Kartra

Kartra, the all-in-one business platform

Bernadette
Bernadette
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Settled with Kartra

Reviewed on 2022/05/16

I like how streamlined Kartra is. They now have the campaigns function which allows you to customize your campaigns by editing a pre-existing templates.

Pros

What I like most about Kartra is that it is a complete online software that allows us to market to our existing list.

Cons

It took time before they rolled out the quiz/survey function and even then, it is not yet very refined as we hoped it would be.

Ba
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

The #1 software for email marketing and automation I've used.

Reviewed on 2022/12/02

Overall, my experience with Kartra has been overwhelming positive. They have great customer service, quick to respond to questions, an awesome library of help articles with walk-thru videos and the system is constantly improving to offer more features and solutions for a growing business.

Pros

The features of Kartra are ever growing and they provide a host of customizable templates and pages to use to create everything from a website, to a sales funnel to lead capture and generation.

Cons

At $99/m for the Starter plan, the software can be a little pricy for a new company, but worth it if you can defer the cost from other products to have a all-in-one solution.

ActiveCampaign, Mailchimp and AWeber

Reasons for Choosing Kartra

Kartra gave me the features I needed, that were lacking in ActiveCampaign and AWeber with the help and support to make the switch possible.

ActiveCampaign and AWeber

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

I choose Kartra because I got the best of an email list builder, email marketing solution, marketing campaign builder, funner builder, website and Course Builder, which I was in search of. I could not ask for much more. Within a year of switching they added a Survey tool, which was my next need. They seem to anticipate what their customers need just when we need it.
Carly
  • Industry: Design

Buggy and poor support

Reviewed on 2021/06/10

It served its purpose when we were starting out but it's been extremely restrictive and poor customer service and support. Probably the worst decision we made was using kartra for our membership.

Pros

When we initially signed up, I liked how it was an all in one platform where we could host our membership aswel as sales funnels, emails etc.

Cons

Extremely buggy, constant issues, slow loading pages, membership interface is terrible ans Extremely restrictive. We had over 1700 members cancelled and revoked because of a kartra error and they said they couldn't do anything about it... 100% their error and nothing they can do.
Support has been bad over the last few years which has been super frustrating. For example if a customer incorrectly enters their email address, kartra blacklist them, you can only change the email address by contacting kartra, it can take days for them to change it, then another 24 hour to whitelist the email... by this time the customer just wants a refund as it takes forever.
We've tried everything to speed up our page loading speed but still Kartra is super slow.

If you want a very basic funnel builder, it may be ok but personally I'd choose an alternative.

Jacqui
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Constantly impressed

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

I find the more that I use Kartra, the more benefits I find and thought I look forward to passing much of the admin side of my business over to someone else soon, I also know it will be easy for them to learn how to use it.

Pros

I have found everything intuitive and easy to use, I recommend others looking for this type of software to come and use it. Whenever I have had technical issues or have been unsure of the functionality I have always had an answer.

Cons

There are some programmes that at present don't speak with Kartra that leas me to using some longer administrative processes, but this hassle is outweighed by the other benefits, the cost saving of using similar features elsewhere and the communication from the team.

Ontraport and Kajabi

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

Price, recommendation, communication from the team.
Dan

Complete Turnkey Solution for online businesses

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

After discovering Kartra, we got rid of infusionsoft, Acuity Scheduling, Wistia video hosting, Clickcunnels and Payfunnels. We have migrated all of our clients to Kartra as well.

Pros

Everything is under one roof, from video hosting to websites, calendar bookings, email sequencing and so much more.

Cons

Support is strictly via email and can take 24+ hours to get a response.

Reasons for Choosing Kartra

Kartra has all the features under one roof so actions can talk to each other.

Keap
Jacque

Beginner or Advanced... You'll love Kartra.

Reviewed on 2020/04/10

Kartra allows use to develop expert digital marketing campaigns with beginner knowledge.

Pros

Kartra is the best all-in-one solution for digital marketers. Having option forms, landing pages, automations, tagging, email sequences, products, membership areas and more all in one system means they talk to each other without external integrations. This saves me the headache of keeping track of so many web apps.

Cons

Some features found in other web apps are still being developed in Kartra. However, they release new features all the time, so it is worth sticking around.

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

Kartra saves me money in subscriptions, time in learning different web apps, and headaches due to everything being integrated already.
Harsha

Best platform for marketing in all aspects of business through online

Reviewed on 2021/05/05

It was the only one platform and the best for my current online business. Developing features along with the customer support is great.

Pros

Advanced feature available in this platform helps and it attracts the other viewers and the complete business management can be done. The training tutorials along with the videos with a great support is available.

