InterGuard Employee Monitoring

Remote Employee Productivity Monitoring and Time Tracking

4 /5 (32 reviews) Write a Review!

4 /5
Steven S.

Installed, Not Working Correctly, No Response by Phone or Email for Refund

Reviewed on 2020/06/26

We had issues with the installation, and had no response to our email the day after we purchased the product regarding need for help. They were very responsive up until we paid them, but then the sales person stopped responding the following day, and the support phone always goes to voicemail. I finally got a hold of someone via chat to help us with the installation, they would not pick up the phone, so the support took 5 times as long to answer all questions and attempt to fix the installation on a device. Then the device continued to not properly report time logged in, active time, productivity, etc. They said they thought their systems were possibly down and should be back up soon, but then it still didn't work the next day. I emailed them to request a refund and a week later they still did not respond by email or phone, and the live chat just says to contact support by phone or email to request a refund.

Pros

Nothing. It never worked properly, even after live chat support remoted into our computer.

Cons

Customer support is lacking. Software doesn't accurately report information.

Andy M.
  • Industry: Food Production

Reliable monitoring

Reviewed on 2020/02/26

Overall, everything has been fine, just minus the screenshots.

Pros

The software was pretty straightforward to set up, especially when compared to others I tried and had to fight the antivirus software to even download. This is thorough and will alert me on key words, etc.

Cons

The one thing I do not like is the purchasing of the screenshots, I did not realize it'd actually run out and you'd have to buy more until it hadn't taken a screenshot for a few days. I purchased more and it ran out quickly so I do not think I'll even worry about getting screenshots now because that can get pricey in a hurry.

Employee monitoring

Reviewed on 2018/10/23

Pros

I like this software because how it monitors the activity and really keeps track of what is being done on systems by staff. The reports are detailed and provide data that can be presented easily to management.

Cons

I have not found anything I don't like about the software at this point.

Response from Awareness Technologies

Hi-

Thank you for the kind words. We are glad to hear that you like InterGuard. Please note that if you are having any issues at all, we have technical support available 24/7 by calling 1-800-998-5621.

Osman M.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Cannot Cancel Subscription obligated to a full year

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

None

Pros

There is nothing good about the software. It constantly disconnects. It has issues with all the browsers.(Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Cons

It disconnect all the times from the computer. It slows down your browser. I tried to cancel the subscription and they said it was not possible because I log in once in April and that automatically renewed my subscription. The reason I log in was to cancel the product not to use it. They will offer no solution. Horrible customer service.

Response from Awareness Technologies

Hi Osman-

I am sorry to hear you were having troubles with Chrome and IE. I am not aware of any issues with the service disconnecting and would like to have an opportunity to discuss this with you as I am sure we can get the software up and running. I also wanted to mention that we reach out to customers 30 days in advance of the subscription expiration date and provide an additional 30 days after you have renewed to cancel the subscription. I also check the account and you did cancel your subscription in April and your renewal date was several months prior to cancellation date. If you would like to discuss this with me please call 888-550-3130 x425.

Dena P.

Still trying to make it all work.

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

So far it has been challenging to receive data and use the reporting features. I am hopeful that this will all workout.

Pros

The cost of the software was the most appealing and that I could buy 1 license because I only have 1 employee .

Cons

Issues with installing. I had Interguard dial in to install and they did not install a extention that is needed for when the user uses Chrome so the system was not picking up the data. So had to have them go back and do that and now there are issues with the time stamp on emails being 6 hours off that they are working on. Also it will go days without pulling data and they have had to do a resent and then 2 days later it updates everything and I can see the data. I was hoping for this to be very fluid and it has not been.

Nolan B.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Good Product

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

Pros

Silent installer works well around antivirus software

Cons

Requiring more than 10 licenses for the silent installer was hard as we only needed a few licenses

Dominic R.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Sneak silently on a computer

Reviewed on 2018/10/08

It is a great tool to monitor activity silently on a computer. It has a lot of features, so for a newbie like I am, it takes time to master.

Pros

Easy to install, reports permit to see in a glance the activities.

Cons

To create reports, the interface has to be learned, and lack intuitivity.

Response from Awareness Technologies

Hi Dominic-

Thank you for the review, greatly appreciated. One of the many benefits that InterGuard has over other products is ease of use which makes it very simple to increase productivity or conduct an investigation regardless of your comfort level with technology. Another great benefit is that we can schedule an on boarding session with you to go over all of the features that InterGuard has to offer. Please call 888-550-3130 and ask to speak to an Account Manager. They are ready to help you better understand how to use and navigate through InterGuard.

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Beyond Employee Monitoring

Reviewed on 2020/08/06

After reviewing several EMS, Interguard has emerged as a top choice both in features and support, both of which are key for organizations in the new norm.

Pros

The support provided by Interguard is one of the best - from sales to support. The fact that it also has both DLP and end point lock down features is a major bonus.

