Bonterra Giving Days Reviews

Bonterra Giving Days

Experience the JOY of fundraising!

Liz
Liz

We use GiveGab for our online donation platform

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

We can accept online donations through our website and through our statewide day of giving.

Pros

We can download donor information. It allows us to craft a thank you letter/receipt that goes out immediately to the donor. We can create giving campaigns and also seamlessly participate in our state online day of giving

Cons

I have othing to report here. Haven't run into any glitches or drawbacks in our experience with GiveGab. We're very happy with the software, customer support and overall functionality of the software.

Casey
Casey
  • Industry: Higher Education

Best software out there for group online giving

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

Pros

We are using GiveGab in our city for a large day of giving. The staff has been helpful and it really is easy to set up each non profit page and interact with the site. The layout is simple and easy for donors to find who it is they would like to donate too. Payment processing is easy.

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time for the software.

John
  • Used for 1-5 months

Extremely frustrating

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

Pros

Someone was available to answer questions. This is typical of GiveGab. All I have to say is in that first sentence, so why demand more?

Cons

GiveGab was responsive to my numerous questions, but that is the only good thing I have to say about it. GiveGab has a long way to go to provide a clear interface that operates accurately, that is organized in a user-friendly manner, that provides adequate directions to the user, and serves the needs of its clients. I wasted an enormous amount of time trying to create the giving page and the Administrative Dashboard and it still wasn't satisfactory in appearance or in the information it provided or in the way it functioned.

One example: Two portions of it were recorded on "offline donations." When I asked why the rest was not credited, the support staff told me that the match ended before Valley Gives Day began because I had indicated that the match ended on May 1. Well, yes, but normally "ends May 1" means at midnight on that date! (see the nonsense below). She added the rest of the match manually. I expected that the match would be deducted from my credit card or I would be alerted to the fact that it had been met and I should make the contribution, but that never happened. In the end I had to send a check. This whole episode was a total waste of my time, not to mention the support staff
Please do not contact me again!

Response from Bonterra

Hi John,

We're incredibly sorry that this aspect of your Giving Day was unclear.

The Match functionality on GiveGab updates in real time as your receive online donations. The Match depletes and your totals increase proportionately to the online donations received.

We realize this can be confusing and wish we were able to provide you with the right information before the day.

Thank you for your feedback around sending alerts when a Match occurs and for the ability to charge a credit card. This is a great suggestion and one we'll take into consideration for the future.

Ellie
Ellie
  • Used for 1+ year

Great for our statewide fundraising day

Reviewed on 2021/04/08

It's easy to get started and to use. The page I created was clean and easy to understand. I didn't work too deeply with the program to understand its other uses.

Pros

We use this once a year for our statewide fundraising day. It is really easy to set up a page and accept donations.

Cons

I didn't receive notifications when donations occurred in real-time, so I needed to continually refresh the page. I wish that it integrated with our CRM more easily as I had to enter everything in manually.

Jessica
Jessica
  • Used for 1+ year

it was a quality platform to use.

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

The ability to share our fundraising day with our network and the accessibility for them to share the event and didn't campaigns. Also the ability to network and have champions helped our funds.

Pros

the platform was very professional and easy to use. also easy to get volunteers "champions" to use the page.

Cons

I would sometimes get confused between the back end and front end of the platform which was frustrating end allocating some incoming funds to a specific campaign.

Lulu
Lulu
  • Used for 1+ year

I ran a smooth fundraising campaign.

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

I was able to run a successful fundraiser for my nonprofit last year.

I was able to run a successful fundraiser for my nonprofit last year.

Pros

Ease of use and branding. Running my fundraiser last year to help street dogs was a breeze, especially the ability for people to track campaign progress.

Cons

The fees should be less, PayPal giving charges zero and 0%. I'm sure by cutting your fees you could still cover expenses, gain more clients, and pitch it as a way that your brand is giving back.

Christine
Christine

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

I have a much easier time tracking registrants and donors using GIveGab. It’s been simple to contact previous donors throughout the time we’ve been using the service.

Pros

I love that it’s intuitive, but even if you have a question or can’t figure something out, the customer service chat is extremely responsive.

Cons

I wish they offered a Text-to-Give feature like Constant Contact does.

Connie
Connie

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2018/11/08

We use GiveGab as a nonprofit during #NYGivesDay each year and find it a pleasant experience both in setting up our profile and getting answers quickly to any questions we have.

Pros

The GiveGab software is intuitive an easy to navigate, edit, upload and manage.

Cons

Remembering from year to year how to manage our profile, but it comes back easily.

Lincoln
Lincoln
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Good choice to receive your donations

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

The software has facilitated fundraising in part, as it is possible to better track entries through this program.

Pros

It is very easy and quick to create donation campaigns and receive through the platform, being very useful for those who receive simple donations.

Cons

The software only allows the creation of a donate button now, and it was better if you could put more of these buttons on the page or in the email.

Michelle
Michelle
  • Industry: Fund-Raising
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Great Service and Design

Reviewed on 2021/09/02

I love working with GiveGab. The product is great, but the people are even greater!