Cons

At initial stage it is quite complicated to learn the features it consumes little more time. And also this particular platform is quite expensive. The interface can be improved show that it will be helpful for the business start the online business.

Reasons for Choosing Kartra

Wanted to check the additional features an interface available. Pricing is the main constraint what we are looking for.
Kleo

The best investment we made for our business

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Building membership sites, courses are a breeze. Wonderful having everything in one place for us to access.

Pros

So easy and step-by-step to use, especially when you're not very technical. We got rid of 4 different types of software that we were trying to juggle and replaced them all with only 1... Kartra.

Cons

Live webinar function. And a more detailed and advanced course to help beginners understand the processes. Faster importing of lists.

Ontraport and Keap

Reasons for Choosing Kartra

Because we were looking for something more cost effective and more functional that we could grow into.

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

Because Kartra offered more services and functionality and also we could run multiple businesses from the same platform. Instead of having to pay double!
Patricia
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Kartra is simply the best

Reviewed on 2021/05/11

Not only do I set up, host and market my online courses; I use it for my digital appearance and with all the statistics and analytics I know immediately if, how or where to tweak a campaign. Client communication is made easy....

Pros

I do not need any other software to host or market my online courses. Everything ties together. So much time and money saved!

Cons

It has a little bit of a learning curve at the beginning. But when you are willing to dive in, you pretty fast get the clue since there are awesome tutorials and amazing support!

Thinkific

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

I had a free version of Thinkific but compared to Kartra it’s outdated and it’s not so user friendly..plus you need additional softwares....
roe

Making Business Easier

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

It's been very simple to learn and use allowing me to save from hiring out services for small jobs, now I am able to leave that for larger projects. I love the analytics features too.

Pros

is the all in one feature. I love having a one stop shop platform

Cons

When constructing an email and pages, I have lost my work more often than I like.
It doesnt' save my work automatically (I had this feature in my last provider).
emails dont' have an undo button

David

I'm falling in love!

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Pros

I love the simplicity and the way Kartra holds your hand through every-step of the funnel build and membership set up. The onboard analytics are great. The functionality for running our automated webinar is awesome. Building fab looking pages is effortless. Cant wait to move our support desk over and start using some of the advanced functionality. For example, we are looking at implementing the SMS feature to improve our webinar show up rate.

Cons

I haven't found major issues any yet....

Reasons for Choosing Kartra

too many API's and Infusionsoft was getting behind the times, my APIs and consultancy costs were so high just to make the thing work....$12,000 a year for a consultant to get infusionsoft working was ridiculous. We are slowly transitioning everything over including 15,000 customers

Keap

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

We use Everwebinar and this seemed a logical step. CLick funnel reviews weren't always flattering.
Ashley

Amazing software, but has lots of kinks

Reviewed on 2022/09/20

Pros

I use Kartra on a daily basis. My entire business is hosted on this platform. I have used it for years and have found lots of pros and cons. For pros: you can do just about everything on here. It does my email marketing, hosts my full website, hosts calendars, surveys, my program membership / modules, it processes payments and manages payment subscriptions, I mean it truly has it all. They have multiple avenues of support, you can email, chat, or join the Facebook group to get help. It also has lots of opportunity for customized coding to truly build out the site of your dreams if you need it. Kartra truly combines about 10 different softwares all in one.

Cons

Again, after using this software for years, I've come to find lots of pros and cons. The biggest con that I have is the aesthetics, which may sound silly, but in comparison to its biggest competitor, Kajabi, Kartra really takes the L on this one. Everything is blocky, dark, clunky, takes forever to find what you need, and overall just not a user friendly experience. The other con is how absolutely difficult it is to use some of the features, specifically building a website/page and sequences. The last con is the customer service - I prefer using the chat option to get real-time support, but 98% of the time they can't actually help you on chat. They'll take your inquiry and submit it as a "ticket" where they'll respond to via email the next day. Again, may not be a huge deal, but for some issues I've had in the past it's been a very big deal because I need real time help. They used to be able to help you via Chat but now it's all email, which is frustrating.

Kajabi

Reasons for Choosing Kartra

Because I needed more customization and more options. I was looking at Kajabi but decided to make the switch to Kartra because of price, but now I've had to upgrade and am paying the same on Kartra as it would've been on Kajabi.

Podia

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

Price. But since I've had to upgrade as my business grew, i'm paying the same.
Angela

I am hoping I will fall in love with Kartra! Right now our relationship is "complicated."

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

I think this will be a great tool for me that will help to generate income in time, however, right now it is not.
I am still using all of my other Softwares until I can figure out a way to make this the easiest for me.

