CorelDRAW

Professional graphic design software

Hugh H.

Best illustration software around

Reviewed on 2021/01/22

I have been using versions of this program for over 15 years, mostly for sign making, but also printed brochures, and web graphics. I have used the comparable Adobe products, I find this much better. However Adobe won't import CDR files, and there may be issues if you are dealing with designers that us Adobe.

Pros

Very well featured, comes with an amazing tool set, plus a separate but integrated full featured photo editing software, similar to Photoshop, and a font organizer, and other optional goodies. Multi page layout, can import almost any other graphics such as PSD, AI, DXF, PDF, DOC and all image formats. Imports generally work fine, though with occasional formatting glitches that need to be worked around.
It's main strength is as a vector graphics editing software- though not simple, it's way easier and more intuitive than any other I've tried. Currently you can still buy the software, but it may go to a subscription plan in the near future. For cross platform, the save as PDF seems very reliable.
The newest version is available for Mac, older ones were only Windows.

Cons

This actually has way more features than I can ever use, frankly for my purposes I could have stayed with a much earlier version, however Windows upgrades forced me into the newer versions. Some of the versions were very buggy, but the one I'm using 2018 seems pretty stable, though can get slow even with fairly simple work.
Support is inconsistent, but there's a lot of online forums.

Sanjona R.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great for editing, specially for books and magazines

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

Pros

Very useful and easy to use, it's useful for editing pages and making page layouts. Can handle a large amount of data and elements without slowing down! Better than Illustrator if you want to make layout changes and not edit the individual elements

Cons

Some tools are harder to learn, but there are many online tutorials to help you master it!

Antonio R.
  • Industry: Design

Corel helped me in every area of my business

Reviewed on 2020/02/01

My favorite is the ability to make flyers in brilliant beautiful colors! I love the ability to easily convert anything on the screen to an object and then use layers to help me guide through the process. It's a dream program.

Pros

I could make anything! Import and export anything! And it was easy. Learning CorelDraw, I thought, would be difficult. It wasn't. I love this product!

Cons

I have no complaints about CorelDraw. I love it.

Robyn H.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

A good place to start for anyone serious about getting into graphics design.

Reviewed on 2021/02/21

CorelDRAW is overall a very capable software. The possibilities of what you can create with it are endless. I started using CorelDRAW at architecture school and used it to do everything from creating custom graphics to final presentation layouts. This software was pretty easy to learn. The learning process is never finished with this software as after more than two years of using it, I’m still discovering new ways to achieve my desired results. No matter how many other software I use that can do the same thing, ultimately I always come back to CorelDraw.

Pros

Great for beginners.
Once mastered, CorelDRAW delivers fast results.
Multiple releases each with more and more features.
It’s a vector-based illustration software used for designing, leaving you with clean and sharp edges, no matter how many times you resize elements.

Cons

Though it is great for beginners, it is not the industry standard that sometimes complicates collaborative design efforts.
CorelDRAW is very temperamental, like when you switch between different tools too fast, the program would slow down, freeze, and in most cases crash.

Favour O.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Corel draw, A wonder!

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

So far Corel draw has made me fall in love with my computer,these days I find it hard to leave my computer screen because daily I get to explore and discover new and exciting features and designs,all it takes is for me to imagine a design in my mind and voila! It comes alive!!

Pros

I love every feature on the app.
The fact that I can easily access and understand how to use the tools and mix the colour palettes to get a desired shape and colour makes me excited!!
The shape tool is my favorite tool so far,this particular tool in my opinion is the most interesting of all the tools,with this tool you get to shape and restructure different things into different shapes and ways,you can also use this tool to edit pictures without depending on photoshop!
The colours are another beautiful aspect of this software, most of the colours like yellow,light ash,light green brings your shapes and designs to life.
I Love Corel draw for life!!

Cons

I would like just one feature to be worked on which is the bitmap function.
Once converted that design cannot be edited again.
It would be lovely to still easily make adjustments to designs even in bitmap form.

Miguel B.

Design software

Reviewed on 2021/02/14

I liked as a beginner user but to get to know and to become an advanced user I found it too complicated with a little support. I had created simple designs for which I think Corel is a good option but to create compound vectors or shapes you have to spend extra effort and time in order to get the desired results.

