Groomsoft

4,8 (29)
User friendly cloud based pet grooming software

Tammy j B.

Easy and Functional

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Great! Love the software and the customer service is excellent.

Pros

It is easy to use and customize for every groomer by color coding.

Cons

The cost of text message reminders is kinda high, but so is every other scheduling software.

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Tammy,

Adys M.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

I'm Loving this program the more I learn

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

My experience with Groomsoft has been excellent and I will refer your software to others.

Pros

The software itself is very easy with a little help on how certain things work its a great software. I needed something that had everything in one program and this one did still needing the online booking and its is complete great for the money!. and I have been shopping with 123Pets, Gingr, MoeGo and Pawfinity which which was much higher in price and some didn't even have Forms template in them.. Very useful might i add.

Cons

The only problem i see at this time is Groomsoft doesn't have online booking :(.. for most of us groomers we need this its important!

Gingr, DaySmart Pet and MoeGo

Reasons for Switching to Groomsoft

I will tell you that rep is an amazing customer service representative extremely quick to address an issue or to just help you learn how it works he has a lot of patients. This is the reason i'm upgrading and staying with Groomsoft! If you don't have good customer services people just leave and go somewhere else. !

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Adys,

Thank you for the great review. Online appointments will be available soon. :-)
-The Groomsoft Team

Samantha L.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Very easy to use with lots of features and not as expensive as the others.

Reviewed on 2021/12/14

I am very happy with Groomsoft. It has taken me about 5 years to try out others, including that one which seems to be number one. The customer service is great and really helpful. It is cheaper than others but I have the most basic one and it ticks almost all my needs.

Pros

It looks good and has many features needed for a dog groomer. Bookings, mailings and spots to put in photos, documents, tick the boxes where vaccinations belong. It also reminds yourself and your clients if the vaccinations are going out of date. Very helpful indeed. Customer service is great and speedy! They respond to emails and facebook comments too. Reminders are sent out automatically which is great.

Cons

There are a few things missing that is a wee bug bear. No link to facebook bookings or google calendar, nor is there an android app. We get around the app issue by keeping a shortcut of the webpage, but it's not easy to navigate around. I still use either FB or Google calendar to book if I am away from my pc, so some bridge between these and Groomsoft would help. I also wish there was an inventory spot.

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for the great review we really appreciate our subscribers taking time out of their busy days to write them for us. Please contact us with any questions you might have or if you need some help with anything.

The Groomsoft Team
Have a wonderful holiday!

Denise C.

Groomer Software

Reviewed on 2021/02/17

So far really good
No issues,easy to see on screen
Well appointed and all employees like it

Pros

Easy to use all employees like it have had zero issues

Cons

Nothing so far not inly myself using it everyone is able to

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Denise,

Thank you for your great review. Please do not hesitate to call us with any questions. :-)

-The Groomsoft Team

Janis J.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Groomsoft is 4 stars!!!

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Immediate reminders without having to do anything but put the appointment on the calendar. Picture of dogs are incorporated in the client's information.

Pros

It is easy to use but even more importantly, customer servi ce is AMAZING!!! They answer questions quickly and help you in any way possible. I am extremely impressed and so happy I switched from another software that was expensive and I couldn't use half of it.

Cons

I wish it could be integrated with the google calendar so I didn't have to do things twice. Eventually we may use the calendar by itself but right now we are set in our ways with Google.

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Janis,
Thank you for the great review! We are here to help!
-The Groomsoft Team

Shelley M.

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

I have had an overall positive experience with Groomsoft. The prices have been reasonable in comparison to other subscription prices. I would highly recommended to anyone that is running a grooming business. It is paperless, a good place to store grooming instructions, and record pass grooms comments. As well as, incidents and customer complaints to avoid future issues with clients. It allows you to set appointments anywhere (mobile phone, home computer, etc). It is a good place to keep track of finances. It easy to see at a glance from month to month and year to year how well the business is doing. In the past, if I had a problem it was easy to get someone from customer support on the phone to walk me through my issues.

Pros

I have been using Groomsoft for over over three years. It is easy to use and train employees to use. It allows us to keep track of customers, prices, pass and present groom instructions, incidents, and comments.

Cons

Can be confusing to set recurring appointments. Especially when a customer ask for their next appointment. If a customer cancels or changes a recurring appointment it is hard to reset the appointments or restart the appointments from that time on.

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Shelley,

Thank you for the great review it really helps us make Groomsoft better for everyone.

Debra N.

Groomsoft for Small Grooming Salon

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

It is fairly easy to use. Quite basic but for a small business it is adequate. The customer service is very good and Representative is VERY quick to reply when contacted.

