NextChapter

Cloud-based bankruptcy software for attorneys

Joshua M.

Very happy with NextChapter

Reviewed on 2021/04/03

It has been great! I'm especially happy with the customer support team, they are responsive and collaborative in helping me get what I need.

Pros

Having a SaaS based software was critical for our needs. I find the software to generally be intuitive and it is completely reliable. The integration with InfusionSoft and DebtorCC was nice and easy.

Cons

I would like it if there was an easier way to handle the SOFA sign-off process.

Response from NextChapter

Thanks so much for your review, Josh! It is fun to help customers like you who are so kind and understanding. We hope your firm continue's to find success using NextChapter!

Tyler S.

Have Not Used Long

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

It is a good value for the money. I think once I get used to it, it will be easier to use.

Pros

It is cloud based, and relatively easy to follow.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to tell where the software is pulling information from. I spend a lot of time flipping back and forth from section to section to try to figure out where certain information came from.

Shari T.

Why Every Bankruptcy Law Firm Should Use NextChapter

Reviewed on 2020/01/13

Pros

There is so much about NextChapter that I like, however, I will elaborate only on a few. The most appealing function on NextChapter is integrating the debtor(s) credit report into the petition. Is there anything easier than that? One other thing I like about NextChapter, and it may seem trivial to some, is I do not have to click on any "Save" button at anytime to save the data I have already enter. I can exit the software, come back to it two days later and my previous edits were automatically saved. NextChapter is the easiest and most cost effective bankruptcy software on the market in my opinion.

Cons

There isn't anything I like least about this software. You can upload your client's pdf documents needed to file with the petition and save them in NextChapter. No more jumping back and forth from your client's electronic folder to NextChapter. It's all right at your fingertips.

Response from NextChapter

Thank you SO much for this review, Shari! The app was designed to make the data entry process easier, so we love hearing that this design is paying off for our users.

Tara S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Best Bankruptcy Software EVER!!

Reviewed on 2020/01/13

From the great product to the wonderful customer service professionals, this is the best bankruptcy software I have used!

Pros

Next Chapter turned the bankruptcy software process on its head! In the best way! It gathers the information once, and files the forms as needed, rather than requiring the user to enter information multiple times or in multiple places. The cloud-based system means I can enter, review and even file cases from anywhere I have a laptop (or iPad or phone) and an internet connection! I have used the software on the beach in Hawaii, and even filed a case from the main stage at the NFL Draft! I can't begin to say enough good things about this software!

Cons

There really are not any downsides to this product!

Response from NextChapter

Thank you SO much for this great review, Tara! We are so happy to hear you like using NextChapter and can use it whenever you are traveling. When you say you can use it anywhere, you really mean anywhere!

Chris N.
  • Industry: Law Practice

So good its become a necessity for us

Reviewed on 2020/07/14

Fantastic.

Pros

The cloud implementation is a life changer for a small firm. Even before everyone was working from home, the ability to jump online and work on cases anywhere was great - now its a necessity. Also, they are constantly improving it. Every few months there's some upgrade that adds features. Finally, the customer service is top-notch. Any time I've run into a problem I've been easily able to get a hold of a real person and have them walk through the resolution with me.

Cons

Connecticut (where I practice) has some unique requirements with filing Chapter 13 plans, which still require a bit of a work around; but I would need to do the same thing with any other third-party software platform.

Response from NextChapter

What an amazing review, Chris! We are so happy to have you as a user and will strive to continue our "top-notch" support!

Brooke M.
  • Industry: Legal Services

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a Customer Service Superstar!

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

Pros

This software is very user friendly. Should I have any problems, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is extremely knowledgeable with the program and always eager to help!

Cons

Some of the customer service representatives that I have dealt with are not as knowledgeable of the program and one left me with an unresolved problem for almost a week. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was able to fix the problem the same day that I brought it to her attention.

Response from NextChapter

Thanks so much for the great review, Brooke! We are happy to hear you are finding are Support team helpful. We just added a few new members, so soon we will all be up to speed!

Joseph P.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Way better more modern bankruptcy software

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Pros

This software blows the doors off of the prior software that our firm used for the past 18 years. More intuitive, data entry and organizational features. Works well on all devices.

Cons

There are some of the features that don't seem complete yet. NextMessage seems like it could be an awesome, groundbreaking way to communicate with clients, but doesn't seem totally mobile compatible yet. Would be great to see and respond to client messages through mobile app.

Response from NextChapter

Thank you, Joseph! We loved meeting you at NACBA and seeing you come by with your iPad already signed up and inputting a case. It's great to watch users catch on so quickly, it makes us so proud of the product! Be on the lookout in the next couple of weeks for some NextMessage enhancements :)

John S.

Great Cloud-Based Bankruptcy Software

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Pros

I initially decided to try NextChapter solely because it is cloud-based. I have tried other cloud-based bankruptcy preparation software and they never quite worked correctly. I love that I can access my cases anywhere and that they are continuing to improve on their product. Almost monthly it seems like there is a new feature or a revision to an old one that makes putting the bankruptcy petition together more seamless and intuitive. Their customer service is excellent.

