Elizabeth R.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Excellent Enhancement of Meetings

Reviewed on 2020/11/13

It is an excellent tool to use for meetings, communication with members of a board, and has top notch security features!

Pros

For several years, I have been a user of Nasdaq Boardvantage Portal (on behalf of my boss) with regards to quarterly Board Meetings he attends either in person (or since Covid, virtually).. I have found the portal to be an outstanding tool in communicating with other board members and the Executive Director. Most important in today's world in cybersecurity, and the Nasdaq Boardvantage Portal is very secure. It's an excellent product, and I highly recommend it. Also, should a question come up, you can always reach their customer service team, which is excellent.

Cons

There are no cons. It's easy to use, they have great customer service, and accessing your information is intuitive.

Val rie S.
  • Industry: Research

A few thoughts

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

My overall experience has been positive. The folks that I have or currently work with to manage our account and troubleshoot issues are all fabulous.

Pros

The interface is great and allows me to provide our board with the information they need in a timely and organized fashion.

The administrative functions provide me with an easy way to collect, store and distribute materials.

Cons

The lack of integration of the meeting module with Outlook calendaring is frustrating. It inhibits the smooth flow of communication with users regarding meeting RSVPs. Creates additional work all around.

Response from Nasdaq

Thank you for your feedback! We are always working hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear about your positive experience with the Nasdaq Boardvantage team!

Sandy K.

NBV Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

User friendly, and most all of our users experience relatively few issues and can navigate through the screens easily to find what they need.

Pros

It is fairly intuitive, with the exception of a couple of small items, you usually don't need to contact support often.

Cons

Prepping for the last board meeting, I had an incident where the linked agenda just "disappeared" with the notation, File Corruption. Not sure why or how that happened, but I have had similar situations once or twice previously. I just deleted it and started over, as I didn't have time to contact anyone.

Response from Nasdaq

Thank you for your review, Sandy! We appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts with us, and we're happy to hear about your positive experience with Nasdaq Boardvantage. Please let us know if you experience any future incidents and our support team will be happy to assist you.

Kerry H.
  • Industry: Building Materials
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Best customer service on the planet.

Reviewed on 2020/05/17

My overall experience has been exceptional. It meets all of our Board requirements and we have room to expand our use to other business functions and other features.

Pros

While I do enjoy the software, the Customer Service far surpasses any other I have ever called. No matter what the question, the people answering the phones ALWAYS have the answer.
I do enjoy being able to edit files in the software and my favorite feature is the Presenter Mode.

Cons

Any issues I have had with the software has been related to my browser, not the software.

Response from Nasdaq

Kerry, thank you for sharing your positive experience using Nasdaq Boardvantage! Our customer service team is fantastic, and we're happy that you think so, too. Thanks again!

David M.

User review

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

Security

Pros

Easy to use as a director who isn’t running/ chairing meeting.

Cons

Can’t print out papers to annotate. This can be difficult when chairing meeting.

Response from Nasdaq

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, David! We appreciate your honesty and we keep product innovation at the top of mind. Your input makes a difference. If you're interested in annotating documents, we suggest trying our private and shared annotations feature that also allows you to highlight, draw, and drop pins on files.

Nancy K.

Very Satisfied Board Member

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Pros

The ease of use and assured confidentiality make this software very satisfactory.

Cons

Initially, access seemed problematic, but this no longer an issue.

Response from Nasdaq

Hello Nancy, we are pleased to hear that you've found Nasdaq Boardvantage easy to use and that it is meeting all of your confidentiality and security needs. Thank you for being a Nasdaq Boardvantage client!

Rachel S.

Worth it

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

Overall my experience has been very good. At the moment I believe I am receiving way too many emails from Nasdaq it is a bit overkill there are 1 or 2 and sometimes more in my In Box for Nasdaq every day. On top of all the other emails I am receiving it does not give me sufficient time to look at them all.

Pros

It saves me a lot of time. It is pretty user friendly. I have always found the customer support to be fabulous.

Cons

The log in process is what I like the least about this software.

Response from Nasdaq

Rachel, thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are actively looking for feedback like yours, and we're committed to improving email and communication governance.

James W.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Improving after a tricky start!

Reviewed on 2020/01/03

Had some good support in recent months so starting to make it work better for us

Pros

Good way of sharing documents with the Board and also lets them add notes/comments when they review the documents.

Cons

We have had some teething problems and think we made the initial set up too complicated. Some of the navigation can be a bit clunky at times.

Response from Nasdaq

James - we always aim to deliver a great experience, and we apologize for your tricky start. However, we're so glad to hear that Nasdaq Boardvantage features like document sharing and collaboration have proved useful for your team. Our award-winning Client Service group is a fantastic resource and would be more than happy to continue to support you in any way necessary. Thank you for leaving us this note!