Cons

The user interface feels dated and difficult to navigate for users who are not very tech-savvy.

Mike T.
  • Industry: Fine Art

Employee Monitoring Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

We "like" the software but the extra expense of the screenshots is keeping us from "loving" the software. Now that we know the actual price of the software, including the screenshots, we will be reviewing other software, which includes screenshots, once our yearly subscription is up.

Pros

I really like the web-based access. I can monitor our employee's computer use from anywhere I have internet access.

Cons

I don't like that we have to pay extra for screenshots. Other monitoring software I've used allows free continuous screenshots. Because it is expensive to use screenshots, we cut down how many screenshots each PC uses. We have is set to screenshot only every 30 seconds. This saves screenshots(money) but it has caused us to miss critical issues. By the time you add in the expense of screenshots, you'd be better off to purchase more expensive software which includes continuous screenshots in the purchase price.

Response from Awareness Technologies

Hi Mike-

Thank you for the review and the feedback, greatly appreciated. We provide multiple options with respect to screenshot recording and if you would like to discuss them on a phone call with me, please call 888-550-3130 x425. Happy to hop on a call to go over the options.

Ajmal R.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Monitoring Review

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

We needed a cost effective tool to easily decipher data from staff usage and review where and when required. InterGuard was theoretically perfect. The support is exceptional but overall unfortunately the system is as useful as a chocolate teapot unless you have full time resources dedicated to make it work. If you have the resources available, then I would definitely recommend this system.

Pros

In theory, it is plug and play. Very useful product to easily review employee activity and be able to filter down to details very quickly. Has a lot of lovely features which potentially are invaluable.

Cons

You need to be mindful of Antivirus software on Windows and Android updates and the resources required to implement.

Michael L.

Reviewed on 2018/10/16

Pros

I think the website blocking works well to a degree.

Cons

I think the reporting features are lacking.

Response from Awareness Technologies

HI Michael-

Thank you for the feedback, I am sorry to hear that you are having a less than optimal experience. We have technical support available 24/7 and we would be happy to assist you. If you would like to discuss this matter over the phone, please call Michael Goldberg directly @ 888-550-3130 x425.

Rick K.

HR team keeping them honest

Reviewed on 2018/10/14

Awesome product. Highly recommend!

Pros

Ease of use and overall features. Best feature is screenshots.

Cons

Setting up anti-virus protection exemption.

Response from Awareness Technologies

Hi Rick-

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad to hear that you like InterGuard and especially our screenshot feature. Please remember that if you are having any issues at all, we have technical support available 24/7 by calling 1-800-998-5621.

Tiger L.

Great customer services, 24-7 available!

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

monitoring employee activities, record, archive, and much more

Pros

Search, sort, keystroke catch and archive, screen shot, keyword setting, email aggregation, plus the wonderful customer services

Cons

Documentation seems needing to improve. If there is more video or instructor guided training, that would be even better

Response from Awareness Technologies

Hi Tiger,

Thank you for the response, greatly appreciated.

Awareness Technologies

William G.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

With the usage of Intergards SONAR Monitoring program, we have not experience any negative...

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

ahead of any internal threats.

Pros

Records all employee emails, instant messages, web sites visited, applications used, social network activity, keystrokes types, files transferred, all print activity to protect the integrity of the company. We are a 24/7 unsupervised work environment. By using Sonar, we obtain a virtual review of each employee through their 8 hr shift.

Cons

purchasing of SmartCamera Snapshots is an approximate guess to your actual need. We used up 1 unit (10,000 snapshots) in less than a month for a single employee. Recommendation, the quantity should include a few every month of the subscription with no carry over.

Response from Awareness Technologies

HI William,

Thanks for the response, and the feedback you provided. As a suggestion with respect to the screenshots, we have 3 different methods that will assist with conserving the amount you might use.

You have 3 different ways to record activity with the screenshot tool:

1) Continuous: will record activity in set intervals (5-60 seconds)

2) Smart Camera: will record all activity in selected programs or websites in set intervals (5-60 seconds)

3) Alert Word: will record screen each time a selected alert word is typed or viewed on screen

I think that with some settings changes you can reserve the amount of screenshots in your account. You may reach out to our support team to learn how to set these up or call us directly at 888-550-3130.

I hope this was helpful.

Steven G.

short and to the point

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

This monitoring software works ok and could be better.

Pros

InterGuard silently runs on the most common platforms.

Cons

The InterGuard software fails to record screenshots or data activity too often and requires support tickets to be opened to resolve. The uninstall process does not consistently recognize manager or admin passwords to uninstall when finished using on a target. This leads to orphaned software being left on the target machines or having to wipe and reinstall the operating system to remove. These areas need improvement.

