GovPilot

e-Government management solution

Kathryn H.

Very pleasant staff

Reviewed on 2018/07/28

Pros

It's ability to ne modify to fit individual needs. When a change is required to suit an individual customers needs it is corrrcted for that one customer.

Cons

File size capacity to send to other people's emails is limited. The development team is working to fix this issue. Also sometimes changes are not reviewed before put into place.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you so much for the kind words and useful feedback!

Janice K.

Awesome Software

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

During this pandemic, GovPilot has enabled me and my staff to work remotely and get used to the new methods, which took about a day. Customer support is great and as far as the future, it will cut down on the number of phone calls and customers at the counter, enabling us to be more efficient and have all of our records in one place. I highly recommend GovPilot!

Pros

Our office deals with a lot of incoming applications and both foot traffic and phone inquiries for our licensing services. This software can minimize the amount of foot traffic and offers the convenience to our constituents of applying for a wide number of permits online in the comfort of their own office or home.

Cons

I can't think of any cons at this time. All of my experiences have been pleasant and I haven't even used every tile yet.

Response from GovPilot

Amazing! Thank you very much Janice. We're proud to know that you and your colleagues are pleased with GovPilot, and are seeing meaningful results!

Dana S.

Municipal Court Database

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

While this was their first attempt at a court database, they did a pretty fantastic job. They listened to what I wanted and needed and we all worked together to get this very useful database!

Pros

This is an easy way to keep track of our municipal court citations. The ease of use for both myself and our police officers is exceptional!!

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like about this software

Response from GovPilot

So glad you find our software useful, Dana. Thanks for the kind words!

Ross K.

EXCELLENT SINGLE SOURCE PROVIDOR

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Excellent communication and extremely responsive tech support.

Pros

Module interaction with Departments throughout the City

Cons

There are many pros with this software. The only thing I am awaiting on is integration so that when a web payment is made, it automatically makes an entry into the transaction log and zero's the account accordingly.

Response from GovPilot

Thanks so much!

Brian D.

I like the GovPilot package. Helpful for record keeping and tracking.

Reviewed on 2017/08/03

Pros

Easy to use and it has features that are needed to maintain proper records.

Cons

1. I would like the ability to open the Admin Tab without going into Edit Mode.
2. I would like the ability to print the comments from the Admin Tab without doing Copy/Edit and therefore loosing formatting.

Response from GovPilot

Thanks to your feedback, those two issues have been resolved!

Nicholas W.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Its a great system but requires patience to get it right.

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

It created a more streamlined work flow and organized my permits onto one data base.

Pros

It has great applicability across multiple departments. It creates better work flow and efficiency through out.

Cons

The development process can be arduous. It can take awhile to get every thing right. There should be a user portal for better security.

Jeanne S.
  • Industry: Government Administration

The staff are awesome and worked with us for any request we had. Quick responses too!

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Pros

The automated responses and tracking ability especially for complaints and OPRA requests. Also the GIS component that shows various municipal features.

Cons

More flexibility with the GIS feature layers and ability to associate digital documents with parcels

Response from GovPilot

Thanks, Jeanne! So glad that you find our staff and software helpful.

Christopher W.

Since signing on, customer service and project management has been #1. Perfect applications...

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Pros

The items that we love the most is the customization that can be done. From the littlest form to the most complicated application, no matter what we are looking to do, GovPilot is able to accommodate us. They are easily able to seamlessly take antique paper applications and make them into easy to use online forms that give us the ability to track items that we never were before.

Cons

At this time, we have yet to find anything that we do not like. As a new user, we have been able to modify and update everything that we have requested to in a very timely manner.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you, Chris, for the glowing review! We are always happy to help.

John D.

GovPilot

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Pros

GovPilot is very user-friendly and staff is very helpful and easy to work with.

Cons

It would be great if there were more options to run different types of reports for each module.

Response from GovPilot

Thanks, John!

Gregory L.
  • Industry: Government Administration

GovPilot has saved me so much time and paperwork. GovPilot is very simple to use in the field.

Reviewed on 2017/11/17

I have saved so much time and paperwork. GovPilot has truly simplified my job. I am able to do my job in the field without having to come back to the office.

