Greater Giving

Fundraising solution for non-profits

Ron K.

Greater Giving: Great software for event management

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

We use Greater Giving to manage our Marquee events (galas, golf, wine tasting, etc.) - events that usually have an auction component and the staff, volunteers and constituents love it. I've personally used Greater Giving software for the past eight years and have never worked with a software vendor that is more in tune with their customer's wants and needs. They actually ASK for ways they can improve the product and LISTEN! I've seen our suggestions appear in product updates repeatedly over the years and they never stop trying to improve their product.

We began using their mobile bidding service over the past couple of years and the staff and patrons love it. Their Go Time event night software is so easy to use I barely have to train volunteers on event night - the software just walks them through the check-in/registration process and makes check out at the end of the night a breeze. As previous reviews mentioned, their website and reporting areas are a little more cumbersome to use, but I know that they are working on that too - we've already seen some great advances in reporting with the latest software release.

Greater Giving software and event support is outstanding - they are only a phone call away anytime, but most importantly on the day of your event and a LIVE person answers the phone who knows the product and can fix your issues and get you back on track in no time! They are fantastic.

I would highly recommend Greater Giving to any non- profit interested in experiencing a great event management tool. This is one fantastic organization!

Pros

Ease of use, outstanding customer support, mobile bidding option/component, auctioneer features for a professional live auction, leader boards, smooth check-in/check-out event process, ability to e-mail receipt to patrons at check out, volunteers absolutely love it! Patrons are very impressed at the flow of the event when we move the event management to Greater Giving.

Cons

Reporting is confusing and needs work and they need to make improvements in the backend website creation process but we are able to get the information out of the system that we need and we have great looking, easy to use websites.

Madi S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Greater Giving

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Overall great. There are occasional glitches but their customer support team is outstanding.

Pros

The auction and check in portion of the software are the most valuable. Allowing early and self check in for participants at events is fantastic and helpful.

Cons

This does not link to any of our other databases and we have to enter all information without any transfers

• Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Gets the job doneish

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

I used for organizing fundraising - I'd personally reaearch other software in the future to see if they have better search options for easier fill-in or better grammar checks for entries.

Pros

It wasveasy to keep track of lots of different pieces for donor fundraising and an auction event. In export functionality, it was great.

Cons

Woof, not very intuitive at first. Also just time consuming. It feels like there should be a built in feature to search businesses and addresses or such. That would elevate the software to gold in my donor assistant standards.

Patty S.

Recommend Greater Giving for nonprofit events management

Reviewed on 2015/02/10

I have used Greater Giving for the past three years to manage our agency's gala. Last year, we added the mobile bidding component. When we jumped from 'paper' to Greater Giving in 2012, our goal was to make our guests' experiences at the gala as painless as possible. We also wanted to make it easier to manage for the volunteer leadership in our cash out room. With the help of Greater Giving, our gala has become one of the best in Rochester, NY. We have over 700 guests that register quickly and easily, and most who choose to pre-swipe a credit card, making the check out process no longer a necessity at the end of the evening. Our auctions have grown, and the return on value as gone from 55% to 78% last year - the first time we used mobile bidding.

The Greater Giving service team has been exceptional, often responding the same day when contacted, always by the end of the next business day.

Greater Giving has many layers and takes time to truly understand all that it can do to help with your events. However, it is easy to understand, and the time invested will pay off with happy attendees and volunteers and significant growth in amount raised.

I highly recommend this product for anyone looking to increase revenue at an event and enhance the experiences of the attendees

Emily S.