Pros

This product has everything I need! So originally we purchased it in order to get rid of the other software we are using.

Cons

It is not nearly as user friendly as Squarespace, Mailchimp and many of the other low-cost options.
Also, there is no customer service line to call. I understand why this is, but it has been an issue for me multiple times and I resort to calling off other important work during my day in order to troubleshoot myself or get my assistant on it instead of trusting I will be able to resolve an issue quickly.

Acuity Scheduling, WordPress, Squarespace and Kajabi

Reasons for Choosing Kartra

Well, actually I am just still using both to make sure all of my clients can have easily usable software until I can create all of the video tutorials answering the common questions I get for Kartra calendars and others features.

Reasons for Switching to Kartra

Because I am tired of using so many different products. I was hoping it would be as easy as I had heard.
Alexandre

Good!

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

It's a great tool, definitely, made by marketers for marketers.

The all in one is great but it has...

It's a great tool, definitely, made by marketers for marketers.

The all in one is great but it has the defauts of its qualities:
overall the whole machine may tend to be slow and many operations and clicks and options are mandatory to do s single task.

Pros

The all in one thing.
Not easy to get used to the tool but the more I practice and discover new features, the more I like it.

The support is very good, although sometimes answers may be a bit generic (copy/paste templates).

Cons

Something that is really annoying:
you cannot jump from one section to another. Instead, you have to go through every section in order to reach one you want.

i.e: I'm into a product creation. I'm at the first section and I want to only configure the Affiliates section. Icannot reach it by clicking on it. I have to go through each section and click save and next every time.

This is the same for emails, or forms…

That's a waste of time.
Can you do something about it?!

Anja

Marketing Is Finally EASY!

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

I love how easy it is to set up sales pages and start selling straight away. Before Kartra I would battle with my wordpress pages and setting up forms, but with Kartra I started to sell products and services almost instantly. It also manages my database with ease and I can send follow up email sequences with ease. It's made my marketing so easy and follow up sales are set on auto-pilot.

Pros

I love that this is an all-in-one marketing system. I can manage my customer database, run promotions, segment my customers, send emails, and set up all of my sales pages and forms ALL from the one program. It also has a whole affiliate management system and so much customization.

Cons

I use a lot of video content, so the only frustrating thing is the high charges for bandwidth. All the other aspects are well within the limits, but I get charged extra because my bandwidth usage goes over. I've had to set up a vimeo account to help with this issue, but that's frustrating because it's another service I have to subscribe to. I would rather have it all in the one place, but the bandwidth fees are so excessive.

Twanna
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Perfect resource for online business

Reviewed on 2021/05/06

I enjoy using the platform. The more that I use it and plays around with all the features.

Pros

After trying several CRM and course platforms Kartra quickly became my choice because of all the functionality it offers. All in one!

Cons

It is certainly a learning curve. I eventually had to hire one of their experts in order to implement my course on the platform.

Kajabi

Easier to use.

Teachable

Affordable
Tareq
  • Industry: Building Materials
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

A great ability to follow up the shopping operations effectively on our website

Reviewed on 2023/04/20

We've seen positive results with Kartra's ability to follow up on shopping operations on our website. The platform's ability to direct customers and send reminders has helped us effectively improve our sales levels.

Pros

Kartra is a versatile digital marketing platform that offers a wide range of features for building landing pages and email campaigns. Its segmentation tools make it easy to organize contact lists, while its powerful automation enables follow-up emails to be sent automatically to customers who haven't completed their shopping. Additionally, Kartra provides a heatmap and tracking system that offers valuable insights into customer behavior, such as which links are clicked and by whom, allowing businesses to effectively target new customers.

Cons

I have only encountered positive aspects of Kartra , including its modern interface and easy-to-use tools. It's great that they have a customer service team that is always available to help.

Response from Genesis Digital

Thank you for your positive feedback! Delighted to hear you're enjoying Kartra's versatility and user-friendly interface. Our aim to support you every step of the way!

Guy

It's the "Full Monty" of Software Tools

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

It's helped me streamline my "Rock the Tech" Coaching business into something that is manageable and contained on one platform...

Kartra allows me to run a 6, 7, and 8 Figure business by myself, and appear as if I'm a Fortune 5 Company...

I have been running with "bubble gum and bailing wire" for the last few years, and NOW I'm ONLY using Kartra as my "Main" go to software for my business -

Pros

It really does Everything, that's WHY I said it's the "Full Monty" of Software Tools...I was spending well over $1K per Month on Dedicated Server Hosting, a Dedicated Email Server, WordPress Membership Websites, GetResponse, SendGrid SMTP Service, and the list goes on and on...