Pros

Quite customizable, I can keep a lot of information on the client and pet, as well as unlimited photos and information about each groom on each client's pet. I also like that I can enter the services/fees and have it all calculated for me, including separating out tips and I think the "reports" are very good.

Cons

1) I really dislike not being able to put just a birth year in for a cat. Many clients do not know when their cats were born as not all are purebred...many are from shelters. I have to skip that entry and put a birth year in the "notes" and then I am unable to quickly glance at the cat's age on future visits - I have to look at the date of their first visit and calculate from the year to the present to see their age. I would like to be able to put:
- day/month/year OR month/year OR year and have it automatically show me their age each time I enter a new appointment.

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Debra,

Katie W.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great Program!

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Overall we have been very happy with Groomsoft. I love that you take suggestions and upgrade it regularly

Pros

The ability to make appointments anywhere and any time. I can easily see what is booked for which groomer at a glance. It really is very easy to use once you learn it. The customer service, as rarely as Ive used it, is fantastic and fast.

Cons

It takes a little while to figure out all the ins and outs. I feel like some things are a little repetitive and others are not as useful as they could be. I love the idea of the waiting list but am finding that if i move an appointment as opposed to creating a new one, it stays on the waiting list. I also would love to change the time that the reminder texts go out and haven't been able to figure that out.

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Katie,

Thank you for the great review. :-)

A team member from support will be emailing you so we can better understand your experience while using the waiting list and help answer your question about changing the appointment reminder times.

Eri T.

Precious Groomsoft!

Reviewed on 2019/09/12

Pros

Its quite efficient! Life saver. We are a team of 4 groomers and we all are very satisfied on how easily we can set up appointments keep grooming notes, and super easy access to read previous grooming notes, upload pictures of doggies, running commission and tips reports, tender a transaction is wow!! its all there.!!

Cons

The only thing missing is online booking feature. I use square appointments and its a pain updating appointments to groomsoft. When will it be available?

Response from Groomsoft

HI Eri,

Thank you for the great review. We are always working to add more features to Groomsoft and online booking is on our list for 2019. Please call us at 866-677-0909 or email us at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Judy N.
  • Industry: Animation

Love this iCloud appointment service

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

This software became available approximately 1.5 years after I started my business. Lifesaver! I was so tired of all the laborious record keeping I needed to do on calendars, spread sheets - Keeping handwritten grooming notes on cards etc. I always felt things were incomplete. Groomsoft saved my sanity and I gained confidence. Always a glance away is the schedule and details needed for grooming my furry clients.

Pros

It is easy to use and can be accessed through all of my smart devices as well as the desktop computer. Away from the grooming shop, no problem I can set appointments on the fly if I receive texts or phone calls from clients.

Cons

Can not say there's any thing I feel negative about.

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Judy,

Wendy M.

Great Program

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

I have nothing bad to say at all. When I have ever had an issue, or even an idea , I email Groom soft and get a response with in hours. They fix the problem or help me fix it, and they actually look at the ideas that I have submitted and even put one to use. This is a great addition to your business.

Pros

This is easy to navigate and make changes. I love that there are so many things you can do with this other than just scheduling appointments

Cons

The help menu could use some work with subjects that or not common and if they are maybe a one word search for them.

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for your great review and feedback. :-)

Dawn P.

Groomsoft Review

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Been with Groomsoft for a few years now and so far so good!! Whenever I have a problem they get back to me right away and get the problem fixed as soon as possible. I would recommend Groomsoft.

Pros

It's easy to use and if you make a mistake on something it can be easily fixed. I like that I get a response from Groomsoft right away when I have a question or problem. It has everything you need to keep track of your business needs for grooming.

Cons

Still could use some updates (to be able to split tips and add multiple groomer to one dog)

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Dawn,

Thank you for the good review. :-)

Michelle A.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2020/01/23

My overall experience with Groomsoft is great, however, I think it is funny that the sex of the pet changed to gender as a selection instead of male or female. None of the dogs I have groomed have told me they feel like a different sex than they were born. That's just a human thing. It's silly that gender is a selection for a pet. Ha ha.

Pros

I can design my own work orders
Affordable price

Cons

Text reminders are not included in the basic price, It cost more money to have text reminders for my clients.

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for the great review.

Melissa F.

Groomsoft is Awesome!

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

Pros

Groomsoft is easy to use and is very useful in many ways with my pet grooming business. Making appointments and especially the reminder feature is awesome! They listen to your ideas and make changes and updates all the time. Helpful online help with any issue you may have. FB Community page is great too.

Cons

Nothing bad to say!! If you dont like something then let them know!