Fantastic Service and Great Product

Reviewed on 2015/02/08

We have been using Greater Giving for our Parents' Club fundraising software for since 2011. I personally began using the software in 2012 and have grown very fond of the product. Every year I talk with customer service and say I wish the software could do "xyz" and they say "that is in the works". The next year I see the improvements. My biggest complaint is the software takes some time to learn. We are a volunteer organization and it can be difficult to have people learn the software in the time frame needed. That being said, those of us who are actively involved are very knowledgeable and impressed with the many features the software offers. I believe a permanent, year round organization would quickly get immersed in the software and use it to the fullest intent. I am impressed with all the reporting and appreciated the many ways you can filter the data and export the data. The ease of being able to pull donors, donations and sponsors from one event to the next has been a huge benefit for us and eliminated many hours of work. In reality, I do not feel the software could be easier I just believe we are in a difficult position because of ever changing volunteers.

Tera C.

Greater Giving great customer service

Reviewed on 2016/05/09

Pros

Customer service was incredible. I loved being able to create a fundraising page for each new campaign.

Cons

I can't say anything negative about this program. Every encounter I had with customer service went above and beyond!

Jordan D.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Essential for Fundraising!

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Pros

This software is an exceptional tool for fundraising efforts. Event planners, auction chairs, and many more benefit from this software offering an organized and unique approach to fundraising. Mobile bidding, online auctions, and much more make this software engaging and easy to use from anywhere!

Cons

Initial use may be a challenge before you get used to the product. Learning curve for those that are not used to technology through mobile bidding and online auctions, however, the ease of use makes it easy to explain to a donor.

Cindy M.

Nightmare to use on the backend

Reviewed on 2015/05/07

I can't wait to get rid of this software. It looks good on paper until you use it. We couldn't make heads or tails of the reports. Designing the website pages were challenging (and I'm a website designer). Not intuitive. Inflexible. Want to had a field? Forget it. Want to add instructions or a different title to a field? Forget it. At the bottom of your website will be an ugly black bar with the Greater Giving logo - and you can't get rid of it. I've ask them to change it from a black bar to transparency or white, no luck.

Response from Greater Giving

Thank you for your very valuable feedback. First off, we are sorry to hear your experience was so incredibly frustrating. Your feedback is helpful to us as we continue to develop and improve our products. We recently hired a new Product Manager and he is very interested in speaking with you further to gain more insight. Secondly, we've been listening to feedback about the reports and the black bar and are already updating those areas for further customization so users do not feel stuck.

Overall, thank you for your candidness, and we would like to work with you on accurately collecting your pain points and suggestions to improve our solutions.

Jill Boyer
Senior Marketing Manager

Chris F.

Great customer service and a continually developing product.

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

We have had success with the Greatergiving event software for the past few years. Each year improvements are made and functionality is added. We have received excellent customer service starting with our sales rep, to the event rep and finally the help desk.

Pros

Ease of use for event night volunteers.

Cons

There is a great deal of options and functionality so there is a learning curve to make the most of the features.

Matthew M.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great Event Management Software

Reviewed on 2018/03/28

Greater Giving provides all the functionality we need at a very reasonable price. The event registration and check-in/check-out process is easy and much appreciated by our guests. Silent auction online bidding has become very popular, and we've seen a dramatic increase in the amount of money raised through the auctions.

Pros

Nice set of features for the cost.
Online auctions have been a tremendous benefit for our organization

Cons

Admin interface is sometimes difficult to work with, and could use a redesign. Reporting is also a bit cumbersome.

Anna G.

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Pros

The best part of this software is the amount of support that they provide you depending on the level package that you get. For the top level, there are instructional videos for everything along with access to customer service representatives all the time.

Cons

The only challenge that I have encountered is when using the chat system. I never really got a solid answer to my question, so I ended up calling customer support. They heard me and tried to walk through different options so that helped.

Cara M.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Best Event Software Available

Reviewed on 2017/06/27

The software provided a quick and accurate recap of the money we brought in during our event.

Pros

Ease of use was great. Go Time interface for volunteers was a life saver!! The website was also a great tool for our Live and Silent Auction items.

Cons

No standard thank you letter with donations, sponsorship/ticket sales, and purchases in one document - very dissapointed

Kiki C.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Greater Giving - really does give!