Pros

The software is very simple to learn and is user friendly. GovPilot provided training and phone support during our start up. As with any new product I was a little confused at first because GovPilot was all new to me. After working with GovPilot for a few days I was very comfortable moving around. As a Public Works Superintendent, I work in the field a lot and GovPilot has truly simplified my job. I am able to review resident complaints and process street opening permits without having to go back to the office.

Cons

Initially, I was a little confused with the new software. Customer support was able to work me through some problems I was having and simplified things. Some categories were moved around to my liking. I do most of my work with GovPilot on my desktop and everything works fine. When I use my IPAD in the field, GovPilot had some problems viewing data. I talked with people and was told a Windows based tablet works much better with GovPilot.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you so much, Gregory! So glad that you find GovPilot's product easy to use and our Customer Support team helpful.

Riddhi P.

GovPilot Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/18

Overall, I have a great experience with GovPilot.

Pros

I like the feature that allows us to communicate directly with our residents so that they know exactly what actions are being taken to resolve their issue.

Cons

Some improvements can be made in the maps section of the form. It doesn't allow the resident to move forward unless they have an exact location that GovPilot can detect. If GovPilot cannot detect the location, the resident is unable to move forward with logging in a complaint. I would suggest making that optional and allowing the resident to explain in detail where their issue is located in the case that they do not have an exact address.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you very much for your feedback Riddhi! We're pleased to know that GovPilot is working well for you and your constituents.

Charlotte P.

As a user

Reviewed on 2017/10/27

Not as much phone time and email time sending the complaints to the proper department and person. Also - Adm notes section allows us to give more information to the department handling the complaint without getting on the phone. Putting things in writing can do away with any misunderstanding there may be when discussing on the phone with the person handling complaint. Follow up to the department on a complaint and the time since it has been 'in progress' is easily determined by the dates listed on the spreadsheet page. Helps keep track of the many phone calls and emails that come in as complaints or simple inquiries on Township items.

Pros

Automatic send of complaint to the proper department handling said complaint. Also, ease of looking up past complaints by name or location. Very easy when on the phone with resident checking up on complaint that was issued a while ago.

Cons

Sometimes the addresses that the residents give us will not come up on the prepopulated drop-down menu. Most of the time the problem is the address may be a store within a building that has a lot and block that are for the entire building and not just that store. Or sometime there is a crossroads intersection that has a complaint and crossroads don't have a block and lot number to go by.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you, Charlotte! We love working with your team.

Adam H.
  • Industry: Government Administration

I'm just starting to use the system everyday and I continue to find it easier and easier to use

Reviewed on 2017/07/21

Pros

The software covers a lot of what we do in municipal government. It keeps all of our programs together and in one location. I can sign on in the morning and stay on to the end of the day. It is also set up for e-mail alerts when a new issue arises.

Cons

I have found nothing to be concerned about since using the system more frequently. If I need help, I call !

Response from GovPilot

Happy to hear that you are quickly growing more comfortable using the system. Excited to watch you discover GovPilot's many benefits.

Vanessa N.

OPRA

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Pros

We, like many Borough's, are being overwhelmed with OPRA requests. The GovPilot Program has allowed me to manage this high volume with ease. The staff has been amazing and extremely helpful. They make you feel like you are there only customer and every issue large or small is handled and resolved promptly.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like any things I thing need tweaking they take care of. No issues at all.

Response from GovPilot

Great! Thanks, Vanessa.

Marc L.

Changed the way we work

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

We are in the very early days of using GovPilot beyond just the initial reason we bought the software. Recently, we were evaluating offers to buy properties in the City. Using GovPilot, we were able to make far more informed decisions about these transactions. We were able to see violations on the buyer's properties, overlaying zoning and redevelopment areas on the map, and even click through to google street view. I'm looking forward to even more functionality as we build new tools and add new data.

Pros

The technical support is fantastic. If you can dream up the function and the work flow, the development team can build it.

Cons

The software has a relatively high level of reliance on your existing GIS system and data from other sources. GIGO.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you so much for your detailed review! So glad to be accomodating.

Ryan M.

GovPilot has significantly changed the way we operate within the Borough.

Reviewed on 2017/11/21

Time savings, efficiencies, and integration between departments that will hopefully lead to time savings.

