4,4
4,8
Raul P.

AvPro Software

Reviewed on 2020/01/23

Much faster PO, SO and shipping of products.

Pros

Cost of software, Customer support, easy to use

Cons

Some minor glitches that are being solved.

Kelly F.
Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Why We Chose AvPro

Reviewed on 2019/08/16

Overall, our experience has been very good. Not too many bumps, but if and when one arises, the AvPro team is right there for us. I

Pros

Vogt Aero is a small solutions based aviation parts manufacturing company. We will be expanding in the next 5 years into other areas of the aviation business and AvPro really made sense for us in the long term as we can add to it as we grow. I personally have enjoyed using this software and learning how it works. It has helped us streamline our RFQ, work order, PO and invoicing processes so far and I know that there is much more this can do, but we are not there yet.

Customer support has been fantastic. I know that Customer service executive and his team have gone above and beyond for us and that to me is priceless.

Cons

The one thing I really wish was available is a instruction manual as there are so many things this software can do and I know that I am only just scratching the surface. I have to figure out a lot on my own, but with that said, Customer service executive and his team have been really helpful and readily available for us when we need some guidance or have questions.

Shonna F.

Avpro review

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

I have enjoyed using Avpro, we are currently switching software now and we will miss alot of things about Avpro!!!

Pros

Really have enjoyed the easiness of this software. Made tracking simple with options to adjust!

Cons

Too many glitches, not able to delete certain things and duplicate entries!!!

Response from Decision Software Systems

We will miss Alpine as a valued client. They had a custom built system that varied from our standard version. They have had many network/ hardware/ virus issues that caused data corruption that we have not seen at any of our other clients. Also, they wished to delete items that would impact data integrity and trace-ability. We were always very responsive to support calls but rarely would they call us if they had a problem. Our support service is second to none as our other clients would attest to. We will, however, miss them and thank them for years of doing business with them.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Ralph C.

San Tan Aviation

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

Going from Quickbooks to AV-Pro gave use so much more control of our inventory, Purchasing and component tracking.

Pros

All of it's functions. With a bit of customization to the forms, we where able to create a perfect fit for needs.

Cons

Does not interact with Quickbooks and FedEx ship Manger software.

Gabriel G.

AvPro has improved our productivity with a small investment compared to other comparable systems.

Reviewed on 2018/01/26

Pros

There are several advantages to using AvPro. First, it can be deployed from our data center using citrix which provides 24/7 access around the work in real time. Because of the nature of our business being niche, we found customization to be straight forward with little to no cost. In addition, our strict certifications require calibrated tooling, serialized part numbers, and demanding financial reporting that AvPro can support. Other pros include easy training options, direct access to support, and overall reliability. I also like that updates can easily be added for fixes and upgrades.

Cons

The visual impact of using the software may look outdated, but it certainly doesnt take away from functionality. Our customers usually need more info and education about AvPro due to it not being a larger brand. In my opinion, the pros have far outweighed the cons while saving time and money.

Kevin "howie" H.

A cost effective solution for aircraft maintenance management and record keeping

Reviewed on 2015/03/06

I cannot speak highly enough about this software. Having a fleet of over 20 prior military aircraft operating on government contract, this software has been critical to maintaining accurate records and easing the burden of component and inspection tracking. This software was a critical part of our company being the first civilian contracted air services company to be awarded a NAVAIR flight clearance. While I have come across a few bugs, and things that could be better, I have been amazed at the level of customer service and responsiveness to problems and suggestions to help the software meet my needs. Gerry and Nathan are always there when I need tech support or updates and the turnaround time to apply fixes is generally less than 24 hours. Can't say enough about how great the customer service is. I would rather use a product with a few bugs that the provider is willing to change to meet specific needs, than a product that locks you in and is not expandable or able to grow as your needs grow. Ease of use only got 3 stars because operating on the cloud has its limitations with regard to speed. Highly recommend a 100mbps speed or higher if using the cloud. Otherwise the software is a great tool. Highly recommended

Joseph F.

We are FAA 145 air agency and the software meets our current needs. It is easy to use & reliable.

Reviewed on 2017/11/03

Pros

The Task Cards, Work Orders and Purchase Order. The task cards (routine and non-routines are easy to follow when being created.

Cons

I would have liked to see better color on narrative while on the screen; e.g., red to be displayed when there is a conflict, an error or items not yet properly closed. Black color narrative all ok or properly closed.

Kirsten S.

Great software and great support

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

Easy updating and editing. Whenever I had an issue, support team took the time to walk me through the process step by step.

Cons

Report output. Support team is right there making changes to get it to where it should be though!

Glen W.

Hospital Wing Review

Reviewed on 2014/05/12

PROS: We started using this primarily as a parts inventory and work order system, but it allows us to incorporate more than just parts and work orders. We can apply dollar amounts to our parts as well and that is real handy when printing out work orders that you have attached parts to. We have also imported 8130's to the work orders and allows us to have a standard log book entry. We have also imported our maintenance checklists which you can access from each work order. We are still in an infant stage of what this software can do and we are exploring more and more advantages of it.
Cons: There have been some learning issue's, but they have all been on our side. After a quick call it was understood. Familiarization of the system comes after working with it for a while.

Steve B.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2015/03/06

I have being using AvPro for a little over eight years know and it is by far one of the most user friendly maintenance software's out there. The customer support is outstanding the tech guys are always available to help. The best part of the software is seamless integration within all the modules. New updates are always being added to make the product better. I would recommend this software to anyone who want to get a better handle on tracking there maintenance and parts.

Response from Decision Software Systems

Steve is an experienced user and has given us many improvements that we have integrated into this product.

Kirk P.

Awesome Product, No Better Value

Reviewed on 2015/03/06

I use this product for tracking aircraft inspection and component times for a fleet of 30 aircraft; several thousand items. The software's low cost makes it the best value I could find. It offers a lot of flexibility and control that I didn't find in supposedly "higher-end" software. The best part of the program is the support. Responses to questions or concerns are immediate and accurate. The only drawback I've found is that the documentation is somewhat limited, which slowed the initial learning curve; however, their ace support department made the process smooth.

Mihir M.

Maintenance Software

Reviewed on 2012/10/22

I would reccomend this software because of the ease of use and teh fact that it is easily customised to my needs by Gerry.
It is extremely user friendly and is a must for any small to medium sized company.

Pros

Software is easy to use and print reports from.
Customer support is excellent and very responsive to my needs

Cons

there are no cans that I can think of

Chuck H.

Pacific Aircare Inc.

Reviewed on 2010/01/13

go get it....you will like it!!!!

Pros

Its all it should be......wonderful, Gerry Merer was great to work with even though I didn't always get it, he stuck with me and now I cant imagine not having this to work with!

Cons

it takes some getting used to in the start. like anything,but does come easily and well worth it.

Sara O.

Decent

Reviewed on 2010/05/12

would recoomend that maybe a portal where the potential customer could play with they software after a demo to make sure it meets their needs. For the money it is a good starting point for a new business

Pros

pretty easy to use. Customer suport helpfull. inventory mod is good

Cons

some bugs/glitches without purchasing whole package. some fields not consistant throughout sw. where some fields are doesnt make sense the order is a bit weird. Would like screen to be larger for some applications

Jake S.

AvPro

Reviewed on 2014/05/15

The system is easy to use, very comprehensive and Gerry and Nathan are always available to resolve any issues in a very timely manner.

Mufaddal H.

Product Review

Reviewed on 2015/03/10

I am very happy with their product.
they are always there, if there is any changes to be made.