Pros

Some tools of Corel caught my attention. This software offers to be the alternative as professional design software of Adobe products.
Some features in design with Corel you can do with simple steps but some of them you need to have previous experience in designing.

Cons

To obtain professional results in graphics design with Corel you have to have previous knowledge in design. The lack of support to learn the use of the software. In difference with its direct competitor I think they should improve it.

Krishan K.

I love to use Coreldraw. It is very useful software to create graphic design.

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

Pros

Corel draw is very easy to use, a newbie can also use Coreldraw easily, this is it's main positive point.
I am using Corel draw since last 6 six years . It's a fantastic software to create graphics , visiting cards, pamphlets and leaflets. Shape tool is my favourite tool in Corel draw. There are many other tools which saves my lots of time. Transformation, clipping, convert to curves etc etc. There are endless things to share about Corel draw beauty. In short it is best software to new beginner in the field of graphic designing.

Cons

Corel draw is not suitable for imaging, this is the only thing which o don't like about Corel draw. Whenever I need to wait images I have to switch to Photoshop. This is what Corel draw is not suitable.

• Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

CorelDRAW does all it needs to.

Reviewed on 2019/10/19

Designing with CorelDRAW is great and easy.

Pros

The Ease of use, as well as it's compatibility with Adobe Illustrator.

Cons

It doesn't exactly offer a good platform for sketching despite being a vector app.

Dewey B.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Affordable Alternative to Adobe Illustrator

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

We found CorelDRAW to be easier to work with when utilizing it for small scale projects. We definitely recommend it for people just starting out with vector art.

Pros

The price alone makes CorelDRAW an awesome alternative to Adobe Illustrator, but it is also much easier to accomplish great results due to the tools being easier to use and great automatic digitization. While Illustrator can be daunting for a new user, CorelDraw's interface and helpful tools let beginners jump right in and create good looking vectors.

Cons

Since Adobe Illustrator is the industry standard, file compatibility becomes an issue when trying to collaborate with other artists. I've also noticed that CorelDraw tends to slow down when working with large file sizes, making it cumbersome to edit projects that feature tons of layers. Ultimately, compatibility is what makes us choose Illustrator over this otherwise great software.

Waqas A.

There is nothing like coral draw for drawings

Reviewed on 2021/02/15

Our overall experience is very good and we are using it almost or accurately for more than a decade. There is no limit to draw things in coral.

Pros

We have been using coral draw for almost a decade now, there is nothing like coral draw in this world. The numbers of the feature are almost unlimited, It supports almost every language & font on this earth as per my experience because we use it to draw in many different languages including Arabic & Urdu.

Cons

It needs certain training to operate coral draw correctly. The numbers of features make it a bit difficult to use. But if you have seen some training then nothing is impossible in coral draw

Great drawing software

Reviewed on 2018/04/12

I strongly recommend corel draw for engineers, is not a tool that should be used just by designers, since it can improve graphs and presentations created just with office, and add a more professional touch that always surprises clients.

Pros

Corel draw is an excellent drawing software, it has so many great functionalities, Creating posters for example is just really easy (after you learn every command), and the fact that you can customize the graphs comming from excel make corel a great tool for engineering.

Cons

For you to work smoothly on corel you need to learn so many commands, so getting the hang of it can take a while. Also it requires lots of power for it to run without any issues.

Bruno S.
  • Industry: Printing

Coreldraw Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

I use Coreldraw to draw up complex artworks and it turns out perfectly well. My overall experience is very good.

Pros

As far as computer graphic design is concerned, coreldraw has proven to be one of the most versatile and easy to use program. The center wheel button on mouse does more good to me in zooming artboards without engaging keyboard command and mouse, or hitting the zoom button in the screen. So the center wheel is an important peripheral especially for those people that might be using one hand due disability or any other problem. I attest to the dynamic use of the wheel because my left arm is partially disabled.

Another good thing is the dictionary (thesaurus) in the program. This simply means the chances to mispell words are very minimal.

Cons

Coreldraw has no cons. I have been using it for more than 8 years.

Christopher V.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Corel - The best vector program

Reviewed on 2020/02/21

My experience with Corel is the best possible, I owe much of it to the professional that I became.