Aya T.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Easy to use but need more upgrade

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

Pros

easy to upload and collate documents
easy to share secure documents

Cons

Only word file can be a front page of a book so if any other files, excel or power point, can be a front page, it is more easy to use.
Email system is not comfortable because I cannot see the precious email when creating new email.
When adding documents onto book, it is very helpful if "Update" mark can be added next to the document name on the front page automatically

Response from Nasdaq

Hello Aya, thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you have found it easy to upload and share documents securely! We continue to improve our document management system, so in the meantime your feedback is important to us!

Dana S.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/05/18

The customer service is wonderfully helpful in walking you through any trouble shooting and also provided me with a backup alternative in case needed in the future as a temp fix.

Pros

The product makes it very easy to upload documents to create pacakges for Board presentation. And on the flip side, very easy for the Board to obtain and review when the packages are complete.

Cons

I have no complaints about the software at the current time.

Response from Nasdaq

Dana, thank you for reviewing Nasdaq Boardvantage! We love to hear that you and your board find our features useful and our customer service is readily available to help.

Tatia L.

Great Board Portal

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

Boardvantage has been widely accepted and used by staff and our board members. They are really pleased with the performance and like not having to have "hard copy" materials but also like the ease of use of the portal.

Pros

I like how simple it is to upload, edit and create board materials in on location that is easy to access by all

Cons

Sometimes depending on the device you are viewing your materials on, when you click on an item to view it doesn't always start on the beginning page, it opens on like the second or third page.

Response from Nasdaq

Hi Tatia,
Our goal is to make board processes easier and more efficient to manage, and we are ecstatic to hear how Nasdaq Boardvantage has helped you! Our customer service team is available 24/7 if you have questions related to viewing materials across devices. Thank you for leaving us this review!

Pearl R.

The Support wasnt that great

Reviewed on 2020/03/17

It was ok, not a terrible product at all. The technical guys were helpful but the service didn't blow me away.

Pros

The features were nice and it was easy to index binders. I love that the binders automatically save in a folder for ease of locating files.

Cons

My rep was non existent, they were over priced and the portal seemed a bit "Cluttered" I sent an email to cancel and the non existent rep magically appeared to tell me that I had a contract that stated I needed to give them 120 days notice so they stuck me with another year. I am so glad that the new company I went with helped me to get out of it even though we had to pay for another year.

Response from Nasdaq

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Pearl! We apologize that your experience with Nasdaq Boardvantage didn't quite match your expectations. We want you to know, we are dedicated to improving the customer experience, so we take your feedback constructively to continually make improvements. Thanks again for your time.

Brenda S.

Highly Recommend Nasdaq Boardvantage

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

Using Nasdaq Boardvantage for our Board and Committee meetings has saved a tremendous amount of my time in prepping and getting the materials out.

Pros

I love how user friendly this software is and their customer support is great. If I ever have a question, customer support is always available and answers my questions in a very timely manner.

Cons

Copying one folder to another folder is a bit tricky because the permissions don't seem to transfer over.

Response from Nasdaq

Brenda, we are thrilled to hear about your positive experience with Nasdaq Boardvantage! We look forward to continuing to help you save time while prepping for Board and Committee meetings. Thank you for leaving us this review!

Sheena P.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great software for our Board Meetings

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

The customer support is great. Any questions were answered quickly via email. The webinars that review various functions of the software is also a plus - it helps to keep us up to date even if we don't use the software on a regular basis.

Pros

Easy to put all of the meeting information in one place for the board members to review. Also good to get confirmation of who has reviewed the material, using the reports function.

Cons

I like the ability to use the software as a virtual meeting, but it's been easier for us to use a Skype or Zoom meeting and then just present the material from there. It was took difficult to coordinate audio with the BoardVantage meeting

Response from Nasdaq

Sheena, it's great to hear you are taking advantage of our product webinars to optimize your practices. We value your feedback - thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

Sharisse B.
  • Industry: Automotive

Great Platform!

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

Pros

I appreciate being able to upload a document in its original format. This saves time should I need to make changes to any specific document. No need to reload or replace.

Cons

Could be Nasdaq or our company's bandwidth but uploading a large document can sometimes take longer than expected.

Response from Nasdaq

Hi Sharisse, thanks for taking time to write a review. We appreciate your patience with upload times - we will forward this feedback to our product team.

Patricia C.
  • Industry: Investment Management
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

I use this software for our quarterly financials. Very easy to use and navigate for myself and our end users. I highly recommend this product.