Cons

In the early days, it felt like some of the features hadn't been fully developed. That has been remedied for the most part.

Response from NextChapter

John - we are thrilled to have you as one of the customers that have been with us since the start. We love being able to release new features and enhancements to our users, especially when our users are the ones to suggest the new ideas to us!

Laurie T.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great product and excellent support!

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Excellent product and staff bailable to assist with concerns and issues that arise.

Pros

Product is user friendly and easy to learn.

Cons

Inability to pay filing fees directly from software.

Response from NextChapter

Thanks for the awesome review, Laurie! We love having you and the rest of your firm on board!

Sean R.

Next Chapter Works for Me

Good

Pros

The online basis is great for working in multiple locations such as your office, home office, and the court. When there are errors the customer support team usually responds within 5-10 minutes and can resolve the problem quickly. They often implement improvements to the software and add-ons.

Cons

Sometimes little things are not flushed out but this is usually only for local forms, where there are so many, and the issue just has not been raised. If you update them, they fix it when its possible.

Response from NextChapter

Hi Sean! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it. We're so happy to hear that you've had a positive experience thus far and we look forward to continuing to enhance the product!

Craig B.

Awesome Customer Service!

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

Customer serivce outwieghs all with this product. You will not be disappointed.

Pros

Nextchapter allows for the efficient and accurate preperation of cases.

Cons

Nextchapter does not auto popluate figures with the court during the amendment process.

Response from NextChapter

Thanks for this great review! We're glad you've been able to be a part of all of our improvements the last couple of years and look forward to many more - including amended filings in your district very soon!

Curtis C.

Best move I’ve made.

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Overall this is the best move I’ve made in nearly a decade of practice. It has enabled my practice to grow without the additional cost of more staff by making it easy to work from home and on the road.

Pros

The ease of use and convenience of the web base software are un beatable.

Cons

The sync between Clio and Nextchapter was a bit glitchy but the nextchapter crew were diligent to help us solve it.

Response from NextChapter

"Best move I've made" is music to our ears! You and your staff have been such great additions to our customer base. Thank you for the kind words and we're thrilled to have you on board!

J. dennis G.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Most User-Friendly Software on the Market

Reviewed on 2020/02/16

The support does not hide behind emails and texts. They return phone calls if requested immediately

Pros

It's ease of use and customer support is available anytime I need them. We can complete most Chapter 7 bankruptcy petitions in approximately one hour.

Cons

There is nothing we dislike about this software or company.

Response from NextChapter

Thank you SO much for this review. We all work hard to support our customers so we are very happy to hear our hard work is appreciated. We are so happy to have you as a customer!

Will G.

Great Cloud-Based Solution

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

Excellent. Would highly recommend to any bankruptcy attorney.

Pros

1. Cloud-Based.
2. Ease of Use.
3. Quick Customer Service.
4. Consistent improvement of software.

Cons

No ability to directly edit schedules; however, they have listened to this

Response from NextChapter

What an awesome review, Will! You've been such a wonderful and loyal NextChapter user and we're so happy to have you on board!

Jenna R.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Good for a start, but does take some time to utilize.

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

We appreciate the online based system. There are ALOT of tweaks this software still needs to fix especially in the Chapter 13 plan.

Pros

Customer support is very helpful and responsive.

Cons

Inability to fix their issues that have been brought up.

Response from NextChapter

Thanks for taking the time to review and work with us, Jenna! We are always open to improving out software and are happy to continue making sure NextChapter fits all of your needs :)

Kristi F.

Our office switched from Best Case to Next Chapter. The input of bankruptcies is so much...

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

It is so easy to input a client's bankruptcy with them sitting in front of you. I can have an entire petition ready within 30 minutes of meeting with the client.

Cons

It took a while to get used to how you have to review petitions with Next Chapter. Now that we are used to it, we love it!

Response from NextChapter

We're so happy to have you on board! To hear that your petition is ready within 30 minutes is music to our ears!

Jim F.

Very Impressed!

Reviewed on 2020/01/28

I would definitely recommend NextChapter to anyone looking. The software covers all the issues in a filing and is easy to use. I'm very happy with the product and the support.

Pros

The software is easy to use, easy to set up and easy to work with. What's even better is the on screen chat support which allows you to instantly connect with a member of the support team. The support I've received is second to none. Far and above better than that I've received from the other software service companies I subscribe to for my firm.

Cons

The information on the virtual paralegal program is a little scarce. But its great once you're able to figure it out.

Response from NextChapter

Thanks so much for your review, Jim! We are so happy to hear that you are liking NextChapter and finding it easy to use. Our Support team is always happy to help a friendly user like you :)

Jimmy S.

Best Bankruptcy Software on the Market

Reviewed on 2020/06/05

I am very happy with the experience and will continue to use it in my practice.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and makes the entire process very simple.

Cons

The only thing that I can think of is the slight delay when the petition is being filed online.

Response from NextChapter

Thanks so much for the review, Jimmy! We are glad you're finding the software user friendly and even more pleased it is simplifying your practice!

Sevan G.