Pros

I am suspicious to speak, because I have been working with Corel for over 8 years, I have followed the evolution of the APP over the years, and honestly I think every year is better, it always helps me to solve the problems of my profession that appear during the day (I am a designer graphic).

Cons

If I were to think of something to improve maybe it would be the delay that some effects take to be realized, such as the "find and replace" that often crashes my computer, but that's it.

Ejikam G.
  • Industry: Design

Neat

Reviewed on 2019/09/22

Corel draw has been a wonderful application to make graphic design easy and neat after exporting,the display is so clean that you wonder how you started.

Pros

The ability to do a lot on just one page, with directions when you click on any tools you hope to use.perfect for logo,poster and flyer designs, its display is good enough to preview high resolution images.A must use for all designers

Cons

You need to understand corel draw to be able to use it,if you save a work on corel 11 ,you need to curve it to be able to use it well ok another version of corel draw so it does not distort when imported

Amanda W.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Have been using for years and will continue to do so

Reviewed on 2019/05/04

I have been using CorelDraw for years. I use it along with a machine of mine to create items, and although I am no expert CorelDraw allows me to make the most amazing things. I'm still pretty much a beginner, maybe almost an armature, but while using this software I have been creating since day 1 because of how easy it was to learn! I have tried two other software before this, and they both were way too complicated for me to understand.

Pros

Easy to use, simple to learn and affordable. Great for beginners and experts.

Cons

The latest update wasn't the greatest, but after watching a few YouTube videos I was able to use the software quickly within a few days.

Kenneth S.

A solid product with good cover of use.

Reviewed on 2017/11/10

I use this product for designing documents, covers and headers almost daily. I enjoy using it and steadily learn to use more features and to use it better.

Pros

I like the variability of the product with its range of features and the reliability. I have used this on Windows 7 Home and Pro 64 bit as well as Windows 10 Home and Pro 64 bit with no issues or stability or compatibility.

Cons

The thing I found I liked least was the steep learning curve to using the product for me as a complete newbie on first use. I found I needed to use the tutorials, yet the tutorials were too basic and didn't cover what I wanted to do with Corel.

Friday A.

CorelDraw Software Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

Using CorelDraw enables me to design with ease artworks for clients, name it: logo, flier, newsletter, banner, card and the list goes on.

CorelDraw has also helped me to master with ease the use of other image editing software.

Pros

CorelDraw workspace and features serve easier to navigate when designing for pages of newsletter, brochure, magazine, book and other jobs that require tons of pages.

Cons

As every software is limited in use by the level of the present needs it can solve, so also CorelDraw has some cons. Its aesthetic retouching of photos doesn't satisfy my desire that much.

Ricardo D.

Essential for any professional who is linked to the world of design

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

It has allowed me to elaborate manuals and instructions in the electoral field and I use it frequently as a support to complete work reports. If I need to vectorize an image that I will use as an annex in a report, this software is my first choice.

Pros

I have used this software for 3 years and I can verify that it is easy to learn, it also contains a great help panel, the automatic vectorization tool is incredible, the preview of the texts facilitates the design process, it contains a wide range of tools manual vectorization. in general lines it is a very complete software suitable for beginners and experts

Cons

software is very slow when working with books and magazine of more than 80 pages, besides the import module is not completely accurate, it usually imports files with some vectorization errors, it is necessary to expand the options to import texts and improve the tools used when the rtextos are transformed into vectors or contours

Ian A.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Decades of great results

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

I have used CorelDraw for nearly 30 years, since version 3.0. I have tried other vector illustration programs and they just don't compare. CorelDraw is intuitive, robust, versatile, and precise. I have used it for everything from designing t-shirts, to web images, to bumper stickers, to church heraldry and illustrations for the U.S. government.

Pros

I like the intuitive interface and the precision I can achieve with the program. The suite comes with hundreds of typefaces (some of which you would pay dearly for if buying from the source foundry) and clipart. I have really enjoyed the addition of the in-program bitmap trace, replacing the less-robust standalone CorelTrace.

Cons

I dislike recent changes to the fit text to path feature, as it requires more work to get the desired effect, and the rotation of letters is less precise. Corel PhotoPaint, which is included in the suite, is difficult to use compared to Adobe Photoshop.