Tymeshia K.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Caught red-handed

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

We have been with them since about 2011 and it has been a "lifesaver" for my employer, the IT, and the HR staff. **CUSTOMER SERVICE ** I REPEAT ** CUSTOMER SERVICE ** If any service industry modeled their customer service policy and efforts after the people at Sonar/Awareness/Interguard they would have loyal life, long customers.

Pros

Easy for us to use and quick with details need to find out who isn't a productive member of our team. The moment you sign on you will see who or what department you need to watch the most, after making adjustments to your allowed list you will see an improvement in team performance. Time thieves are caught red-handed.

Cons

Add an option to block a website with one click per department or network-wide. Need to be able to see keystrokes when it is not in a chat or email.

Jeremy H.
  • Industry: Food Production

Easy to use and configure

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

This software isn't hard to implement and makes some very easy to use and consume reports that are useful. This software also gives some insights into what could very well be non-compliant behavior by watching what the user is doing all the time and only reporting variations from their regular (and acceptable) work flow.

Pros

I like that this software stays out of the way of most anti-virus packages and it does not duplicate security software that is likely already in place.

Cons

I really am having trouble thinking of what I don't enjoy about this platform. I haven't run into any issues that their excellent support hasn't helped me resolve.

Response from Awareness Technologies

Hi Jeremy-

Thank you for the review, it is greatly appreciated. We truly pride ourselves on how easy InterGuard is to use and navigate regardless of one's comfort level with technology. Another great benefit is that we can schedule an on boarding session with you to go over all of the features that InterGuard has to offer. Please call 888-550-3130 and ask to speak to an Account Manager. They are ready to help answer any and all of your InterGuard questions.

Aviram G.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Superb and Easy way to know monitor your Employees

Reviewed on 2020/02/23

Pros

Easy to install & Highly configureable. the support team did try to help me alot when i had some issues installing the software on Old Computer.

It personally helped me managed a case of an employee that doing personal business work while at the office

Cons

Nothing i can think about right now.
Very happy with this software

Rich C.

Great Technical Support

Reviewed on 2020/08/21

Pros

I had great difficulty with the initial installation but Technical Support was great and provided the information I needed to complete the implementation.

Cons

I just installed the software for a client

Jim D.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Would recomment to all employers

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Pros

It is very easy to setup and use and i have never had an issue with the monitoring and reports.

Cons

So far I have not found any problems that would stop me from recommending it to anyone.

Response from Awareness Technologies

Hi Jim-

Thank you for recommending InterGuard to all employers. Please note that in the future if you are having any issues at all, we have technical support available 24/7 by calling 1-800-998-5621.

Pablo M.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Catching Everything on Employees Computers

Reviewed on 2019/10/02

Once the policies are set you can rely that InterGuard will be adding security layers to your network users while you comply with many regulations.

Pros

The ability to catch everything the user captures on his computer through a keylogger (even the raw) and then correlating the events giving an in-depth view of all employee activity enabling granular management .

Cons

More real time reporting is missed at some points to alert about malicious behavior or data exfiltration.

Alex M.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Best Software available

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

excellent customer service, great features, easy to use.

Pros

very easy to use, great report functionality, camera is amazing with updates!

Cons

nothing negative at this time, its been a pleasure

• Industry: Biotechnology

Functional a good investment for any company

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

It was good & worthwhile. Managed to prevent embezzling of company funds by 2 individuals through key word monitoring and further investigation.

Pros

It was able to capture key words and highlight it to the admin for further investigation. This saves a lot of time and can reveal a few surprises that wouldn't have been found out.

Cons

The pricing structure is a bit too high and it can be nullified by some anti virus software such as McAfee

Paul C.

Great service for our small non for profit

Reviewed on 2020/08/14

Pros

Phone tracking and monitoring of usage. Quick to use, once you understand the interface

Cons

online interface a bit cluttered. Not alot of online FAQ

Simon L.

Senior management team is pleased as substantial loss of productivity is recovered

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Prior to the implementation of InterGuard, we saw computer resources are abused making IT consistently battling with network performance and malware attack problems. Morale was driven down simultaneously as hard working individuals were emotional affected by the bad branches spending valuable time on unproductive personal interest during business hours.

InterGuard improved the situation by providing materials that HR can base upon to challenge the bad branches. Positive effects occur when actions are taken. The organisation turns itself into a productive machine over time.

Pros

InterGuard is easy to setup for general monitor. When specific investigation is required, InterGuard provided all the evidence required.

Account Manager and Support Team is knowledgeable and helpful, making every contact a pleasure.

Staff learn and understand that company resources are to produce return for company, and for themselves.

Cons

Staff morale dropped initially, however, gradually improves after bad branches are removed.

Prior to the rollout of InterGuard, coordination with Senior Management, IT, HR, legal and all departmental heads was necessary. We are a global company and legal consultation must occur to ensure what we do is compliant.

Response from Awareness Technologies

Hi Simon,

Thank you for the response, greatly appreciated.

Awareness Technologies