Reviewed on 2016/10/20

Our development office has now been using Greater Giving for a little over 2 years, after doing some extensive research and choosing it as the BEST option. This has given us the opportunity to use it for many different events more than once and across different departments/colleges within the medical university. Because it is web based, there are no restrictions on number of users and you can lock/unlock per event we have used it with select "third party" events- where all proceeds benefit us but the event is run by a group of volunteers and not a formal organization.

It helped us streamline some of our functions for all our various events. It has also given us an opportunity to try some peer to peer fundraising. Other departments have now begun using it and others are now attempting events because this platform is available.

We've found the ease of use in training our volunteers and interns a plus. The fact that almost anyone can be trained to create a landing page for ticket sales, auctions and peer to peer campaigns is a huge advantage for our organization. Go Time (day of event) process is another favorite aspect of Greater Giving.

Overall we have been so pleased with both the customer support- some of our suggestions have even been incorporated in 2 upgrades since we've been using it! And they've actually lowered instead of increased the cost on Mobile Bidding (you used to have to pay per mb event and now it's a once a year cost) Not only are more funds raised, Greater Giving give us back time as well!

Pros

It's overall ease of use and convenience.

Cons

Some of the features are difficult to use/not up to par- peer to peer fundraising for ex.

Also the webpage/landing page building can be quite complicated and the tutorial isn't comprehensive enough. Same goes for the reports- we know that there are so many but the training just touches the surface.

Gloria B.

Could not do what we do without Greater Giving!

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

I sourced Greater Giving back in 2010 when we were producing our first Gala. I wanted software that would easily keep track of people and items. The ability to create a website was a bonus! Greater Giving performed like a champ before, during and after the event.

I also began using the website capabilities for other events/fundraisers. The sites are pretty easy to set up and maintain. When I have needed more help, customer support is always there.

They were really there for me at our second gala when the power went out. We had just finished the silent auction and the guests were seated for dinner and being served when the power went out. We were able to process all the silent auction items as we worked from the software and not the cloud. We decided not to have the live auction or fund a need. Instead, Greater Giving assisted us in creating an online auction and worked with us every step of the way. Their expertise and great products helped to save what could have been a disaster.

Hospice East Bay has about 4 events a year where Greater Giving is utilized. As long as I am the Development Associate for this organization, we will be continuing our relationship with Greater Giving!

Pros

Easy to use. Great customer support. Full reporting capabilities. Easy customization.

Cons

When the website gets updated and things move around or there are different ways to do them. No manual updates when that happens.

Laura M.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Greater Giving Review

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

Like stated before Greater Giving is an amazing software and it makes it very easy to run your event through it. You are able to easily track ticket sales, input silent auction items, sell silent auction items, store vendor/partner information.

Pros

I love the easy access to those working with you (staff) and later for those using the Silent Auction feature the ease for those that sign up to be able to see the items and receive notifactions.

Cons

Overall it is a great product. There are a few kinks for example while adding your credit card via picture for those participating in the silent auction the information doesn't get put in exactly correct which causes for the process to take longer and the registration to be more difficult. At an event in which people are moving around and with an older crowd making the registration as easy and less time consuming would be more beneficial.

Mark P.

Satisfied Customer for over 7 years.

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

We have used the Greater Giving software for our last 7 galas/auctions and each year it continues to improve and make the back-of-house operations easier for our event volunteers. I would highly recommend this software to anyone who is wanting to make operations seamless for both your guest and volunteers. Mobile bidding functions that were incorporated are very popular with our constituents and have raised the overall amount of donations given.

Pros

Ease of use and customer support.

Cons

It is a little higher in cost but well worth the expense and ease of mind the night of the event.

Heather S.

Like it for Galas

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Greater Giving really helped us to track our auction donations and number them, to track our bidders and assign them a number for bidding for Fund the Need and kept everything in one easy place for reporting. We were then able to export the data into our donor software. It simplified our process for the auction, quite simply.

Pros

We have used this software for our gala for many years. I inherited it and began using it and found the transition to be pretty smooth. I really like it for assigning bidders to tables and to individuals and for tracking auction donations and values.

