ContentCal

Social media planning and publishing tool for agencies

ContentCal really is a great product

Reviewed on 2018/11/22

Pros

It's so easy to use, it is a massive help in my daily routine and takes out a lot of hassle I could do without. It just make my working day far more efficient. It's a great tool, great product, and everyone at ContentCal are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

If you have any concerns or experience any drawbacks, then ContentCal are only too happy to discuss them with you to help iron them out, to take your feedback on board, point you in the right direction, and even surprise you that they're already working on an area that you've pointed out could be changed or improved. They're right on the ball!

Vicky S.

The Scheduling Tool of Dreams!

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

The approval flow works really with all my clients who find it’s simple and easy to navigate.

The new Zapier integration with Pocket has definitely helped refine my curated content process.

Pros

ContentCal is really visual, it’s easy to see what’s going out and when, what’s approved and what still needs work.

It’s super easy to update posts and move them around the calendar by a simple drag & drop.

Cons

More analytics and a GIF library would be marvellous!

Jennifer G.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Everyone I have met or spoken with from ContentCal has been able to answer my questions and solve my problems. I love the ease of use of Content Cal and it has saved me hours of time each month in switching over from Hootsuite.

Pros

I love the pinboard and the ability to duplicate posts easily. I run a Twitter chat and have a base of tweets that are the same each week. It’s saved me hours each month to have the pinboard as with other providers I had to copy and paste all the content.

Cons

That there isn’t a mobile app that uses all areas of the desktop site. I currently use a different app for Instagram.

Stephanie B.

Been searching for this one-stop-shop

Reviewed on 2020/02/16

Pros

I like that I can post automatically to multiple channels for a plethora of clients and include them in the approval process in one place.

Cons

The look of the interface could do with some modernising design features. Also tagging products/people on instagram would make this platform NEXT LEVEL

Great scheduler for all!

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

I'm using it to schedule content in an easy, fast way and I look forward to trying out the approval feature with a new client.

Pros

ContentCal is easy to use and nice to view. It's very intuitive and the drag and drop functionality is life-changing. Customer service is very responsive too and you feel like you're talking to real people all the time.

Cons

There isn't a lot I don't like about it. There are always updates happening improving the overall experience so even features that didn't exist before, do now. I did enjoy being able to add ideas to the pinboard without them being tied to any particular channel as they are now.

Paul R.

Amazing Software

Reviewed on 2020/07/14

I have been using ContentCal at two different nonprofits. I had previously tested many and found ContentCal to be the best provider. They make the software easy to use for beginners, and content rich for others. In addition, the team provides knowledge based podcasts, videos and ideas for all users.

Pros

The ease of use with this software; the reliability of its functionality; the ability to duplicate / edit posts, save hashtags and common phrases; and the support from the company’s technical staff are the best.

Cons

Truthfully, I have not encountered any cons to the software for which I utilize its purpose.

Chandra F.

Super helpful customer service

Reviewed on 2020/03/30

Pros

I love the one on one contact with the customer support! Between the emails with updates in our industry to online chats that are personal and helpful, I would recommend ContentCal to anyone.

Cons

I'm not entirely sure how to upgrade to the newest software. I think it could be more streamlined and intuitive.

Roddy B.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Simple social media scheduler

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

A nice simple scheduler but not the best tool. Handy if you just need a scheduling tool but analytics side is slightly better from other tools.

Pros

Simple and clean social media scheduler. Great to quickly share posts across multiple accounts and easily set up the accounts.

Cons

Not as feature-rich as competing tools. Isn't as easy to copy posts to multiple platforms as other schedulers.

Good Social Media Tool but Lacks Reporting

Reviewed on 2020/02/10

The tool was okay. It would be great for an entry level social media manager or for internal social media reporting, but for an agency, it lacked the functionality and features we needed.

Pros

We liked the ability to easily schedule social media posts for our clients, save content/links/articles in a content library and add notes and campaigns for internal purposes.

Cons

We like the tool for scheduling purposes but the reporting really lacked the details we needed to send to our clients, which resulted in more work - so we weren't saving any significant amounts of time.

Kate C.

Review of ContentCal

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

ContentCal has enabled my virtual team to work together seamlessly across a number of clients and the agency has grown because of it.

Pros

- Very intuitive. I had my account up and running within 5 minutes. I was then quickly able to add team members and clients. We advise anyone we train to use ContentCal, many have been using other scheduling tools and they comment they find it an easy switch to make and enjoy the simplicity of it.

- You can see your content across all your social channels on one screen. Want to change a post? No problem - just drag and drop it to another day.

- The customer services team are super responsive and any issue is quickly resolved.

- Great for planning. Each calendar has a planning channel where you can save content ideas ready for when you want to use them and also add categories for content.

- Option to save your favourite hashtags to each calendar so you don't have to start from scratch every time.