Pros

GovPilot makes workflows more vibrant and efficient through data aggregation. By collecting all of this digitally and building it into a property parcel-centric view, it creates an integrated way to oversee and execute various tasks that serve residents, allowing departments to step away from their silos and better coordinate tasks.

Cons

Right now, a lot of build out is still necessary to provide a user friendly experience for employees. And there's no real backend for users.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you so much, Ryan! Excited to learn how Jet Mode improves your user experience.

Richard M.

Very professional and helpful with whatever inquiries I may have.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

I enjoy the ability to look around the city using the mapping and the ability to keep properties organized.

Cons

Sometimes the site may be a little bulky and glitch. When moving around the map it may freeze up at certain times.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you, Richard. Pleasure working with you!

Anne marie F.

The Borough Departments are happy with this computer program.

Reviewed on 2017/10/25

Improved communication for our Governing Body to direct a resident to log in his/her concern or request for information (OPRA)

Pros

Ease of use for both employees and residents using the program. Good communication tool as linked to our website.

Cons

It can be a forum for a constant complainer to use and answering is time consuming. Addresses need to be exact when looking up. It would be easier to be able to punch in the street name if unsure of address.

Response from GovPilot

Glad the departments are happy, Anne Marie! Thank you so much.

Todd T.

Excellent training and customer support.

Reviewed on 2017/11/20

Pros

Very user friendly. Like that the software can easily be customized for our needs.
Many options are available to the customer.

Cons

There is nothing that I feel needs to be improved although when we begin to use the software more often, we may be able to provide info on what we feel can be improved upon.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you! Brooklawn is a pleasure to work with.

Lauren M.

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

Pros

The ease of use and the customer service.

Cons

At this time, I have nothing to complain about.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you, Lauren!

Joe M.
  • Industry: Government Administration

GovPilot is an intuitive and easy to use program.

Reviewed on 2017/07/24

Easy to access information that our residents can view from almost any device.

Pros

The software is easy to use and navigate. If you have existing shape files for you data it's very easy for you to send them to GovPilot to have them added.

Cons

I would like to be able to output layers/maps to a large format file for printing. Currently the software does not do that. You can't edit shape layers either...something that would be helpful for plotting data points or boundaries.

Response from GovPilot

We are pleased that you find GovPilot easy-to-use. That is always our goal when developing new capabilities.

Virginia K.

great company to work with

Reviewed on 2017/03/01

GovPilot was wonderful and easy to work with. The team was friendly and helpful! Thank you for your help!

Response from GovPilot

We feel the same about working with you, Virginia! Thank you for the kind words.

Marta H.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Comprehensive and Customizable Suite of Municipal Software

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Govpilot has permitted us to modernize many of the functions of the Municipal Clerk's office. Licensing and record requests that previously were done on paper are now available to residents on line. The amount of clerical time spent was significantly reduced.

However, conversion of old data to Govpilot was more difficult and time consuming than expected. This was mostly due to the poor quality of the data to be converted, but it delayed implantation.

Pros

The company is very responsive to requests for custom reports, screens, etc. The dashboard helps us manage processes from the same place.

Cons

The software is map based. We have missing addresses/Block and Lots in the public map database they use. Missing properties must be added individually, which is tedious.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you very much for your feedback Marta!

Jessey N.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great Data capturing platform

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

I have had a pleasant experience with GovPilot thus far and will continue to use the case management system to the way it fits our needs.

Pros

I like the customization it offers specifically to your organization. We can set it up in a way that fits our needs and not just a standard platform filled with required field we don't use.

Cons

Sometimes there are system bugs that put roadblocks in the workflow, but customer service is quick to assess and mitigate the problem.

Response from GovPilot

Thanks a lot!

Mike M.
  • Industry: Law Enforcement

Easy to Use and Adaptable

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

It was an easy transition to this system. It only takes a few minutes to enter a concern and anyone else on the system can check on any call to see where you are on it, whether you need to follow-up, contact someone, or what needs to b done to close it out.

Pros

The are straight forward and easy to use/understand.
The support staff and sales staff worked with up so we could see what we wanted to see, not something we did not want/need. If we have a problem, the chat room is quick and easy, with positive responses.

Cons

Having to use "SAVE" after typing a long narrative to save it.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you for te kind words! Thrilled to hear that you found the transition to GovPilot to be an easy one, as we work hard to ensure our clients' comfort during this phase.