The training I received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was exceptional and he's readily available for any questions I have.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. Love the drag and drop feature! End users are able to get real-time access to files and documents.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have any cons with this software. It's simply exceptional!

Response from Nasdaq

Hi Patricia, thank you for sharing your positive experience using Nasdaq Boardvantage! We are happy to hear that you've found our software easy to use and have enjoyed our document management features. We are committed to optimizing both you and your board's experience on our platform.

Fatmah K.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

The product is expensive but user friendly. Customer service is vital and you have the best

Reviewed on 2020/11/15

It has been a very good experience since the beginning with the various upgrade.

Pros

It is user friendly and we receive updates very often which is interesting.

Cons

Nothing specific. But before the admins could put in a password for the directors and the latter could change while log in which is not the case now.

Jeff F.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Board info sharing

Reviewed on 2020/05/11

The support has been very good. My problems have been resolved quickly and efficiently

Pros

The software is easy to use. The tutorial at the onset was very helpful and within minutes I was able to use the portal efficiently.

Cons

The annotation function takes some getting used to. You need to close it after each edit or you find yourself scribbling on the page when you just want to change pages

Response from Nasdaq

Hi Jeff, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us! We are thrilled to hear you are finding the software easy to use. If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service team.

Patricia S.

Secured and excellent tool

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

Pros

Secured and excellent tool. The customer service is excellent. He helped me quickly to resolve my problem accessing to the platform.

Cons

Will improve other features to ease its use. Like when downloading documents.

Karla N.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Review of Nasdaq Boardvantage

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

As mentioned above it is pretty user friendly AND the Tech Support is amazing! Every person that I have talked to has been patient and very helpful!

Pros

It is pretty user friendly and actually fun to use.

Cons

When giving permission to users for documents, the scroll bar is very thin. Would be easier to use if a bit wider.

Response from Nasdaq

Karla, thank you for sharing your experience with Nasdaq Boardvantage. We are thrilled to hear that you are finding our tech support helpful - we think they're pretty amazing, too!

Mike B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

They Don't Know How Great Their Product Is?

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

I love having all my Board product archived and so readily accessible. And I don't miss mailing out materials.

Pros

It is very intuitive and simple to manage in addition to being as functional as one could ever hope for.

Cons

I can't think of a single complaint. Even our tech-deficient directors love it.

Response from Nasdaq

Thank you for your feedback, Mike! It's great to hear you are taking advantage of Nasdaq Boarvantage, and that your team is loving the platform as well. We designed the interface to be intuitive for everyone.

Phillip F.

Best Option: Boardvantage!

Reviewed on 2020/06/18

secure transmitting of info to Board Members is a huge improvement and document managing during a meeting is much improved with the software.

Pros

Functionality and ease of use are both fantastic. With all the bells and whistles it is easy as a user.

Cons

None. Like all of them it is a little tough to get documents exactly where you want them w/in a Board Book.

Response from Nasdaq

Phillip, thank you for sharing your positive experience using Nasdaq Boardvantage! We are pleased to hear that you are happy with our security and document management features. Our team is committed to improving your workflows and we look forward to continuing to support you and your colleagues.

Deana M.

Exceptional Service

No insight

Pros

Drag and Drop functionality, as well as edit/replace functions - make this product above all easy to use.

Cons

Automated separator pages in the Board Books - we find manual creation works best for us.

Response from Nasdaq

Hello Deana, thank you for your review of Nasdaq Boardvantage. We love that you have found our platform easy to use and look forward to continuing to support you and your board.

Lisa C.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Multi channel and multi company access

Reviewed on 2020/05/26

Pros

All of my boards all use Nasdaq Boardvantage, so once I learned it, it was easy to translate to the other companies

Cons

Not all of my boards are on the same version, which sometimes makes Access tricky. For example, there is an issue with continued access using Safari.

Response from Nasdaq

Hi Lisa, it's great to hear that you are using Nasdaq Boardvantage for all of your boards. Don't hesitate to reach out to our outstanding customer support team if you are having trouble with accessing the latest version of the software.

Renia C.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Works wonders for us

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

I like that we no longer have to mail out confidential board materials and it cuts down on confusion when updates are made. In the past we had to bring printed copies of revisions or additions to the meeting if they were made after the materials had been mailed to the board members. I notice that most board members use their IPad so no materials are printed which cuts down on confidential documents being misplaced.

Pros

I liked the ease of updating the board materials once they are posted.

Cons

Can be pricey if you are on a limited budget. Also if your board members are not used to using current technology there will be a learning curve.

Response from Nasdaq

Hi Renia,
We are thrilled to hear that Nasdaq Boardvantage works wonders for your board! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We look forward to continuing to serve you and your colleagues.