- The approval workflow allows multiple people to schedule to a calendar and provides the client /account owner ultimate sign off. It makes collaboration across a virtual team really easy.

- No need for unsightly long links as there is a link shortener integrated into the tool.

Cons

The occaisional glitch with the new release but nothing that hasn't been sorted quickly by the customer service team.

Charlie R.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

So glad to have found it!

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

I love it! It has made life so much easier and freed up time!

Pros

ContentCal makes content planning an absolute breeze compared to other similar platforms. The best thing the ability to get things approved before anything goes live making sure everyone is happy.

Cons

The creating of boards can be a little frustrating if you are a small company but I would imagine ideal when you have multiple departments or campaigns.

Ruth G.

Why I love ContentCal

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

I don't like scheduling! ContentCal makes it a more pleasurable experience it's really satisfying seeing everything and it's great for planning and really have a good visual view of what you have planned for your channels.

Pros

✅ It helps you visually plan your content so it doubles up as a content calendar AND a scheduling tool.
✅ You can post to multiple platforms in one go, so if I create a post I can click a button and it will go out on Twitter, LI and Facebook (obviously you need to amend these to fit the channels and you can move them around after).
✅ You can work as a team or use it for client approvals (NB extra users do incur a charge)
✅You can repeat posts easily - even on Twitter where some 3rd party tools won't let you.

Cons

Sometimes link previews don't come across and I've had a few posts go out by mistake multiple times. Also, the changeover from one version to another was tricky but then it was a busy time when I was making the move.

Nicole W.

Pro Level Just Enough

Reviewed on 2020/03/04

This first level is perfect for our company. There's only one user and they continue to add on little additions/tweaks to the app.

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is that I can add in notes for my other campaigns that I'm running. I can schedule things ahead of time, add in my other marketing initiatives and see everything in one place.

Cons

I don't like that I can't schedule videos... I have to post it myself. I also wish I could apply IG filters as well as do multiple images/videos in one post.

Susie S.

ContentCal: the easiest scheduler for your social

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

ContentCal have a fantastically responsive customer service team and listen to their customers. I recommend them to all my clients looking to manage their social with a scheduling tool.

Pros

ContentCal is so easy to navigate with a clear layout. It also has a workflow approval system which is a great feature when working with an approver.

Cons

ContentCal are continuously launching new features and improving their product so issues that arise are dealt with fast.

Linzi H.

An intuitive scheduling tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

Keeping scheduled posts for all platforms on one app, also keeping previous weeks/months work available for use/repost.

Pros

Layout is clean and clear by platform. Having a calendar style layout is intuitive for weekly/monthly planning. Colour coding for draft/pending/approved posts helps sign off process with clients.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches, like the draft post pop up box can crash and close mid draft!

Simple & Straightforward

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

It's made my scheduling life so much easier! The layout, approval flow and clean and simple display help you stay focussed on the job in hand.

Pros

The calendar layout makes scheduling so much easier! You can easily see what's coming up and what holes still need to be filled. It's also great when you're working with an approval flow and you can easily see which posts still need approval/amending.

Cons

You're able to accidently post retrospectively, which is a bit annoying!

Mattia M.
  • Industry: Music
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great Software

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

Pros

Really intuitive and easy to learn, great customer service.

Cons

It's missing the Facebook tagging and you have to use an iOS app to post on Instagram, but i know they are both getting solved.

Matthew H.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Contetcal helped us get back control and made us more efficient

Reviewed on 2020/09/13

Fantastic!

Every time I have any question, the online chat provides fast replies.

Recently had an odd issue (which turned out to be a 3rd party issue). A screen share session was offered and the lead developer did a health check on our set-up and zapier integration, and also made some great suggestions which we'll implement.

Pros

Contentcal is very simple to use, but very powerful.

We started using it for Facebook and Twitter social media management, but we've now added instagram, LinkedIn and Google my business.

The zapier integration is revolutionary - we're now pulling in data from news aggregator sites and posting the links for our page visitors to view. We're also exporting from the ContentCal planner to our wordpress blogs to help google see the site as active.

We're doing a few tricks to the content for SEO purposes too!

Cons

I also wish it didn't do as much - I keep find myself building new tricks, when I should probably be doing other stuff!

Would like to see the ability to directly upload GMB photos and and also be able to edit the exif geodata on the images. Some spintax functionality would be great!

Jeremy R.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND: Perfect for managing and collaborating on multiple social media project

Reviewed on 2020/02/16

SETUP
What can I say, other than, "it couldn't be simpler." The hierarchies and metamophors in the software are intuitive and completely fluid. First, you create an account and create a calendar. Next you add social media accounts to the calendar. Then invite your participants and everyone adds content which is published. Voilà!

ADDING AND MANAGING CONTENT
This is what makes ContentCal so amazing: you can use the "planning channel" and their other tools for ingesting and collaborating on content prior to publishing. When ready, just move it to the channel(s) you want to publish to, set the day and time, and then it goes! I love software that just works like you want it to. *BAM*!

