GovPilot

e-Government management solution

Stephen C.

Fully Comprehensive Software

Reviewed on 2022/04/26

Pros

The ease of use and the ability to computerize some of our key processes.

Cons

There aren't any cons for the use of this software. Whenever there may be an issue or a process is not making our jobs easier, support has worked very hard to simplify and improve the process so that it is much more functional.

Response from GovPilot

Thanks very much for your review and feedback Stephen! We look forward to continuing our work with you.

Billie D.
  • Industry: Government Administration

GovPilot is what my department has spent years searching for

Reviewed on 2022/02/14

I have already recommended GovPilot to several other county departments and have made myself available to them for questions regarding the switch. I have been pleasantly surprised with all of the features that our previous software didn't offer and, a lot of which, I didn't even know how much we needed them. Automatically notifying residents that their complaint has been handled or that their permit is now approved, integrating GIS in to their mapping systems to provide up to date and accurate maps of my County, and working with our credit card processor to safely and securely process permit fees with seamless transfers of information between the two are just some of the features that, now that we have them, we can't do without. There are so many great things to mention about GovPilot that I simply can't remember them all but, suffice it to say, GovPilot is well worth the cost.

Pros

The GovPilot team have been nothing but professionals for the entire process of changing from our previous asset management software to GovPilot. They gathered the details of what we were doing before, what we didn't like about our previous software, and how they could help fill in the gaps. Then they worked closely with myself and several of my team leaders to come up with a tailor fit solution to manage our Animal Control calls, Code Compliance calls, and our septic system permits. Even though GovPilot is based in New Jersey, they were willing to fly down to Texas to provide face to face training to me and my staff at a very low cost. The software is great and does everything we need and more but I think one of the best features they have is the live chat option on every page. If you have a question or get stuck somewhere, simply click on the support button and get help from a live representative in seconds. Another great thing that I appreciated was the professional manner in which they handled a few hiccups with our contract process. We had to put the project on hold several times while we processed some internal issues and the GovPilot team was there, ready to pick up where we left off once things were sorted out. No complaints and no incessant nagging about when we could move on to the next step. If I had to delete this whole review and condense it down to one word, I would describe GovPilot simply as "professional".

Cons

When reading reviews, I tend to distrust those that don't mention something negative in their review. There is always something that can be improved. Believe me, I had to think long and hard about what could be improved on with GovPilot. The only thing I could come up with was that they are obviously a New Jersey based company because a few of the fillable fields in our forms still referenced New Jersey for a few days before we were able to get them all switched over. That was it. That's all I could come up with. I have been entirely satisfied with GovPilot.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you very much for your wonderful (and thorough) review and feedback! Please be sure to reach out to your account manager or our support team any time you need anything! We look forward to working with you!

Kenneth E.

Residential Parking Review

Reviewed on 2022/03/30

The 2020 rollout of the software to employees and customers was premature. The cashiering and reporting data input from various departments caused major confusion. The lack of training for the cashiers before its release was a disaster and the lack of testing by GovPilot created a load of data that all had to be corrected. The transfer to our accounting software was because of the lack of control over duplicate data.

Pros

Improvements made as problems were discovered.

Cons

Current Residential Parking problems were detailed in an email currently being addressed. The early release before proper testing was a problem in 2020.

Donna K.

Montgomery Clerk's review

Reviewed on 2022/05/10

Excellent. very pleased with program and support staff

Pros

Can process records requests quickly. Easy to operate.

Cons

Once we got used to the modules, there were no negative issues.

Response from GovPilot

Thanks very much for your feedback Donna! It is great to know that you are pleased with GovPilot!

Christina L.

To GovPilot and Beyond!

Reviewed on 2021/11/10

Residents no longer need to wait to speak with a staff member during operating hours to access property information with the GIS Map. GovPilot is the perfect partner to work with a growing Township to create simplified processes for individuals to access information independently. The modules allow anyone to complete a form at any time, anywhere, decreasing our phone call and foot traffic so we can focus on other tasks. We are implementing additional modules that will further assist our office as we move forward into the electronic and digital era!

Pros

GovPilot helps us quickly and efficiently communicate between departments, and all communications are saved for later reference. Residents are able to notify Township officials of a concern at any time/day, not only during business hours. The automatic email notification for new RAC allows for response in emergency situations.

Cons

We found a few additional features for our purposes. We asked if only the CCO Inspector could be chosen for scheduling the Inspection on the drop-down feature to limit confusion. We also requested an automatic reminder for RAC for any NOV when the 10 days is expiring for Code Enforcement to follow-up.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for your ongoing feedback with our account management team! have been excited to partner with you and we look forward to continuing to help you move forward with your digital transformation!