I'm saving over $800 Per Month by moving to Karta AND I'm not concerned about Hackers breaking into my WordPress Memberships or Members NOT getting their login credentials...

Kartra is TOP Shelf!

Cons

I would be GREAT to have a Done-for-You Membership Campaign...I really can't think of anything else that I would want...

Agency would be fantastic for my customers too, and I know this is in the works...Can we speed the deployment UP?

Richard
  • Industry: Online Media

Time Saving Software Platform

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

Having the ability to have videos hosted within the monthly charge, a powerful auto responder with sequences and campaigns along with little touches like the calendar function provides a massive advantage to me when offering these services as well as running my own business.

Pros

The speed at which I can put a landing pages together is unbelievable with the Kartra platform. Once the content has been agreed with the hook and calls to action etc, I can put an example in front of a client real easy. It's quick, but I don't let my client know how quick otherwise putting something together in an hour would be the expectation every time and my fee rate would be called into question. Primarily for landing pages, I've also built complete websites with the Kartra platform and just about to build my first membership site. I'm still discovering the power of this platform, it has a lot to offer.

Cons

Whilst you can build an online store with Kartra, I wish it was a little more advanced in this area. I know it's not the primary function, but combining the ease of building landing pages with the ability to have a powerful online store as well would be awesome.

David

The Last Piece Of Marketing Software You'll EVER Need

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

Pros

Kartra does literally everything better than anything else.

The Landing Page and Sales Page builder software crushes anything else out there in terms of aesthetics and how much you can customize it.

The email follow-up options and campaigns that you can create are super intelligent - and much more user-friendly than Infusionsoft or AWeber.

CSR and the Kartra team have literally solved the problem of 'what software should I use for this aspect of my online business?' - and it integrates and works with the different parts of your marketing campaigns so well.

Cons

It takes a little while to learn, which is to be expected because it has so many things you can do. Small price to pay, though.

Olivia
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

All-in-One Solution for Online Business

Reviewed on 2023/03/10

Pros

Kartra is a comprehensive platform with a variety of tools for online marketing and sales. It's user-friendly and easy to navigate, making it perfect for non-techy users. The built-in automation and analytics are a big plus.

Cons

The pricing can be a bit steep for smaller businesses, and some of the more advanced features may require additional support to set up and use effectively. The design options for website templates are also limited.

Octavia

One-stop tool for almost everything

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

Pros

the sequence-builder for automation is clear and easy to use. I love the web page templates and the page builder is pretty fast and easy to learn. email delivery seems pretty good. Kartra keeps up with all my creative ideas for my business, it's my entrepreneurial wings!

Cons

too many clicks, especially in product setup. can't navigate to a specific part of product to edit, have to go thru all the pages. the screen re-building everytime you move something on the sequence builder. better usability would be so wonderful. a shopping cart would come in handy to make more functional funnels. I'm using ClickFunnels for that, and fulfillment via Kartra

Marco

Powerful All-in-One Tool

Reviewed on 2021/04/15

I have been a Kartra user for around 2 years now. Even though I am in the middle of switching to another product, it has helped me a lot. I mainly used their landing page builder, emails and course functionality. All in all absolutely recommended.

Pros

- Includes literally anything you need - email, landing page builder, calendars, course hosting, video hosting, automations, flows, checkouts and more
- amazing value for the money

Cons

- Building landing pages is sometimes tedious and loading times in the backend are relatively slow
- Navigating the tool is sometimes a bit complicated (you have to navigate through all the steps rather than just jumping straight to where you want to go)

Felipe
Felipe
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Kartra has EVERYTHING.

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

AMAZING. They even just upgraded their data storage limits to unlimited for Silver and above.

Pros

We started using Kartra for our non profit website, monthly membership subscription, hosting courses, and every other thing we have needed. We have been able to cut out a TON of other paid software.

Cons

They still haven't implemented quizzes for their courses, but it's coming. That's really the only thing so far we haven't liked.

Teachable and Kajabi
Troy
  • Industry: Publishing

Using Kartra to Run my Business

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

My overall experience has been great. I couldn't imagine how my business would be today without it. For sure I can become a better, more accomplished Kartra user. There's a lot to learn. I think the Kartra team is doing a great job. I'm happy to be part of the Kartra community.

Pros

I pretty much use most if not all of the features of Kartra to run my business. It has become indispensable to me and my business.

Cons

I would like to see more intuitive shortcuts. I am not crazy about all the things I have to click through to get to certain features I need. While I love all the analysis that Kartra provides, certain things don't seem to work as well as they could. Overall, I love the software. I'm hoping Kartra will continue to improve.