Cons

My least favorite thing was the lack of online bidding software but I believe they now have that too. We are not doing our gala anymore so we were unable to try that feature.

Tom B.

GG Event Software great for small and mid-sized organizations

Reviewed on 2015/02/08

The product suite includes all of the basic tools/features you would want in this type of product. The online payments web tools are also good, but somewhat limited. Users with substantial html skills can get a lot more out of it, but non-technical users may find the tools difficult to navigate. The fact that the web-tools allow us to build entire websites (not just registration, donations, and sales) adds tremendous value.

For a small to mid-sized organization that needs a full suite of tools to handle this arm of their business, it's a great option and I recommend the product. My organization is a PTA and the data structure for managing "Households" (individual parents, children, etc) is clunky and difficult to integrate with other systems data. That said, whenever we've had issues or questions, the GG support team has been great!

All in all, a great value.

Annemarie M.

This software has brought our event to new heights!

Reviewed on 2016/10/19

Working with Greater Giving has enhanced our department, events and my job tremendously. We have used the software for several years now and have added mobile bidding most recently. Mobile bidding has increased our silent auction sales by 25% in just the first year of use and look forward to using it again and growing our revenue!

Diane A.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Greater Giving Review

Reviewed on 2015/02/25

Pros

Easy to use, easy to access, easy for many to use, easy for many to keep track of.

Cons

Nothing for us to think about for the least. The vendor is easy to use.

Sylvia M.

Useful, But Clunky

Reviewed on 2017/04/13

Our organization used Greater Giving for many years to handle program and event registrations, ranging in size and focus. It can be difficult to set up and use but efficient once you have the information.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

More features this year...they seem to be focusing on Auctions

Reviewed on 2020/07/23

It's getting better as an auction platform. They recently added a lot more functionality and updated the look and feel. They are also doing a better job with training and calls, esp. they quarterly update calls.

Pros

We use Greater Giving for our online and in person auction. Auction software is such a niche market, we had to purchase this for fundraising purposes.

Cons

No longer use it for other fundraising since it was cumbersome and clunky. While they have templates there are SO MANY screens to click through to get the data you need.

Tammany B.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Keeping my life sane!

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

Using the Greater Giving Software has allowed me to really be in control of the data and the ROI of my events. The software is very easy to use and set up. It has tremendous functionality and flexibility to engage multiple users. We look so professional at our events at check in and check out and guests love it.

I have been using the product for three years and have hosted 10 different events through the software.

Mobile bidding is beyond amazing! It has transformed our event and put the fun back in the cocktail hour because we are able to open up the bidding the day before the event to allow guests to browse and start the bidding process in the comfort of their own home or coffee shop.

The reports have been invaluable to use with new committee members year after year to really hone in on the auction items that sell the best.

The database makes connecting with the audience easy, year after year.

One of the most important areas is the upper management. They actually listen to the clients and work to make needed changes to the product to be the most customer friendly product out there. The concern upper management has for the end consumer shows in the call center support. Their customer service staff is always available to answer questions and help guide me through anything I am doing or stuck on.

This is great product that is just getting better each year!

Pros

The database features and fields, mobile bidding and ease of email campaigns.

Cons

Some of the fields could be located on different pages to make the work flow more integrated

Arthur H.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

We use it for an annual auction event

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

It works perfectly for our client to do their annual fund raiser

Pros

It is now all done on a web page. This has been a large improvement over the older versions. It is quick and easy for our volunteers to use.
Support is excellent when you need it.

Cons

It can sometime time out when your are in a conference center wifi. Logging in can be confusing for volunteers

Nathaniel F.

Great for events.

Reviewed on 2017/05/16

Would recommend.

Pros

We always use greater giving for our 5+ events a year. It's great for checking people in, and just about all the steps necessary to take when running events, before, during, and after.

Cons

Some of the nuances in processing payments can be a bit tricky, and are not intuitive when teaching others how to use the softeware.