Pros

GiveGab's software was very easy to use. I had no problem training other people in my office on how to upload photos, input descriptions, and add fund IDs.

Cons

There was no ability to change the text to grey/black ourselves, we had to ask our project manager. However, he made all our profile text the same grey color without a problem.

Amy
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

GiveGab

Reviewed on 2021/04/20

I set up new campaigns based on my company's fundraising events. So ticketing, sponsorship, etc. I use the customer Service chat A LOT but they are extremely helpful and show you step by step.

Pros

My favorite part of using GiveGab is the Customer Service. It is really great, quick and very knowledgeable. If, by chance, they aren't sure of what the answer is, they research and get back to you. The overall product is massive and there is so much you can do. And it does it well.

Cons

What I do not like about this product is that it is hard to learn. Because it can do so much, it is not super intuitive. However, the more you use it, the easier it gets. It's just hard if you are a frequent user - in which I am referring to creating forms from scratch vs. just running reports. Creating a new campaign is time consuming as there are many facets you need to work through. but once up and running it is well done.

Rebecca
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Project Managers are Outstanding!

Reviewed on 2020/10/01

One-stop out of the box platform provides beginning to end process management for administrators, nonprofits, donors, and businesses participating in a Giving Day that engages 400+ organizations, 12k+ donors, and handles 17+ donations in 24-hours, from admin set up and nonprofit registration through donor acknowledgement and reporting.

Pros

We use GiveGab's Giving Day platform as an organizer. It takes some time to implement the first year, but SO EASY to set up in subsequent years and for returning organizations. They have truly built a community of users, listen to client feedback, and make significant product improvements year after year, and provide a plethora of support tools to our nonprofits. The platform is now significantly more flexible for easier self-service and customization. Customer service to us has been outstanding; they don't generally offer phone support and we have had complaints from our less-tech savvy nonprofits about that.

Cons

There is some confusion among nonprofits between GiveGab profiles and their GiveGab Giving Day profile, but our PMs have been solution-oriented in preventing this and responding when issues have occurred as a result.

Kirk

GiveGab is THE premiere giving day platform!

Reviewed on 2020/10/01

I can say wholeheartedly that without GiveGab's support and learning opportunities (GiveGab Leader Forum) there's no way Cattaraugus Gives could have achieved the level of success we have achieved.

Pros

GiveGab is incredibly easy to use. The interface, in all forms that I use it, has been incredibly intuitive. Even for our most novice online fundraisers, the software has been user-friendly. Anyone can pick up and learn how to effectively utilize GiveGab as a fundraising platform.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike about the software. Over time it would be awesome if the system could have more integrations with popular community foundation database software so that donor info could be uploaded to the database with less work from the user.

marlee
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Pros and Cons from a Community Volunteer Hub

Reviewed on 2023/08/02

If givegab still had volunteer management capabilities then I we would still utilize it. It was the best volunteer software i've ever used.

Pros

When GiveGab focused on volunteerism, the software was 10/10. It was so easy to use and clear. I would describe it has the social media of service.

Cons

Givegab stopped focusing on volunteering and only focused on fundraising. Still a great tool for fundraising but not so much for volunteerism.

Linda
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Engaging, effective software and outstanding customer service to boot!

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

The team a GiveGab, from bottom to top, is outstanding. They are responsive, helpful, and genuinely care about helping nonprofits make this world a better place. 5-STARS!!

Pros

The ease for our participating organizations to be involed in a Giving Day because of the GiveGab platform is amazing. Even organizations with minimal technical skills are able to navigate through the software to register their organization and run an effective and engaging Giving Day. The benefit to donors is also high with software that provides a seemless donation process. The Shopping Cart feature encourages multiple donations. The Blue Chat bubble customer service is outstanding for donors and participating nonprofits.

Cons

There really has not been an issue that GiveGab has not been able to resolve. Their tech team of developers not only responds to requests, but is ahead of the curve in rolling out new product features on a regular basis.

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Give Big Kern with Give Gab SUPPORT

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

The problems that were solved for our Non-Profit, was the initial sign up, although there was a previous administrator, who is no longer with our Non-Profit, as a new "admin", I had to go through the process to remove our previous administrator and have myself added as the new "admin".
The benefits for our Non-Profit is that we are now current and set up to work with Give Gab and have the peace of mind know that Give Gab is here for us with software, tools and resources! THANK YOU!!

Pros

I love the customer support and how patient and understanding they are to an Admin who's not the most "tech savvy", they made me feel so capable and were so positive and encouraging on moving forward with using the "GiveGab" software.
The software itself is easy to navigate and if there is any questions or stumbling point, on what to do next, the techs are very helpful!

Cons

As most people who are NOT "tech savvy", just starting something new, although the Give Gab software seems intimidating, is is NOT at all.

Karen

Great product and easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

Pros

The pages are easy to implement and use, when making a donation the donor is still on our website, integrates easily with a variety of credit card processors, and adapts to new trends quickly (i.e. adding the 3% option to donations, pledge payments, and ongoing/recurring donations)

Cons

I would like it if the pages could be customized a little more.

