Showing 52 reviews of 41

Melio

Accounts payable for small businesses

Showing 52 reviews of 41
George A.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2020/12/23

It has been great overall: saves me a lot of time, great price point, and customer service has reached out to me numerous times to tell me about new functions and to check in.

Pros

The ease of use is incredible. I simply drop one of my invoices into the software and generate a check within seconds. So much easier than writing checks by hand. Melio has saved me hours in productivity.

Cons

I would like more integration into Quickbooks. Also, sometimes when you drop a new vendor's invoice, the software doesn't read it correctly.

Response from Melio

Hi George, thank you so much for this wonderful review and for your important feedback. We are so happy to hear Melio is making your life easier and saving you valuable working hours - it's what we're here for! We will pass your input along to the relevant teams and continue to work to make our service even better.

Ryan A.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Best Transfer Service Available

Reviewed on 2020/12/20

Compared to our prior way of making payments to vendors, Melio makes it extremely easier and even saves us money!

Pros

Melio in my opinion is the best transfer service available. Simple and quick to use, it offers a tremendous value. Furthermore, customer service is one of the best I've dealt with.

Cons

It would be great if there was an ability to send international wires in other currencies. For example, in Chinese Yuan.

Response from Melio

Hi Ryan, thank you for taking the time to post such a great review. We are happy to hear Melio has proved easier and more cost-effective for your business than your previous payment service. We will pass your kind words along to our hard-working customer support team. About international payments, we are currently working on this feature, so stay tuned!

Brent F.

Melio is the easiest software to use

Reviewed on 2020/01/29

Pros

I love everything about Melio form how easy it is to use and the dashboard is so simple. From switching to incoming payment to seeing who you paid in a click of a button.

Cons

It’s the best Nothing I didn’t like about it.

Jason H.
  • Industry: Media Production

A Cut to the Chase Solution

Reviewed on 2020/12/15

Customer service is second to none. You really get the sense that the people speaking to you care about the product and care about how you are using it. I've had several people reach out to me just to make sure everything was okay and that we were getting the most out of the product. The interface needs a little work to make it easier to use, feels a bit clunky at times, that and the other things listed above are some issues that need to be incorporated in but other than that we love using Melio for our needs.

Pros

Melio is a great product we recently had the opportunity to discover. I was very impressed at how easy it integrated to our accounting in Quickbooks. This is the main reason I found it so vital in our operation. Before we started using Melio there never really was a great solution for paying people by different means. We had some vendors who wanted printed checks and still others who preferred an electronic payment. Melio makes it easy for your company to pay people safely and quickly.

Cons

I have to say I really like the software so far but there are a couple of items I would really like to see and these items almost stopped me from deciding to use the product. First, the paper checks really need an overhaul to look more professional and branded from a specific company. I've had freelancers who wonder if the check is legitimate because it doesn't have our logo or they can't see that it's coming from us. Paper checks definitely need some work...also, the ability to run a simple payroll out of Melio wold be helpful so that you can eliminate printing checks in your office completely. It would be nice to be able to simply pay employees through Melio as well as freelancers. I know that there are work arounds, but we need a dedicated way to pay employees added.

Response from Melio

Hi Jason, thank you for posting such an amazing review. We are very happy to hear you find Melio's various payment options useful and that our service is able to save you time and hassle. Also, thank you for your valuable insights into our product - we will pass them along to the relevant teams.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Melio changed the way we pay bills and receive payments

Reviewed on 2020/01/29

- Reduce waiting times for customer payments (via check) to arrive
- Cash flow leverage - I can use a credit card to pay my bills
- Take advantage of credit card reward programs while paying bills
- No need for us to charge customers for credit card processing fees

Pros

- I can use any payment method (all major credit cards, debit cards, bank accounts) to pay my bills
- Easy ACH payment implementation for paying bills
- I can receive payments from customers quickly, relieving them of the need to mail checks and providing various options to pay me

Cons

- it seems that many features are still in development and not necessarily thought over yet
- communication about incoming payments and their status needs to be more transparent

Jason K.

The easiest way to pay vendors

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Absolutely love it!

Pros

Love using this to easily pay all my vendors, track payments and of course have the flexibilty to use a credit card vs bank account as a funding option.

Cons

Improved workflow to add new vendors. Time for payment by check to get delivered.

Response from Melio

Hi Jason, thank you for this amazing review and for your important feedback. We are glad to hear you are finding Melio to be useful and easy and that you enjoy our features and interface. We are currently working to add fast payment options, so stay tuned.

Craig B.

Melio for Bill-Pay is Great

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

Not too sure at first but once we got everything set up, it works great.

Pros

Everything for paying bills is taken care of by Melio. We linked Melio to QuickBooks Online and all our bills uploaded and in one place waiting for us to release for payment. Hoping to use the getting-paid ACH feature soon.

Cons

Onboarding was not as easy or clear as it could be - took some time but eventually got there

Response from Melio

Hi Craig, thank you so much for taking the time to post this great review. We are glad to hear you are all set up and that Melio has been able to save you and your clients valuable time.

Raphael M.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Melio Professional Review

Reviewed on 2020/06/17

Melio helped me to liquidate cash so that I could invest in a higher ROI investment. The process was simple and I am very satisfied with their service.

Pros

I love the low fees and the promotions for liquidating cash from credit cards.

Cons

Not much of a downside to the service here. It is pretty straightforward.

Gary P.
  • Industry: Furniture

What an awesome software!

Reviewed on 2020/01/29

This software is easy to use and I use it nearly every day.