George K.
  • Industry: Media Production

CorelDRAW: The way to success!

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

COMPLICATED!

Pros

Everything! Absolutely every single thing! CorelDRAW is the most complicated software. Especially, I have made a big step when I started to work in CorelDRAW. It gave me a chance to make a logos, posters and many other things. Interface is my favorite part of this software. I like it the most!

Cons

As I said, interface is the my favorite part of this software and also, a hard one too. CorelDRAW has many tools to use and it makes it hard to find what you want.

Fabrício R.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

An extremely robust and useful tool for creating vector drawings

Reviewed on 2021/04/11

Corel is one of (if not the) best software for creating vector drawings, it has a wealth of tools and resources that is really impressive, the drawing tools, creating geometric shapes, features like welding, joining and grouping are very good and speed up the service too much, the software sometimes has some problems with very complex images and it is not always able to complete certain commands due to the complexity of the design but this is not one of the worst problems, the positives are greater than the negatives

Pros

Corel has a lot of resources, the drawing tools are very complete and diverse, the options for creating geometric shapes are also very good. The software allows you to work with a perfect alignment of the drawings and with very exact measurements in several units of measure, this is extremely important as you make drawings that require precision. The biomap masks and the possibility to change the drawings proportionally is also very good

Cons

It is a little expensive software, it has many, many features, but sometimes it is a little expensive for those just starting out. The software sometimes hangs with very complex designs and sometimes excludes, creates and duplicates lines and curves that did not exist

Muddassar B.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Best Graphic Design and Vector Designing Platform

Reviewed on 2020/06/29

My overall experience with CorelDRAW is really outstanding and incredible. Because I have designed a lot of stuff for my vector websites using the CorelDRAW.

Pros

CorelDraw allows you to design professional graphics and vectors. You can design beautiful brochures, flyers, business cards, invitation cards, gift cards, and much more using the CorelDraw.

Cons

CorelDRAW tools are really easy to understand and use. I am honestly speaking, I never faced any issue in the CorelDRAW. So for me, there are no cons.

Yessenia E.

Great software to design and vectorize images

Reviewed on 2018/12/26

The overall experience is great! I definitely recommend corel, I think it's a must have program and will definitely keep using it. And will wait for a mac version to use it even more!

Pros

I have use Corel Draw for several years and is still my favorite of all. It is the most easiest to learn and to use. Anyone can learn to use it properly in a few weeks. With corel I have been able to create nice designs, some logos, vectorize images, and you can even open other formats like .eps, .pdf, psd on corel to modify.

Cons

The only con that I see is that they don't have a version for mac os only windows. So for me since my macbook pro is the one I always have with me, it's a little disappointing because I can't make designs on my mac, I have to switch to my desktop pc since is the only computer with windows that I own. I hope that they will make a version soon for mac users.

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great for old-school / beginner vector illustrators, if it wasn't for the price

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

A great old-school and reliable vector-graphics tool, but too pricey for what it offers.

Pros

It has a very old-school user interface, while also being very simple learn and grasp. It has a great variety of features -- while not as many as Adobe Illustrator or as versatile as Affinity Designer -- are still plenty in general to make good art and even work with raster images. It also has a good stylus support, making it great for complex vector illustrations. And its also very stable and reliable.

Cons

Its old-school nature of user experience, however, means some of its features are kind of unintuitive to use for modern vector-handling, and also making it sometimes slow to work with. Since it is primarily confined to the Windows ecosystem also makes it difficult to work with files on another operating system unless you export it to another open standard for vectors. On top of that, the full price is far too much, considering Inkscape, being free, has a similar interface and can practically do 70% of what Corel can do. The subscription fee, while helpful, also isn't appealing, since professional illustrators would instead opt to get Affinity Designer instead.

Nadir S.

Graphic Designing at Corel Draw

Reviewed on 2020/05/29

My overall experience with Corel Draw is very good as what i want i can make here with my own choice colours and designs. By using this software i am boosting my business as well.

Pros

It is easy to use, There's are more options to make any design with your ease. We can make anything as we like.

Cons

This software is very easy to use just by a little bit practice. What i like here we can make any logo, designs, business cards, brouchers, letter heads etc. As it is very helpful in my business.