Tandem

Security and compliance solution for financial institutions

4,8
4,4
4,5
4,8
Carmen T.
Industry: Banking

Generally Tandem offers all of the services I am looking for in the various aspects of security.

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

Really keeps the business organized where all employees can easily find information in one centralized location.

Pros

The ease of use and availability of materials no matter of where I am physically located. For Disaster Recovery and BCP, its very important to have quick and easy access to all information.

Cons

Some of the areas could improve the depth of the material. The Phishing module is one area where improvement is needed. It works decent, but could be enhanced for scenarios to be more real world.

Lee G.

Fantastic software. I highly recommend it! The customer support is wonderful.

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

It is a very user-friendly platform and meets our business needs. The customer service is fantastic and is always very prompt to respond to our inquiries. I feel that they are very approachable and offer solutions when called upon.

Cons

I would like to see some additional features be integrated into the system. There are a few functions that Tandem does not offer that I would like to see rolled out. It definitely suits our business needs.

Katie L.

We absolutely love the CoNetrix software and the support staff.

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Pros

The system is always evolving and that they listen to their users. Love the access to all the training videos and super quick responses from the support team.

Cons

Sometimes the ease of moving through the software can be confusing. They make changes sometime and emails are not received on the changes.

Jason C.
Industry: Banking

Excellent customer service, frequent and useful updates, easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Helped with policies, procedures, and monitoring. Helped get thru many exams.

Pros

Ease of use is a big factor. The software upgrades have been very useful. And with each upgrade, they issue detailed instructions on how the upgrade works and what steps to implement the upgrade. I also greatly appreciate the webinars. They are very responsive to the users.

Cons

Not really much that I can think of. We use all modules in the software. I have even had examiners brag on the software, which never happens.

Lauren D.

Best of the Best!

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

Pros

This software is incredible. So is the CoNetrix company. The Tandem suite of products pull from the same data set so Information is shared amongs modules and it is not necessary to re-enter data time and time again. They keep the software aligned with regulations and roll our changes when necessary. Their customer support and responsiveness is second to none. I love working with these products and this company.

Cons

The only thing I would change is to add the ability to put attachments, images or diagrams in some of the fields. Ex: In a policy I may want to have a flowchart...

Jared M.

Great product, its been critical in our GLBA compliance efforts

Reviewed on 2018/06/15

Pros

Flexibility. Can be used with little effort for beginners, but also allows for full customization for advanced program administrators.

Cons

Just a couple places where some additional logic would make sense. For example, having to manually remove a control when I've told the system in a questionnaire that I don't have that control.

Kathy L.

Tandem software and CoNetrix staff are both amazing!

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Pros

The software is very comprehensive and modules are interfaced as a cross reference. In addition our auditors and regulators love it!

Cons

Not one thing ... this is one of the best software investments I have made. Our board is always very impressed with the reports and information we can provide to them.

David I.

Great customer support when calling always very helpful

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Good training easy access. Great system

Pros

Everything in one spot and can download certain items great links with info. A lot of good training in the beginning. Software easy to use. Excellent in my opinion.

Cons

Can't say, like everything right now.

Bill K.
Industry: Banking

The Tandem software has been a very useful tool to organize much of our IT management function.

Organization and support.

Pros

Excellent way to organize risk ratings, vendor management, business continuity, etc.
Support for the software is top-notch.
Software is being improved continually.
Staff is very accessible and responsive.
Excellent training provided live and recorded.

Cons

Takes a little time understand everything, but any software that does this much would take some time.

Jeff S.

Tandem is simply the Best of Breed Information Security Risk management software.

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

We utilize most of the Tandem software modules. All modules are very feature rich, yet very similar user interface makes learning new features or modules seamless. Very active user community with most new feature requested implemented for all to utilize. Support is nothing less than EXCEPTIONAL. The rare cases i have needed support, they are always quick to respond, very thorough and quick to resolution. Although i have only been to two KEYS conferences (as of yet), they are very beneficial and always learn new ways to utilize the software. Our CRM's have always been great as well. They check in regularly to make sure all is going good and anything needed. I would recommend CoNetrix to anyone looking for Enterprise class Risk Management platform.

Cons

The only modules that did not fit our needs was the initial Phishing and Training modules. They are well developed products, but we felt they needed some time to mature. We will revisit them again in the future.

Kerry R.
Industry: Banking

Tandem has been a great addition to our organization. It keeps us ahead of the regulatory curve.

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Regulatory compliance and vendor management.

Pros

It is constantly updated to incorporate new regulations and to improve the functionality of the program. Any changes to the regulations are reflected in the programming quickly so, as the end-user, you know where they need to be applied. And they listen to the users to improve the program to fit the needs of the "real world". New features are added quarterly to improve the user experience.

