct job problems. Productivity at the job site has gone up considerably. Duplicate work and most errors have been eliminated. It used to take 4 employees two days to process payroll, thanks to FieldEase we have 1 person monitoring time entry and have cut payroll processing to 1/2 day. We switched from our old system to ComputerEase because of their excellent remote processing capabilities using web-based tools. I have to say the ComputerEase support personnel are real team players and promptly work on solving our problems.

David S.

Reviewed on 2013/10/29

I have used Computer Ease for more than 10 years. During this time, I have used all of its capabilities except inventories and project management. I had great results in areas like job costing, payroll, accounts payable & receivable, and general ledger (financial reporting).

One of the features that helped me a lot, especially after having experienced the software, was the capability to prepare reports that I could download into Excel spreadsheets. This feature worked like query reports; I was able to go into the database, select fields, make calculations, and then present them in the most convenient way according to the purpose or goal.

I would like to highlight the fact that at the time of analyzing job cost, I haven't seen data better summarized or presented in an easier way than the one that ComputerEase provides: simple, to the point, and able to show totals by invoices from vendors and sub-contractors.

I highly recommend this software for its features and price, which was very affordable.

Michale K.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Do not Purchase

Reviewed on 2017/08/18

Do more research and find a user friendly program

Cons

Features that are included in the system do not work, some examples
The feature that allows you to edit a posted invoice does not work
In payroll in the sick time accruals there is an item maximum hours per year, you can enter a number but it does not warn you if they go over.
The ability to enter a general enter with the date in a different period, you should be warned of the date difference.
You should be able to edit a general entry once it is posted if there is an error, rather than having to reverse and re enter.
I have found that if you make a suggestion to programming they will be happy to correct it if you would like to pay but are slow to correct errors otherwise. I am sure once you pay for it they will be happy to include it in the up date.
There are are other examples that I have not included

Jeffrey J.

Computerease Review

Reviewed on 2016/06/07

Pros

My latest experiences with Computerease and my sales person has been very frustrating as we purchase service and additional modules with training and technical help. When we call for this help or email,I get billed.

Cons

Support from the vendor. I have tried to figure out the new modules that we spent a lot of money to help us and have not been successful. This if very frustrating.

Michale K.

Just getting started

Reviewed on 2016/11/17

So far the software seems to do the job. Trainer is good, need more training time and it should be included

Pros

Like that it is integrated with field service

Cons

Do not include enough training time and you have to pay for additional time, for the price it should be included, a least a significant portion

Malia J.

10.4.16

Reviewed on 2016/10/04

I have been in the construction field for over 20 years and this is by far the best software I have used.

Pros

Ease! Also the reporting ability is so robust!
My WIP takes me 2 hours at the most! (8mil in revenue.)

Cons

I don't believe there is any!

Jerssie B.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Reviewing ComputerEase

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

Pros

what I love about this, is you can actually monitor your projects in terms of budgeting, tracking your workflow. It's conveniently easy to use!

Cons

So far it works fine!...they have online customer support that you can reach whenever you have questions.

Lacey M.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2016/11/16

Everything is there at your fingers tips to provide you with the most up to date information on job cost, inventory, payroll, and accounting.

Pros

Very user friendly.

Cons

I don't like that you cannot edit general ledger posts.

Christina M.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Very nice

Reviewed on 2017/02/01

Had to train for a week but once I started it was fine

Pros

easy to use

Cons

nione

Dawn R.

Powerful Software

Reviewed on 2014/08/12

Pros

The training folks are very accommodating in scheduling training to fit my needs.

Cons

Price. It's a bit expensive, but the payback from the time saved will eventually pay for itself.

Christopher M.

Reviewed on 2012/04/25

When you first view the product it may not be the prettiest of the bunch but after using it for several months I must say, it's very functional. I love that they are a smaller company and are always taking suggestions for improvements. They quickly release these improvements on their next update. My only gripe is sometimes waiting to hear back from customer service, but other then that, the product has been great!

Joe A.

ComputerEase ERP for Construction

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

Good ERP software for those smaller construction companies looking to get off of Quickbooks or other accounting packages. Many good features out of the box, including scheduling, field time reporting, etc.

Pros

Good fit for smaller to midsized construction company. Many upgraded features for the price.

Cons

FoxPro Database, not good for multi-entity

Response from Zach

Thank you for your comments, Joe, but we feel the need to correct you: we do not, nor have we ever, used a FoxPro database. We’re not sure where you got that information, and in fact we weren’t able to find your company in our database of customers and users. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us!

Micah S.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

It bright my time!

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

What i like the most is it gave me opportunity to study angain and learn more according what i want course.

Cons

As of now there's nothing serious issue about using this, you just need always internet connection to connect to your class.

Donna B.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Computer Ease

Reviewed on 2016/11/10

The product will make manpower hours reduce and save the company money.

Pros

Will cut time on manual manpower

Sam P.

Works from anywhere

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

I enjoy expense ease more than our last software which was sage. I like being able to use the software when not in the office.

Pros

Ours is cloud based so we are able to use it anywhere with internet connection.

Cons

That you can only use it from desktop or laptop. I wish we were able to use it from an ipad or iphone.