Nancy P.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Gov Pilot has a lot of features, once you know how to navigate through the processes.

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

more productivity and ease of tasks

Pros

I like the history of paperwork on each address when you do an address search - it is easy to see what each resident has --like parking permit, leaf permit, etc. You can also find a phone number for the resident in this system very quickly. I love the clone tab - it is the best since it saves a lot of time.
Also when you do an address search the map with cross streets is helpful. The new custom balance report is concise and easy to read, much better than the previous report.
I also like that when we reach out to Prop Pilot that the issue is acknowledged promptly and resolved as soon as possible.

Cons

The program seems to spin often - that can be frustrating. Guess we have too much data. We are trying to go paperless and this program is helping. However I am a paper person!

Response from GovPilot

Nancy, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thorough review. Feedback like yours is very helpful.

Chris D.
  • Industry: Information Services

Good bang for your buck

Reviewed on 2021/12/15

GovPilot is a team of dedicated, hard working professionals that tirelessly realize your vision. Unlike most software on the market they will customize to meet your needs.

Pros

As a middle sized organization we are challenged to find right sized software. We have enterprise expectations but do not have staffing adequate to achieve economy of scale. GovPilot has the right balance of complexity to empower our users without overwhelming them.

Cons

Like most businesses today they are understaffed and work long hours to keep up with workload. You should understand this going in and expect to exercise patience during implementation and deployment.

iWorQ

Reasons for Choosing GovPilot

Assessment department switched software leaving the permitting software hanging.

Reasons for Switching to GovPilot

Right balance of cost and complexity.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you very much for your review. We look forward to continuing our work with your team and aim to be available to you when needed!

Kevin B.

GovPilot GIS Maping System

Reviewed on 2022/03/02

GovPilot team is very responsive and ready to provide support & service.

Pros

Easy to navigate . User friendly. Easy web interface.

Cons

Nothing, a great product. Hard to find fault with this product.

Response from GovPilot

Thanks very much for your feedback and for taking the time to share your thoughts Kevin!

Darren B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

GovPilot is a game changer

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

The City of Elizabeth is using GovPilot for Report a Concern and 9 other processes. Gov Pilot has enabled us to retire legacy systems and replace paper with a very efficient set of tools. Our response time is faster and there are far fewer errors in our workflows.

Pros

Replacing legacy systems and processes were a breeze thanks to GovPilot's dedicated customer service team.

Cons

There is a good deal of customization required; some reporting features could be more intuitive out of the box.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you, Darren! So glad we could help you operate more efficiently.

Marianne G.

City of Birmingham, Michigan Review

Reviewed on 2022/06/06

Pros

We are using GovPilot's Report a Concern Module. The module is user-friendly for the complainant and our staff members. We are very pleased with the service.

Cons

We would have liked to customize the app more, and add functionality that is not yet available.

Response from GovPilot

Thanks very much for your kind words! We hope you'll be able to work with your account manager to address any functionality concerns you have about the Report-a-Concern app!

Gregory L.
  • Industry: Government Administration

GovPilot has saved me so much time and paperwork. GovPilot is very simple to use in the field.

Reviewed on 2017/11/17

I have saved so much time and paperwork. GovPilot has truly simplified my job. I am able to do my job in the field without having to come back to the office.

Pros

The software is very simple to learn and is user friendly. GovPilot provided training and phone support during our start up. As with any new product I was a little confused at first because GovPilot was all new to me. After working with GovPilot for a few days I was very comfortable moving around. As a Public Works Superintendent, I work in the field a lot and GovPilot has truly simplified my job. I am able to review resident complaints and process street opening permits without having to go back to the office.

Cons

Initially, I was a little confused with the new software. Customer support was able to work me through some problems I was having and simplified things. Some categories were moved around to my liking. I do most of my work with GovPilot on my desktop and everything works fine. When I use my IPAD in the field, GovPilot had some problems viewing data. I talked with people and was told a Windows based tablet works much better with GovPilot.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you so much, Gregory! So glad that you find GovPilot's product easy to use and our Customer Support team helpful.

Marta H.

Comprehensive and Customizable Suite of Municipal Software

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Govpilot has permitted us to modernize many of the functions of the Municipal Clerk's office. Licensing and record requests that previously were done on paper are now available to residents on line. The amount of clerical time spent was significantly reduced.

However, conversion of old data to Govpilot was more difficult and time consuming than expected. This was mostly due to the poor quality of the data to be converted, but it delayed implantation.