Cons

Both good and bad, there is a lot of interplay between the different modules. Since all of the modules are tied together making a change to one may require you to make corrections to several others. This is not always evident until you go into the other modules.

David P.

The Tandem Software is easy to use and is a good value with many useful features.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

I think the best feature of the tool are the standard templates and checklists that are within the software. These "Best Practices" tools are a huge plus. It is a tremendous "ADD" to the software and creates a very positive relationship knowing that CoNetrix is plugged in and responding to the ever-changing regulatory environment.

Cons

My least favorite aspect of the software is the INABILITY to unlink the modules. When using the Business Continuity module, I often run into a few conflicts with the listed vendors that are linked to the Vendor Management module. I understand why they are linked and it is a very good feature. But, I would like the ability to UNLINK the two modules to provide some flexibility in they way the software is deployed within my organization.

Don B.
Industry: Banking

This is my second experience with Tandem software. Tandem has come a long way. I love it.

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Reduced time to manage audits and track mitigation tasks. One virtual location to store documentation such as audit, risk and compliance docs.

Pros

The return on investment is high. It saves time and provides a central location to store our documentation for management and audit review. The dashboards provide information for the Board and various committees on status of our audit, risk and compliance efforts.

Cons

I can't say I dislike anything, however I can see where several additional apps would be nice. An Incident handling app that interfaces with the BCP app would be nice.

Teri P.

Tandem has helped up organize our Information Security Program.

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Easy to log into and keep information updated. Very easy to print my reports for my Information Security Report. It also keeps me in compliance. What I really love is the alert system. I have used it on many inclement weather days to communicate with staff. Love the product and the staff at CoNetrix.

Pros

The software is one stop for our IT Policies, Risk Assessments, Vendor Management and BCP. The support is excellent and take your enhancement requests seriously.

Cons

Some functions in the modules don't actually update until you approve, but once you understand how it works it is not a problem.

Alan B.
Industry: Banking

We began using Tandem in 2015 for BCP. We were pleased enough to then add Vendor Management.

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Made it easier to put my plan together and to be able to present an updated plan to auditors and examiners.

Pros

It is fairly intuitive, so it is easy to add and display information. Shared databases allow you to utilize the information for more than one purpose. Support staff is helpful and Conetrix listens to the user in the field. They have often added needed tweaks and features that were brought to their attention by the end users.

Cons

The software is not perfect but I have yet to encounter any limitation that would cause me to look for a different product.

Craig R.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Software from a bank we acquired

Reviewed on 2017/09/12

Very little compared to the main software we use. It is cheaper in grand scheme things but not what a large bank would need for Vendor Management.

Pros

The ease of use, and the unlimited amount of entries into the respository that an user can upload into their database. Cost also

Cons

Very limited on reporting as well as not a thorough Risk Analysis dynamic To mean, just an online document holding bin.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Derek S.
Industry: Banking

Tandem is a great value and covers all the bases if you educate yourself on the software.

All the benefits!

Pros

Very thoughrough coverage of what most regulators are looking for at a reasonable cost. Customer support actually listens to (and implements) suggestions and constructive criticism of the software.

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult to find the exact section of information you are looking for if you don't use it often. That may not be the fault of the software, but of the overlapping nature of different types of data and regulations.

Wes G.

Exceptional and easy to use Information Security platform that is delivered at an affordable price

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

I like the integration between the modules that provides you with a comprehensive snapshot of what the examiners are concerned about the most.

Cons

They desperately need an onboarding component into vendor management platform. Onboarding component would allow you to evaluate various vendors for purchase, and then route for management approval before being added as a "company vendor" to vendor management module.

Joseph B.
Industry: Banking

Excellent customer support and easy-to-use customer interface.

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

The best feature of the software is the ease of use for Board Reporting and tracking tasks and assignments across our organization. The Risk Assessments modules in particular are built with enough pre-designed information to be robust; but also enough flexibility for us to customize our own unique situations and analyze them appropriately.

Cons

I haven't found an effective way of running "what if?" type scenarios ... that is, "we are considering implementing the following control, and it would impact our risk profile in the following ways ..." It is a highly manual process to go through each Risk Assessment and add the potential new control and then remove it if it is not adopted. I think the premium version allows the saving of multiple versions of the same Risk Assessments, which probably addresses that issue; but we are using the basic version of that module.

David m. H.

Been a customer for over 10 years. Great company to work with and great products

Reviewed on 2018/06/15

Time saver to make sure policies and procedures are in place

Pros

Ease of use, workshop training for review at anytime, they host a user conference every year and when attending you get great networking and always come away with more ideas about their software. They keep all of their policies up to date with all of the latest regulations.

Cons

Really nothing else to compare to so I do not see any cons. If anything the Social Media module needs to allow to post multiple photos and a link all within one post.