Pros

Free to send checks! Easy to use! Syncs with my accounting software. Remembers my vendors.

Cons

Not being able to add bills in batches. Not being able to email in bills.

Madonna B.

Horrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

Very poor responses from Customer Service. They have held my client's money captive for two weeks while they investigate. A check was marked as deposited and it was a different check completely. Different vendor and $ amount. It wasn't even a check for my client's vendor! It takes 2 days to get a response when I have to follow up. Overall, they suck.

Pros

Easy to use if you are only ACH'ing money.

Cons

Checks are lost, sent twice, logged as deposited when not.

Response from Melio

Hi MaDonna, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Without publicly getting into the specifics of your case, we can confirm that the issue has been addressed and we are sending you a refund. Please feel free to reach out to us directly if you need any further assistance: [email protected]
Sincerely,

Eric K.
  • Industry: Design

The best and last payment software I will ever use

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

Super easy to get paid as a freelancer and my clients love the options.

Pros

It’s so easy to get paid as a freelancer

Cons

No downsides that I can think of. It would be nice to have a mobile app.

Nate S.

Needs met

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

Pros

This fills the needs for us to manage our business when we're on the road.

Cons

Haven't had any real issues with the software.

Daniel A.
  • Industry: Photography

Makes paying vendors and suppliers so easy!!!

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Great, simply great!!!

Pros

Very easy to use user interface, was able to log right in and immediately start setting up payments. Love the options of ACH and check payments, options in my line of business are always a plus!

Cons

I would like to see our business logo on the checks, branding is important to us at all service levels.

Herbert R.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Painless payments for painful payees

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

Excellent

Pros

I was able to set up payments to the very few vendors that absolutely demand being paid via ACH rather than needing to consolidate my business transactions through a software suite to make it worthwhile.
It is also incredibly affordable or free for the transactions, and there has not been problems.

Cons

There was a feature that was pretty adept at picking up an invoice PDF and setting it up as a pending bill, but the accuracy has gone down. Nothing to cry about though as I have always triple checked things!

Response from Melio

Hi Herbert, thank you for the fantastic review. We are delighted to hear Melio has been able to take some of the pain out of making business payments - it's what we're here for. We would also like to thank you for your feedback which we will pass along to the team.

Kate B.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Melio Feedback

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

I am happy with the product, especially since it is free for the functionality I am using it for. I would be willing to pay a small fee (at least the cost of a stamp) to have live checks be processed and mailed on the same day that the payment is processed.

Pros

I love that I can pay all invoices without printing and mailing checks. It is also great that the program completely integrates with QuickBooks so the bills show up automatically in Melio, and with a few clicks I can pay all of the bills.

Cons

It takes over a week for a live check to be delivered to a vendor, which is a long time.

Response from Melio

Hi Kate, thank you for taking the time to post such an excellent review. We are glad Melio has been able to save you time and busywork. We are currently working on a fast check feature and it should be available soon, so stay tuned.

Catherine P.

Terrible experience, never again

Reviewed on 2020/09/21

I will never use this vendor again. I will only use my bank to process ACH payments.

Pros

It was easy to use from Quickbooks and seemed like a good solution.

Cons

After just a few weeks of using it, I am having today a horrible experience: a payment of $39,000 to my vendor was not processed. Not only was Melio unreachable by phone, they were also unresponsive by email (they never responded to my last email) and I had to deal with the issue by chat. Hours later, I still haven't had an update. My bank account was debited 5 business days ago, and Melio still has the money and can't tell me where it is. I am asking them now to send it back to me so that I can urgently wire transfer my vendor.

Response from Melio

Hi Catherine. Last month one of our banking partners had a technical issue which caused a temporary delay in processing a few payments. After speaking with you, and resolving this matter, we've also made a donation to a charity of your choice.

We sincerely apologize and hope this was resolved to your satisfaction. We hope that you continue working with us and one of our account managers will be happy to follow up with you in person if you email us [email protected]

Christine C.
  • Industry: Design

A Diamond in the rough ...

Reviewed on 2020/01/30

Overall this platform has been a lifesaver. I'm glad I made the switch from Square.

Pros

I'm glad I discovered this platform. I had been paying an exuberant amount of fees to recieve payments from my customers. Thanks to Melio, I enjoy receiving electronic payments without the deduction of transaction fees.

Cons

I wish I could receive the payments faster. Sometimes it takes 4 to 5 days to show in my account. I also wish the notes field would be better. More space, better looking on the recipient side. Maybe invoicing is a feature Melio could add.

• Industry: Accounting

Great, cost-effective platform to process vendor payment

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

Pros

Perfect integration with Quickbooks. Low cost to process payment. Simple but effective UI.

Cons

Processing time could be faster. Initial delay could be shorter.

Response from Melio

Hi, thank you for this great review. We are very glad to hear you are enjoying Melio's user interface and QuickBooks integration. We would also like to thank you for the important feedback. We are always looking to improve and will pass your input along to the relevant teams.

Daniel W.

Bringing US accounts payable into the 21st century

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

Pros

It's insane, but businesses still mail each other checks. It feels like time travel back into the 50s. Melio makes it possible to easily do FREE ACH payments. It's crazy, that this is something special and makes them a standout in 2020, but that's the reality here in the US. Thanks for giving us the most obvious & basic functionality!!!

Cons

No cons. It's really easy and great for us.

Response from Melio

Hi Daniel, thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are glad to hear you find Melio easy and helpful for running your business!