Pros

The company is very responsive to requests for custom reports, screens, etc. The dashboard helps us manage processes from the same place.

Cons

The software is map based. We have missing addresses/Block and Lots in the public map database they use. Missing properties must be added individually, which is tedious.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you very much for your feedback Marta!

Jonneigh A.

Property Data Base

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

I use this software everyday and love it. I think it has much more capability than what I am currently using it for. I have found their support to be available and responsive. Executive has made our Customer Relations a dream.

Pros

This product provides and excellent property data base that I hope to expand upon. I would love to include our taxes and water bills, etc. We currently use it for our Building Department and it's a great way to keep your file information and records in one spot with all your forms. The applications are very user friendly and have made our lives much easier for processing of permits. It has literally made my workload much more manageable. I highly recommend this product.

Cons

As with any new system, the start-up was a bit frustrating working out kinks etc. Had an issue with credit card processing but everything was fixed.

Response from GovPilot

So glad that you love using our software! Thank you for the kind words.

Richard B.

Powerful, Easy to use, Customizable, Amazing

Reviewed on 2016/11/28

The ability to convert static, antiquated paper forms into digital, GIS-supported cloud-based formats that initiate departmental workflows and government-constituent communication has been a huge improvement and time saver for County residents and our employees. The experienced staff at GovPilot have guided the County through many paper form conversions, always finding a way to customize county systems in ways that meet project specific needs, ultimately improving processes, response times and accountability to our residents.

Unlike large corporations that have a take it or leave it attitude, GovPilot welcomes suggestions and seeks feedback, employing an inclusive, team-oriented approach to developing and implementing improvements to our systems quickly and accurately - no matter the complexity of the project. Once the changes are ready for deployment, the GovPilot team comes onsite to provide in the field and office training for all employees and managers involved in the new process.

Pros

Software is flexible, customizable, and easy to use.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you for the kind words, Richard! It is a pleasure working with you and your team.

Riddhi P.

GovPilot Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/18

Overall, I have a great experience with GovPilot.

Pros

I like the feature that allows us to communicate directly with our residents so that they know exactly what actions are being taken to resolve their issue.

Cons

Some improvements can be made in the maps section of the form. It doesn't allow the resident to move forward unless they have an exact location that GovPilot can detect. If GovPilot cannot detect the location, the resident is unable to move forward with logging in a complaint. I would suggest making that optional and allowing the resident to explain in detail where their issue is located in the case that they do not have an exact address.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you very much for your feedback Riddhi! We're pleased to know that GovPilot is working well for you and your constituents.

Kevin H.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Our process is evolving, and Gov Pilot is there to help and adjust at every turn.

Reviewed on 2017/07/28

Gov Pilot makes scheduling, enforcement, the inspection process, issuance of forms and certificates, and record keeping easier and ties all processes together to get a complete and easily accessed record of township properties.

Pros

We use Gov Pilot for complaints and violations, rental registration and inspections, and CCO application and inspections. We are able to cross-reference all our applications and get an overall view of properties and a complete record for each. The team provides incredible support.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you for the glowing review! We enjoy working with you and we are so glad that you are satisfied with our software and service.

Charlotte P.

As a user

Reviewed on 2017/10/27

Not as much phone time and email time sending the complaints to the proper department and person. Also - Adm notes section allows us to give more information to the department handling the complaint without getting on the phone. Putting things in writing can do away with any misunderstanding there may be when discussing on the phone with the person handling complaint. Follow up to the department on a complaint and the time since it has been 'in progress' is easily determined by the dates listed on the spreadsheet page. Helps keep track of the many phone calls and emails that come in as complaints or simple inquiries on Township items.

Pros

Automatic send of complaint to the proper department handling said complaint. Also, ease of looking up past complaints by name or location. Very easy when on the phone with resident checking up on complaint that was issued a while ago.

Cons

Sometimes the addresses that the residents give us will not come up on the prepopulated drop-down menu. Most of the time the problem is the address may be a store within a building that has a lot and block that are for the entire building and not just that store. Or sometime there is a crossroads intersection that has a complaint and crossroads don't have a block and lot number to go by.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you, Charlotte! We love working with your team.

Romi P.

Excellent! GovPilot has made tracking properties within the City so much easier!