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Melissa, Thank you for the excellent review. We really appreciate it.

-The Groomsoft Team

Loel M.

Mobile Grooming by Loel in Walnut Creek, California

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Great from the get go!

Pros

The flexibility and the responsiveness of the staff. I love the color coding which I actually use for charting my routes.

Cons

I have wanted to make a note in a client’s appointment that only applies to that day – rather than having to go through a more formal process of entering it under client notes or pet notes. This would be a handy addition to the appointment scheduler.

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Loel,

Thank you for the excellent review and the suggestion. :-)

-The Groomsoft Team

Beth T.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

We have been using GS for 3 years and live it.

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

Pros

Price is great. Easy to use. In 3 years it has never been down except for once and that was only for about 20 minutes. Great customer service.

Cons

When printing the receipt I wish it had the groomers name on it. I also wish it would let you edit the text messages sent out because I don't want them to reply back.

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Beth,

Thank you for the excellent review. I added your comments below to a list we maintain for consideration on future updates to Groomsoft.

-The Groomsoft Team

Leigh W.

I love it

Reviewed on 2019/03/10

I love that I can access the program anywhere and at any time. The report features are super convenient. Text reminders are a God send! The new mass text feature is wonderful.

Pros

Its packed with features and is affordably priced!

Cons

Not being able to easily identify days off. Not being able to add multiple vacations, or individual vacation days.

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Leigh,

Thank you for the excellent review. :-)
Your suggestions are great and will help us make Groomsoft even better.

Carrie G.

Review for Groomsoft

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Pros

My business loves Groomsoft. It is very easy to use. The software often gets updated and I am always pleased with the new features. Dog grooming is a challenging schedule, so I am so pleased to find software that really understands how to navigate the complexities.

Cons

I like everything about the software. No complaints.

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Carrie,

Thank you for giving us an excellent review. :--)

-The Groomsoft Team

Jessica M.

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Pros

Great price, easy to use. Groomsoft helps me keep track of income, expenses, customers and appointments. Also sends reminders which cuts down on the number of no show appointments.

Cons

There are a few features that I would love to see added, however groomsoft is always improving its software.

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for the review. :-)

Please send your suggestions to our support team at [email protected]

Magda A.

Listening to the customer

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

Exceptional

Pros

This software is exactly what we need to keep our business in control and keep on growning, the team is amazing on listening to our suggestions and implementing them

Cons

Nothing we have been growing together, it has been a great experience

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Magda,

-The Groomsoft team

Joe I.

Great program

Very good

Pros

I like the ease of the program and the reports. I am a apsentee owner and with this program I can see everything that is being charged and how it was charged right on my phone. I can even book an appointment when the shop is closed with no problem.

Cons

I would like if it had a business program like quick books in the program

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the great review. :-)

Quick books integration is in development. If you have not done so already, join the Groomsoft Community Facebook group. The Groomsoft Community group will get the the latest news regarding Groomsoft and its a great place for Groomsoft subscribers to help each other.

The Groomsoft Team.

Michelle M.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Pros

Constantly updating to new and useful tools. Customer service is great. Easy to use. Great features.

Cons

I have ideas I wish I could implement myself. But I’m not a member of the tech team. Boo. Lol

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for the great review. :-)

We want to hear your ideas. Send an email to [email protected] or use the help menu option within Groomsoft to send us your suggestions.

The Groomsoft Team.

Chris B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

I love it but it’s annoying to go back to the appointment that was just checked out to switch to completed.
Checking out should switch it automatically to completed!!

Pros

Easy to use customer friendly but needs updates

Cons

Checking out, should automatically switch to completed

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the great review. We really appreciate it. :-)

When checking out an appointment the appointment status changes automatically to "Checked out". Groomsoft considers both Checked out and Completed appointments as the same.
To make it easier to see both Completed and Checkout Appointments you can give them the same status color.

Sheriese H.

How Groomsoft Rocks

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

I like that groomsoft adds up me numbers for me.....makes managing the IRS a lot easier.

Pros

I love all the different reports you have to chose from. I need to learn more about the expenses though.

Cons

I like all of it.....wth…..like I said, you Rock!!!!

Response from Groomsoft

Hi Sheriese,

John R.

Reviewed on 2019/01/27

Groomsoft has taken a lot of paperwork off of me and has given me a lot of time with my family back. Not having to remember to send reminders out every night is a blessing!

Pros

I love the SMS option. Customers love not having to remember, the software does it for them.

Cons

I wish that when a customer texted the reminder number we could get a notice somehow that someone had texted that number

Response from Groomsoft

Hi John,

Thank you for good review. :-)