The iPhone X of Bankruptcy Software -- i.e. they are SO ahead of the game and competition!...

Reviewed on 2017/11/08

Pros

So intuitive, so easy and cuts down on my time. The credit report integration helps a lot and the e-file is amazing.

Cons

The exemptions dropdown window -- can be simplified. Currently the dropdown contains both 703 and 704 exemptions and very confusing and hard to find the one I want to look for.

Response from NextChapter

We are happy to have your support Sevan. Thanks to your suggestions, we have updated the exemption capabilities for our Winter '18 release. Thanks for being a valued NextChapter customer!

Geneva E.

Great product

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

Pros

It is so easy to use, the ability to customize everything really makes it great. I have other case management software and I end up using other methods to do things because the software is cumbersome, but NextChapter has truly made a program that helps me work more efficiently and I don't need to use a separate Task list or anything else.

Cons

You cannot delete a client if you put in an entry you don't need, but a quick training taught me how to archive, so not a big deal. I jabe only been using this a few months, but so far that I haven't had any complaints!

Response from NextChapter

Wow, Geneva- thanks for this awesome review! So glad to hear NextChapter has made your practice more efficient and streamlined.

Richard F.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Indispensable service

Reviewed on 2020/04/04

Very satisfied

Pros

NextChapter is effective and easy to use, it's a reflection of the people that run it.

Cons

There are no negatives that I could find

Response from NextChapter

Thank you SO much for this review, Richard! We could not be happier to hear that NextChapter is easy for you to use and helping you run your business!

Andrew H.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great product and great service

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

Pros

This is very user friendly software with excellent support. It saves me so much time. Really pleased with the partnership I have with NextChapter.

Response from NextChapter

Thanks for the kind words Andrew! We are happy to have you onboard. :)

Michael C.
  • Industry: Legal Services

NextChapter took my practice to the next level

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

Pros

The top benefit of this system is the web-based setup, which has allowed me to detach from the office as much as I want or need to. I'm a solo attorney & military reservist, so being able to maintain work "on the road" is critical. This software allows me to work literally anywhere, anytime. Due to the amount of time I was out of the office, I was limited to how many cases I could manage. NextChapter allowed me to increase my case volume to a level on par with the top filing firms in my market, even with a very non-traditional "in-office" schedule.
This was HUGE prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, but it was also a lifesaver post-pandemic, when we quickly shifted from in-office meetings with clients to exclusively online/telephonic meetings. This software allowed us to navigate those changes without a hitch. It also has allowed my legal assistant to work almost exclusively from home. She still only works 1-2 days per week in the office.
This platform also performs many of the functions of the very expensive case management systems as well, albeit not as robust as some of the options on the market. But this aspect has allowed me to function as a relatively high volume bankruptcy practice without an additional, very costly, case management system.

Cons

There are a few "tricks" that you need to understand about the software to make the petition documents come out the way you intend, so there's a learning curve. Training & information is readily available, customer support is very responsive about those things, but it's still a bit frustrating.
Occasionally, server communication issues have disrupted work on cases at inopportune times.
There are a lot of capabilities that the software has that I don't or haven't yet used, mainly because I haven't had time to learn. I hope to utilize the messaging system more in the future to facilitate communication with clients.

Response from NextChapter

Thanks so much for this review, Michael! We are so happy NextChapter has enhanced your practice and has allowed you and your staff to work from virtually anywhere!

Danielle L.

A Modern Program for the Modern Attorney

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

As with all change, it's been a learning experience! We are a very modern and innovative law practice dedicated to maximizing efficiency and technology. We know that our clients operate in a world of smart phones and the internet, and we want to their experience in hiring an attorney to fit right into that lifestyle. NextChapter has allowed us to do that. Our bankruptcy practice has been streamlined into two simple meetings with an attorney and interaction through the internet at the convenience of the client!

Pros

Utilizing the Debtor Portal has allowed me to completely cut out an "input meeting" and save precious paralegal and attorney time. Not only are clients inputting the information that they themselves are most familiar with, they are also scanning in documents that we otherwise would've scanned. The layout of the program is modern and very user-friendly.

Cons

There are still kinks that pop up once in a while, but the team at NextChapter is always ready and willing to fix them in a timely manner.

Response from NextChapter

We're so happy to hear how beneficial MyChapter has been for your firm. We love to hear that attorneys are looking for modern change and find that NextChapter fits into that process. We look forward to continuing to build and enhance these helpful features! Thanks so much!

Cheryl B.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Recommended software for bankruptcy attorneys

Reviewed on 2020/05/25

I highly recommend NextChapter for any bankruptcy attorney, small firm or large firm.

Pros

I chose NextChapter because I needed to move my bankruptcy software into the cloud. I've kept NextChapter because of the customer service and timely software updates, as well as innovations in product options.

Cons

I've relayed suggestions for software improvement, primarily in local Chapter 13 Plans, and NextChapter has been responsive in software updates to include improvements.

Response from NextChapter

We can't thank your firm enough for such great reviews, Cheryl! We hope you continue to enjoy using NextChapter and continue letting us know how we can improve! Users like you make NextChapter a better, more effective product.