Reviewed on 2017/07/18

Pros

The ability to customize the software to suit the City's needs is really impressive. I was able to create a custom process with the help of the GovPilot team to track vacant properties, abandoned properties and foreclosures within the City. This software has saved countless hours and has made data collection so much more accurate. I love being able to automatically generate a large number of notices and letters with the click of a button. The GovPilot team is so attentive and in many cases they were able to make my requested changes within minutes! I really enjoy using GovPilot and customizing the software with the team.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about the software. GovPilot addressed all of the issues that I had with the software.

Response from GovPilot

Thanks so much for the glowing review, Romi!

Adam H.
  • Industry: Government Administration

I'm just starting to use the system everyday and I continue to find it easier and easier to use

Reviewed on 2017/07/21

Pros

The software covers a lot of what we do in municipal government. It keeps all of our programs together and in one location. I can sign on in the morning and stay on to the end of the day. It is also set up for e-mail alerts when a new issue arises.

Cons

I have found nothing to be concerned about since using the system more frequently. If I need help, I call !

Response from GovPilot

Happy to hear that you are quickly growing more comfortable using the system. Excited to watch you discover GovPilot's many benefits.

Jessey N.

Great Data capturing platform

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

I have had a pleasant experience with GovPilot thus far and will continue to use the case management system to the way it fits our needs.

Pros

I like the customization it offers specifically to your organization. We can set it up in a way that fits our needs and not just a standard platform filled with required field we don't use.

Cons

Sometimes there are system bugs that put roadblocks in the workflow, but customer service is quick to assess and mitigate the problem.

Response from GovPilot

Thanks a lot!

Robin B.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Once Designed For The Use Of Your Organization, This Software Is Very Functional In Data...

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Code Enforcement uses this software to capture daily functions that occur throughout our area with our utilities that require the assistance of Code Enforcement. We also capture Customer inquiries. GovPilot provides easy access to our records in a snap!

Pros

Easy to maneuver through sections. I really lean on the reports that GovPilot provides.

Cons

Can not say that I have a Con for this software

Response from GovPilot

Happy to help.Thanks for the well-written and positive review!

Janice K.

Awesome Software

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

During this pandemic, GovPilot has enabled me and my staff to work remotely and get used to the new methods, which took about a day. Customer support is great and as far as the future, it will cut down on the number of phone calls and customers at the counter, enabling us to be more efficient and have all of our records in one place. I highly recommend GovPilot!

Pros

Our office deals with a lot of incoming applications and both foot traffic and phone inquiries for our licensing services. This software can minimize the amount of foot traffic and offers the convenience to our constituents of applying for a wide number of permits online in the comfort of their own office or home.

Cons

I can't think of any cons at this time. All of my experiences have been pleasant and I haven't even used every tile yet.

Response from GovPilot

Amazing! Thank you very much Janice. We're proud to know that you and your colleagues are pleased with GovPilot, and are seeing meaningful results!

Mike M.
  • Industry: Law Enforcement

Easy to Use and Adaptable

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

It was an easy transition to this system. It only takes a few minutes to enter a concern and anyone else on the system can check on any call to see where you are on it, whether you need to follow-up, contact someone, or what needs to b done to close it out.

Pros

The are straight forward and easy to use/understand.
The support staff and sales staff worked with up so we could see what we wanted to see, not something we did not want/need. If we have a problem, the chat room is quick and easy, with positive responses.

Cons

Having to use "SAVE" after typing a long narrative to save it.

Response from GovPilot

Thank you for te kind words! Thrilled to hear that you found the transition to GovPilot to be an easy one, as we work hard to ensure our clients' comfort during this phase.

Meg W.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Excellent experience with the our software and entire gov pilot team!

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Streamlined all my daily processes. Easy for me and other department members to search for information. Brought our processes up to date and eliminated all illegible paperwork.

Pros

So much information at my fingertips without dredging through files. Clear and concise. Easy to learn and use. And lots more- if there was a 6th star rating they'd get it. Their customer service, responsiveness and the all important patience factor are far above and beyond any I've ever experienced.

Cons

Nothing really, but it can sometimes feel a little slow when trying to pull up information for my guys out in the field. But it's only a matter of seconds.

Response from GovPilot

Wow, what a complimentary review! Glad you're having so much success with the system.

Stephen P.

We love it! User Friendly and a multitude of features! Awesome customer service as well!

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

The software provides a user friendly database that goes much farther than your typical databases. The options and features it provides surpass anything we have had in the past. Record keeping, reporting, invoicing, stats, it can do it all!

Cons

The software limits us to addresses that are based off of tax map data. It would be nice to expand this to geographical locations not necessarily linked to tax map data.

Response from GovPilot

What a nice review! Thank you, Stephen. Glad that you find GovPilot's capabilities so helpful.