Showing 24 reviews of 13

Showing 24 reviews of 13
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Very easy to navigate, not easy to obtain tax rates

Reviewed on 2018/08/26

Pretty darn good.

Pros

I really enjoy the platform layout and the ability to choose the country and stock plan you want to view the rules for. It's also great to have the employee tax guides per country and award. The rules themselves are pretty easy to understand. Our client service managers are great and very helpful. I love the email updates of country taxation.

Cons

I wish the tax rates were easier to find and more broken out into appropriate tax tiers for certain countries. Also, while it's generally easy to understand the advice in the tax guides, some of the language isn't 100% clear.

Michael P.
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Never on time

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

Overall experience was crap. I've been using Solium since our Company became public. I made some transaction here and there but the last two transaction that i did for a large amount of money was delayed. I requested to wired the funds to my Bank. Normally it should take 3-5 business days. My last transaction actually is still on escalation. Sold my stock 2 weeks ago and still havent got it. Contacted Solium about the delay but they keep saying that the transaction has made and my Bank should have it by now. I called my Bank to verify if they have any pending transaction for me but they said they do not see anything on their end. My Bank asked me to call Solium and ask them for the FED IMAD or SSM. I called Solium about it and the rep said he requested the information from their bank and it will take time, so he said he'll call me back. I received a call from the rep stating that they do not provide those information. I asked to talk to a supervisor or manager to better understand what causing the delay. Finally they transfer the call to one of the supervisor from Solium. He said that the cause of delay might be the ABA routing number that i use is wrong. I told him, how is that possible if i verified that ABA routing number to one of my Bank rep over the phone. He said he will send a escalation to their operations team about it and contact me within 24-48 hours. I found out that the note he pout on the escalation was "i put the wrong ABA routing"

Pros

Solium website is easy to use and very straight forward.

Cons

There's always delay when you do transaction

Raphael S.

Great product for employee sharing plan

Reviewed on 2020/06/14

Overall, its a good product. I use it because i have no other choice. However, i do appreciate that things are very detailed and i also do like the mobile application. Awesome customer service by the way.

Pros

I use this product because its the one that is offered to me as the employee profit sharing plan. However, i must admit that it is very easy to use and very clearly detailed so its easy for users to understand.

Cons

When i created my account i had selected "TFSA" account however i was provided with a non registered account. This was something i was actually unaware of until i checked my account. I am still not sure what happened here.

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Love the dashboard

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Absolutely love it. I enjoy checking things at a glance and it is easy to navigate which is perfect when I don't have a lot of time to check on things.

Pros

The dashboard is my favorite part due to the ease of seeing my account and important information at a quick glance. Also how it shows the current stock price at the top of the page allows me to know what is going on with our shares.

Cons

Don't have any negative feedback on the software. It is exactly what I need and is displayed how I like to see things.

Paul G.

The best employee share scheme admin software

Reviewed on 2020/08/27

Pros

The admin features, reporting and award management, are terrific.

Cons

Some of the user experience for particpants is a little confusing for staff.

Kevin M.

Very poor product with useless customer service

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

Pros

I used Shareworks to receive stock through an old company. The only thing I liked about this product is that it was low maintenance while the account was open.

Cons

Everything from the User Interface to the customer service for this product has been a thorn in my side for the last two months. I am attempting to transfer my shares to a new broker for close to two months and the company is effectively holding my shares hostage. 1) The user interface is clunky and nothing is easy to find. There is nothing intuitive about any of the menu's or screens, it is hard to find what you are looking for without customer service's help, and that includes simple things like your own address or viewing your balances. 2) They have specific rules & policies in place that make it difficult to work with other banks. They are the only company that has denied me external requests and forced me to make any account changes through their system. 3) Their customer service is bad, friendly but incompetent. I have spoken to between 5 and 10 customer service agents in the last 2 months trying to figure out why transfers are failing. They all give you different answers to the same question. Even right now, I am speaking to customer service and I have gotten two different answers to the same question. Anything they tell you is from a script and you do not get accurate information unless you walk them through every step of the issue. For example "Your transfer was sent last week" usually leads to, "Oh, I looked again and it wasn't actually sent until today". There's something fishy going on with this company and I expect it is wide spread disorganization

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Establishing a Clear Portal for RSUs

Reviewed on 2020/05/11

Efficient, direct, and allows me to make the right decisions when needed.

Pros

Shareworks helps me access my portfolio with a user friendly interface. I would suggest this product to any company that want's to offer stocks to their employees.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to transact selling off shares. As well as a more friendly color scheme.

Ravi B.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Intuitive interface

Reviewed on 2020/05/09

I liked the tool, the representation is very good.

Pros

I really liked the way shares show up on the dashboard and it is very intuitive. Also, documents related to grants can be located easily

Cons

Session expires too soon and a bit advanced for first time users. It might confuse them. Otherwise everything is good

Eric M.

The software is okay, but could be more user friendly.

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Pros

The software seems to do its job of properly calculating the stock compensation expense for us, but also seems to be somewhat not user friendly. The customer service is also lacking in ability to help at times I feel. I feel like it takes some time to get responses sometimes.

Cons

The interface is confusing and not easy to use in my opinion. It feels like a dated interface that is not what people are used to today.

Leilani G.

user friendly and intuitive

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

I like how this software develops reports, analyses and is user friendly. Very easy to run graphs and also very easy to understand the graphs that are generated.

Cons

It would be nice to see additional functionalities in report analyses, research articles or resources to help people understand their shares.

Ca L.
  • Industry: Research
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Exceedingly difficult to access your account

Reviewed on 2021/02/12

If Shareworks ever eliminates the unnecessary obstacle course between users and logging into their accounts, it will be a good product. Until then, stay away.

Pros

Transparency, relevant information is available within Shareworks

Cons

Shareworks' login system is exceedingly not user friendly. Each account has four different usernames (account #, work and personal email, and username), and it's not clear if they are interchangeable. They have an over-zealous security system which makes it impossible to log in if you have had multiple unsuccessful logins (around five, which seems to include trying your four usernames). The account becomes "locked," and can only be unlocked by talking on the phone with a live representative, which is an option only available during Colorado weekday business hours. I was on hold for over 20 minutes the last time I had to unlock my account.
As you can imagine, locking users out of their accounts is very serious for a company that is the gateway through which users can only purchase shares during open windows. For example, I learned from a colleague that our exercise window was about to close, and phoned Shareworks to access my account, but did not reach a representative before closing, so I was not able to exercise during that window, costing me a significant sum in additional taxes.
In addition, the phone representative told me additional bugs in their login system, including users having more problems when logging in with emails (vs account #), and the app having more problems than the website for login password resets.

David T.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Clear and easy

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Pros

I find seeing and understanding my options simple and easy. The UI is easy to navigate

Cons

Nothing for me on this one. Not much to say I like this software.

Katherine T.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

simple interface and dashboard offerings

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

it is used mainly a portal for tracking equity in dash

Pros

easy to navigate the equity management and platform which include a dashboard view and menu with features

Cons

owned by morgan stanley but lacks the interface is lacking for equity planning and financial advising, will have to move out to another portfolio to self manage