GOVERNANCE
This is special to ContentCal. I had worked for years in HigherEd marketing and this is something that we always wanted and now I've found: you can set up a routing and approval process. To get this done is also quite easy:
1. Once your users are added to your calendar, you can assign roles (or do this during the invitation process)
2. You'll use these roles/permissions for workflow: contributors, approvers, etc.
For us, we have contributors add content to their calendars right on the days/times when they want it published and then they route it for approval. Our approvers (managers) review the content for accuracy and brand, and then approve. We can also reject and route it back with comments for tweaking making it a great tool for training in brand-voice, too.

Pros

This platform is perfect for agencies, distributed organizations, or anyone who needs to manage and participate on multiple social media accounts. It could not be any easier, which is perfect for teams with varying degrees of ability. And, the ability to create custom workflows and approvals that reflect your unique governance plan is unmatched. Non-profits, government entities, higher-ed, agencies, and anyone who manages more than one business or online personality where more than one person needs to contribute content will love this!

Cons

This is not a con, per se, but just something to be aware of: if you want automated publishing for your Instagram accounts, you'll have to set it up once using their Zapier integration. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. are all native. It's only Insta that requires this extra step. It was easy enough, thought, and you really only do this once and then you'll publish everything from within ContentCal. Once done, you and your collaborators have a seamless experience. Easy!

Nina V.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

The best value scheduler out there -- makes my content planning a breeze

Reviewed on 2019/01/25

Our content and social media has never been so organized and full. I can plan and execute content on a regular basis, and with the analytics, I can quickly see what is performing well and re-share it. We have seen a major increase in social media impressions and engagements since we started using ContentCal because we now know what works and what speaks to our audience so we can create more content like it.

Pros

This scheduler makes my content and social media work a breeze. The best part about ContentCal is that they listen to feedback from people who work in the industry and build out new features based on this feedback. I love that I can preview the post while drafting. I love that I can schedule a single post on multiple days. I LOVE the calendar view updates. I can quickly see what I have scheduled for each channel for that month and preview the post from the monthly calendar view. Brilliant. Thanks so much to the entire ContentCal team. I am so happy with the entire experience.

Cons

There's really not much I don't like. It would be nice to be able to post multiple photos to Instagram but I have a simple workaround for now. Everything else is smooth, intuitive, and improves my workflow greatly.

Paul I.

This software has changed my business!

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

The team at ContentCal are a dream to work with. They listen to feedback and help me move my business forward. I am grateful to them for the support they give me and my team.

Pros

The UI is great - it gives me an overview of where each of our content schedules is. We managed multiple clients so having all this in one place is great. We have used the Pause All Content feature a few times, when terrorist incidents have occurred. This was helpful for us to reevaluate the mood and change content accordingly. We use the system as a portal to give clients access to what we're doing and they love it.

Cons

I'd love to be able to post directly to Instagram, but I know this is coming.

Kerry D.

ContentCal - content planning and scheduling in one

Reviewed on 2019/07/01

I have always struggled to find a visually appealing content calendar that also schedules and auto posts and can be shared with clients for sign-off. ContentCal solved this issue for me as I can now plan out content which can be approved and scheduled with one click.

Pros

I love the visual layout of the software, works as a great content planner as well as scheduling tool. Easy to add content and share a single piece across all platforms. The built-in approvals system is a huge bonus, makes getting client sign-off on content so easy.

Cons

I would love an app through which to save content directly rather than having to do everything on desktop.

Not a bad platform, but not my favorite.

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Pros

I like the ability to see the photos large for each social channel each day. This is a layout I haven't found on other platforms.

Cons

The reporting/analytics lacked a lot of information and details required. We also had issues with content not publishing correctly.

Francois M.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

ContentCal is the Content Calendar for us

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

We have been able to consolidate all our calendars into one platform that has built in workflow. we are now saving more than 3 hours in just calendar setup, nevermind the management and publishing of content.
I feel that we are now in total control of our calendar services.

Pros

ContentCal fits our needs exactly. We have over 100 calendars to manage and found managing this with Google Sheets – just cumbersome and open to errors.
ContentCal’s workflow makes it really simple for my agency to create, approve and publish social content on behalf of our clients.

Cons

There are zero negatives for us. So easy and simple to implement.

• Industry: Photography
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Why I'm Loyal

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

I have used a LOT of different social media scheduling tools over the years. Nothing ever fit the bill. I'm confident that the team at Content Cal will continue to listen to their loyal users and keep making the tweaks and changes we request to make our content goals achievable.

Pros

Its really REALLY easy to use. MY VA loves it. Having a clear month ahead view works so well for my creative mind.

Cons

We can't post to facebook groups. We can't post to Pinterest and have to duplicate work on Tailwind. Migration was a nightmare to the new version. It cost me extra overtime for my Va to re-post work we had already posted.