• Used for 6-12 months

Powerful platform, a little hard to navigate as an organization with multiple campaigns/giving...

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

I like how easy the user interface is, once you can acccess it. I was able to easily craft my story, upload a picture, create unique giving levels and develop a solid "Thank You" message with video for my donors. It seems to really have a variety of uses, from campaigns to events to giving days, although I am still working on how to use it. My Peer to Peer Fundraisers were able to set up their own individual pages, once we could figure out how to access it.

Cons

The back end is not always easy to navigate, particularly getting from my organization's home page and "dashboard" to a Giving Day. The Dashboard listed a couple of prior campaigns but did not immediately link to the NH Gives Days. Similarly, my peer to peer fundraisers got lost in the back end when trying to create profiles or link old profiles to a new NH Gives Day. The campaigns were visible but not the Giving Days. Also, when navigating between campaigns and giving days, users (both P2P fundraisers and donors) often got redirected to the main organization page, NOT the NH Gives page, so donations were not counted towards our giving day totals, to our detriment in prize distribution.

Katie
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Perfect for what we need

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

This allows us to see donations come in real time and run reports quite easily. We're really happy how this has streamlined online giving for us.

Pros

We fundraise over here and this is the online donation platform we utilize. We had gone through a few different programs, but this is the one we settled on because of easy and seamless implementation and user friendliness.

Cons

We haven't been using it long enough for me to identify things we don't like. This is by far much better than what we had been using, so we have no complaints at this point.

Leslie

Best Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021/08/16

Pros

Give Gab has the best customer service of any software company I have dealth with recently. If something we ask about is not available at the time, they do their best to find a work around for us and also add it to their list of upgrades to make.

Cons

I would like a little more flexibility in the overall look and font on the site.

Nancy

The concept is great!

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

Great opportunity for the community and the state of Idaho to generate visibility. The visual presentation is very nice.

Cons

The 'Add Your Story' page works OK but could use more work on the Formatting, as it was difficult to add columns and when placing the Cover Photo, I had to go back and forth to get the image and wording the way I wanted it. Also, it was difficult to figure out where and how the 'Manage Sponsor Matching' appeared on this page. it would be nice to have an easier way to see the names of the donors internally. Is there also a way to add those donors who donate cash? I attempted to get help from your customer service dept, but they never called me back when they said they would be notifying people about extra incentives.

Britta
  • Used for 1+ year

Our experience with GiveGab has been positive overall.

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

It's easy to customize our non-profit's page, and navigation is relatively straightforward. We also like the option for donors to cover the cost of the transaction fees so we get the full donation they intend. Although, the button to do that could be bigger. We've had folks miss it in the past.

Cons

Getting our donor's information has not worked how it should. Whenever I click export, I never get the email. I have double checked my email address and my spam/junk folder and it just never shows up.
Also, while remembering credit card info works well for online donations for individuals, it doesn't work great for in-person events centered around our state's day of giving. Having something like a "I'm done donating, please forget my credit card data" button would help us move on to the next attendee who would like to donate using our tablet or laptop.

Tess
  • Used for 2+ years

We ran two small donor campaigns Giving Tuesday using Give Gab -- one in 2016 and one in 2017.

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

It's fairly straightforward and has good reporting. We were able to track the list of donors easily. It's not hard to design posts.

Cons

In 2016, things went fairly smoothly, but in 2017 we got a lot of complaints from donors about exorbitant fees added to their donations, so it's unlikely we'll use Give Gab again.

Response from Bonterra

Hi Tess,

Thank you for leaving a review. In 2016, we offered 0% fees to all nonprofits on Giving Tuesday, which we were not able to do in 2017.

On GiveGab, donors always have the option to cover processing fees or to have them charged to the intended organizations. Most donors opt to cover the fees on GiveGab because they realize the value of being able to donate online.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your feedback!

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees
  • Used for 6-12 months

Good platform - requires great plan

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

Pros

The software does what it should do well. Promotes day of giving, tracks counting, promotes leader boards, challenges, social, etc.

Cons

It is not always clear from looking at other sites to understand what is provided "out of the box" versus what requires customization and additional hours (cost). Be very clear with GiveGab what you want and document in agreement. Allow plenty of time to develop site. As your date gets closer, GiveGab will run out of resources to make tweaks.

Shauna
  • Used for 2+ years

I love the platform, but the cost is high in terms of the subscription pricing and fees

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

It's a great platform. It looks great and it's easy to use. I like that after all the work we put into creating the page that I can use it for different initiatives.

Cons

The fees charged are a bit much. Initially we had to use it to be part of NY Gives Day and it was free. Then the next year we were charged a lot, even though on that day Facebook made all donations free of charge. So we had spent countless hours creating a beautiful page on GiveGab but then because of all the fees most of our efforts went towards encouraging donations through facebook to avoid the large fees. The customer service people did not seem to care about this.